.hack//G.U. Vol. 1 Rebirth

Kokoru Himura

I'm getting sucked into the .hack// phenomenon as well, but I don't want to get the game only because I'll have PSU to keep me busy (plus I never played the original .hack// series, so I'd feel kinda lost).  Most of my addiction to the series is from its various manga incarnations.  .Hack//legend of the twilight, .Hack//Ai buster, .Hack//Another Birth, and I'm looking to get more if I can find them.

I'd still like to know more about this game though, like how the battle system actually works and such.  I've never seen the .hack// games iin action before, so I wouldn't mind hearing your guys' impressions of it.

Hey, I wonder if they already have it here! It is already Oct 24 here.

@liubei03

I already have the FFXII Ahead of time. The guy who sold it might have had a torrent for it.

And do you play dynasty warriors? I can tell by your user name.

@fuku with nodachi

How does //Roots look like? Is it any good?

@Kaizer

Uh, PSU? There are also new manga for GU, GnU, GU+. I can't remember the other one though.

Kokoru: I mean I bought it legitimately, not the leaked version that seem to be spreading in Asia.  :P

And yes, I have played Dynasty Warriors from 3 on up, and its spin off, Dynasty Tactics 1 & 2.

PSU =Pantasy Star Universe

.hack//Roots cover, for the most part, the events leading up to GU vol.1...but the pacing starts a bit rushed then slow down to a snail's pace during the latter half. (At least .hack//Legend of the Twilight was amusing in comparison) >_>  (And Haseo reminds me of another angsty character *cough*Shinnasuka*cough*...)

Fuku: I finished .hack//Roots...I agree, it was so damn slow. (some eps were almost as bad as 'fillers')  .hack//sign was good, though it was hard to understand half, if not most of what was going on the first time around. 

Kaizer: From the looks of things, there are references made to the first 'era' of .hack, but not so much that you have to go back and familiarize yourself with everything.  (Different characters, different version of 'The World', etc.)  Hmm...I have yet to read those novels you mentioned though.

Brickster: Finished the 3rd and 4th games yet?  I found them to be the most interesting ones since things really pick up.

hmmm.... more .hack// manga, I must go scour the local manga shops (or at least I would, if I wasn't going to buy the aforementioned PSU game tommorow ((aka the 24th)) ).  Also, I wouldn't mind seeing //Roots, does it have a manga series as well?

Also, Kaizer points towards the Phantasy Star Universe (aka PSU) thread.  It comes out on the 24th as well, so it will be nice to see which one ends up selling quicker, as they are 2 of the biggest releases around at this time of year, with only FFXII for competition, and they get a weeks head start against it.

PSU = Online RPG that's trying to have a cool single player mode

.Hack//G.U. = Offline game that pretends to be an online game

Which one will win 

PS: Oh, and Legend of the Twilight is a follow up to the original game's storyline, featuring online reincarnations of many of its main characters (Mistral, Kite, Blackrose), Ai buster covers the events that lead to the beginning of the .Hack//sign series (as well as some other side stories that lead to Legend of the Twilight), and //Another Birth tells the original game's storyline from Blackrose's POV.

.hack//Roots cover, for the most part, the events leading up to GU vol.1...but the pacing starts a bit rushed then slow down to a snail's pace during the latter half. (At least .hack//Legend of the Twilight was amusing in comparison) >_> (And Haseo reminds me of another angsty character *cough*Shinnasuka*cough*...)

I quoted myself...oh noes.