Kyuubi/Ethan vs Konigstiger/Takumi, Duel/Gunner Zaku vs 2 Kerberos Bucue

evo_Sieg

"Ahhh, the joys of piloting. Gets the stress out of your system. Seems like all my problems fade away..."

Takumi said this to himself after he strapped himself into the cockpit of a Kerberos BuCUE hound. With its 3 heads, its enough to scare children away when they see one but this particular unit has become attached to Takumi. Everytime he remembers his problems and wants to get away from it he visits this beauty. He's been itching to get into battle again, as this serves as the temporary amnesia he needs to escape from his troubles, even just for a while, thats why he has this giddy feeling inside.

"Alrighty then, lets get this party started Konig!"

He radioed his partner, also in a dastardly flat-black BuCUE. As he did he started powering up the beast. Flicking some switches, he turned on the BuCUE's OS. Some screens flickered to life in front of him, as well as the other instrumentation nearby. He checked the status of the machine's hydraulics, thrusters and weapon systems.

"Seems to be all green, lets go up top, shall we?"

Even before his partner could reply Takumi enabled the lift using the BuCUE's computer, where the two machines were on standby. The BuCUEs were inside a makeshift metal cage, like 2 beasts being subdued. As the surroundings began fading downward the heads of the Bucues were lashed onto the ground by some chains. Takumi waited as they were slowly lifted up onto the stadium.

Slowly but surely Takumi's screen lightened up. The stadium's lights seemed to shed light into his cockpit. Reaching the top the lift abruptly stopped. The crowd's voices died down a bit, perhaps surprised and curious about the 2 balck mobile suits that just risen onto the coliseum. In a slight indentation of the coliseum's wall was a cage-like structure, inside was 2 menacing dog-like mechs.

"Release the dogs! Lets get this show on the road!"

After Takumi typed-in some commands the cage roof swung open to the right, immediately followed by the walls falling outwards. On cue the chains which served as leashes that kept the BuCUEs' heads down snapped, letting the BuCUEs free. Takumi maneuvered the beast's heads upward, making it look like it was growling after beeing freed, the 3 heads looking up towards the sky. The sight of a black, wolf-like creature with its 3 heads was indeed a scary sight to behold, but with two of them on the coliseum is seemed that every spectator fell silent. The BuCUE's feet sprang up from its tank-like treads onto it's leg form. Takumi engaged the thrusters and the BuCUE crouched before pouncing forward about 200 meters from where it was standing. It raised its head after pouncing, announcing the arrival of the Keberos BuCUE Hound tagteam onto the stadium.

Edited by Guest

"Time to have some fun."

Konigs chuckled to himself, feeling very confident for the match as he secured himself with the chair's saftey belts. Draco has good fate in his Kerberos capabilities to demolish anything that gets in his way to glory. It was going to be a brutal match for him and his partner, and he will enjoy every second of it. For he shall show no mercy nor sympathy for his adversaries in this match. It will be quick and painful for his enemies. And no one will stop the King Tiger from getting his throne. And with the help of an ally they will be nearlly unstoppable

"Alrighty then, lets get this party started Konig!"

His partner voiced out in his radio. Then he began the process of powering up his black monster to life. With each botton he pressed and flicked switch, the monster started to come alive. The HUD lighted up the enitre cockpit with scopes and sensors indicating their readiness. Then on the three heads of the Kerberos, a pinkish eye on each head, brightly flashed out indicating that the machine is fully operational. The three headed monste, The Kerberos, is alive and ready to destroy.

"I'm good to kill, Takumi. Hows yours?" He radioed to Takumi

"Seems to be all green, lets go up top, shall we?"

Suddenly the lifts started to rise. The two Kerberos were chained on their heads and to the ground and were also enclosed in a steel plated cage. It showed an intimidating look to anyone who saw it. And for sure, as the cage went in full view of the entire colesium, spectators were in awe at the two enclosed abomination. Fear had set in to the audiences, in disbelif at what they are witnessing infront of them.

"Release the dogs! Lets get this show on the road!"

"yeah!! Let loose the Hounds of Hell!!!"

