Re: Stirke VS Duel First Battle James against Locke

Roromi

Locke piloted the antiquated GAT-X102 into the remains of an old city. Most of the buildings were rubble; taller ones were abandoned with shatter windows rampant. According to his sensors there was a strong wind blowing, and the black clouds on the horizon proved that. A storm would be coming in soon, it was only a matter of minutes.

The grey Duel walked into the middle of the city, an abandoned park where playground equipment now lay twisted and abandoned. Jonathan parked his mobile on one end of the park waiting for his opponent to show up. They would meet in the middle of the city to inspect the other's weapon then start. "I can't wait to see how this old unit works!"

After a couple of minutes of flying with the GAT-X105, James noticed a small abandoned city filled with ruble dirt and a couple of all buildings.  It was the perfect place to have a small duel, some cover from the buildings and it would simulate a urban area with little civilians risk.  As the wind intensity grew, James was force to increase the power of his thrusters to compensate.  Heading to the middle of the abandoned city James heard a small “beeb” coming from his radar.  As he pressed the sensors analysis button a small screen appeared with the information  of the GAT-X102.  James looked at the information and smiled as he remembered the stories of the battles of these two Gundams in the year CE 71-72.

As James landed in the middle of the city he opened the hailing frequency to the GAT X-102.  “This is James Hawke, ready for weapons inspection for historical accuracy I want to see how this old babies felt when they where first use…if you agree to this please respond.  Over”.  James sat back inspected really quickly that everything was in condition green and though “ok. Let’s see how the legendary strike feels”.

“Locke here, I’m ready to get going when you are.”

Jonathan extended his rifle as an offer to the Strike as his opponent did likewise. The mobile suits traded rifles to inspect them, mimicking the tradition done in the ancient duels done with swords. As Locke played with the Strike’s rifle he simultaneously scanned the Aile Strike and confirmed its appropriate nature. Locke handed back the rifle and took back the Duel’s in exchange.

“Everything looks fine to me. We’ll start this in 60 seconds, that should give us enough time to get to cover, sound good?” As he waited for a reply, Locke double checked his weapons and activated the Phase Shift, making the mobile suit change from its dull nature to the blue and white color scheme.

(OCC: Sorry for the minor god modding, i just want to get this show on the road :p )

"Understood"  James said. James quickly decided to turn on his phase shift armor.  Almost immediately, the Strike Gundam changed from his Grey and White form, to the original phase shift colors red, white and blue.   Using the thruster to pilot very quickly, James hovered from the ground and headed behind a small building.  Setting his unite in a defensive position  in the South, middle of the city, James put his rifle in the small hole in the shield and lowered Strike knee while using the buildings as cover in front of him. 

After 60 secounds, James turned on his radar and waited to detect the Duel.  Strike was slightly kneeling in a defensive position waiting for the Duel to show up in his radar.  James was not going to beat himself by doing something stupid at the begging. 

Edited by Guest

The Duel dashed for some cover and slowly made some distance from the middle of the city. Locke got closer and closer to the outskirts of the town. Looking around he spotted the remains of a building, its walls stood high enough to give cover if he kneeled in it.

Taking the cover he looked towards the middle of the city, keeping his attention to all the ruins around him. He wanted to have the outskirts on his back so that if the Strike tried to flank him it would be more noticeable.

“Lets liven things up!” Knowing that the tall buildings were excellent cover and that they were mostly ready to go already, Locke raised his rifle and took a few pot shots at some buildings near the center. If the enemy didn’t notice where he was firing from then perhaps he could lure James out into the open, and if he was lucky he could cause one of the buildings to collapse. As he fired from his rifle he kept an eye to make sure he didn’t make too many shots, after all the original GAT series was notorious for its easy energy consumption.

James in his defensive position heard and small bombardment from the rifle of the duel Gundam.  As the he heard a rifle bombardment, James felt a building next to him crumple.  As the ruin of the building fell part, the building hit the Strike Gundam on the shoulder.  James felt the small hit and saw the damage.  Apparently it harmed the PS armor in the right shoulder.  “Damn! that area is made vulnerable to bullet or knifes”.  James said to himself.

The one positive thing that happened in the turn of events is that he could at least tell the position of his enemy. “Ok, nice move Locke let’s see how you deal when someone is shooting at you”  Calculating with the radar and the angle of the shot, James turned his thrusters up in the air and as he went in the air he made 3 shots near the position where he believed the radar indicated the duel Gundam.  Wanting to draw the Duel Gundam int he place where he has the advange in the air.

Noticing the Strike moving out of hiding Locke got ready to move. The headlong onslaught of return fire was a disappointment to Locke’s expectations but he quickly realized that the strike was trying to keep the upper hand by utilizing its assets.

