Re: The Aussie Corner

winders

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh.

Seriously mate, if you intend to study uni or something in a year (after your deferr) you might have a little trouble getting into a study routine.  Most people i know go straight into higher ed while they're still in school mode, that way they don't have to strugle with getting into a routine.

Yeah I know what you mean, just finished my first year of uni, and I've got horrible study habits, so it was a pain... I'm just gettin so damn bored of studying, so I picked up a job, and I wanna work for a year, get a car, new comp, a Wii, yknow, some cool stuff.

Struth, lets really get into it.

Need a place to live: got a flat=rent; house=martgage or rates

Car: Fuel, maintenance, insurance, rego etc

Food

bugga that, theres too much to go...why cant everything just be free?  and the taxes!  You know the government already has half a cent tax per litre of fuel and then they slap the GST on top of that!?

Although the GST has done some good stuff, before it came in stuff that had the other tax (cant remember what it was) was more ecpensive- with the GST its cheaper now.

Honestly, anyone know the Australian constitution?  Know that the tax department isn't even supposed to exist because the queen didn't sign off on it or something like that...legally we don't have to pay tax.

Really? I'll ask my dad he used to work in the tax department in the government or somethin' like that lol.

GST has indeed made stuff more expensive, but it also has given the government much needed funding for other projects that relate back to the community, schools for example.

My grandparents are going back to Melb. later on today, so i get my room back, YAY!1

Then my sis is on schoolies and i might get the place to myself (at least during the day )  Still another week or so before i can resume the daytime visits

You finished year 12 this year didn't you Yan?  You doing schoolies?

*shudder* Spiders...feral disgusting hairy bleh.

Outrageous!!!!!!!!1

Flamin Austar has put in a new channel for digital viewers- the Sci-Fi channel...it has all the good Sci-Fi stuff, Star Trek, Stargate etc.  and now that they have the Sci-Fi channel, they're pulling those shows off the normal channels...us analogue viewers can't watch those shows anymore!  If we want to see them, we have to upgrade to digital- there is no way we're paying extra to get another 50 channels of nothing just so we can see that one channel!

Now that they're pulling those shows off, there's no point in us having Austar anymore...

Congratulations Austar, you idiots just lost a valued ten-year customer.