Everything about SG

Valiant

Or maybe it's just man's fascination with conquering the beast you know.. how some people have bigggg egos and they just want to dominate all

I've been meaning to say this, but that would ultimately be an undoing, especially since I believe in divine retribution. You receive the treatment in which you dish out.

Take a simple example: You take lives with the attitude of arrogant dominance as though Man can do whatever they like to nature, similarly, nature can do whatever she wants with humans. Things like Volcanic eruptions from Mount Etna and Krakatoa, the hurricane Katrina and the earthquakes that plagued various parts of the Earth can be explained with science, but I prefer to think of it as 'retribution' in some cases.

As for sharks...Well, they aren't particularly dangerous if (1) We're on land and (2) They aren't particularly hungry when we are in their territory.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it's more of a tradition issue than taste. I've noticed that trend in chinese wedding dinners, especially.

Yar, I think because shark fins used to be expensive so if you can serve them at wedding dinners it means you are well off.

And yes, I believe in karma

5 posts away!

Nowhere near 'healed', at least. . It's tiring having to limp from one place to another.

Mess steward isn't about cooking...I guess I just man the mess, clean it up here and there, help to fiddle with the entertainment systems whenever there's an event and sell duty-free beer. My cooking would probably kill half of the population in Singapore, anyway.

Hmm...'Manning' something means taking care of it and be in charge of it, I suppose. I'm mostly there to do some cleaning up, serving of ice-cold water to those thirsty people and serve beer to the officers who come in in the evening.

And yeah hannah, I agree on the point about being able to cook. I'm trying to learn, but sometimes I'm just too tired. I'm got an idea of how to do the basic stuff, though. At least I think so....

After exams, rained very heavily, so waited in school for a while. Then went to this corner coffee shop near Kovan MRT to eat "Orh Jian" (the oyster thingy) with my classmates. Also had satay. After that went to walk around at Heartland Mall. When I wanted to go home, Xinyi (my good buddy for those reading and don't know ) called and said she at Hougang Mall, so went to meet her for dinner. After that she came my house and we talked etc and I walked her to the MRT station and then I reached home, shower and used com.

LOL, this is like a blog entry