What makes a good anime?

Valiant

What makes or breaks an Anime?

The story behind it.

Amazing art? Great. Excellent animation? Awesome. Shitty, uninspired story, full of cliches and plot holes? It won't get very far.

Look at AKIRA: It had all of these things; it was huge back in the day, and had a large effect on the way animation is done today.

Also: u broek rulez 1 & 2 kct!

Edited by Guest

To enjoy the anime, screw the laws of physics. Questioning it = death of catgirls.

Also, if an anime intends to have parodies of anything, might as well do it properly, like Lucky Star's Initial D parody and some of the (HOLY S*** AWESOME) parodies in Seto no Hayanome (Nagasumi = Kenshiro was awesome). Messing up them (Hayate no Gotoku, I'm looking at you, the beeps and the censor dude) destroys the flow of the anime, beeps every few seconds would inadvertedly spoil the anime.

Of course, being diverse in watching anime does help with judging (I'm the sola freak here, sort of .>" title="" />).

I think Hayate's charm in its censors was more especially for those who had been watching widely, and it would seem more appropriate and fun in the manga than the anime itself, because you can hear the person speak, and it certainly isn't pleasant for people to get interrupted (or for those listening to what they have to say).

That being said, I think Gigantic Formula might be a good watch....Yeah, I know. giant robots=no plot. It certainly seems a little like that at that point, but the development so far is doing fine.

For those who want a dose of the good ol' character designs of Dragonball Z, lots of action, predictable plot but with decent character development, Blue Dragon will be nice.

Technically, Gigantic Formula's animation was a little...fresh to my eyes since Noein. Episode 6 done, and so far I think the only things that really needs more development are the characters in it. Almost like a MAR Heaven if you ask me.

Add the Silver Tribe and the Bronze Tribe and there you have it. It isn't half bad...Not for an anime with designs done by the same person who did Destiny.