Re: [Destiny League S01] Cannonball vs No-Name

Valiant

"Oh! No use for tactics I see it would have been easier 3 on 3 battle especially since I hate close combat"Said Jason as he let out a roar of excitement.

Tapping the intercom button"So captanno and Janos if you wouldn't mind I'd love to be last as they say save the best for last"Said Jason with a slight tone of arrogance in his voice.

He then turned off the intercom and started to turn the switches all into the on position "way to many switches on this machine"said as he readied the weapons and thrusters.

"Good luck Captainy make sure to bash his head in"Said Jason as he licked his lips as he got more excited by every passing second.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crowds roared as the competitors took field.

"Ladies and gentlemen; I give you your competitors!  First to compete is...where's the line-up? They didn't hand one in What do you mean? there's no line-up? Yeah. Who the hell is running this tournament?! Bill, you left the mike on.  Oh...Ladies and gentlemen; team Canon-ball Blitz and team No-name!"

(OOC: Seriously, some sort of roster is a big help ...just saying guys  )

(OOC: Well, If it's gonna be a round of One on Ones, guess I'll go first. )

So, one at a time, eh? Ryan could deal with that. Especially since, well, he wanted OT go first. He wasn't going to wait for some action. "I'll go first guys. My suit is best equipped to at least let me handle them long enough to figure out how they'll react. Besides, I doubt I could wait for someone else to get finished first." he said through the com-link, doing a quick double check over all the systems in his cockpit. All green, and ready to go.

The large, metal titan that was his Duel Dagger, would advance forward, one large foot coming up, then resting down in front of the other. Then repeated, multiple times. He would slowly advance into the city, each time making sure to keep up a good lookout, as he looked for his opponent. Wonder, oh he wondered, what suit would his opponent used? Hopefully not some totally standard issue run of the mill model, like a normal dagger. Then things would end way to quick, in Ryan's favor, naturally.

He advanced in one specific direction, the side of the city directly opposite to where they had come up, which was, hopefully, where the enemy had come up. He would however,slowly weave between buildings, using them as cover in case of any type of unwanted first strike. He silently stalked through the city, waiting for his opponent to show.

OOC: @OPA:  :'( I said sorry, and I reaally mean it (seriously)

@fireminerva: O.o, unless i read Valiant wrong (I might have >.< lol)

Each match consists of three 1v1 battles between the respective players

btw, if it were me, it would be a 3v3. Ah, a man can only dream....

IC: Both her team mates chimed in on the comm. "Good luck, 'K'!", came in Janos, his astray seemingly rearing to go. She kept in mind, Janos was a close combat fiend "Good luck Captainy make sure to bash his head in" just before Jason Yuling interjected her thoughts.

She laughed slightly, "Hey, thanks for the support you two. Glad i've got you two watching my back. Metaphorically. 'Cause, you know, this is a 1v1 and stuff..." she trailed off, once again the adrenaline acting up. Kodess grinned embarrassingly, it was not the time to make small talk. The referee-cum-commentator blurted over the commlink, bringing Kodess to attention, the fight at hand.

"First to compete is...where's the line-up?" he said, confused. Kodess hit herself for not remembering to submit one, being as absent minded as she was.

Radar interference was high, and there was an extremely low chance she'd be able to detect her foe. Like any team daring enough to enter the Destiny League, Cannonball Blitz would not be a walk in the park. Kodess kicked the OCHER Ginn into high gear, waving back to her guys with its left, hyper velocity rifle in its right. The machine jogged down a street, its waist reaching the same level as the rooftops. She bit her lip. Need higher cover. There were outcrops of larger buildings, no doubt used for cover. The OCHER fired its thrusters, with some effort, and vaulted over a block of buildings. It held the rifle with both hands now, much like a human soldier, its sword clamped to the waist and spare machine gun on its back.

