[Cosmic Compendium] Factions and Nations

liubei013

Please use this thread for specific suggestions and/or potential entries regarding the Factions and Nations in the compendium. 

------

Here's my rework for the entry of the [wiki]Republic of East Asia[/wiki].  It turned out a bit longer than I anticipated since I made the history a lot more comprehensive.  Obviously, a large part of it was stuff I just made up to put more depth in this nation.  (Considering that the series only focused on the two Federations)  I also used the Wiki's Cosmic Era timeline to help frame the history.  So, yeah, feedback most appreciated.

The Republic of East Asia is the third largest and powerful member of the Earth Alliance. It spans the territories of China, Mongolia, Japan and Korea.  This nation owns the Kaohsiung mass driver, which is vital for the Alliance’s economic and military might.

History

The formation of the Republic was in response to the near-simultaneous formations of the Atlantic Federation and the Eurasian Federation back during the early Cosmic Era years.  Despite this unprecedented unification, the Republic fell behind in terms of technological and military power in comparison to the two Federations.  It continued to rely on its strength of sheer manpower that the nation could mobilize for both its military and industries. 

Despite several squabbles with the other nation-states, the Republic was able to complete its first major project, the Kaohsiung Mass Driver.  While Hong Kong and Shanghai still served as major terrestrial economic centers, the southern Taiwan spaceport bridged the Republic with outer space.  With this, the Republic’s strength and influence grew.  However, the completion of the Mass Driver caused further resentment between the Republic and the Atlantic Federation.  The Atlantic Federation, in cooperation with the United States of South America, accelerated construction of the Porta Panama mass driver.  Eurasian Federation pushed for tariffs and other trade restrictions against the Republic despite already possessing the Gibraltar spaceport. 

It wasn’t until the Tragedy of Copernicus in which these nations finally united through the formation of the Earth Alliance.  The Republic understood the need for cooperation and allowed full access to their mass driver and other facilities upon the formation of the Alliance’s military arm, OMNI Enforcer.  Utilizing their industrial strength, the Republic began full production of armaments and other goods for the entire Earth Alliance.  The government also sought a representative to take the role of Secretary-General in the Earth Alliance, even though they knew that the position was inherently inferior to the Grand Admiral.  Similar to the Eurasian Federation, the influence of Blue Cosmos was minor and the population in general did not house as much of the anti-Coordinator fervour that plagued the Atlantic Federation. This would have led to further friction, but the Republic concessions and contributions to the Alliance reduced potential resentment to a mere simmer. 

With the First Valentine War commencing, the Republic was hit by two harsh blows in one swift stroke.  ZAFT’s earthbound offensive, Operation Uroboros, initially crippled the Republic’s industries and military defenses through the deployment of N-Jammers.  The Republic was able to quickly recover since they still used a large number of hydroelectric dams and clean coal plants, but many sections of the Republic were still without power and they had difficulty containing the chaos in several major cities.  Despite that, they continued to fuel the OMNI war machine.  But with ZAFT’s successful conquest of the Kaohsiung spaceport months later, the Republic’s influence waned as they were sidelined until the war’s end.

During the Second Valentine War, the Republic reeled from the damage it took during the Junius Seven colony drop.  Many cities, including Beijing, Shanghai, and Seoul, were either flooded by tidal waves or completely wiped out by falling debris.  Surviving members of the government and military command relocated inland; the government relocated to Xi’an and the military to Chengdu in the Sichuan province. 

After the excessive razing of Berlin in the Eurasian Federation and the revelation of the existence of LOGOS, the Republic broke off from the Alliance.  They also backed their citizens’ furor and moved to apprehend and persecute LOGOS members and supporters, including those with close ties with a portion of the government.  The military quickly deployed several naval fleets to Gibraltar, where many former EA units gathered.  However, this sudden opportunity turned into disaster as nearly eighty percent of the Republic’s naval assets were completely wiped out during the EA/ZAFT alliance’s assault on Heaven’s Base.  Once again, the Republic was forced to sit on the sidelines until the end of the war.

With the signing of the PEACE Treaty, a new lease on life was given to the Republic of East Asia.  It underwent a massive reconstruction effort and managed to rebuild most of the cities damaged or lost during the colony drop, albeit not to their original state.  It was during this time in which the Republic started somewhat cordial relationships with neutral and ZAFT-aligned nations by offering mutual support during the reconstruction process. 