Three shots from the enemy’s rifle rained down around him. He felt comfortable in his position he would wait for the fire to stop before moving. The Strike did get lucky though, one of the shots pierced through the wall he was using for cover. Debris shatter against the Duel, which took the abuse easily with its phase shift. 

“I wonder if he knows my exact location or just my general location…”

Despite the close call he would wait until he knew for sure what the enemy knew about him. Waiting patiently now, he wouldn’t move until the Strike had landed and wasn’t utilizing the skies to scope him out. If the Strike did know where he was he felt confident that he could absorb any shots with his shield, and there wasn’t anything too tall or dangerous around him to make him worry.

“If he moves anywhere I don’t want him to be then I’ll have to react…” At the moment Locke wanted the Strike to stay in the South of the city, if it moved too far north then he would run the risk of not being able to track him from his position.  “Letsee how good you are Strike!"

After James shots he looked against to his radar “No movement or return fire, shoot darn it I am in mid air”. James glanced at the radar and noticed that Lock was waiting for him to do the stupid move.  The crazy Ivan maneuver did not work to his expectation, but the battle is early and James have to be patient. 

Lowering his altitude James headed West in to the ruins.  “I know where you are, you know where I am so let’s see who know more about military strategy Locke” James said to himself.  In the ground James strafed to the to the West area in the building and left his thrusters on to give away his position on Duel radars.  James noticed that he has a building behind him giving back cover and maintain an eye in to the 180 degrees in front of them.

“What’s he up to…”

Locke notice that the Strike was holding it’s ground against a wall. “Alright I’ll bite strike…” Pulling out his keyboard he quickly studied the schematics for his rifle. “If I tinker with this a bit then the grenade could…” Jonathan’s fingers tapped against the keyboard in a mad tempo. He quickly adjusted the grenade to take into account the wind and other environmental variables. Tucking away his keyboard he got ready to make his move.

“So you want to stay there do you? We’ll I’ll try not to disappoint you!” Aiming his rifle in the air he fired off the grenade in a trajectory towards his enemy and charged towards the Strike. He quickly leveled his rifle to shoot at the Strike as he dashed towards it, trying to keep him off balance. With any luck he could close the distance to close combat.

After waiting for a few second James hear a warning beeb from his radar.  “What the heck?” James said.  Before James could react the grenade was exploding on top of the shield.  The explosion destroyed the building behind James and the debris was falling all over strike. Being pushed a couple of feet James took note of the damage.  Both of his head guns was damage and his rifle was lost in the blast.  “Damn! Lost the rifle and CWIS, energy is decreasing because of damage, I am down by 3/4 energy already in a few maneuvers”.  Quickly another “beep” and he noticed that Duel was charging him with his rifle. 

Keeping Strike Shield in front of him, James deflected a couple of Lock shoot.  “Good Job!”.  With no rifle James option are reduce to charging.  Turning his thrusters to maximum, James started charging Lock.  As he charged one of the beams scraped Strike right shoulder as he was pulling his beam saber out.  Heading to full speed to the rifle James at Duel. “Welcome to my small trap!” James yelled.

Phase-Shift is built to prevent solids from damaging the suit, James; so building rubbling hitting your shoulder wouldn't deactivate the PS there. Plus work on like, not taking so much damage, as in posting so much damage to yourself. You're letting Ian farm you man!

Roromi: 100+150+200+(3*75+500+250+100)=1525

James: 100

Locke’s eyes widened as the Strike came at him. A large part of him screamed that something wasn’t right but he wasn’t one to pass up a good opportunity. He intentionally aimed in front of the Strike at the ground hoping to slow him down, as he immediately skidded to a halt himself.

“So you lost your rifle huh? Lets even that up!”

Using his momentum he tossed his own rifle in the general direction of the Strike and fired his CIWS at his own rifle. He hoped that the dust from his pot shots in front of the Strike would blind him so he wouldn’t know what he was rushing into. The rifle exploded in mid air, satisfied Locke reached to grab his shield with both of the Gundam’s hands. He held the shield low ready to swing it at the strike like a weapon as he cautiously approached where the Strike was at. 

As James charged at Locke he saw Locke throwing Duel rifle and fired his CWIS causing a small explosion.  Blinded by the blast and going full power, James didn’t want any surprises. Using the thrusters James gained some altitude about 20 feet so they can fight at a place where he has the advantage.  As he past the blast area he saw Duel holding his shield expecting Strike Charge.  “You have been playing very safe, Locke” Seeing the opportunity, James turned off the higher thrusters and the lower thrusters where at maximum capacity.  This created James the opportunity to flip Strike and throw a beam saber at Duel and then charging at full speed to do a shield bash.  “Let’s see if you can deal with this!” James said.