The large feet of the mobile suit made slight cracks on the road, as it landed from its jump. Kodess took the controls like reigns on a horse, and the Ginn wheeled to its right, sliding noisily and messily into the shadow of an office tower, able to cover the Ginn proficiently. The monoeye mimicked Kodess' movement, she took hasty glances to her left and right. The camera flew along its rails, keeping up with her sight, as she decided to bide her time. The OCHER stood still behind its cover, both hands steadily on the rifle. She licked her lips and breathed irregularly and heavily. It had only just began....

The two teams had made their choice for their first competitors...finally.

"Let the first match between Cannon-ball Blitz and No-name...BEGIN!"  A bullhorn wailed as the announcer announced the commencement of the match.

This match had officially begun.

(OOC:  Ok, I want a nice clean match, that means no spitting, no biting, no eye-gouging, no god-modding It's ok Asahi; we all have things that take up time.

Enjoy your match guys; I'm in ref mode now)

Ryan would advance further into the town, while still visually scanning the nearby area. He couldn't see his opponent yet, nor could see anything as much as he would have liked. Still though, he couldn't help but notice a flash in the corner of his eye. Probably an engine, and from the way he saw it, probably just stopped in use. Although building hopping might help his opponent mobility, it didn't help his stealth.

Ryan would advance forward, looking at where he had seen the flash. The missle launcher mounted on it's right shoulder would open, firing a single, large missle at the spot. In a flurry of dancing flames, sharpnel, and debris, it would impact the spot, blowing a chunk out of the building, and utterly destroying it.

Ryan didn't know quite where his opponent wa,s but that was his little way of saying 'I'm on to you'.

Although taking cover was one thing, having it subsequently destroyed was another. Either her enemy had already concealed himself, or she just wasn't looking, a missile streaked out of nowhere and impacted with the office tower. Kodess gritted her teeth, a thought ran through her head. "So this guy means business..."

"Let's Dance!" Kodess shouted. The machine, with the building missing a sizeable chunk to its right, wheeled out from the left of the tower. Even if the Ginn responded and moved like a pig, Kodess didn't care, especially when using the rifle. The eye took a moment to scan, the Duel Fortrestra appeared loud and clear of the optical sensors. Kodess took almost no time to click the trigger of the rifle. Its metallic, resounding burst fire of four hyper velocity rounds sped towards the target. Kodess however, did not factor in the recoil, even when the OCHER held it with both hands. The first burst would land, but she had no time to fire off another extended burst. By impulse, and perhaps the fact that the office tower had almost finished collapsing, she steered the Ginn out of its cover, this time, blind firing, and she began to seek another form of cover. Between the time she left cover and found new cover, Kodess knew she could be delt a clean blow, but she made sure to continue her blind firing, for the sake of deterring the Fortrestra from returning fire, or at least, any aimed shot.

OOC: I wanna ask, is this too many actions in one turn? Would it be fair to say the first burst landed? Just asking *shrug* i'm afraid of god-modding

Edited by Guest

(OOC:  The way I read it is that you fired one burst (four rounds), and then bolted from cover to cover firing blindly.  Everything else was just description.

I don't see this as too much action, however, try not to go too far beyond what you've got here.

PS; sorry for the late reply, my parents are setting up a new business and guess who has to help )

As soon as the building seemed to start to fall, A Ginn seemed to come out of, well, behind a building. No doubt, it was his opponent. He could see the Ginn had gun in hand, and knew what was coming next. Almost instinctively, he took one stop back with his right foot, and his left arm juttued forward, shield in hand. The right side of his body would lean back and sideways, as the shield would cover most of it. The rounds would impact agaisnt the shield, violently shaking the left arm, and leaving some aftershocks to rumble the cockpit.

As soon as the rounds stopped firing, Ryan would having his large suit standing straight again, as he watched the ginn make a break for it, while blind firing, at him.  He had his shield still raised in front of him, so any loose shots, or aimed shots, would impact it. It would rattle him a bit, but they just loose shells form a blind fire. Didn't do much to his shield, but it was still quite annoying. That meant if he lowered his shield, even for a moment, he could be screwed.

