Re: A day in Aprilius

Wilhelm

Doing his best to look apologetic while offering Katsuki the serviettes, it was then that he felt rather than saw the look directed at him through the mask that the Commander was wearing. Even Malcolm, usually hard to faze with simply a look, felt the pure fear it was supposed to instill inside of him; though to a lesser degree than most he supposed.

Glancing at Delfina as he heard her chastise Commander Katsuki, an eyebrow slightly raised in surprise as she was not giving him a death stare of her own and dragging him to the barracks by his hair, Malcolm only just caught the sign language that the Lunar Wolf was using to indicate a very simple message; I’ve got my eye on you… Or perhaps ‘I’m watching you?’ Wow, is he really that interested in my career? More of a joke than innocence, Malcolm snapped his gaze straight ahead, right into the blonde hair of the man in front of him.

His arms by his side, his back perfectly straight and his chest slightly puffed out because of his posture, Mal stood at attention waiting for the Commanders to leave. He wasn’t going to say or do anything that dug him a deeper grave… not unless he was spoken to first of course.

Christoph couldn’t help but ponder if the man who introduced himself as Sieg was an evitable day dreamer as seemed to wander of into his own little world from time to time and acted somehow strangely now and then. He also noticed that the man had grown a somehow wicked smile upon his lips as he studied Christoph.

Christoph raised an eyebrow as he tried to figure out what this man was thinking when studying him. Christoph started to zip his motorcycle jacket once again now that it didn’t seem likely that there would be more commotion with the spilled coffee, he had a quick look at his watch, he realized that he was soon to report in for his ZAFT shift.

“Well it’s nice to meet you Sieg, but I have prior commitments I need to attend to and I always make sure to be there with time to spare.”

Christoph wrestled his way up from the chair he had been dragged down into, in the wriggling his ZAFT identification card made its way out from his right pocket and singled down on the table making a soft metal sound as it hit the steel table, he picked it up in a clam move and flipped it trough his fingers as he slowly placed it back into his pocket as he stood up.

Delfina lets out a sigh, and turns around to the cafe manager. She bows her head down slightly. "I'm so sorry for causing trouble for you today Mr. Wilkins." Wilkins shakes his head, "Its no problem, sometimes th leach will break when it comes to old hounds." Delfina stands back her and straightens her jacket. She gives him a nod, and crosses back to her table. "I seem to have left my hat." Passing by Malcolm, Delfina reaches over onto the top of the table, and grabs her hat. "It was nice to meet you two, and perhaps we'll see each other again. You both seem like interesting people, here is my card give me a call." Delifna pulls out two cards from her pocket, and splits them with her index finger.

Delfina was slightly embarrassed, and somewhat angry that coffee was spilled on Katsuki's uniform. It brought up another light hearted idea in her head. If his jacket was stained, what would he wear. Come to think of it, in the short amount of time Delfina knew Ray Katsuki. He had never worn civilian clothing. Delfina pauses with the two business cards still held in her fingers starting at Katsuki through the window. She kind of wondered what kind of face was hidden behind that mask.

Taking one of the two cards that had been offered to him, Malcolm quickly read what had been written upon the surface and slid it into a back pocket of his jeans where he knew it would be safe. Unless he was to sit down on some kind of wet surface and that was something he didn’t plan on happening before he reached the barracks. Glancing towards the window and at the Lunar Wolf, Mal was still finding it difficult to understand why he wasn’t being chastised at the least. Perhaps Delfina had missed the ‘slip’?

”Thank you very much Commander, perhaps I will have the honor of working with you one day.” Snapping off a salute to his Commanding Officer, paying careful respect to those above him in the chain of command, Mal stood their silently with the tips of his fingers just touching his forehead while waiting for her to either leave or give him the ‘at ease’ command. A few people stared at him, some of them muttering before returning back to their meals, but he didn’t seem to notice or care.

After seeing that the situation was moving away from a confrontation, Brian willed his body to relax. He could feel the tension leaving his body, and it felt a lot better than the tensed up feeling he had had while he was on edge. After about five seconds, he opened his eyes to a fairly pleasant surprise. Katsuki had left the cafe, though he caught a glimpse of that blasted mask outside through the window. Now that the feeling of intimidation was gone, he could feel the frustration and hostility that Katsuki inspired in him. He simply didn't like the man.

He picked up his lemonade and took a long sip from it as Delfina talked to the cafe's manager. The action relaxed him even more, and he was finally starting to feel more like he had when he had come into the cafe. A little depressed at the rain more than anything else, but otherwise curious and eager to seek out information on his new home. He began thinking about the day's events thus far as Delfina returned to the table. He missed what she said before she grabbed the hat on the table, but it did serve to bring him back to his senses for her next comment.