Then suddenly the cage snapped out and the chans on their necks shattered. The monsters were freee now. Konigs and takumi then manuvered their Kerberos' instinctivly like hounds would do. The hounds then lifted all their heads to the sky, imitatng howling dogs. And as they did their maneuver, the sound of two dogs howling could be heard loudly to the entire colesium. They then perched down and the leaped away from their position and landing with a crushing thud meters away. They positioned themselves in attack postures; feet apart, low head and looking strait.

"Now were are those two poopies, who dare fight us!? Come out, Come out, Were ever you are, poopies!?" Konigs said in a very annoying manner.

Kyuubi, or so people called him, slowly strapped himself into the Dual Gundam, admiring the nice handiwork the mechanics had done on it. The Dual was pretty much the same colors of the original except for 1 major difference. It had the picture of a demonic Nine-tailed fox painted on each of the shoulders and the shield, his personal logo, being the symbol of the legendary demon Kyuubi (Nine-Tail fox) which also happened to be his nickname. As he started the great machine up a mix of thought's ran through his head.

I wonder what I am exactly up agaisnt and who. What machine's are they using? I wonder what there strategy will be.

As his train of thoughts continued, he looked around the cockpit, making sure that all his systems were green.  Everything looks good He then brought the platform his great machine was on up, then slowly walked into the areana. As he got into the areana,, he noticed both his enemies also come out.

Just great, kereberos bucues. He thought to himself, doing a quick double check on all his systems. This is one fight i probably don't want to mess up on. He then watched as they leaped onto the field, as if announcing there entry. Wow, show-offs. He then walked forward so all could see his Dual Gundam, shining in the sun, his logos on his shoulders and sheild shining brightly.

"Now were are those two poopies, who dare fight us!? Come out, Come out, Were ever you are, poopies!?" He heard one of the enemies saying that over the comlink.

"I am right here, o mighty mutt of the underworld." He taunted, letting the enemy know that he wasn't very impressed by there mui-macho preformence. truth be told, I don't think I can fight both of the enemy bucues by myself, It kind of depeneds on how good my partner is, I will probably need help to win this one.

Ethan, now firmly seated, began doing up the straps, and began booting up the Zaku's OS, and running system checkups. Wiping his sweaty palms on his pants, he hit began onlining modules via the OS to complete the boot-up process, acknowledging greens across the board.

This was the first time he'd fought alongside Kyuubi, and Ethan was going to be relying on the guy alot - any suit that got too close to his Gunner would pose major problems.

Noticing the BuCUEs leaping confidently onto the field, Ethan frowned - Not good, he thought, but I guess it was expected. BuCUEs were damn fast, and were high-performance ground mobile armors, which wouldn't exactly make Ethan's job easy - he was hoping to go up against a slower, more heavily armored Mobile Suit. He couldn't tell whether the BuCUEs were equipped with Wizard packs; he hoped they weren't, but these were Kerberos BeCUEs as well.

Nonetheless, with guns and grenades in hand, Ethan felt he and his partner could pull off a victory.

Ethan, quickly running his hand through his hair, gripped the controls, and ignoring the opponent's taunts, began moving his suit into position.

The sun flooding into the cockpit, he combined the parts of his gun into the full-length 'Orthos' Beam Cannon, and braced his shield half an arm's length from his suit, protecting his ZAKU's head and upper torso.

Ethan opened his comlink onto the secure team channel - "Ethan Vandamar, in position, Kyuubi you ready?"

Edited by Guest

From just beyond southern-most section of the arena, a small booth rose in view. In it sat the referee for this match, surrounded by several monitors that captured practically every angle of the stadium. He checked to see that both teams had arrived, and that the simulated forest environment was complete. Satisfied with the pre-fight checking, he opened up the public announcement speakers and said, "This match is between Team Zoids in Kerberos BuCUEs vs. the Duel Shroud and a Gunner Zaku. May the best team win."

The traffic light right beside the booth began to link red.

"Commence battle in 3... 2... 1... Begin!"

The light went a bright green as the starting buzzer fired up. The match was officially underway.

