Current anime season

kct

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finished it up to episode 23, and boy was it a blast so far. There have been quite a few rumors flying left, right and centre about the last two episodes especially after that shocking episode. I do believe it is confirmed that there will be a second season, just don't know when and what will be happening. Correction: You never know what's going to happen in Code Geass.

Code Geass...It just "should see". Even though as G***** fan I saw many references (well, that's Sunrise for ya), it was just OMG-great!)) But - 23 episode not last even for first season, and there will be second season (heh, as I always say - mecha + Sunrise = 50 episodes)). And, yes, I'm Geass addict (look at my avatar - second part - main character from Geass (and Rau there not by coincidence))))

No worries. darkphoenix certainly didn't spoil anything significant. In any case, do watch it with an open mind, and let not our opinions influence yours too much.

Anyone knows anything about School Days or Zero no Tsukaima second season? Heard they were coming out this...Spring, I think.

School Days seems to be eagerly awaited by the few online communities I pay attention too. The male lead from the game is widely heralded as one of the most pathetic male leads ever, but given the amount of attention and praise I've heard, I certainly intend to at least give it a try. I highly doubt they'll put in one of the infamous bad endings, although you never know. It seems to be airing really late at night (if I'm doing my time zone conversions right), so it's not like it's prime time.

Zero no Tsukaima... I actually had a question on that myself. It *looks* interesting enough, so I might want to watch it. Problem is, I never saw the first one. Second season or not, does anyone have any input on whether or not it's worth the time to marathon the first season or if I'd be better off catching up on my massive sola/RxJ/Bokurano backlog?

Personally I would ask you to 'go for it', because despite a few discrepancies, ZnT is highly entertaining and the chemistry between Hino Satoshi and Kugimiya Rie is pretty good as well (probably from Shakugan no Shana). Note that the male lead (Saito) would probably be described as 'worlds apart' from protagonists like Shinji Ikari, Manaka Junpei or even the male protagonist from School Days whose name I don't even know yet.

• 1 month later...

God, don't mention that fag of Makoto from School Days.

Speaking of CG, I would probably never get to watching it, I just could not stand Lelouch waving that cape of his as Zero .>" title="" /> .

*gasp* Code Geass! I nearly forgot! Thanks for the reminder, FAITH. Wouldn't miss that for the world.

On another note: The new anime season!

Currently watching: Zero no Tsukaima Season Two (FAITH, I cannot thank you enough for recommending I watch the first one. )

Doujin Work

Code-E

School Days (when I get around to it)

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (same as above)

Sky Girls

Anyone watching Seirei no Morbito?

You'll like it if you enjoy the medieval fantasy genre. It's one of the few good anime series I've seen of late. I don't recommend anime often so it must be special, at least to me. =P

Or perhaps I'm biased because L'arc~en~Ciel sang the opening song.

Watch it and judge for yourself

Seirei is a little underrated; I haven't watched it myself since my computer doesn't have the capacity to take ALL the anime I'm downloading now.

@ kct: It's all in the name of theatrics. Obviously Lelouch has a good drama flair. There isn't really a character I can't absolutely stand, the closest probably being Suzaku and Nina.

@ DD: You are most welcome. Hope it was quite the piece of entertainment for you.

Claymore is another good recommendation. The story now is going along quite nicely as opposed to the beginning. Mushi Uta has an interesting premise, but it's only episode 1 I've watched so far, so I'll be crossing my fingers.

• 2 months later...

Currently watching........ nothing *le gasp* 

Haven't had much time to watch anime recently, so there's not much I've seen recently.  I saw the first few episodes of ZnT second season, but I stopped once classes started again.  FAITH and DragonDaimyo are right in saying that ZnT is worth watching though, both first and second season (though you won't understand much if you miss the first season, plus its hilarious to boot ).  Right now, I guess I'd have more of a 'to do' list for animes I need to see:

-Zero no Tsukaima, Second Season

-Claymore

-Shakugan no Shana, Second Season (it should be coming out this fall )

Well, the long awaited Fall is coming, so I'll be catching Shakugan no Shana Second, Clannad and Gundam 00. There's an anime: Rental Magica which caught my eye, though, with one noteworthy thing being that the seiyuu is the same for Lelouch in Code Geass, and the protagonist's powers have something to do with an eye.

Well, CLANNAD and Shakugan no Shana Second are out. Those two are practically THE reason why I sit in front of the computer, wishing that the downloads would go faster.

In other cases, Dragonaut seems promising, in case anyone wants a mecha fix other than Gundam 00 which airs on Saturday in Japan.

And (Just have to say this) those were really great OP themes from CLANNAD and Shakugan.