Even though the Earth Alliance was reunited, the member nations were still wary of their supposed allies.  Because of this as well as the results of the past two wars, the Republic began to take a more proactive stance in their involvement in the Alliance.  Significant effort was taken to rigorously build up and train their military defense forces in order to attain equal standing with the two Federations.  The Republic continued to gain more influence during this time of peace and with the current Secretary-General, Hyun-Jin Ho.

Administration

The Republic of East Asia operates under a parliamentary democracy.  The executive leader is the Premier and delegates to a score of Cabinet members.  The government also contains a parliament, with approximately equal representation among the nation blocs and a judiciary.  While the general public votes for both members of the parliament and the Premier, the Premier appoints Cabinet members after approval from the Parliament.  This same process is done for appointing members for the Earth Alliance Council and for Secretary-General candidates.  The Premier can only take emergency powers in times of war and must be ready to relinquish them.  The creators of the government went back to old Chinese cultural references by tying the government officials with that of the Mandate of Heaven.  During rare occasions, the citizenry could rise up and call for the resignation of the Premier or other ranking officials.  This provides the incentive for the politicians to maintain a strong rapport with the people.

Military

While a significant portion of the Republic’s existing military is integrated into OMNI Enforcer, they still maintain a number of naval fleets, armies, and other military units for their own domestic defenses.  Given the new, proactive stance that the Republic took after the reconstruction process, they also have two space fleets stationed at the Riccus Lunar Support Base.  They also have several Independent Mobile Battalions that answer only to the Premier and the Republic’s central military command.

Capital: Beijing

Military Headquarters: Shanghai

Chief of State: Premier

Major Cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Kobe, Hiroshima, Yokohama, Osaka, Kyoto, Seoul, Hong Kong, Taipei, Kaohsiung, Guangzhou, Tibet, Macau

Edited by Guest

I did mention that possibility at the other thread. If I decide to work on more, I'll still focus on the EA Nations first.

Kaizer: I noticed that you posted slightly varied and brief descriptions for the EA nations.  I'd appreciate some feedback regarding this initial entry.

Topic: Still waiting for feedback/constructive criticism.

There looks to be little conflict between our two descriptions, save that yours was far more intuitive and thought out  .  I won't have much free time until after thursday this week, but after that, if you ever want to discuss these things, just send me a PM, or try and look for me online.

My descriptions are only meant to be brief ones to give a basic idea of what the particular forum encompasses, so something like your description is definitely needed for both the Republic, along with the other EA nations.  Like I said, I'll try and help if I can, even if its just in the data collecting department.

Kaizer: Yeah, I understood the purposes of your summaries.  I just mentioned what I did so we can avoid any inconsistencies.

Anyways, I suppose since the Republic's entry is up (thanks, Valiant!) I'll start working on the South African Union.  (which should be a little easier/shorter than the other three *crosses fingers*)  Then I'll tackle the two Federations. 

As mentioned before, suggestions and feedback is most welcome. 

Here we go...South African Union.

The South African Union is the weakest nation of the Earth Alliance. The only value it has to the Earth Alliance is the Victoria mass driver that it possess. The Union spans the territories of Southern Africa, Tanzania, Mozambique, Malawi, Madagascar, Democratic Republic of the Congo , Seychelles, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Because of its dependence on aid from the other nations of the Earth Alliance, the Union has yet to become a truly independent nation.

Capital: Cape Town

Military Headquarters: Antananarivo

Chief of State: President

Major Cities: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Windhoek, Lusaka, Lilongwe, Dar es Salaam, Harare, Victoria

History

In light of the civil wars that raged constantly across North Africa, many southern African nations united in order to provide a strong and stable nation-state.  This resulted in the formation of the South African Union.  However, the transition to a large nation-state was anything but smooth.  The unification did nothing to erase the graft and corruption that existed in the local governments. 

Many nations in the Union were already on the borderline state of poverty and the continued corruption did nothing to help the situation.  It was during the early years of the Union when they began to depend on aid from the three major powers on Earth: the Atlantic Federation, Eurasian Federation, and the Republic of East Asia.  The more the Union depended on foreign aid, the more transparent their power and influence were.  The Union made numerous concessions with little opposition to a variety of demands from the other nation-states, including the joint Eurasian Federation/South African Union construction of the vital Victoria mass driver. 

While the mass driver was a boon to the struggling Union economy, it further raised the Union’s dependence on the other terrestrial powers.  The govenrment turned a blind eye to various activities on their soil, such as the conscription of entire villages into forced labor for the contruction of military facilities.

