Current anime season

kct

I like Heroic Age... Its kinda like Gundam SEED but not made by the same creators of it... The characters look somewhat similar and theres 3 eps subbed in english.... Its about 3 tribes that were called... The Silver Bronze and Heroic. The Heroic tribe started a war. There were 5 survivors... They were punished by the "Gods" of the anime and sent to weaker tribes. So they could feel what it was to be weak...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently watching (in no particular order):

sola

Tengen Toppan Gurren "GATTAI DA!!!" Lagann

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

Kaze no Stigma

Heroic Age

Koutetsushin Jeeg

And some others...

Speaking of censors, the local airing of Shana was surprisingly left uncensored and undubbed (subbed instead).

Edited by Guest

D.Grayman is rather decent, save for it's inconsistency in producing either terrible or quality material every episode.

I'm sticking with Claymore for a while now, and definitely with StrikerS, sola, Heroic Age, Hayate no Gotoku and Romeo X Juliet. Don't let the last one fool you: The adaptation is close enough to the original for people to make a few references back to it but dissimilar to it in a sufficient manner such that it brings a refreshing approach to the concept of the tragic love story.

Dragon's Current list:

Romeo X Juliet

Bokurano

Lucky Star (FTW!! )

Nagasarete Airantou

Hayate the Combat Butler

Idolmaster Xenoglossia

Those are the big ones right now. A nice mix of comedy and serious (and quite possibly depression with those first two). I'm watching a few others as well, but I'm probably gonna drop them here in the next couple weeks.

R x J is surprisingly good, considering that all in all it's a GONZO anime. They probably make that a big budget anime (while having KnS as a lower budget anime).

sola is being very interesting with the Tsukihime-ish premise, and Mamiko Noto really shines here in a role (as Matsuri) other than the Nodoka-types (truth to be told, I never liked her role as the Nodoka-types).

IDOLM@STER tried to be good, unfortunately the biggest problem it suffers is the competition from the other mecha-based animes. Has it aired last season, it would receive better reception.

Nagasarete Airantou is made of lulz.

Hayate the Combat Butler is made of references and more lulz.

Lucky Star...I don't know.

Edited by Guest

Kaibutsu Oujo is out already...? That's what spending one week in an army camp can do to my updates on the latest...''

I thought it was a pretty nice change for Mamiko Noto to do a character like Matsuri, because it almost seemed as though people would prefer to stereotype her as a VA being capable of doing roles of soft-spoken characters like Nodoka or Yakumo.

Currently watching:

-Vision of Escaflowne

-Onegai Twins

-Naruto Shippuden

I have to say that I've been pleased with the new Naruto series so far (watched up to episode 5), as I like how all the characters have been developing thus far.  Still not close to being my favorite series, but it does have its moments 

I'm also thinking of watching Shana, namely cause one of my friends keeps talking about it almost as much as I talk about Fate/Stay Night 

Heh, not much since my lack of TV... I'm ristricted to very few channels and programs.

As for animes over the net and on my comp... I'm pretty much watching everything Ive got at the moment..

Gundam Wing

GW: Endless Waltz

Gundam Seed

Gundam Seed Destiny

Gundam Seed Stargazer

.hack//sign

Macross plus

Sonic X (JAP ONLY)

Full Metal Alchemist

Tsubasa Chronicles

Hellsing

@FAITH: Kaibutsu Oujo aired on the 13 of this month. It's kinda different from the manga though.

@DarkNoise: I've been re-watching Wing too, though I'm now realizing the reason why I havent re-watched it since '99. One Word. . . Relena. If I hear her yell, "HEERO!!!" one more frickin' time I'm gonna shoot myself.

Edited by Guest

Following just a handful here...

Hayate the Combat Butler

Tengen Toppan Gurren-Lagann

Darker Than Black

Yakitate! Japan

Martian Successor Nadesico (struggling with the ADV dub)

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

I'm pretty satisfied with this right now, save for having to put up with Kugimiya in full tsundere again.

On an unrelated yet hilarious note, I somehow ended up getting the first episode of Darker than Black in Spanish with my noob torrent skills. I couldn't keep up with it at all!

El es un contractor!

Hahaha. I had an identical experience while watching Bokurano's first two episodes because it wasn't really my sort of thing. I thought it was slow and I couldn't really love the protagonists, but I was kinda interested when

Zearth's current pilot suddenly died. So it got me thinking; Kokopelli vanished after piloting Zearth, and the kid died after piloting it, too. So the remaining 13 gets picked off one by one?

In any case, I'm interested, but I think I'll be relying on spoilers to see what happens. (not reading the manga either!)

I'm also thinking of watching Shana, namely cause one of my friends keeps talking about it almost as much as I talk about Fate/Stay Night 

Oh, I HIGHLY recommend it too. It has it's dull moments once in a while, but overall it's highly entertaining with a lion's share of action, character development and humor.

Anyone watching Shining Tears X Wind, or at least trying it out? I want to hear a different opinion (if any) around here. Personally I felt it simply didn't have the impact sola or even Kaze no Stigma had on me. Hopefully past episode 3 it will be little more than the generic fantasy anime I'm seeing so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks? 

Someone else on another forum recommended it (along with Gurren-Lagann) and I'm thankful he did.  And yeah, it's good all-around.  (some of the anime references made in the show were full of win as well)

Though it's a bit disturbing how Nagasumi still gets all gaa-gaa over Masa-san. .>" title="" />