Sign in to follow this  
Kaizer

Earth Alliance event V2

Which would you prefer for an EA event?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer for an EA event?

• Paintball (Schatten Dolch vs Specials)
    • Public Air show (NPC pilots)

Okay, as promised, here's the poll for the EA event.  The idea's simple enough, just pick the event that appeals most to you, the one with the most votes by the end of the week wins (and for the sake of keeping things even, Neko-Kyra's runway show is not on the ballot  ).

My vote shall remain anonymous until the others have voted, namely cause I haven't decided yet 

Well, it looks to be a landslide vote towards the paintball event, so I'll set up a date for that as soon as I can finish the schatten dolch scenario.  Any thoughts and opinions you have for the event can be posted here.

This should be an amusing event. Where's Konig!? Still up for that challenge? I'm afraid Gunther would completely maul Kyle (if not scare him) in the gunfight, though.

Ironically enough, I cannot imagine my Kyle Ashford to be excited about things like this...

thats why we make sure that Lune drags him onto the field, kicking and screaming if need be 

I'm giving up perfectly good Neko-Kyra for this, so I'll be sure to have Kyle fight for his life

I know that they have mini guns for paintballs but it would probably be harder to make a decent rifle for a paintball given the size of the projectile.

There are rifle upgrades and attachments that you can get for paintball guns that pretty much make them into sniper rifles, but most paintball games (especially the competitive kind you see on tv) is close range fighting for the most part, so you don't really have the room to use a sniper rifle effectively; and as the others said, its harder to make an effective one without having an obscenely powerful gun, and most high powered guns are devoted to high firing rates rather than distance traveled and pure velocity.

check out some of the online sites for info on actual guns, tippman is a good brand to begin with, as they have tons of accessories for those who want to have a stylized marker (correct term for a paintball gun is a marker, guns shoot bullets, markers shoot paint ).  And no, I'm not a paintball enthusiast, I just happen to have a brother who is 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Kaizer
      Okay, so it's been a little while, and since it's a new school year for me, it means I gotta keep myself busy in one way or another, or I'll have no will to pay attention in class ; that means I'm doing a little spring cleaning in the EA HQ, and I'll be adding some long overdue updates to the Compendium and Colliseum boards.  First on my list of things to do, start up the Active Check thread .

Here's the new layout for the Active Check, since the addition of nation leaders has given me a reason to edit check-in process:  Post your character(s) names, their accompanying ranks within the EA, whether they're an NPC or not, and their nation of allegiance (Atlantic, Eurasian, East Asian, etc...).  As an example:

Lieutenant Lune Zoldark , Atlantic Federation
      Vice Admiral Bian Zoldark (NPC), Atlantic Federation
      Crewman Recruit Kyra Relm (NPC), Atlantic Federation

It's just that simple folks 
    • By winders
      Will teams be formed to organize the EA?
    • By GraceJP
      Okay, so I came up with the idea of trying to create a logo for the 87th Special Forces squadron, so I'm posting up some ideas that I came up with. They don't have any text on them, but depending on the feedback I get, I might add some later.

To make the images I combined various dingbat symbols I found on the internet, and came up with some pretty interesting things. Any 87ths can share their opinions on the designs, and then we will have a vote at a later date.

So critique away!!

Tell me what you think!
    • By Kaizer
      Konig and I have started up a new thread in the Eurasian Federation boards, named Action and Reaction.  All earth alliance members are welcome, preferably those who have their basic pilot's licenses.  This could be a good way for earth alliance members to meet and RP with members from a different squadron, as well as give a good reason to start RP'ing again in general. 

Also, as always, I encourage people to post in the EA headquarters more often.  We don't want the other factions to be plotting too far ahead of us, now do we? .
    • By konigstiger
      [align=center]O.M.N.I. Enforcer[/align]
      [align=center]87th Special Forces Regiment[/align]
      [move]Your Most Powerful Weapon is Your Mind[/move]

Special Forces Soldiers possess boundless ideas and creativity and always thinks of new ways to organize and strategies. The Earth Alliances' Special Forces make up a unique, unconventional, combat arms organization. Highly trained and seasoned professionals— they are the most versatile Special Operations soldiers in the world. Warfare has new rules and calls for a different type of Soldier—a new warrior.

Their missions often require rapid and discrete responses to unique situations throughout the world.  As the Global Scouts for the OMNI Enforcer, Special Forces_ ubiquitous presence generally guarantees that Special Forces is the first on the ground or already at a crisis location as trouble emerges. For this reason they are experts in unilateral direct action operations and unconventional warfare, as well as having thorough knowledge of foreign languages, customs and cultures.  In addition, they are masters of training and organizing insurgents, surrogate fighters, indigenous forces and foreign militaries in support of Earth Alliance objectives.