"It was nice to meet you two, and perhaps we'll see each other again. You both seem like interesting people, here is my card give me a call."

He blinked as he remembered his surroundings, then looked at the business cards she held out. Following her statement, however, she just stared out the window. Curious, Brian followed her gaze to find it on Commander Katsuki. He didn't really feel up to talking about the man, as he was afraid of the torrent of obscenities that even now moved closer to the surface. So he simply grabbed one of the two business cards and smiled.

"Thanks, Delfina. Despite our rude interrupter out there, I had a pleasant visit. I hope I'll see you again soon."

(((OOC: Soory if my posts aren't that good, i'm still rusty cause i haven't rpied for atleast a year now lol)))

Seig was quick to notice the small card fall card fall from Christoph's pocket, Seig's eyes focused on the object. "Ohhhh, So your a Zaft Soldier eh?" Seig caught a glimpse of the ID as it fell to the desk, making a chiming sound on impact.

"Christoph Von Crailsheim, Elite member of ZAFT" He jokingly said. "You must work hard at your job matey" Seig leaned back, whilst he slided his tea to the middle of the table. Seig was preparing to make another move to create some amusement for himself, when a small Musical Sound could be heard coming from his jacket.

'Oh joooooy, who could possibly be ringing lil' ol' me', Seig ponder as he pulled a small silver Mobile phone from his pocket. he flipped it open, as his eyes swung side to side whilst reading the Text he had received. Seig's head suddenly fell straight to the table, as he flipped the phone closed. "That .....little sister of mine......." He muttered to himself. Seig rose his head up, as he slipped the phone back into his pocket and liftedhimself from his chair. Seig laughed as he scratched his head, "Lil sisters eh....... always causing trouble", Seig walked to the counter, just behind Christoph and handed the money he owed to the waiter who held his bill.

Edited by Guest

Christoph smiled while he ran his right hand trough his hair removing the stripes of brown hair that tickled him in the face this made his ice blue eyes stand out even more against his brown hair.

“Well I work hard but I wouldn’t consider myself better then anyone else in ZAFT, I hope your sister is allright?”

Christoph prepared himself to go outside into heavy rain, he put his left hand in the motorcycle jacket pockets and raised his shoulder to protect himself from the cold that would soon hit him as he got outside.

“Well I am off Sieg, it was nice to meet you and thanks for the advice.”

Christoph reached his right hand out towards Sieg a sign of gratitude for the advice he got from him.

Edited by Guest

Seig let out a small laugh on his breath at the comment about his sister, "Thx, she's fine now........." Seig grinned "....but she won't be when i get my hands on her ......" he muttered quietly in a sarcastic tone. Seig put his wallet in his pocket, as he walked over to Christoph who was next the the door. It had seemed that the contents of the text, had woken Seig from his sleepiness, and died down his hyperactivity.

He leaned over behind the door, where there was a Umbrella Rack, from it he pulled a medium sized black umbrella. He turned back to listen to christoph who just rose his hand in a sign of gratitude. "Heh, noproblem mate, know one could survive if they don't share thier knowledge", he said as he rose his hand to shake Christoph's.

After shaking his hand, Seig looked out into the Rainstorm outside, he raised his Eyebrow as he sighed. "If theres one thing i hate more than war, it the Rain" , Seig laughed as he open his umbrella as hie walked through the doorway, "Well i'll cya around Christoph" Seig raised the Umbrella over his head, and made his way to the Car park that was near by.

"Well consider yourself lucky that you have a umbrella and don´t be to hard on your sister, after all she shares the same blood as you my friend." Christoph smiled as he turned and exited the café in slow calm walk away from the. The rain still poured over him making his almost dry hair soaking wet once again.

Ray stood outside as the black stretch limo pulled to a stop outside the cafe, the rain giving the black paint on the limo a gloss effect.

The chauffeur exited and walked hurriedly to wards the passanger door, He looked at Ray and opened his mouth like he was going to say something, then thought better of it and opened the door.

Ray entered the limo and was glad to be out of the Rain, taking in the exquisite mahogany wood and black leather inerior complete with television, drinks bar and telephone.

He looked down at his clothes he would have to change his uniform and his coat.  That kid..still you had respect the guts that took to throw coffee at the Luna wolf.

And this commander she needed to hurry up if they were going to make it to the affair at ORB..

Ah..Ray Thought.. I havent mentioned it yet.....

