Transformers Break

“So those are called donuts? Fascinating…”

Science Officer Perceptor navigated this “internet” Hound talked about in his lab as he stared at a picture of the treat. He wondered what the purpose of the round item truly was.

A few weeks had passed since the Ravages attacked the wreckage of the Hope, no one even finding the ship since. Hound told the group that their ship was stuck at the bottom of Mt. Bison, apart of a rarely traveled forest range in Washington State. Nevertheless, Perceptor wanted to prepare, using the invisibility technology from the ship itself to cover the hole in the cargo hold with a very realistic looking mountainside.

Their first act of business was to take care of the dead. While Skids’ condition hasn’t changed, it was too late for the rest. Since Cybertronian funeral customs were not possible at the time, the group decided to follow Earth’s customs, burying them along a nearby evergreen tree line. Perceptor had learned much about Earth’s customs in fact. The internet and Hound continued to give him a good idea of how the organics, humans, lived their lives.

“What did you think of this Y2K problem when it happened?” 

Perceptor didn’t even look away from the Teletraan Mobile as he asked this. Hound stood across from him, tapping one of the beakers filled with a sloppy gray liquid. “Oh, well a lot of the humans ended up getting scared of it. My owners even got me a little freaked out!”

Hound was thankful he had been taken care of by them over the years, but he knew there wasn’t a way to return to them without causing issues. Besides, being at the Hope was much more important to him.

“I was worried it could affect a bot like me, but nothing really ended up happening, mostly due to preparation by computer wiz’s!” The green Autobot glanced at another beaker, this one filled with soil. “I mean, what if it got into my head from I’d use the internet? My circuits could’ve been scrambled!”

“You might be giving the human’s creations too much credit, Hound.”

The Jeep’s databanks showed him his times when he was in the Earth’s war, doing what humans called “remembering”.

“I don’t think you give them enough credit…”

Hound’s mood quickly shifted once a certain metal bird made a strange noise through the hallways, perching on Hound’s shoulder. “Buzzsaw!” He exclaimed, petting the drone. Perceptor had decided to melt down the drones using a service machine intended for Energon mixing. The dead Rumbles, Frenzies, and Ravages all got dumped in the mixer, but Hound opted to keep the Laserbeak drone, giving it a new black and yellow color scheme along with some rotors to replace the wings. Apparently, one of Perceptor’s parts used to fix the drone’s head looked like a buzzsaw, so Hound give it the perfect name.

“Coast is clear, buddy?” The Sergeant asked him, the bird using the spinning saw embedded from its torso to communicate back. Perceptor finally looked back at the two with an annoyed, but thankful demeanor. “Such a bizarre creature, but it’s proven useful. Would’ve been a waste to melt it.” Unfortunately, most of the scrap from the drones had to be used to keep the ship’s power on, since Overcharge couldn’t be used as a permanent source. However, the red Transformer was able to make a few weapons for him and Hot Shot.

“Well? He said yes, Perceptor. It’s time for you to see this beautiful world in person! Well, in Cybertronian.” Hound’s words made the Science Officer ecstatic. Since all the work on the Hope took up their time, none of the Hope’s original crew had made it far outside of Mt. Bison.

“All Autobots, please report to the Teletraan Mobile!”

Perceptor had managed to get the intercom on the Hope back online a while ago, calling this out all around the ship to wherever Overcharge and Hot Shot might be. He knew they wouldn’t waste time getting to his lab though.

Today was the day they’d become robots in disguise.

Edited by FrostyFoster
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Collab

Overcharge was excited to establish contact with the local sentience. He had been hanging out with Hound and hearing all his stories about the humans and their way of life. While the circunstances behind the Hope's arrival to Earth were tragic, it was a far more interesting place than Krogo VI, as described by the Sargeant. Particularly, the locals had a more recent civilization than the Cybertronians, but they were advanced enough to start gathering in urbanized settlements not unlike the cities he had fought in, centuries ago.

“Ah! There you are, Overcharge!” Perceptor watched as the Corporal joined him and Hound. The red Autobot was curious to see what type of contraption Overcharge wished to transform into. “Today’s the day you’ll finally pick a disguise.” The display showed an array of vehicles, from small buggy’s to large semis. “You can pick now. I’ve already chosen.”