With the formation of the Earth Alliance, the Union gave up more concessions by allowing OMNI Enforcer military units, especially those from the Atlantic Federation, to occupy bases and other key facilities across the Union.  The government welcomed these units because their own armies and constabulary forces were woefully ill-equpped to defend the Union from the growing Coordinator threat.  Also, they allowed the installment of an Atlantic Federation-appointed candidate to take the seat of the Presidency, due to the significant influence and aid the Atlantic Federation brought into the nation. 

But like the Republic of East Asia, the Union took a devastating blow in the loss of its own mass driver and spaceport.  With the loss of the Victoria spaceport, the Union essentially lost its value, so the Atlantic Federation pulled back their military support and left the Union to fend for itself.  Almost immediately afterwards, numerous dissenters and splinter groups rose up endangering what little stability the Union had left.  The Eurasian Federation, whether it was for actual humanitarian purposes or just to spite the Atlantic Federation, sent in military units, food, and supplies to keep the Union in one piece.  They also encouraged government officials to become more independent, rather than remain a lapdog of the Atlantic Federation. 

But with few reformists and moderates in the government, the Union continued to struggle throughout the first war and even into the second.  With the Junius 7 Colony Drop, the Union’s capital, Cape Town, was flooded like many other coastal cities throughout the world.  Even the Eurasian Federation pulled back some of their units to assist their homeland.  The state of poverty plus the chaos following the colony drop once again endangered the integrity of the Union.  It continued to struggle until the signing of the PEACE Treaty. 

As aid from the Eurasian Federation, Republic of East Asia, and sympathizers from the Atlantic Federation flowed in, the reformists in the Union government managed to gain influence and began to rebuild their ragged nation.  But the government has a long road ahead of them if they are to assert themselves as a truly independent nation of the Earth Alliance.

Adminstration

The South African Union operates under a Republic, in which citizens vote for representatives, which in turn, will vote on legislation and the appointment of executive officials.  However, with the significant corruption within the government, it isn’t surprising that the citizens tend to distrust their government.  Reformists are attempting to rectify this issue, but it’s clear that this process will take some time

Military

The Union’s military comprises mainly of local defense forces that are meant to safeguard the security of each of the Union’s nation blocs.  While some citizens enlist in OMNI Enforcer, the Union does not have any formal military units.  It is entirely dependent on military units sent in from other nations in the Earth Alliance.

Next up...the Eurasia Federation and then the Atlantic...hoo boy...

And yes, the usual feedback/suggestions welcomed.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

Eurasian Federation

(I'll add this to the Compendium after I get a little feedback)

The Eurasian Federation is the second largest and powerful nation in the Earth Alliance. Its territory spans those of the Europe (excluding Great Britain, Ireland and the Scandinavian Peninsula), the Russian Federation and the Middle East. The Eurasian Federation resents its inferior position to the Atlantic Federation, its long time rival. Although the Federations are allied against PLANT, their animosity simmers and it hinders their ability to work well with each other. The Eurasian Federation is lead by the Chancellor. Berlin is the capital city of the Federation and its military headquarter is located in the Moscow Kremlin.

Capital: Berlin

Military Headquarters: Moscow Kremlin

Chief of State: Chancellor

Major Cities: Berlin, Moscow, Paris, Rome, Madrid, Brussels, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Athens, Lisbon, Warsaw, Prague, Baghdad, Istanbul, Tehran, Riyadh, Astana, Kabul, Vladivostok

History

As a descendent of the European Union, the Eurasian Federation is the oldest modern union of nations.  While the EU was formed as a collaboration with European nations in order to prevent another World War, the Federation was a significant expansion.  The initial formation of the Federation began when the European Union and the Russian Federation united in response to the formation of the Atlantic Federation.  While the transition with former enemies was anything but smooth, the military assets, natural resources, technological know-how, and manpower of the Russian Federation greatly boosted the already strong technological and economic strengths of the Union.  Later, the Eurasian Federation moved in and declared the Middle-East a ‘Federated Occupation Zone’ with the justification that the centuries-old unstable region was a threat to the Federation and other neighboring nations, especially after the vicious Islamic Civil Strife, which was a region-wide conflict between fundamentalist and extremist Muslims.  With the Mid-East under control by the Federation, they could begin to conslidate their resources

The initial rivalry the Eurasian Federation and the Atlantic Federation could be attributed to the political and economic competition between the old EU and the former United States of America.  However, this particular rivalry was good-natured and encouraged both sides of the Atlantic Ocean to improve their economic strengths and technological innovations.  However, the Eurasian Federation began to feel threatened at the Atlantic Federation’s massive growth after its formation.  Their relationship turned hostile, resulting in the implementation of numerous trade restrictions against each other at the expense of their exporting industries.  The hostilities nearly ended up as a true shooting war, but luckily moderates from both Federations and intervention by the United Nations managed to broker for peace and removed all of the trade restrictions.  But both Federations still remained wary of each other and their rivalry continued in conjunction with such accomplishments like the Gibraltar mass driver.