As he sat back casually and waited for the commander to appear..

[align=center]

Delfina lets out a small smile, as she holds up her hand and waves goodbye to her new acquaintances. “Maybe, I’ll see you some time from now, till then, goodbye you two.” Delfina felt warm inside meeting new people and having a good conversation was unusual for her. She turns around, and crosses toward the countertop. Her food was all boxed up and placed inside a plastic bag. Delfina looked around trying to thank Charles, but he seems to have been waiting on another table. She lets out a small pout, and grabs her packaged meal. “Farewell, Mr. Wilkins, I’m off to work again.”

Wilkins lets out a strong nod, while he plays with his mustache. “Have a good day, Delfi.” Delfina lets out a bright smile, she never let anyone call her Delfi since she entered middle school. Coming form Mr. Wilkins a man, she had grown accustomed to before her middle school days came like a refreshing breath of air. With her bagged meal and briefcase in each of her hands, Delfina makes her way to the doorway. It was still pouring rain outside, as a limousine pulls up to the curbside. The chauffeur had already let Katsuki enter, and it seems they were waiting for her. Delfina pushes open the glass and metal framed door, and takes a step on the wet streets. “A limousine how charming of headquarters.”

The Chauffeur once again steps out of the limousine, and rushes to the door. “Commander Schneider I presume, please allow yourself to come in milady.” Delfina felt a little odd, but keeps her happy smile on. She nods a bit, as the chauffeur opens the door showing the exceptional interior of the limousine. “Wow, they really did out did themselves, I feel like its prom night all over again….” Delfina steps inside, and takes a seat across from Katsuki. She rests her briefcase on her side, and places her plastic bag over it. The chauffeur closes the door, and returns to the driver seat. Delfina pulls a pink handkerchief from her pocket, and starts to dab the rain off her face. Her happy expression fades showing a different aspect of Delfina. She crosses her arms, and smirks showing pearly white teeth. In a professional, and mature tone, Delfina starts to speak.“So, Katsuki what is headquarters planning? They wouldn’t send a limousine to pick us up unless something special is going on.” [/align]

Edited by Guest

"Well Commander" Ray began  "If you had not gone AWOL I could have informed you that there is a large event happening in ORB, ORB foundation week to be precise" He sighed slghtly and looked at the young commander, The way she sat with her brifcase and her lunch in a bag reminded Ray of a young school girl not a soldier..almost as if she was someone else..But Who...

..The young girl was crying on the floor a skateboard some distance away, her bag emptied of its contents and the girls school uniform ruffled and a small graze on her shin. Tears welled in her eyes as he knelt by her and stroked some stands of blond hair off her face and lifted her chin so he could look her in the eye, he could see her lips move but no noise came out..Then the small mental jaunt went like a tape that had run out, he could never get it to go further than this.  but still he could never forget that look of love and trust coming from that young girls eyes..

His voice softened as he spoke with an unusual softness in his usual ice cold eyes.

"Lune we need to get back get ready and leave as soon as possible" noticing his mistake Ray's eyes returned to their usual Ice cold stare and his voice gruff again as he lentforward and tapped the glass, the chaufer opened it.

"Yes sir?" Came the reply

"Would you hurry up! we have a very important appointment and cannot be late!" he was so angry with himself how could he let that slip.  It wont happen again.

Ray sat back and looked out of the window, greeted by the reflection of his own masked face,  Its comes to something when you dont know who you are...

(OOC wilhelm if you want just gloss overthe car ride, if you need Ray to do anything ill trust ya to control him)

Edited by Guest

[align=center]

Delfina shakes her head casually, and lays back on the cushioned seat. It was nice and comfortable, but sitting inside a car, and just socializing wasn't her thing. Delfina thought to herself, as she hears Katsuki's mistake. "What did he just call me? Lune? It doesn't concern me..." She closes her eyes and clears her throat. "I was off-duty Katsuki, to be precise my duty ended at 10, this morning." Delfina was resting her eyes, she was a little tired due to the all-nighter she had just went through at the National Defense Headquarters. The last thing on Delfina's mind was Orb Foundation Week. She just wanted to ball up in her bed, and wear her pajama's for the entire week she had off from duty.