Hound stared intently while the Science Officer transformed into… a large microscope? “It’s actually similar to my Cybertronian alt mode. Just perfect for me!” The massive microscope stated to the two. The only response from Hound was a sigh. “Something like that may have worked back home, but microscopes aren’t that big here…” Hound stated, pointing at the view screen. “You’re gonna have to pick a vehicle too, cause that’s far from a disguise.”

Changing back into his Robot form, Perceptor surrendered his idea. “I’m not too experienced with driving, but if you think I should… Nevertheless, I’ll still let Overcharge pick something first.”

Hot Shot watched the group. He was excited and couldn't wait to pick. He watched the rest of the group giddy as he looked at each of them. 

“Come on get those gears moving! I'm excited to look at these Human vehicles! And I'm equally excited to see what you bots pick!" You could see hot shots gears turning as the ideas spun around in his head.

Given the opportunity to choose, Overcharge stepped forward and looked for the one. This was not a decision to take lightly, given that appearances were very important to humans. For that purpose, he had made up his mind a while ago. His optics scoured the screen, looking for those special vehicles Hound had told him about. When they landed on a full-size sedan, painted yellow with checkers and bright signs advertising a human-edible item, he knew it had to be that one. Overcharge then made his best effort to adopt it as its alt mode, getting the smallest details right... and overlooking the biggest red flag: he was still teal. Excited, he exclaimed: "This will allow me to get up close and personal with them!" One of his roles being infiltration, the teal Autobot figured taxis served his purpose of gathering information just right.

Hound also felt the taxi was a good choice for him. “I like the design. It’ll fit well in Oaklio.” Perceptor realized then that he hadn’t let the entire team know where exactly they would even be going! “Oh goodness, I haven’t told you two about our destination yet!” Using this opportunity, he brought up pictures on the Mobile. Evergreen trees stood tall around a small town, but the picture quality wasn’t too clear for more details.

“Oaklio is the closest town west of Mt. Bison. Hound says it’s size will be perfect for more analysis of the organics, but I’m getting ahead of myself. We’ll see it soon enough.” Bringing the pictures of vehicles back up, he continued. “Hot Shot. You can pick next.”

“Actually, Perceptor. I think we should just get yours out of the way.” Hound went up to the keyboard to bring up various larger scaled vehicles for the Science Officer. While not a huge Autobot by any means, Perceptor was the biggest of the group. Plus, the shoulder scope would need to be accounted for in this new mode.

Still bummed that the microscope isn’t going to work, Perceptor spent more time trying to pick the perfect mode. “I have an idea!” The red Autobot quickly transformed into a red SUV in the middle of the three. As for the scope, it contracted and folded atop of the roof, looking as if they were human supplies. “That took quite a bit of finessing, but I think I got it.” Transforming back, Perceptor knew he had to get used to his new body, even though stylistically it wasn’t too different. “I apologize, Hot Shot. You can choose now.”

Hot Shot raced forward after everyone picked their vehicles it was finally his turn and he knew what he wanted.... Or he thought after seeing the various cars and body styles he got stuck. He flipped through the images over and over. It took him some time but he finally came to a mode he could be proud of. It was sleek stylish and most importantly fast.

“Hot Shot scanned the vehicle and quickly transformed to show off his new jet back tuner car with some green accents. He rev'd his engine and yelled out as as his tired spun around. 

“Woohoo! Man have I got the need for speed!" He spun his whole chassis around then transformed back into bot mode which looked for the most part the same as before.

• Like 1

“I believe everyone is now ready for our adventure.” Switching off the computer, Perceptor began to transform, only for Hound to put his hand out. “Not quite, buddy.” Hound stated as he transformed. The Jeep then suddenly created a human out of thin air in the driver’s seat! 

“Wait! That’s not how the organics create life! Unless…”

Upon further inspection, Perceptor realized the human was nothing but a lifelike hologram. Hound’s was styled like himself, having a standard military crew cut and a camo jacket on. “There’s no way we’ll be able to get away with not having drivers.” The Jeep’s hologram exclaimed, surprising the Science Officer. “I’ve studied holograms for a while, but they’re still very limited. Can’t leave the seat or do much else beside look like they’re driving. I’d be best if humans didn’t get TOO close of a look at them.”

Perceptor was concerned about the holograms, but was still thankful the green Autobot would be able to relay this tactic onto them. “Well then, Autobots. It is time to roll out.”

