Current anime season

kct

There never is anything major released on British shores save Naruto and Avatar, though for the life of I cannot get into Avatar and I'm always at work when Naruto is shown.  I've just made a few orders and am waiting for a few DVDs to arrive at my doorstep (Excel Saga & Last Exile), and I've just finished watching Gundam Seed Destiny (Not as good as GS - In my opinion), Chobits & rahXephon (Seriously under-rated in what is a great series).  Apart from the classics gotta say my most prized animes that I've imported are Gantz, the Twelve Kingdoms and Elfen Lied.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't seem like many people are talking about what has been released recently...Hmm...

Well, for those who want to check out some good ol' fantasy, check out Shakugan no Shana. VCD's available in Singapore already.

Aside from that, anyone watching Shuffle! Memories or Nodame Cantabile? The former's not really very interesting so far...mostly recaps, but Nodame Cantabile's a raw gem so far.

Currently I'm following the Death Note series, I've just started around 2 weeks ago and I'm on Ep. 4.

I'm also downloading the One Piece series, after the Skypeia Arc. Yup, I'm that much behind. I'm also chasing the Initial D! series, hehe..

So much anime, so little time...

I just got a hold of the entire Coyote Ragtime Show.

An awesome, if largely overlooked series worthy of anyone's attention.

Agreed.

Letsee...

Negima?!

Negima OVA Natsu

Hellsing Ultimate (got the vol.1 Geneon DVD last month )

Kanon 2006

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

Code Geass

Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori

Kaizer: Bah, I have yet to watch ROD (TV).  I've only watched the OVA. (which was pretty good)

• 1 month later...

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle isn't half bad, but it can be draggy at times.

As for Death Note...Well, it's quite a brilliant piece of work, though the anime might not cover EVERYTHING from the manga, the portrayal of characters and how L and Light Yagami try to outsmart each other is certainly very entertaining.

Anyone watching Nodame Cantabile? Right now it's Spring, too, so there will be *plenty* of new anime coming out on VCD and DVD releases as well as on the fansubs.

Currently re-watching Gundam SEED Destiny, cause they brought it out in english, and YTV shows the episodes every week .  Also re-watching Fate/Stay Night as I get my hands on the english Dub (have the first volume, and volume two is available, volume 3 will be out in 2-3 months).  Gonna start watching Super Robot Wars Divine Wars as well, cause they finally got far enough into the story to introduce Lune and the Valsione

StrikerS was interesting though, although we need to wait for more.

However, the later version of Teana's device is potrayed as being be b**** to reload, practically and tactically (changing barrels that already have pre-loaded catridges lol).

Agreed. But Teana has some slick moves to go with that personality of hers, though. Let's hope what we saw in episode 1 isn't the end of what she can do with Subaru.

As for a few others...

Claymore: Blood, gore. Not an inherently exciting pilot episode despite the blood-drenched action, but it certainly looks hopeful.

Touka Gettan: First ever anime that had me confounded to the core. Hopefully they explain things better in the second episode, or I'm dropping it.

Murder Princess: Better than I expected. It's a pity there's going to be only 6 OVA episodes for this one.

• 2 weeks later...

How about D. Gray-Man? I've only seen two episodes, but the animation is great.

Then there's the classics, such as Berserk or Ranma 1/2. They are both great anime, though Berserks animation is kinda sketchy at times. But there is a lot of blood. And when I say alot of blood, I mean ALOT of blood. 

EDIT: I forgot about Neo-Guyver. Great animation, though story is somewhat off from the manga.

Edited by Guest