Aliens?

Roromi

Well do you believe in them or not? I think we may have had a topic like this on the old site but either way :p

I'm skeptical when it comes to this kinda stuff, i'm usually a very rationale person but at times there are things you can't deny. When it comes to aliens its a tough one, I think the part that gets to me is the physically impossible aspects. What do you guys think?

Area 41 huh :p I was recently reading an article about Seti and they had an incident in the 80's i think, where they thought they recieved an intelligent message (which they called the "wow" message) there was great debate over that and the argument that killed it was that if there was intelligent life in this galaxy anywhere near where we are it would take thousands if not millions of years to recieve our radio waves and in turn respond. I think there could be aliens out there but whether or not they are able to come here remains in great question. Of course there is the theory that the "aliens" people have ran into i.e. abductions and such, haven't been extraterrestials but rather creatures from an alternate dimension or an alternate earth. Just some food for thought

Well there could be alternative dimensons, after all we havent even explored our own planet and the even the oceans great depths is a mystery for us.

Well what if the "aliens" doesnt use conventinonal radio-waves, personally i think its stupid to rule out alien life forms just becuase there is no oxygen etc on other planets, maybe they breath some other gas.

How did that one saying go? Something along the lines of: "If one in a million planets had what was necessary to sustain life, and one in a million of those actually did sustain life, and one in a million of those spawned intelligent life, there'd still be a lot of other intelligent life in the universe."

I firmly believe that intelligent life is out there, though like Ishian and Wind have said, they aren't the Grays of Area 51.

The universe; indeed, even just the Milky Way is insanely huge and we can only take hopelessly out-of-date pictures (due to speed-of-light limitations) of a very limited number of planets and speculate on what's there. It's gonna be a long while before we really find anything of much interest.

Area 41 huh :p I was recently reading an article about Seti and they had an incident in the 80's i think, where they thought they recieved an intelligent message (which they called the "wow" message) there was great debate over that and the argument that killed it was that if there was intelligent life in this galaxy anywhere near where we are it would take thousands if not millions of years to recieve our radio waves and in turn respond. I think there could be aliens out there but whether or not they are able to come here remains in great question. Of course there is the theory that the "aliens" people have ran into i.e. abductions and such, haven't been extraterrestials but rather creatures from an alternate dimension or an alternate earth. Just some food for thought

Did that turn out to be microwave background radiation? It was initially mistaken as transmissions from intelligent lifeforms.

We all know that an alien space ship is going to crash, and then it will cause billions of fifty foot giants to attack the earth. Hehe, I just watched Macross all over again =P

Yeah, I would have to side with basically everyone. There is a high chance for aliens to exist on other worlds.

Lmao, heres to hoping winders lol.

Out of curiosity (for those of you who could possibly know about it that is) how many of you listen to Coast to coast with George Noory?

For those of you who don't know Noory's radio show is one which likes to talk about supernatural stuff (like aliens). http://www.kfi640.com/pages/streaming.html Check it out if you want to listen to live stream, it tends to go for about 4 hours i think. Last night they had an interview with a UFO investigator and there was some interesting discussions. Of course this went off into the idea that the USA has contact with Aliens and that President Truman even met with some and they decided not to reveal the aliens to the public out of fear of mass panic. Its just interesting how superstitious UFO stuff tends to become. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hieroglyphics are ancient Egyptian text, now if you've watched Stargate they endlessly relate Egyptians with aliens as they were the most advanced human race at one point in history.

However, any saucer like objects that are in Egyptian hieroglyphics are probably stuff like discus; it would depend on the other things around it

Maybe aliens did not come from our own universe... Maybe they came from a parallel world where another kind of animal became intelligent. They could have traveled here by just changing their atomic frequency.

It's something I watched in Discovery channel... Where in subatomic particles tend to appear from nowhere. I believe that this is caused by the particles changing their frequency thus jumping from it's reality to another. This aliens maybe have already harnessed this technology in order to travel between worlds.

Boy I gotta stop drinking too much coffee!

• 5 weeks later...