Special Forces team members work closely together and rely on each other for long periods of time, both during deployments and in garrison.  Because of this, they develop close relationships and personal ties which foster a team cohesion and esprit de corps.

They are mentally superior and creative, highly trained and physically tough. Alone and part of a team, they work in diverse conditions, act as a diplomat, get the job done in hostile situations and, at times, establish residence in a foreign country or terrestrial establishments.

These Soldiers are part of the OMNI Enforcers Special Forces (OESF)—the Earth Alliances' most specialized experts in Terrorism/Counter-Terrorism, Direct Action Operations, Internal Defense, Special Intelligence and Reconnaissance, and Unconventional Warfare.

Primary Mission:
      [align=center]Terrorism / Counter - Terrorism[/align]

Special Forces are often deployed to preclude, preempt and resolve terrorist incidents. They prevent, deter and respond to terrorist activities and train other EA nations' military in the basics of fighting terrorism. One of the main goals of the Counter Terrorism exercise is to thwart terrorist uprisings or cells from forming and relentlessly hunting down terrorist organizations to extinction.

But also in some means, Special Forces also conduct Terrorism acts. Such unlawful doing would only be used upon ordered by the highest authority of the OMNI Enforcer. Upon given the order, Special Forces will conduct various types of Terrorism in their knowledge such as Propaganda of the Deed, Agro, Bio, Cyber, Eco, and Nuclear Terrorism. And also using acts of Hijacking, Kidnapping, Hostage Taking, Murder, Bombing and Assassination.

[align=center]Direct Action Operations[/align]
      [move]The Element of Surprise: The Special Forces Deadly Weapon[/move]

Direct Action missions are short duration strikes that are used when Special Forces want to seize, capture, recover or destroy enemy weapons and information or recover designated personnel or material.

In many instances, Special Forces are in and out before the enemy has time to know what hit them. Many of these actions are quick-strike missions, usually involving a raid or ambush of an enemy camp.

Often, Special Forces use Direct Action to remove an enemy who is gaining power and influence in another nation. Other times it is used to protect EA nationals or Soldiers being held in foreign countries whom are deemed as enemies.

[align=center]Internal Defense[/align]

When a nation needs to purge lawlessness or protect itself from rogue nations, Special Forces’ tactics are put to use. But campaigns are also employed during times of peace to help nations prepare for unwanted or unwarranted attacks by enemies.

Special Forces organize, assist and train the military and national defense forces of EA nations. Those governments can use the tactics to protect their citizens from aggressors.

Not do they train and assist other armies of the Earth Alliance but also track and block out agents or insurgencies from procuring classified data from EA nations.

[align=center]Special Intelligence and Reconnaissance[/align]
      [move]Going Behind Enemy Lines Without Detection[/move]

Oftentimes, before the Earth Alliance makes a strategic strike against an adversary, Special Forces are sent behind enemy lines to run Special Reconnaissance missions—covert, fact-finding operations to uncover information about the enemy.

These intelligence-gathering activities monitor as much about the enemy’s movement and operations as possible and are considered by many to be the most important Special Forces mission.

Special Forces teams survey enemy bases, machinery and weapons and send back the information to their commanders in order to best prepare for a strike.

Special Reconnaissance missions generally take place before any movement by our military. Without that vital information, EA Soldiers might be caught off guard and unprepared when entering enemy territory.

Not only does this involve in battlefield situations but also in enemy controlled establishments. Gathering information and procuring vital data from this establishments may also have the answers to what might the enemy do or what they are hiding away from Earth Alliance.

[align=center]Unconventional Warfare[/align]

Special Forces have long employed the use of Unconventional Warfare , a.k.a. guerilla warfare, to train forces in enemy-held or controlled territory. Unlike Direct Action, which is generally a quick campaign, UW can last even longer.

UW missions give the EA Forces time to enter a country covertly and build relationships with local militia or natives, who are taught a variety of tactics including subversion, sabotage, intelligence collection and unconventional assisted recovery, which can be employed against the enemy.

By using UW training, the EA can possibly prevent larger conventional attacks. And because of deep roots set up by UW missions, other Special Forces tactics, like Direct Action or Special Reconnaissance, can be launched quickly and seamlessly.

The Elite Members of the 87th Special Forces Regiment:
      [align=center]Hell Hounds[/align]

Ensign Ernst Gunther Koenig
      Ensign Linite Estral
      Crewman 1st class Johnathon McDowell Locke
      Crewman 2nd class Alexei Woroschzow
      Crewman 2nd class Seth Jedan
      Crewman 2nd class Yuri Crevecoeur
      Crewman Recruit William Asher