Re: [Destiny League S01] Cannonball vs No-Name

Valiant

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Dimitri Shirokov

Team: Cannonball Blitz

Suit: GAT-01A1 Dagger w/ Launcher Striker Pack (If packs are allowed)

And it's still bloody hard finding CE 71 suits in the cosmic compendium...

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

That makes three for Canon-Ball, and two for No-name.  We will need at least one more from No-name for this match to meet the bare minimum requirements.  Asahi, as team captain please get onto Xen or Keiji about signing in.

If the rest of Canon-ball Blitz is unable to compete, I will have to contact Valiant to make arrangements for what is to be done as the tournament rules will not have been met.  This could mean a team head-to-head or a disqualification for Canon-ball Blitz...I'm kidding, Valiant will have the say on what will be done.  But do please try to get one more member in here Canon-ball; this match needs to get underway yesterday.

That makes three for Canon-Ball, and two for No-name.  We will need at least one more from No-name for this match to meet the bare minimum requirements.  Asahi, as team captain please get onto Xen or Keiji about signing in.

If the rest of Canon-ball Blitz is unable to compete, I will have to contact Valiant to make arrangements for what is to be done as the tournament rules will not have been met.  This could mean a team head-to-head or a disqualification for Canon-ball Blitz...I'm kidding, Valiant will have the say on what will be done.  But do please try to get one more member in here Canon-ball; this match needs to get underway yesterday.

Uh... Can you check the team names you're using there?

It'd be kinda weird for my team to get a big ol' DQ because we have three members ready to go.

(OOC: My apologies Val.  Okay with Keiji here, let's get this show on the road.)

On this Earth, there are different cultures, different customs, and different views; but there is always one thing that unites humanity to throng together in multitudes with passion in their hearts.  Competition.

Rome had the gladiators- till it fell, then there were the Olympics; now, in Comsic Era 85, there is the Destiny League.

"Ladies and Gentlemen; welcome to the C.E. 85 Destiny League!"  The roar of the miltitudes nearly completely drowns out the announcers words.

"This match in the ladder to League Glory is between 'Cannonball' and 'No-name'!  This match takes place in the meticulously recreated city of Paris."

In the Colesium, the simulated city of Paris, France sprawls across the field, in its center, standing tall is the Eiffell Tower.

"Ladies and Gentlemen; I give you your future champions!...what? oh, could the owner of the vintage black Sedan report to their car- you've left your lights on."

The announcer had... a poor flair for words but that thought barely crept into Hitomi's mind now as she powered up her Buster Dagger.  As the machine started up it slowly rose to stand until it finally was ready.  In a few moments the signal to launch would be given but until then all Hitomi could do was wait and check her system diagnostics.

Slipping the small headset over her right ear Hitomi called to her teammates.

"Cannonball Blitz, report in as soon as you launch."  With the signal going green Hitomi felt her mobile suit's elevator rise up and into the battleground until it stopped, leaving her MS standing on the south side of the city.  "CB1 status is green, awaiting the signal to fight."

A small flash of, not to showy lights entered Ryan's cockpit, as his mobile suit's systems came to light, the different monitors each springing to life, like a giant chorus of lights. Ryan's eyes would dart across every one of these screens, checking each of them, making sure nothing was not functioning correctly, or something of the sort. Still, one couldn't be so sure until it was actually in use and worked right. All just part of a grand gambit.

A smirk came to his lips, in anticipation, and in slight humor in the judges, less than on-track comment, which Ryan picked up, over his now online headset. This would spread, almost into one of those creepy, wide clown smiles, as Ryan mentally prepped himself for the incoming challenge. The first fight of the Destiny League. His large, blue/purple and white Dual Dagger, fully equipped with it's heavy Fortresa armor,, would lumber to life, moving each of the limbs only slightly, just to make sure everything was working. It was.

His platform was slowly lifted up onto the battlefield, opening up to a large area, looking like a city, him being located on, who cares which side. "Cannonball Blitz, report in as soon as you launch." he would hear through his headset as he rose, recognizing it as the voice of his team's captain, Hitomi. "Roger that, I'm here." he replied, acknowledging his presence to Hitomi. "CB3 here, ready and waiting."