Still with her eyes close, and in a relaxed position, Delfina reaches into her jackets inner pocket. She pulls out a small silver colored aluminum cellular phone, and flips it open. Delfina quickly dials a number, and holds the phone to her ear. It rings for a few seconds before being picked up. "Schneider Residence, How may I help you?" Delfina lets out a sigh, "Bernard, this is Delfina, can you do something for me?" After a few moments pause, the elderly man lets out his reply. "Yes, what is it Lady Schneider?" Delfina opens her eyes, and turns toward the outside window. The limousine was quickly approaching the highway, its designation pretty much unknown. She crosses her legs over, and casually taps her fingers on her upper thigh. Delfina started to list off several articles of clothing to Bernard over the phone. It was a suprising amount of clothing, and shoes.  All of them were from designers in both Plant, and on Earth. After a lengthy chat with her butler, Delfina flips her phone up and lets out a sigh. Bernard her family helper would deliver her suitcase to the space port in about thirty minutes, all Delfina had to do was claim it at the main desk.

"So Katsuki, anything specific that we need to do there? Is headquarters sending anyone else, besides you?" Delfina slides her phone back into her pocket, and turns over to Katsuki. Her tone was normal staying professional without ruining her charismatic composure. "Also, why do you wear that ridiculous mask? Don't tell me you're going to wear that when we attend Orb's little festivity."

[/align]

Brian watched Delfina leave the cafe and get into a limo with Commander Katsuki. The choice of transportation left him very curious, but unfortunately there was nothing he could do now to investigate further. Even as he realized this, the driver pushed the thought home by pulling out and driving off. However, he couldn't help but give a small chuckle at the nickname he heard the manager use.

"Delfi, huh? I'd be tempted to try using it at some point if it weren't for the fact that she'd probably come back with a well aimed punch. Still, you never know when some obscure piece of information will help."

Brian stopped that train of thought for a moment, then smiled, lowered his head toward the table and laughed softly, this time at himself. He mentally admonished himself for thinking things over a bit too much.

"What are you, Sherlock Holmes? You're not investigating anyone and would probably do a horrible job if you tried."

He finally stopped laughing and looked up to find a waiter with Brian's food, looking at him with a strange expression as though Brian was an escaped mental patient. Looking back, though, perhaps he looked like one: laughing to himself spontaneously, alone at a table. He quickly recovered and took the food. He looked it over and found that it looked really good. For the first time since Commander Katsuki had entered the room, however, he felt his hunger again, but this time it felt like his stomach was eating itself. Brian fought off the urge to gulp down the soup and took a spoonful, trying a little of it tentatively. The soup was still very hot, so he set the spoon aside and focused his efforts on the cheese sandwich instead.

Ethan walked briskly along the line of buildings beside the road, under the shelters.

He hated the rain, or more specifically, the humidity associated with it. It made him feel rather sticky under his heavy jacket and long pants, a feeling he could really do without. He noticed a limo driving away, and turned his head for a better look, but the tinted windows refused to reveal anything.

Frowning, he decided to stop off at the next cafe for a break; it was at least an hour before his taxi was due to arrive, and a hot drink and food would be nice.

Entering the cafe and looking around, Ethan saw a familiar face from the recruitment center, and made a note to catch up for a chat, after he'd ordered something.

Approaching the counter, Ethan grimaced at the exorbitant price of the food here... or everywhere really, since he'd left prison. Making note of his rather empty wallet, he decided on a large plate of chips and a cup of coffee.

Thanking the waitress, he picked up his meal and moved towards "the guy", who had begun working his way through a cheese sandwich.

"Hey mate, mind if I sit here?" Ethan inquired, grinning.

Edited by Guest

[OOC: Hope this one's good...or at the very least logical.]

The downpour was unexpected. After all, it had only been sunny a few moments ago.

It wasn't that he did not like the rain, but he had never been completely comfortable in Aprilius. There was hardly anyone he knew here-Friends, relatives, family....

At least, there wasn't anyone he would be willing to acknowledge as a relative even if they were truly related, considering the fact that they had known about the hell his mother had been through yet sat on the fence, despite the fact that it was clear who was in the wrong.

If it hadn't been for the order from that old geezer... he grated mentally, cursing the fact that he had been late to report for duty, allowing his superior the chance to toss him headlong into some procession that had something to do with ORB. This was one instance where he hated himself for not being a nitpicker for details.

"This must be some kind of joke..." Landis Exel Zenastan, all of 19 muttered, wondering if the gods who played this cruel joke on him were laughing at their little masterpiece done on him.

Still, Landis took his time, even as he saw the nearest shelter-A cafe-barely a dozen yards ahead of him. It was the rain that encouraged reminiscence of the good times in the past. It was the rain which allowed him to stay freshly sober even when he felt everything was the end of the world. It was-

He stopped, realising that there was a ghost of a smile on his face and that there was finally a roof over his head. Sighing, Landis took the nearest empty seat he could find and plopped down. The sound of a limousine driving off took his attention for a moment, but he simply stared disinterestingly at it and turned back to give as amiable a smile as he could muster to the waitress who was ready to take his order.