Prior to the formation of the Earth Alliance, the Federation learns about the early stages of development for mobile weapons by the Atlantic Federation.  The Eurasian Federation quickly follows suit, as they started their own research and development into mobile weapons and other weapons technologies. 

With the onset of the First Valentine War, the Eurasian Federation reluctantly joined the Earth Alliance; as they ended up as allies with the Atlantic Federation.  Then after the Junius Seven massacre, many Eurasian Federation citizens were horrified at the attack and several moderates began to question their uneasy alliance with the radically anti-Coordinator Atlantic Federation.  But the Federation had other things to worry about with the onset of ZAFT’s Operation Uroboros.  The government struggled to recover after the deployment of Neutron Jammers, but by the time they did, hundreds of thousands of people perished in the ensuing chaos due to the deprivation of nuclear energy. 

Then ZAFT forces moved some of their naval assets to the Mediterranean where they battled against the EF’s Mediterranean fleet.  However, the Federation’s fleet were surprised at the strength of the ZAFT’s seabound fleet and lost at the Battle of Casablanca.  This was followed by yet another loss as the Eurasian Federation’s vaunted Linear tank corps were routed by Andrew Waltfeld at the Battle of Suez.  The Federation was forced to pull back some of their forces at other locations on Earth to reinforce their local defenses, given that ZAFT could press in from both the Middle East and the Mediterranean.

Realizing the potentially immense cost of the war for all sides, the Federation began to take the stance of ending the war as soon as possible, rather than pursue a crusade of total extermination of Coordinators, unlike the Atlantic Federation.  This was especially true since the Federation already was accepting of Coordinators long before the start of the war.  It was around this time when the Federation began to deploy some of their new, key technologies, such as the Lightwave Barrier used for their Artemis station and with the Hyperion series of mobile suits to follow later on.  However, they did not fare well for the rest of the war starting with the destruction of the Artemis station by ZAFT.  This particular defeat was ironic given the fact that ZAFT utilized the stolen Atlantic Federation’s GAT-X series of mobile suits to destroy the station. 

Later, the Earth Alliance shifted some of its military assets around.  Part of this shift involved putting the main Eurasian Fleet and personnel to the defense of the JOSH-A Alaskan base, the central Earth alliance Headquarters.  Though suspicious, the Federation accepted the prestigious post.  But it became apparent after both Eurasian and ZAFT forces were wiped out by the Cyclops system installed below JOSH-A that the move was meant to consolidate the Atlantic Federation’s power, backed by blue Cosmos.  Appalled at the act but helpless due to the immense loss, the Eurasian Federation had no choice but to step back from the war to use what remaining forces they had left to defend themselves. 

After the war, the Federation focused on reconstruction.  They also began to make overtures to their other allies, such as the Republic of East Asia and the South African Union, hoping to gain more influence among the Alliance.  These efforts were rendered moot after the Junius 7 colony drop and the chaos that followed.  As they reeled from the damage taken, including the complete destruction of several cities, they reluctantly cooperated with the Atlantic Federation once more, but discontent over that decision rose among the Federation’s population.   

With the ongoing battles across space and from Suez to Gibraltar, the integrity of the Eurasian Federation began to break down.  Finally, several countries in Western Eurasia seceded from the Federation, including former Germany, which contained the Federation’s capital of Berlin.  After the secession, they allied with ZAFT, who immediately sent in military support to ward off any Alliance reprisals.  However, this support was insufficient against the overwhelming response as the Alliance used the massive mobile armor GFAS-X1 Destroy to literally raze several major cities in the seceded Eurasian sectors. 

Even the lingering pro-Alliance sectors of the Eurasian Federation were appalled at the devastation wrought by the powerful war-machine.  After the destruction of the Destroy, pro-Alliance factions sent in relief and opened negotiations to reunite the Federation.  The reunification effort was accelerated after the revelation of LOGOS.  The entire Eurasian Federation broke off from the Earth Alliance and government officials persecuted LOGOS members and allowed the angry populace to hand their own ‘verdict’.