((Sorry for the late response and short post, got too busy at work... ))

From his cockpit's magnified HUD, Draco could see the other two Mobile suits on the other side of the arena. His over-confidence swells even more as he sees that their opponents are no match compared to the Kerberos. All they had to do now is to eliminate one by one, to take the glory to them. Then suddenly the comlink spoke.

"I am right here, o mighty mutt of the underworld." Said by one of the pilots on the opposite side.

"A mutt, eh. Don’t you dare insult this fine craftsmanship that you see before you? Will see who'll have the loudest laugh, when I look down on your smouldering suit." Draco said to the other pilot on the other line, followed by an annoying, high pitch laugh.

Then suddenly from a far, the signal was given that fight had begun. Draco was a bit startled when he heard the buzzer. He was not even paying attention to what the referee had said before the signal, in a form of a loud buzzer.

As the buzzers sound off through out the coliseum. Draco immediately manoeuvred his Kerberos to hop just a couple meters away to have some momentum and immediately initiated it to tank mode. He traversed the forest passing through clear ways to get to his targets. He then communicated to his partner, Takumi on the other Kerberos to follow him.

"Ok, Takumi! Remember what told you earlier, we'll hit them hard and fast... Keep your focus and follow my lead... Don’t stop, keep moving. Now let’s show these amateurs what these babies can really do!!!

Draco then pushed his Kerberos to go even faster. He knows full well, that the Kerberos speed is the deadliest weapon in the entire arsenal of the BuCUE. With it, they can evade almost any attack that their enemies can smack them.

Kyuubi watched his Partner come on to the field. A gunner Zaku eh? That is a good thing for us, we could use the long range firepower. He then heard his partner speak to him over the comlink. "Ethan Vandamar, in position, Kyuubi you ready?"

This is kyuubi, I am ready and rearing to go Ethan. He replied. He then watched as the enemy Kerebros, apparently the one he had taunted, gave his little tanut a reply. "A mutt, eh. Don’t you dare insult this fine craftsmanship that you see before you? Will see who'll have the loudest laugh, when I look down on your smouldering suit." We will see about that. Kyuubi murmered to himself.

As the referee started the match, Kyuubi instantly watched as the first of the Kerebros Bucues started using it's unmatchable speed to advance. "Ethan, this is Kyuubi, there going to come straight at us with there speed appaerently. Your Orthos cannon is probably our best shot at hitting them before they get here, see if you can hit them, I'll give you cover." he said, his Duel thrusting sideays so it was in a postion where it could easily move to the side to block incoming shots at the Gunner Zaku, then aimed his beam rifle at the oncoming kerebros.

Dang, it's moving to fast for me to lock on, guess I might as well just try and keep it away for now.he then aimed his beam rifle lower, so it was infront of the kerebros, and fired several shots in different directions in front of it, hoping to make the Kerebros stop if only momentarily to avoid going into the shots. He then raised his sheild in front of them incase of any long range attacks from the other Kerebros.

"I am right here, o mighty mutt of the underworld." , said one of their oponnents.

Takumi adjusted the BuCUE's sensors to scan the other side of the coliseum. A Duel, with its bulky Assault Shroud, and a Gunner Zaku, wielding its Orthos energy cannon showed up on the screen.

"Hmm, those two mobile suits wont last long with Team Zoids.", Takumi let out a slight laugh, a devilish grin was evident on his face. Then a buzzer sounded of in the coliseum. Takumi shifted the BuCUEs cameras to his partner beside him, just in time to catch the canine mobile suit hop for some meters and get into tank-mode.

"Ok, Takumi! Remember what told you earlier, we'll hit them hard and fast... Keep your focus and follow my lead... Don’t stop, keep moving. Now let’s show these amateurs what these babies can really do!!!

Seeing that they have started, Takumi maneuvered his Kerberos to follow after Draco. The BuCUE shifted its weight slightly, then pounced towards the direction where his partner was going. Upon landing his BuCUE also went into tank mode. Takumi went into his serious state, focusing on the game plans they have made up.

"Roger that Draco. We'll show them what these mutts out of hell can do!"