As the ginn kept moving, the right arm would also raise, rifle in hand, as well as the shoulder mounted cannon on his left shoulder, turning to aim. With the click of a trigger inside the cockpit, each would fire out a scarlet/green beam, which would hurtle at the Ginn. Actually, only one was going at the ginn, the other was going right in front of the Ginn, cutting it off, so that if it kept moving, it would find itself with it's head blown off.

Ryan then decided it was time for some cover, and immediately backpedalled it, to try and avoid as much of the random burst fire as he could. He wasn't going into cover yet, but trying to avoid getting shot when he didn't need to be.

She had underestimated the enemy. Even if it had the Fortrestra armour, the Dagger deftly raised its shield and took shelter behind the shield's silhouette. It was inevitable that her enemy would return fire. However, preparing for his retort was harder than usual. Kodess kept in mind the OCHER's mobility, how its thrusters always fired with strain due to its heavy equip weight. As the Ginn powered onwards towards a sizable building on its right, the Fortrestra vindictively fired back with its beam rifle and shoulder cannon. The Dagger definitely had sufficient tracking on Kodess, she estimated that he'd be able to fire back immediately. However, what made her gasp was the accuracy of her lumbering foe. Like any sensible gunner, Kodess assumed the Fortrestra had aimed some distance ahead of the intended target.

She was right; the shoulder cannon was not to be seen, but the beam however, traveled on an intercept course with her OCHER. Kodess panicked at the controls, and the Ginn responded promptly. It lost traction on the street, and in a subconscious bid to avoid the beam, the OCHER slipped on the tarmac, sliding under it. Large amounts of dust was kicked up, as the mobile suit, unspecified tonnes of ceramic armour, metal plate and sophisticated mechanics screeched and skidded to an eventual stop in the street.

Kodess didn't have time to take five. Even as her hair clouded her helmet visor, Kodess thought:

"Ok. Sure i've fallen over, but the ref can't charge me for that. Can they? Besides its only superficial damage." The Ginn lay steady, its "rear" on the street, and rifle still clutched in its hands.

She grumbled."Well, time to smoke it up" The seemingly useless smoke dispensers mounted on the Ginn's right shoulder lobbed a single smoke cartridge at a building, the grenade bouncing off it and landing on the roof of another, next to the Ginn. It began to smoke up immediately, Kodess took the opportunity to shift the machine into a kneeling position. She also noticed the MOS weapon manager reported the machine gun detached. The Ginn twisted its torso, and picked up the machine gun in its left hand.

"I'll get moving in a sec" Kodess said to herself.

Dodge by trip? He could think of 3 better ways to have dodged right off the bat, but hey, maybe he was causing his opponent to panic? This was exactly what Ryan was aiming for, so he took pride that he had forced his enemy to get clumsy. Well, took pride for baout 5 seconds, before smoke covered the area he had seen her fall in. Damn, now she was that much harder to hit. Still, he could do blanket fire.

The shield would lower to the right, blocking more of the middle of her suit, while leaving the right arm and shoulder semi-open. However, the missle pod on her right shoulder would open, before launching a hail of missles, 7 to be exact. All the missles that would have accompanied the first one, had he fired them all. The barrage of missles would fly forward, scattering in a loose area around where he had seen the Ginn last.

There was a chance she would dodge, or even a slight chance he would miss, but in worst case scenario, the explosions would clear up most of the smoke, if nothing else.

The smoke quickly engulfed the OCHER, not to mention the street block. However, Kodess didn't count on the enemy to just wait; he had already proven to her that he meant business. It annoyed her even more when the Fortrestra fired its missiles. She didn't see them fire, but they landed around the crouching Ginn, shaking the machine and, ingeniously, clearing up most of the smoke. Kodess didn't count on this, but luckily for her, missiles without tracking had terrible accuracy and caused no damage to her Ginn. Kodess snapped up, the Ginn repsonded, and stood a little higher, its upper torso rising above the rooftops. It took a moment to lock, but the Ginn acted accordingly and brought only its machine gun up, firing an extended burst at the Fortrestra.