This was followed by the full cooperation of the Eurasian Federation’s fleets in Operation Ragnarok, as they joined a coalition of ZAFT and EA forces against LOGOS.  But with the sudden deployment of five Destroy units, a significant number of Earth Alliance vessels from all nations, including the Eurasian Federation, were wiped out in seconds.  With the bulk of its terrestrial forces wiped out, they were forced to sit on the sidelines until the signing of the PEACE Treaty. 

While the Federation was unhappy that ZAFT got to keep the Gibraltar base, they conceded in the hope for a lasting peace.  The early post-war years focused on reparations and reparations to the cities devastated by both the Junius 7 colony drop and the Destroy’s raze.  Also, proactive talks between the European nations and the Middle East began, resulting in reforms such as the removal of the ‘Occupation Zone’ title and policies that would prevent oppression of the local people.  Afterwards, by the late CE70s into the early 80s, the Federation resumed its focus on technological innovation in both civilian and military applications.  With this renewed fervor and the absence of support of outside organizations to the Atlantic Federation, the Eurasian Federation hopes to finally reach equal standings with their longtime rival. 

Administration

Individual nations are run by their own individual governments, most of which are some form of democracy.  Each leader is part of the Eurasian Federation Council, which serves as the central government.  The Council selects several candidates, which in turn participate in elections.  Whoever is chosen becomes Chancellor of the Eurasian Federation.  The Chancellor is also the head of the Council as well.  Because of this system of ‘governments within a government,’ Chancellors are never elected in the same period of time as local government elections.  While the European nations, including Russia, held the most influence before and during the two Valentine Wars, reforms were made to provide significantly more equal representation for its Middle East member states as well.

Military

The Eurasian Federation has significant military assets on Earth and in Space.  With both seabound and space-based fleets, the Federation’s numbers equal that of the Atlantic Federation.  With the reconstructed New Artemis station, equipped with an improved Lightwave Barrier system and enhanced sensors, they created a strong presence out in space once more.  While it originally had its famed linear tank corps, the introduction of mobile suits forced the Eurasian Federation into manufacturing and integrating the suits into the military.  Rumors have risen regarding the additional retrofitting of mobile suits with unique Federation technologies, but none of these rumors have been proven. 

Edited by Guest

Hmmm, not bad, not bad - almost all info is canonical, so it can't be argued)) Altough I have very plain suggestion about pre-Valentine period (I'd even say almost Reconstruction War period) - you wrote about EF as next form of EU (and that's right, I suppose). But how Russia and, even more interesting, Mid-East lands ended up in it, assuming their relationship with Europe? (Arabians don't love Europeans, Europeans think about Russians as barbaric nation, Russians love idea of "Empire from Atlantic till Pacific" (altough not all of them learned in school geography to know that Russia already spans that far))))   

Edited by Guest

That's a good point I was considering while going through all that.  For the other entries, I wasn't too specific regarding the unification efforts though I tried my best to make it plausible.  (e.g. Republic of East Asia with its initial East vs. West mentality that spurred its formation and the South African Union as a blanket of security from unstable sub-Saharan/Saharan countries)

I'll take a look and probably will expand upon that point soon, but as I mentioned before, I don't want to get way into the specifics.

(Thanks for the feedback. )

I like it as well but a thought darkpheonix, the middle east region has been a sort of conquest target by Russian and the European countries(mainly France and England) for a while, its possible that during the wars that they were taken over again by these powers.  It may not necessarily been a willing addition to the Eurasian Federation.

Well, from Destiny we can understand, that middle-east region was more like occupation zone for Eurasian Federation that full-right part, but how about tension between West and North ? I remember, that destruction of Berlin raised many questions about how really was governed EF - and if you think about it more, isn't Destroy was transported through Russian territory? I just doubt that Russians or Europeans could peacefully make such union...

I cannot even imagine, what thing could force them to unite, 'cause we talk about time when PLANT wasn't even in plans, so no "threat from space"... And I doubt, that Atlantic Federation was so frightening for EU to unite with Russia ((stereotype:"Russian=barbar with balalaika, vodka and ushanka")). I mean, that Europe rather allied itself with Atlantic Federation, than with Russia.

As for  "one who holds all the economic, military strength" - both sides has enough power to be undependable from other. Be it industrial Europe or gigantic and rich on resources Russia.