A pink flash caught Locke’s eyes, as the Strike threw one of its beam sabers direction at him. Grimacing Locke brought his shield up to bat at the projectile. His attempt was effective in diverting the saber from impaling the cockpit however it channeled the weapon directly into his mobile suit’s right shoulder.

The damage done was minimal but the blow did cut a hydraulic supply line, he would have so many moves before the limb went dead, he would have to keep that arm’s movement to a minimum. Locke didn’t have time to curse; instead he focused on keeping his shield up to impale the incoming Strike.  Even as he held up the shield his unit bleed out precious fluid, warnings came up in his screen and he wasn’t sure if the arm would hold up after the impact.

“Either way you’re mine!” Locke carefully aimed the shield, he didn’t want to miss and at the very least he wanted to control in incoming impact.

OCC: Sorry for the day response, yesterday was busy and I could not write a decent post.

As James went full power to the Duel, he noticed Duel getting reading to avoid the impact.  His plan to impact the Duel hard enough to retrieve the Beam saber that he threw was not going to work.  “Ok, James what weapons to do you have now…you lost one beam saber, rifle, CWIS, pretty soon you are going to be kicking and punching”.  James though.Hitting his key strokes he read that Strike had two knifes that was used for emergency.  Most of the battle Locke had the control, but in the last few second the tide seemed to be turning. 

As Strike headed to Duel, it changed the angle of his shield to go in direct contact with the Duel.  As he losed he had Strike right hand to withdraw his right knife from combat.    His goal was to get close enough to use the knife effectiveness.  As the two GAT models shield got closer to each other, James attempted to use the knife to insert the knife near what he believed to be the cockpit area.  “Hope this works” James as he though the clash was imminent.

Edited by Guest

As soon as the two shields made impact Locke knew what he was going to do. It was a gamble but if he could make it work he could end the battle quickly. Violently the two shields crashed against each other. Knowing he couldn’t change the Strike’s force and impact he decided to help guide where it was heading.  He tried to have the enemy shield go for his already damaged right arm. The force involved forced his suit to twist his torso to face the two shields colliding; this gave his left arm the extra reach he needed.

Ignoring the warnings yelling at him that the right arm was going to be severed Locke continued to go for his goal. A flicker of metal caught his attention, he wasn’t sure whether or not the Strike had pulled out its combat knives, he was going to take his chances. It almost looked as if he was blindly reaching for the Strike’s head but it should have been very clear to the Strike what he was really going after as the Duel’s hand wondered to the remaining beam saber.

(OCC: hope that works, i'll be back soon enough to fix it if it needs to be)

As Strike and Duel Shield clashed, James noticed as Duel was attempting to grab Strike left beam saber.  James though that his knife would hit something on Duel in his first attack at the torso.  As the shield clashed James noticed as small beeping.  As he turned to see the control panel he noticed that his shield condition was orange. With Strike knife’s on his right hand James attempted to hit Duel in the Torso where he was wide open because he was attempting to grab Strike Beam Saber. .  “I might lose the other beam saber, but I might go for a kill in the torso again”.

As Strike attempted to hit Duel torso the second time, James let go of Strike right knife and noticed that he Duel had possession of the other beam saber.  As the shield bashing event happened, James strafed to the right and moved next to the beam saber that he has previously thrown witch was a few feet left from Duel. 

Since Ian ignored James' first attack I'll insert a referee decision here. James' original strike with his combat knife hit the Duel's left torso but did no real damage thanks to the phase-shift. Additionally, due to the strain Ian is putting on his right arm of his MS it is now inoperable.

Roromi: 1525+250 = 1775 (disarmed another beam-saber)

James: 600+100+200+75*2 = 1050

Edited by Guest

A maniacal grin found its way onto Locke’s face as he successfully grabbed the Strike’s last beam saber. A cold satisfaction echoed in his voice as he taunted his enemy, “Now you’re mine!” Despite his right arm suddenly disappearing from his displays he felt like he now had the upper hand.

Noticing the Strike’s dash away from him he grew slightly confused until he realized that it was dashing for its one remaining weapon it could use effectively at him. “Oh no you don’t!”  Instead of trying to race him for the other weapon he aimed his CIWS at the weapon and fired. Although the target was smaller than a missile he felt like he had a good chance at hitting the weapon before the Strike reached it. Just to be safe he simultaneously activated the stolen saber, the pink blade jetting out underhanded (seeing as that’s how he grabbed it) he raised the weapon to guard himself should the Strike come at him again.

Checking his status he noticed that the right arm had indeed been severed along with his shield, he still had both his beam sabers, his CIWS was running low on ammo now, and due to the impact from the combat knife his energy was just below half power. “Why don’t you give up? You lost this battle!”