Current anime season

kct

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone's looking for a good mecha series (thus far) this fall, I would recommend Code Geass. Another Sunrise production, but the art is certainly nowhere near Gundam Seed's. The plot, though, is good so far and has kept me really hooked just waiting for the next episode.

mhmmm a lil of Death Note

and weekly OLYNSSIS!!

woot,

the story's got a big twist coming I can smell it O__O and its mysterious, and well written

moreover!!

HISASHI's drawingem! what could be better <33

Unfortunately, I know nuts about Japanese, so I can't even watch Olynssis's RAWs...

Aside from Code Geass and Death Note as well as Kanon (Wouldn't miss it for the world)...

For action lovers:

-Busou Renkin

-D.Grayman

For humor and romance:

Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na

Tokimeki Memorial~ Only Love

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

Cheers.

Death Note's pretty good so far. It has met the expectations (if not, exceeded) of most viewers, I presume. Episode 5 aired in Japan, by the way, and it only shows just how much of a genius Light really is.

Maybe we should make a different thread for the various popular animes this fall...

I get what you mean. It's a little hard to differentiate, after all, since (1) Some (most) of us are too lazy to start another thread regarding anime in general and (2) AD's supposed to have RP-ing as the main theme, so I guess people don't really take notice of the title of the thread sometimes...

• 2 weeks later...

Thread Necromancy!!!

One series this season hasn't gotten enough praise in this thread, mainly because it started late: Soukou no Strain!!

Yet another Mecha anime, this one, however, looks pretty promising thus far. The mecha are CG like in the Super Robot Wars anime, but this series just looks better IMO. First episode is pretty darn depressing, though. I've heard the guy directing this series has a habit of putting his main characters though the ringer and that certainly holds here. Nevertheless, it's a really good show so far. Crossing my fingers for a good showing and a second season.

After going through and finally seeing most of the shows for this season, my Top 3 is the following:

1.) Death Note

2.) Negima?!

3.) Soukou no Strain

Thread Necromancy!!!

One series this season hasn't gotten enough praise in this thread, mainly because it started late: Soukou no Strain!!

Yet another Mecha anime, this one, however, looks pretty promising thus far. The mecha are CG like in the Super Robot Wars anime, but this series just looks better IMO. First episode is pretty darn depressing, though. I've heard the guy directing this series has a habit of putting his main characters though the ringer and that certainly holds here. Nevertheless, it's a really good show so far. Crossing my fingers for a good showing and a second season.

Tell me the director isn't Tomino...It's going to get more depressing if it is him, though I don't mind another 'kill 'em all', but it does get depressing sometimes.

I've just started watching Soukou no Strain, and so far I guess I would say I'm satisfied, but not blown away. It looks pretty good after 2 episodes, so I guess I'll be catching this one.

That being said, the ones I would truly and unfailingly follow are the following, the top being the ones I believe are the best this fall...so far.

1) Code Geass/Death Note

2) Kanon 2006

3) D.Grayman

4) Negima?!/Night Head Genesis

5) Tokimeki Memorial~ Only Love

6) Pumpkin Scissors/Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

Plenty, I know....But it's always fun to have a mix of seriousness and humor as well as action and romance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...