As if its machine gun fire was a signal, Kodess immediately threw her mobile suit into high gear, it sprinted for all it was worth, through an intersection, towards another commercial building, providing almost sufficient cover for the machine. The Ginn let off another stream of machine gun fire at the enemy before she stopped the machine. It stopped some way behind the building however, it acting more as an obstacle between her and the Dagger. Here, Kodess decided to leave the rifle behind; it hindered the OCHER from jumping too well. She dropped it on top of a building, if she ever needed it again, she knew where it was. Kodess then switched the machine gun to the Ginn's right hand, and prepared for her next move.

Damn, I missed. Was the single thought that ran through his head as his missle smissed there target, though did reveal his opponent. Who had already seen him, from the looks of it. As the Ginn came up, in the moment that it took to aim, Ryan began to thrust his shield up in between them. The shield would come up just in enough time to block the deadly round of bullets, though the shield itself was wearing away. It wouldn't be of much use too much longer.

As the second stream came, it would also impact the shield, which had been slightly moving, always sating between the Dual and the Ginn. However, Ryan was done with the shield. The large titan would let go of the shields handle, as it dropped to the ground, with a rather loud Thud! sound. The free left hand would then rise above his right waist, and grab onto the handle of the beam saber held there. As it drew it, however, it did not yet ignite it, as Ryan didn't exactly want to waste power. And, it was hidden by the fingers, fairly unnoticed, so unless the Ginn pilot explecitly looked for it, there would be nearly no way to notice it.

Ryan would then charge forward at the building inbetween the two, raising the right hand, and with it, the beam rifle. He would then jump to the right, doing an arc around the building. As soon as he caught sight of the enemy's suit, a shot would immeadiently be fired from the rifle, headed in the general direction of it. It would impact the arm of the Ginn, if it didn't move. The shoulder mounted cannon however, took a second to lock on, then fired a shot, headed straight for the head of the Ginn.

She was ready; the Kodess and her Ginn. Kodess had kept the OCHER in a squatting position whilst it neatly placed her rifle on a roof of a building. However, she hadn't expected him to come to her, rather she wanted to advance on him. The Ginn intended to jump (without the thrusters) to the right side of the building and advance immediately, but Kodess hesitated for a moment, ready to move, but not sure of herself. It was the Fortrestra that triggered her to skip a beat, and jump off the mark. Literally.

As the hulk of Fortrestra armour came into sight, both its rifle and shoulder cannon let off one shot each, the cannon less than a few seconds behind the rifle. Either by chance or impulse, the Ginn leaped to the right of the building, left of the offending Dagger. Kodess' mobile suit skipped more than jumped however, and landed a bit short of the building. She took the opportunity to use her OCHER's stressed out thrusters and with its left leg, made a sliding kick at whichever leg of the Fortrestra. The weak thrusters helped the Ginn to hover rather than provide thrust, which in turn, allowed the Ginn to execute the kick more fluidly, rather than screeching along the ground like before. Kodess knew her bold move could make her suffer and perhaps not even reap any benefit for her. First priority to her was to move immediately afterwards, preferably away, but a sustained attack could work.

To Ryan's dismay he missed, again. or more accuretly, the Ginn dodged, again. However, Ryan wasn't quite prepared for what the ginn did next. As it seemed to fall, it turned on it's thrusters, to almost hover in the air, as it kicked at him. It would impact his left leg, causing that leg to buckle slightly, and sending the Dagger tumbling down. However, Ryan wasn't done yet.

As soon as the kick impacted his leg, the left arm was already swinging forward. As it swung, the beam saber held in the hand ignited, at full blaze now, no longer hidden. The dagger would tilt it's body as it fell, and swing it's arm, so that it would not only decapitate the Ginn, but it would cut through part of it's arm as well.

Ryan hoped, desperatly hoped, that this hit landed, as if he hit the ground, he might be in a vulnerable position for a moment, before he could get back up. And, if his opponet had the skill to dodge such a sneak attack, Ryan thought that moment of weakness might be enough for his opponent to give him a royal ass-kicking.