.>" title="" />

While you guys are raising interesting points, I personally don't think that we need to go so in depth regarding the EF.  I was intending to state the basic details of the History behind the EF, not write an entire textbook off of it. 

From what I've read, the EF's council is predominantly run by the western European nations, which seem to prove the rather subordinate status of both Russia and the Mid-East.  Meh...still need to make the modifications...

Hmmmm, then , sorry, WhyTF military HQ of EF resides in Moscow's Kremlin?...And why most of states, that tried to separate from EF during Destiny was western (Germany for example)? And why we hear "Yanoslaf" in SEED in Battle for JOSH-A? ((it's not big difference from "Jaroslav", russian name))

I mean, Europe doesn't have that many problems with Americans as it have Russians. From that point of view, "bad relations between AF and EF" sounds kinda...impossible.

Oh, and where you read about about EF council? I didn't read that from sources that I know, so I'm very interested in it.

@Source: Now that I check on it...I don't know where I read it from.  (can't access Gundamofficial for some damn reason either.)

@topic: Okay, calm down there.  To answer all of your questions:  I. Don't. Know.

I wasn't the one that created this seemingly politically infeasible union of nations; the guys who laid out the Cosmic Era universe did. 

One point at a time:

@Kremlin: Iono, that was something Valiant set up for the initial summary for the Eurasian Federation.

@Separation: Yes, while Germany was one of the states that tried to separate, we had no other indication of which other Western European nations also tried to do the same.  (Though it was already implied that several other smaller cities were equally razed by EA's retaliation.)

@Names: Ask the producers.

@Relations:  I used the premise of a friendly rivalry between the AF (former U.S.) and the EU is a basis that would eventually lead to the bad relations.  However, one point I did not mention as a possibility was that Blue Cosmos/LOGOS could have been the ones responsible for escalating the rivalry to such a hostile level.  (Considering that I was only looking at it from the EF's perspective)

@Russia:  Its relations with the other European countries were actually quite cordial during the mid to latter part of the 90's.  This was before Putin and the rest of the government assumed further power, re-creating an anti-Western mentality;  I attended a lecture by Putin's former economic advisor, Andrei Illarionov, who discussed this reverse transition.  So it's not quite so infeasible to have a full union of European nations in this regard.

Edited by Guest

Well, you right about fault of creators of CE - they just didn't gave us enough info about EF to start with))

As about anti-Western mentality -- hmmmm, I live here my whole life and I can say - Russians don't love, when someone tries to take their independence from them - we already know, what means "300 years of slavery". So whole "re-creating of anti-Western mentality" is, sorry, bulls**t. This is reaction on ANY pressure from outside. Well, from that point of view fussion of RF and EU doesn't seem impossible (heh).

Well, this will not get us anywhere. This is my suggestion -

"Originally EF was formed by fussion of Russian Federation *(from where federation system goes - just my opinion)* and European Union. Military strength and resources of Russia plus scientific and industrial poverty of EU proved to be great sucess in conflict with Middle-East nations. After it whole Middle East was occupation zone of EF, and eventually became just part of EF."

Of course, this sentence sounds not very good (as my self-taught English)), but I think you get idea.

And this could solve most of problems, that raised early (I hope))) (Kremlin, Yanoslaf etc.) How do you think?

PS - I like idea about Blue Cosmos as I don't think that BC could get many supporters in such multi-nationally places as Europe or Russia. And maybe you should add about how Old World (Europe) despised New World (America) plus "old hatred" of Russians and Americans - this could add reality in rivalry between EF and AF))

Edited by Guest

(For the record, that transition back to anti-Western sentiments [by the government] was discussed by the above-mentioned Illiarnov, who wasn't an 'outsider.'  Please remain calm and objective about this.  I personally have no strong opinions one way or another.  And yes, this is not getting us anywhere.)

@Russia/EU addendum:  Okay, now that I can work with, especially since I'll be removing the above-mentioned part about the Western Euro majority in the council in the potential CC entry.

@Middle-East (since I didn't bother finish it in my previous post): One of the main tensions right now, other than the anti-Western mentality, or the Israeli/Palestinian conflict (which I won't touch with a 10ft pole), is the implied 'conflict' between fundamentalist and extremist Muslims.  This could tie in with your suggestion which could indicate some future full-blown conflict which would require 'intervention' from the Eurasian powers.  It's just something I thought about when you and carpeno brought up this discussion in the first place.