Takumi pushed on the thrusters, giving the BuCUE a bit more speed. Then sensors started sounding off in his machine. The Duel fired a couple of shots at the Kerberos, though its strange it wasn't aimed directly at his partner. The shots made their way into the path the Kerberos was heading to.

"Draco, watch out!", he yelled at the comlink, while Takumi kept tailing his teammate.

"Ethan, this is Kyuubi, there going to come straight at us with there speed appaerently. Your Orthos cannon is probably our best shot at hitting them before they get here, see if you can hit them, I'll give you cover."

"Roger that Kyuubi, and thanks." replied Ethan.

Ethan watched the Duel move closer inline with the Gunner, shielding him from possible incoming fire.

Okay, gotta make these shots count... thought Ethan, watching the BuCUEs pick up speed.

Noticing the Duel firing several shots towards the lead Kerberos, Ethan took a few precious seconds to ensure a full lock, and fired a burst from the Orthos, vivid yellow energy beams blasting from the cannon's muzzle.

"Kyuubi, my ZAKU's got a few smoke 'n flash grenades on him, so just yell if ya need me to throw 'em."

Edited by Guest

"Draco, watch out!!!" Takumi shouted loudly over the comm.

Damn it, shut up!!!

He then immidietly swinged the controls to the left. The Kerberos quickly then swerved to the left, boulderizing the trees as it evaded the shots of the Duel. Draco then quickly returned back on course together with his partner trailing behind him.

"Not so loud!!! What do you want? Bleed me to death? I see it clearly, thank you very much... Now keep your focus...And stop shouting!!!"

As the two Kerberos continued their rush towards their opponents, Draco noticed their opponents tactics and came up a perfect attack for it. But before he could deliver it to his partner, he saw a flashes from the Gunner Zaku's Orthos cannon could be seen from a far.

"Muzzel Flash!!! Split up!" Draco shouted even louder than the his partner over to the comm.

Darco then quickly swiveled his controls to the right. The Kerberos, strafed far to the right as big yellow bursts of beams wrecked the ground. He then quickly return to his position, on point. The kerberos were just only a few seconds away from their targets.

Draco grould abit and said. "They're starting to bug me. Takumi, get back in formation!! When I give the signal, we execute attack form Bravo. Got it?"

Kyuubi watched the enemies dodge there shots at continue towards them. Crud, there getting to close. He thought. He stopped firing with his beam rifle and put it up, taking out his beam saber.

"Ethan, I am going to go in and try and keep them away from you, just keep trying to nail them ok?" he said over the comlink, before charging staright at the bucue's.

Locking onto the bucue that was in front (Konigstiger) and fired off a couple of missle's at him, hoping to at least slow the bucue down. He then continued into a position where he had formed he was in the middle of all 3 of the other mobile suits, capable where he could thrust to one side and intercept whichever way the bucue's came.

"Bring it on doggie dog's" He taunted the enemy over the comlink.

Ethan began moving his Gunner backwards, firing a few shots every few steps - he needed all the distance he could get; the Gunner was equipped with a Tomahawk, but he'd still be horribly outmatched at close range.

"Ethan, I am going to go in and try and keep them away from you, just keep trying to nail them ok?"

"Sure Kyuubi, if you find yourself in a tight spot, just fall back, I can cover you." Ethan replied.

Noticing the Duel had pulled out his beam saber, Ethan crouched the gunner on the spot, assuming a sniper position, and continued firing shots at the leading BuCUE (Konigstiger).

Edited by Guest

"Not so loud!!! What do you want? Bleed me to death? I see it clearly, thank you very much... Now keep your focus...And stop shouting!!!"

"Roger that Konig.', Siegfred replied to his partner. He continued to trail his partner when someone blared on the air.

"Muzzle Flash!!! Split up!"

Takumi instinctively tugged the BuCUE's controls to the left making the BuCUE strafe to the left, then after a second or two the cockpit glows red, warning sirens go off and yellow beams fire between the lines taken by the two BuCUEs.

(OOC: shouldn't this be red? aren't the beams from an Orthos cannon be making Red beams?)

"Sheesh! He tells ME to shut up and now HE yells at me!"