Edited by Guest

Lights flickered on, one by one, each a different color, changing the ambiance of the cockpit with every new light. Once all systems were on and lit up, the cockpit had a slightly eerie teal glow. A blurring of white light reflected off the tinted visor of the pilot's helmet. The only indication as to who it was happened to be the text on the side of the helmet, dull green symbols reading "|-| /-\ ><". It was the third member of Team Cannonball Blitz, known simply by his callsign "HAX". He wasn't a well known pilot in any circles, but he'd managed to make it to the Destiny League thanks to talented teammates and some good fortune.

"This is Mobius Broadcasting bringing you live updates of the Destiny League's first rounds of fighting! We have two teams today ready to tear each other to shreds for their chance at the League Championship! These teams are vicious! Each has fought through a preliminary set of rounds to get here, and we expect to see some amazing combat here tonight! We've got several cameras up and running int he area itself, which might I say is a delicate-looking re-creation of Paris, France! Landscape obliteration is a guarantee! And we have on-board footage coming from Team Cannonball Blitz's HAX! He's graciously allowed us to add a few cameras to his suit so that we can get a feel for how combat really looks!" The broadcast in question was Mobius Broadcasting, a pirate station that didn't hold anything back when it came to content. Swearing, nudity, disturbing violence. They could do it all without interference from the censors. With such a name as "HAX", there was no way he could deny a pirate broadcasting to come live from his machine.

His Dagger unit stepped out to join his teammates. Three Dagger units, just all of them were different variants. Two heavy-weapons types, and one high-mobility. If the need arised, the weapons packs could be jettisoned for high-mobility combat as well. They were called Cannonball Blitz for a reason. "This is CB 02, HAX reporting in for combat. That makes all three of us. Where is the opposition? Beginning area analysis..."

"Kids, I'm afraid this fight isn't going to involve tactics. As you might know, its 1v1, with the winner facing the next contender. I'm going to say it out right: I'm not the best with pep talks. All I can say is, give it everything you've got. Shoot, kick, punch, I don't care what you have to do, headbutt even! Kick their asses!"

Kodess hoped her words ran with the team. The sluggish elevator had delivered the team (in their suits) to the arena floor. She loosened her muscles and took hold of the Ginn's controls. Kodess also found her flight suit extremely uncomfortable; her adrenaline was already pumping, even as the announcer had finished his opening speech. She didn't care about the battle order, although she was itching to start first, and did so.

"Ok, if there are no objections, I'll step up to the plate first."

OOC: Im reaaaally sorry No-Name, for not organizing any freaking combat ordering, so if you guys don't mind, I'll be going first Sorry again

"No tactics, huh? Whatever, I'll take out my can of whoop ass on them for sure!" Janos chuckled as he replied to Kodess' words, "Your pep-talking is fine! Need no worries on that!"

He adjusted his position in his seat, yearning for a more relaxing seat. The elevator ride did not help with his predicament, obviously. However, upon reaching the arena floor, Janos felt a certain air of excitement drifting about, almost forcing him to accelerate forward. Stopping himself, Janos took a breath of serenity, trying to stay calm. Who was he trying to kid? Janos longed to hack some mobile suit flesh and to spill some blood- not really. Perhaps he was too into the arena's addictive atmosphere. The allure of the coliseum was practically forcing Janos out of his seat in its own gravitation.

His adrenaline was stunted as Janos heard Kodess announce that she was going to be first. The pilot within his astray practically foamed at the mouth in impatience. This was ridiculous! How in the world can Janos manage to wait?

Trying to get a grip of himself, Janos replied almost sourly, "Step to the plate up first? Fine... Good luck, 'K'!" he coughed gently into his sleeve, "Unless it's actually team against team... y'know. Then we can really say, 'you got served'."

OOC - I was under the impression that this was going to be a 3v3 battle, but if it isn't I'm going to let someone else go first.

IC - Hitomi turned on her radio and sent out a scattering signal, just so that she might be able to speak to her teammates with some assurance of privacy.

"I don't know who wants it but the first battle isn't mine.  Whoever is having trouble holding back should go first, then at the very least we can see how they can react."