The invisibility tech to hide the Hope worked like a charm as the four drove out of the mountain. Buzzsaw sat in the passengers seat of Perceptor, his holo staring directly forward. It seemed the red Cybertronian was correct in his assessment that the holo’s design were dependent on their personality, with Hound calling his “nerdy”. Big glasses, a black sweater with a buttoned up shirt underneath, and brown hair with a speck of gray to it were the most obvious standouts to the Science Officer. 

The ride out of the forest was bumpy even for the SUV, making him wonder if Overcharge and Hot Shot had it worse. Nevertheless, it wasn’t long until the four made it to a main road. Perceptor was thankful the smooth trek, even through the road was quite windy, going on the side of smaller mountains and tunnels. The delicacy of the landscape amazed the Science Officer, with Hound even taking in some of the beauty.

About an hour passed as the group finally made it to their destination, Oaklio. Like the blurry picture showed, the town was surrounded by evergreen trees, with a majority of the buildings looking like they were made of wood. “Oaklio. Population: 18,476. Officially established in 1901, the town is getting ready for its 100th anniversary.” Perceptor communicated with the group through each of their radios, something Hound also taught them. 

The SUV listed off many aspects that seemed typical of a smaller town like this. “It’ll be useful to ‘people watch’, as Hound called it.” The four, parked atop a hill that lowered into the town, started to make their way down, only for Hound to speak up. “We should probably split up. I just realized our little convoy driving together might cause a few heads to turn.”

“Good idea, Hound.” Perceptor said as the four officially turned into the city. “We’ll keep in tough with our radios in case anything goes wrong.” Perceptor took a right at a stop sign, with Hound taking a left. 

While he was extremely interested in studying the humans, the Science Officer read about a myth pertaining to the town. While Perceptor believed in , not myths, something about the idea of a white lion piqued his interest…

• Like 1

Excited to finally speak to a real human, Overcharge eagerly followed Hound, Perceptor and Hot Shot through the forest. While his own experience with his past alt mode helped him traverse the terrain with more ease than his fellow crewmembers, the land yacht he had based his new appearance on was less willing to negotiate with dirt and mud. As they found a paved road, the land yacht in him found itself grateful for the softer ride. Inside, a there was a holo of a well-built man with receding blonde hair, wearing aviator sunglasses and a black jacket with an orange shirt. Having watched a movie about a flying taxi driver and a woman with red hair, this was Overcharge's idea of an average American cabbie.

Wanting to look his best for his first human passenger, the teal Bot had stored some energy within himself, planning to use it to clean his exterior when no eyes were looking his way. He found his chance at the end of a tunnel they were driving on - as he drove out of it, Overcharge purged the drying mud and the dust. However, when his optics adjusted to the light, he was met with a sight far more beautiful than his own clean bonnet: Earth's beautiful landscape. Mesmerized by it, the Autobot said almost nothing during their journey.

When they arrived in Oaklio, he regained his speech. This city was apparently not as advanced as the one in the movie. For one, there were no hovercars, which allowed him and the others to blend in all the better. When Sargeant Hound proposed they split up and keep talking over the radio, Overcharge agreed and headed for the center. The first order of the day was to get a feel for the surroundings and layout of the town. Reconnaisance was his job after all! Oblivious, the Autobot Corporal paraded around the settlement, having forgotten his top light on as he memorized landmarks, observed other vehicles and tried to follow traffic rules. Hmmm. I should've left a little dirt on. 12% dirt seems to be fashionable around here.

• Like 1

Hot shot was too busy admiring himself to listen to Basically anything else that was said but when he did tune in he got the jist. Make an organic hologram and blend in. He made his hologram look like one of those action heros you see in racing movies, bald with normal clothes but very muscular. 

For the time they drove off road Hot shot had a rough time he wasn't fully built for that and the off road time was getting dirt and mud all over him something he wasn't a fan of. Once they got to the pavement he was more then happy he sped up and raced ahead till he had no idea where they were going so he slowed down and put himself behind the hound. 

After they reached the town it was suggested they look around and observe. Hot Shot liked that idea! He sped off in any direction telling the other bots to eat his dust. 

"Sounds good! Don't blame me if I learn more than you bots do!" At first he was racing around but realized if he got caught by the local authorities it could be an issue. Because of that, Hot Shot slowed his pace. After a while Hot Shot found a car show showing a plethora of muscle cars and tuners. As he looked around he knew this was his kind of place. He found a place and parked his heavily tinted windows to help him not be as noticed as he listened into passing by organics.