As if in slow motion, the situation unfolded accordingly. With Kodess' kick, the response to that was swift and vengeful; the left hand of the Fortrestra already clutched its beam saber, and upon activating the weapon, the arm of the Dagger swung mercilessly. As the mess of Ginn and Dagger collided, the OCHER Ginn held its left arm in the air, for the sake of doing nothing. The Dagger's striking arm (with its twisting torso) knocked aside the Ginn's arm in a sweeping motion, and before Kodess knew it, the saber passed through nonchalantly, the OCHER's scalp. If it had one. The Dagger's scarlet beam cut off most of the head fin, with it inside, the secondary camera system. However, the Dagger at that point, hadn't finished its swing, much to Kodess' distress. What got in the way of the beam, was promptly sliced off, this being the left shoulder armour of the Ginn. It cleaved through, and with a resounding and satisfying crash, the 18 meters of Fortrestra felt the hard tarmac street.

Kodess gritted her pristine teeth, as the Ginn landed heavily, and to her delight, on top of her enemy.

However, the position of the Fortrestra, as it lay with its right side to the ground, was particularly easy for it to strike again with its left hand, wielding the dreaded saber. She took the opportunity to disable that troublesome arm, and gain more ground at the same time; in terms of damage of course. The OCHER forcefully crushed the left arm of the Dagger, and then, with the machine gun in its right, fired indiscriminately at the downed mobile suit.

OOC: Ok, this is where its up in the air, am I allowed to position how Kyubi landed and am I allowed to deny him movement by squashing his arm? I'm aware this may be cheating, so I'm just making sure, and I'll definitely make the changes Yeah, can't help being a noob.

Although Ryan hadn't managed to behead the Ginn, he had managed ot disable it's left arm. (I think.) And then, the all awaited Thud, as the Dagger forcefully hit the ground, the Ginn landing atop it. However, as the Ginn would attmpet to crush it's arm, The Dagger would flip the beamsaber around in it's fingers, so it was facing inward, cleaving in half whatever limb was trying to crush it. (You werent very specific )

However, at nearly the same time, as the Ginn was about to fire, the Shoulder Mounted cannon on the Dagger's left shoulder aimed up at the Ginn's right hand, and fired several shots. The shots would totally destroy the arm, and since of how close the Ginn and Dagger were at the moment, dodging would be nearly impossible, just as it was impossible for Ryan to dodge the Machine Gun shots. However the Dagger was wearing Fortresa Armor, which was there for more that just to make the Dagger look more buffed. It would hold up agaisnt the shots long enough for the arm to be blown to hell, or the shots to stop coming.

Nearly right as he fired the Shoulder Cannon though, the right arm would arc at the elbow upward, and fire a shot, straight at the Ginn's head. Even if it backed up because of the shot at it's arm, Ryan would easily adjust his arm accordingly, then fire the shots. And, Once again, since how close the two mobile Suits were, it would be nearly immpossible to dodge, and the Ginn didn't have much to block with.

OOC: Fwwwaaaa, you've really given it to me I must admit, I'm (kinda) screwed....Didn't count on much of what you did I guess it serves me right

huh?

cleaving in half whatever limb was trying to crush it. (You werent very specific )

I said it here

The OCHER forcefully crushed the left arm of the Dagger,

You know what, I don't care anymore ' looks like you win this one (Hey! What am I supposed to do?!)

IC:

"For f*cks sake-" She was cut off, as her Ginn convulsed profusely from the damage she was taking. A few seconds ago, it was fine, but Kodess was currently in a whole new world of hurt. As soon as she landed, and proceeded to immobilize the Fortrestra's left arm, it stabbed its saber into the left leg of the OCHER, the giant scarlet spike carving through most of the Ginn's leg, cutting mobility and control to the left leg. But the majority of the leg came down, albeit, with only the Dagger's hand stuck underneath, and with considerably less force, as the locomotion system inside the leg were destroyed. It did step on the hand, but with only the leg weight, did not do any or much damage.