"They're starting to bug me. Takumi, get back in formation!! When I give the signal, we execute attack form Bravo. Got it?"

"Copy that Draco! Getting back into position."

Takumi maneuvered his MS to a close line behind the lead BuCUE. Then the MS's sensors detect incoming beam shots from the Zaku again, he checked the camera to see the Zaku moving backwards while firing its Orthos again. He also sees that the Duel approached them, wielding its beam saber.

"Bring it on doggie dogs!"

"Foolish kid. Does he think he can face a Kerberos with a single beam saber? I think not! Attack form bravo it is, hehehe...", Takumi said to himself.

He then grins in anticipation. Even with its Assault Shroud equipped his BuCUE would be able to slice through the Duel with ease. Then sensors started going off again, Takumi sees the Zaku locking onto Draco's BuCUE and fires its beam cannon again at him. The Zaku appears to settle into a sniper-like mode.

"Waiting for your signal Draco, and those beams are at you again." Takumi radioes his partner.

[blatt: You were supposed to post after evo_Sieg, not before. Since nothing of note has happened yet, you are being let off with a Warning. From this point on, any other infraction will mean your disqualification.

Evo: Yes, the Orthos fires a red beam, but the color change is allowable as long as it's not used to affect the match.

Everyone proceed to the Battle Round 2, and remember the turn order.

The lights near the referee's booth suddenly turn red, and everyone sees Draco's BuCUE power down and drop motionless to the ground. Almost instantaneously, the magnetic locks underneath the arena grapple onto the MA, and a trap door lowers the BuCUE into the darkness underneath, returning to it's proper place without the machine.

"Draco has been disqualified. All remaining participants, proceed."

[Turn order: kyubi -> evo_Sieg -> Blatt]

Kyuubi watched and braced himself to fight the 2 Bucues when suddenly, the refree's both went off, and the Bucue was powered down and towed off the field. Wha- Ah whatever. he thought, looking back at the remaining Bucue. As the Bucue drew closer Kyuubi grinned. he never had actualy intended to go into a fight with the Kerebros, just get it a little closer. Suddenly, he fired a missle salvo from his right shoulder, sending the missles hurling down all around the bucue hounds position, then he fired a shot from the rail gun o his left shoulder.

"Wow, one of my oldest tricks in the book, did you actually think I was stupid enough to engage a kerebros in melee combat with this?" he said over the comlink, hitting back on his thruster, pushing him back away from the Bucue again.

"Hey Ethan, appaerently one of there members is gone, that gives us a good advantage. See if you can pick off the remaining one with your Orthos, I will tyr and lay down some covering fire and try to keep it at a distance." He said over the comlink.

He then sheathed his beam saber and pulled his beam rifle back out, and aimed it at the kerebros, fifring 2 shots at it.

Takumi was following the line taken by Draco's Bucue when it abruptly slowed down and eventually stopped. Good thing Takumi was quick to react and thrusted a bit to its side to avoid Draco. Then the battle referee announced, "Draco has been disqualified. All remaining participants, proceed."

"Jeebus, why now? What the heck, I'm alone again! It'll still be attack form Bravo anyways..."

Now alone Takumi nudged the controls to the left, like what he would be really doing in the first place. As the BuCUE aproached the Duel from the left he readied the 2 other heads, with each head's beam horns ready to retaliate in the face of the Duel's beam sabre. Then suddenly the Duel's left missile pod opens and deploys its missiles. Alarms go off in the BuCUE's cockpit and Takumi retaliates by firing both of the BuCUE's beam cannons while veering of more to the left, with Takumi hoping that one of the shots hit the Duel. The alarms intensify and the sensors show that the Duel's railgun was fired as well but due to the interference of the shots of the beam cannons to the missiles of the Duel the energy of the railgun dissipated. 2 missiles get past the beam cannon fire but due to the BuCUE's speed these explode on the ground behind the BuCUE.