• Like 2

“No one has yet claimed the attack, but the President has announced…”

A somewhat functioning tv sat in the corner of a coffee shop, showing a headline saying “UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT DOWNS THREE US JETS” alongside footage of the wreckage. No one in the shop is really playing attention to the program though, especially two patrons closest to the front door.

“You know, maybe if you took things seriously, you’d finally get a job that didn’t involve garbage every day.” The woman took a sip of her coffee after pushing her shoulder length black hair aside, the light brown latte matching her skin tone. She dressed much more professionally then the person sitting across from her, his ripped jeans and faded leather jacket clashing with her business blouse.

“Hey! Garbage collectors keep this town clean! I think I oughta get some respect!” Suddenly, a black and green sports car sped across the coffee shop, easily noticed by the two. “Isn’t that your dream car, Trent? How are you gonna get one of those on your salary?” The girl stated, finishing her drink. 

“Well, luckily I know this girl named Kate who can help out with the payments.” His frosted tips stood tall as he spoke, confident in his master plan for a sport car. Like the military jets on the news though, this was immediately shot down. “Yeah right, you’re not getting a penny for some loud death trap like that!” The two’s teasing stopped as they both laughed, smiling at each other.

“Heh, where would I be without you?” Trent threw some money on the table, following Kate out of the shop as the tv zoomed in on an extremely grainy photo. The newscasters argued about what the triangular shaped vehicle was, ignoring the faint purple logo on the side of it…

The couple held hands as they walked down the streets of Oaklio, various small shops adorning the land. While the town wasn’t packed, a good amount of people walked and drove around the cities famous landmark, Trent and Kate not even looking at the statue they’ve seen a thousand times. What did catch their attention was the newspaper stand near them. The front page talked about a strange power outage in one of the towns north of Oaklio.

“I swear, something’s been going on these past couple of weeks. Like, something weird…” Kate uttered quietly.

“Who knows, maybe aliens are attacking. OooOooOoo!” Trent wiggled his fingers while they walked past a red SVU in a parking lot, making Kate scoff and chuckle. “You said ALIENS, not ghosts. Aliens aren’t as spooky… are they?”

The SVU pointed itself directly at the statue, it’s driver staring intently at the massive white lion made out of oak. “It’s preposterous, Buzzsaw. Lions are not native to North America.” The metal bird hid itself in the passengers seat as Perceptor’s holo adjusted its glasses. The metal plaque gave more detail about the painted craving, talking about how a white lion protected the natives for many years from threats, only for it to disappear a few hundred years ago. The Science Officer wondered how such a crazy myth could’ve even started.

The couple continued their trek, with Kate noticing an Army Jeep parked in a nearby alley. “Wait a minute, how about you become a military man? We could travel the world that way.” Trent definitely didn’t feel the same way. “You gotta chillax, girl. I don’t like the idea some Army guy being in control of my life… wait, I got it!” 

Kate jumped up at the raised voice. “What? You got a good job idea?” 

“No, not about that. I think we should go to the movies. Get your mind off of this ‘job hunt’ thing. Not a fan of you trashing my work, pun intended.” Trent smiled at his clever choice of words. “You know I’m teasing you, honey. Buuuuut, maybe you could had bright idea before he walked home, the theater is all the way across town now!” 

Out of the corner of his eye, Trent found a solution to their predicament. “TAXI!” He called out to the teal taxi driving down the road, standing in the road waving his hand out, Kate had to pull him back onto the sidewalk. “You’re gonna get yourself killed! Let the taxis do their job.” As the two got inside of the cab, Trent didn’t waste any time. “The movie theater, please.” He exclaimed to the strangely familiar looking taxi driver.

• Like 1

Called out, Overcharge was forced to a halt by an unlikely pair of a scruffy-looking man and a businesswoman. "Teh! I wasn't ready!", he said over the radio before both of them entered the passenger compartment. Not even giving him time for a "Good morning", the man ordered his cabbie to take both of them to the movie theater. Thinking of how best to manage the situation, he turned off incoming communications, so that the humans would not hear his team, but kept transmitting, so that his team could be aware of his own situation. "Oh, yeah, the movie theater. Haha. I know where that is..." Disoriented, he started driving around the central district and hoped the humans would entertain themselves long enough for him to find the thing on his own.