However, the worst was yet to come. Falling back on the next move (using its machine gun) the Ginn stretched out its right hand and at point blank, fired indiscriminately. What made it worse was that the Dagger refused to take anymore punishment, and retorted promptly and swiftly, firing its shoulder mounted cannon at the Ginn's arm. Half a second after the machine gun began pelting the Fortrestra, it was severed at several points on the arm, as the machine gun kept its barrage up. Taking at least a second to disconnect entirely from the Ginn, the arm fell to the ground, and with the center of gravity near the front of the arm carrying the machine gun, fell forward first. To Kodess' surprise however, the machine gun continued firing all the way down, most of the shots were in the general direction of the Dagger's fallen shape.

With the loss of control in the left leg, the Ginn had already began losing balance before it fired its machine gun. The towering brown beast of a machine teetered backwards, the weight being centered on its rear thrusters. Kodess felt the machine falling, but as more a mark of shame and disrespect, the Dagger handed her and the Ginn another slice of humiliation, by annihilating what was left of the Ginn's head, using its rifle, and, with the head gone, left leg immobilized, right arm severed and left somewhat disabled, the OCHER slammed into the ground, displacing dirt around it in a small cloud.

Kodess lay quietly in the pilot seat, eyes closed and teeth gritted. She said to no-one but herself.

"huh. Didn't even get to use my sword"

OOC: Ok team. I've failed you guys (*hits self several times*) If you two win this, I'll be forever grateful

(OOC: I meant I didn't know which limb you were crushing it with, as you just said 'The OCHER' so I didn't know. Sorry.  :-[

Nice Match though. I didn't expect someone with a standard Ginn to be able to do so much .>" title="" />; Nice Job.)

IC: Ryan could only smile as his opponents machine seemed to be demolished blown apart, though he couldn't sya he came out un-ass kicked either. His letf arm had taken severe damage, as well as his armor looked like it could fall right off at any minute. His machine looked like trash.

The dagger would slowly stand up, and walk over to the fall Ginn. He had to give it to the pilot, for a low equipped Ginn, he did fairly well agaisnt the large, Fortressa equipped Dagger's firepower. His hand would come up to open a comlink with his fallen opponent, saying one simple sentance. "Nice Match." His dagger would then saty motionless there, waiting for a descision to be made on the match. He didn't want to wreck this Ginn anymore than it already was, that would be outright shameful.

He would however, open up his Channel with his team, giving a sigh of relief. "This is Ryan, reporting. I think the match is over. I think I've won." These simple words made him feel like he was the king of the world. One more win, and they advanced to the next round. How awsome was that?

(OOC: Once again, Nice Match. I enjoyed it.)

Hitomi breathed in deeply as the match ended, it had taken long enough and she was ready to go.

Advancing her Buster Dagger out and onto the course she radioed to the referee when she reached the start point.

"This is Cannonball Blitz 01.  My machine's condition is green and I'm ready for your signal."  Hitomi didn't believe in wasting time and she treated matches the same way she treated everything else, as something that just had to be done.

(OOC: Sorry for my absence guys, My net has been down -and still is- Couple of things I wouldn't have allowed, but you seemed to have worked it out.

The next two can get into position for their match now- I'll endeavour to get to the net-cafe everyday; I've gotta go now, I'll try to get on tomorrow and set the scene for the next match and tally up the scores for the last match.

Again, sorry for the abcence; it was sudden and unexpected, not sure when my net will be fixed.)

The crowds roar their approval of the first match's conclusion.

"The winner of the first match between Cannon-ball and No-name is Cannon-ball Blitz!"

• 2 weeks later...

[OOC: Sorry, I meant to reply to this earlier.  Valiant posted an update at the Coliseum News.  I'll be assuming OPA's role as referee.  I also sent out a PM to most of you (those who haven't fought, basically) to get back in here.

The show match must go on.  ]

Hitomi brought out both of the Buster Dagger's guns.  She had gotten tired of waiting for the enemy and at this point it only made sense to make the first move.  Calling over the radio to the referee she quickly addressed him.

"Are we cleared to begin sir, or is the match going to be canceled?"

Edited by Guest