Seeing the Duel in the offense Takumi pushed on the thrusters more in order to distance himself from the blue mobile suit. The BuCUE transformed into its legged form and ran in a criss-cross pattern making the 2 shots from the Duel barely miss the BuCUE's legs, with the beams hitting ground and stirring up dust behind the dark, menacing, dog-like mobile suit. The BuCUE headed diagonally to the left of the Zaku's position and fired its right beam cannon to the ground near the front of the Zaku, though it was going to the area to the left of the Zaku.

"These kids think they could mess with me. I may be alone, but I'm enough of a match for the two of you." Takumi told himself as adrenaline pumped through his body, making him more perceptive of what was happening. He continued to monitor the sensors while the BuCUE followed an arched line towards the line of trees behind the area where the Zaku was, still maintaing the slight criss-cross pattern of the BuCUE's run.

Edited by Guest

"Hey Ethan, appaerently one of there members is gone, that gives us a good advantage. See if you can pick off the remaining one with your Orthos, I will tyr and lay down some covering fire and try to keep it at a distance." Ethan heard over the comlink.

Ethan watched the exchanged between the Duel and BuCUE, and watched the BuCUE suddenly jump backwards and fire a beam cannon shot at his ZAKU. Ethan responded quickly, moving his ZAKU backwards quickly, the blast kicking up dirt in front of him, and threw a High-Explosive Grenade towards the BuCUE, and after marking the Duel's current position on the Computer, dropped a smoke grenade.

Instead of running for cover however, Ethan fired 2 shots of the Orthos through the smoke cloud, aiming behind and left of the marked position, and pulled out his Tomahawk, assuming a defensive position.

"Kyuubi, shoot to his left, he'll be moving forwards to attack me now, adjust your shots accordingly, he'll be going down quite shortly." Ethan said over the commlink.

• 4 weeks later...

(Seeing as Rad never posted............)

"Kyuubi, shoot to his left, he'll be moving forwards to attack me now, adjust your shots accordingly, he'll be going down quite shortly." he heard Ethan over the comlink.

"Roger that." he rpelied, aiming his beam gun to the left of where his position should be, then moving it slightly forward, incase he started moving. He then fired shots from the rifle, the red beams flying through the air at their destination.

He then moved slightly to the left himself, raising his shield in a position to defend his cockpit, while he fired a small barrage of missles infront of whe bucue's position, in order to keep him back, and away from Ethan.

"Ethan, get to a better position, that bucue will rip that Zaku to shreds in close range. I will keep him busy." he said over the comlink, thrusting into a poistion between the bucue and the smoke cloud, his shield raised, and his beam rifle ready to fire.

• 1 month later...

Warning signals erupt yet again in the BUCUE's cockpit. A beam rifle blast was hurtling towards Takumi. He tugged the controls to turn to the left instead of the right which was his original trajectory. "Change of tactic would most probably set these guys off, hmmm... I'm agile enough to pull this off anyway." he said to himself. As the BUCUE avoided the beam the wailing of the warning sirens intensified. The sensors detected missiles fired from the Duel yet again. Aiming for the missile's trajectory  he fired his beam cannons again, just to make sure the missiles don't hit. One manages to explode very near the path the BUCUE was heading to, shaking the cabin a bit but doing nothing more. Then something inside Takumi snapped.

"Heck I'm getting bored, Draco's gone so the fun's pretty much gone. I guess I should call this a day." He pushed the BUCUE's throttle to the max, going behind the tree line to the left, hiding from the sight of the BUCUE and Duel before deciding to call the game off. He slid the BUCUE to a 180, so it could be facing his enemies, albeit from a covered and far position. He then pushed a button inside the cockpit, the red lights all around the stadium changed to yellow, then white. Takumi surrenders to his two opponents.

"I hate to go out like this, but I'm declining to continue any further. Perhaps we shall meet again in another battle, but for now I shall back down.", Takumi radioed to his opponents. "My fans wouldn't like this very much, but I wouldn't have enjoyed continuing today. Heck I'm just gonna get some sleep, dammit!"

The BUCUE transforms into its quadruped mode. The BUCUE's head went up, simulating what a lion would do when it roars, then turns around and walks toward the exit gates. Takumi's done for the day.

"Until we meet again...", Takumi whispers...