As the driver made his way down the street, Trent thought about what Kate had said before, although there wasn’t much to think about. Once she made it clear she wasn’t too fond of his job, Trent knew he had to find a compromise. “Is Final Destination out? The trailer for it seemed ok.” Kate asked him, breaking him out of his trance.

“I think so? We’re gonna have to check when we get there.” Trent turned away from the girl and back to the window, ending the discussion quick. “Honey.” She stated once she realized something was wrong. “I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings, but I-“

“So how long have you been a driver?” Trent called out to Overcharge’s holo, hoping to steer the conversation away from what Kate was saying. “I haven’t seen a teal taxi here. Kinda catches your attention since it’s different.”

The hologram of Mr. Dallas appeared surprised when the man used him to divert the conversation from his own personal issues. Particularly, he was taken aback by the fact the teal was unusual for a taxi. Hound hadn't said anything about that when he picked his alt mode. "Is that so... no, nevermind, that's what we want. We're new here... a new company. We figured the teal would be great because people will want to try something new. Glad it's working." As per usual, Overcharge was able to come up with an excuse quickly, but perhaps it was too elaborate. As they talked, he kept roaming the streets, looking for the theater.

Leaning forward to hear the driver better, Trent couldn’t help but shake the familiarity of the driver. “Man, he kinda looks like Bruce Willis!” Mr. Frosted Tips thought to himself. Kate, on the other hand, could tell the cab was new. It didn’t smell terrible like most cabs, although Trent bringing the garbage smell with him could’ve attributed to it. What also caught her attention was the fact that the driver didn’t seem to know exactly where the theater actually was.

“We’ve passed the pharmacy already. Are you sure you know where the theater is?” She asked the holo. “You better not be trying to scam us, cause I will-“ Trent put his hand out, once again trying to change a conversation. “Like he said, he’s new. Just give him some time… just take a left up here.”

“Oh, yeah, sorry. Left." The car, heading in a different direction, swerved to change course. Fortunately, no cars were on its way, but it was a rather sudden move for the passengers. However, before they could say anything, the theater was immediately in sight, and the teal taxi had parked right in front. "Well, I truly hope you've enjoyed your trip." the holo said pleasantly, while the rear right door opened on its own for the passengers to exit the vehicle. "Safe travels, friend!"

“Keep the change!” Trent (thankfully) put the money on the middle armrest instead of handing it to the hollow holo. While Kate wasn’t a fan of the drive, they at least made it there in one piece.

Until the robotic Stegosaurus showed up.

The dinosaur, adorned in an ugly puke green and magenta paint scheme, was bigger than the average SOUNDWAVE drone, but still smaller than any of the Autobots. It was only a few seconds between the stego jumping off the theater’s balcony and the hood of Overcharge, slamming down on him with his claws.

Dozens of civilians screamed as they ran from the scene, all except for Trent and Kate, who hid behind the ticket till. “I-I-what the hell is that?!?!” Trent yelled, only for Kate to cover his mouth. “Shhh! You want it to eat us or something?” Kate squinted at the writing on the side. The lettering was clearly not English, Russian, or anything from this planet that she knew of. To Cybertronians though, this said one thing. 

Slugfest.

• Like 1

For a few seconds after Trent and Kate had gotten out of the car, the holo was left staring at the green bills. Ah, my first wad of Statesian currency! What could I buy with this? Perhaps a new spaceship? Who said we have to fix the Hope? It then dawned upon him that he had no way to interact safely with the rectangular pieces of paper. On second thought, maybe I should just hand these and any others over to Perceptor, see what he makes of this raw resource.

While he blocked the street, contemplating what to do with the proceeds of his new job, another Decepticon drone attacked, this one fairly more menacing than the last. Rudely leaving a big recess on his hood and roaring over him, Overcharge quickly fought back. "What's wrong with you really?! I can't even complete a fare?!" he exclaimed before siphoning energy off the nearby energy lamps and transformer boxes. He didn't really have a need for more energy, but instead wanted to stun the stego, which was between him and the energy sources.

In addition, he directed some of his stored energy outwards to help in his attack. Hopefully, this would be enough to at least get the robo-dino off him. As he did this, he called for his friends on the radio. "Sargeant! Private! Scienceofficer! A drone is attacking me next to the theater! We need to get this bogey out of the town so we can kick the scrap out of him somewhere nice and quiet!"

• Like 1