"Hey mate, mind if I sit here?" The voice was only a table away, but since there was nothing he could do about his predicament yet, Landis' ears pricked up just to listen to a possible conversation. People had told him it was a nasty habit, but instead of "eavesdropping", as they so aptly put, Landis preferred the term "Listening to a normal conversation between people so as to determine their status as well as their personalities, so as to better judge a person."

Of course, it was just an excuse for him. Besides, the truth was that he really had nothing better to do while waiting for his refreshments.

Edited by Guest

Ray turned to face his commander his voice in its usual melancholy state, fighting the urge not to say anything about the amazing amount of clothes the woman was taking...

"No commander nothing specific just a meet and greet smile for some pictures, There is an offer on the table to take some sort of float for the parade but this is at your discretion" his body posture became slightly irate at themention of his mask, leaning forward slightly he spoke again his voice barely above a whisper.

"Perhaps I do not wear the mask, perhaps it wears me, and yes I will be wearing it to orbs Little party" He paused slightly "As the powers that be have decided I shall attend this thing it would please me if we could complete this journey in silence"

"IS this okay with you "commander" His voice heavy once more with sarcasm

[align=center]Delfina crosses her legs, and looks out the window again. The Surface elevator leading up to the space port was starting to get closer. "I see; I don't mind the mask, just don't act ill towards any of the Orb Parliment." She looks to her side, at her packaged meal. She was slightly hungry, but it could wait for the shuttle ride. Delfina holds her hand over her stomach in an attempt to mask her stomach's growling.

The Driver pulls off the highwaytowards the front of the surface elevator. There were a lot of vehicles as usual, most were tourists, or students going and returning from school trips. Delfina lets out a smile, as she looks at the students. "Its been so long, but it still feels like I should still be wearing that uniform.." Within a few minutes, thelimousinee pulls to the curbside, as a few Zaft soldiers waiting rush over in a hurry. The crowd of people stop and take a look at who was worth the added security. "We've arrived, please gather your things." The engine turns off, while the driver's door can be heard opening and closing.

Delfina looks out the side, and pulls her hat over her head. She tucks a few locks of her hair into the cap, and puts on a serious face. She grabs her briefcase, and paper bag. "Lets go...Katsuki, I think the others are waiting for us." She crosses over to the door, as a soldier quickly opens it. It was a young man around the age of fifteen. He was nervous, as he looks down at Delfina's step out of the doorway. His hand shakes a bit holding the umbrella above the doorway. "Thank you..." Delfina steps out, and starts to walks toward the surface elevator without waiting for Katsuki. A few soldiers follow Delfina, while others wait for Katsumi. The crowd stands in shock, expecting a pop star or political dignitary to exit the vehicle. Within minutes Delfina exits into the surface elevator.

[/align]

OCC: I'm going ahead of you Ray, going to get this started to so we can get to Orb.

OOC: Sorry Blatt, DragonDamiyo. I'm going ahead first.

Landis frowned, turning his attention away from the conversation. It was yet another bad habit of his: Being unable to concentrate on certain things that he had little real interest in, especially errands of an administrative nature. Riveting his attention onto the roads and the cars passing by even as the downpour continued.

Is this how a city looks like to a civilian, sitting here and enjoying a meal while surveying his surroundings...? He had always felt that his childhood had been stolen, snatched from him by that person, and now ironically, he was in the organisation where that person worked in. Landis had hoped he would never run into him. So far, his prayers have seemingly been answered...Though his path to graduation from the academy was suspiciously smooth.

Could he recall anything happy from his childhood? Perhaps, but everytime he did so, he was reminded of the pain that came after, the consequences unforeseen which left a rather permanent scar across his heart. What good was it to think about the happy times? Reminiscing about them was a waste of time.

He shook his head as a melancholic smile graced his handsome features, at the same time sweeping his glance back to his unfinished beverage. As he did so, it swept by the watch on his right hand as well.

Landis froze and slowly glanced at it again, as though it was something so shocking that he had no intention of believing it.

Ten minutes to the appointed time.

Standing up in a hurry, Landis swiftly shoveled the rest of the food on his plate and consumed his drink in one gulp while maintaining a seemingly cool composure as much as he could. No longer thinking about the accursed superior who had thrown him into this mess, Landis gathered his trenchcoat about him and hurriedly hailed a taxi. Literally thowing himself in after informing the driver of his destination, the young man sighed.

How did it come to this...?