Re: United Emirates of Orb Help Desk

Valiant

Demetrius walked into the bland but clean room and composed himself before he walked up to the help desk.

"Morning.  I wish to enlist with the forces of the United Emirates of Orb.  Here's my application," Demetrius stated softly but clearly as he placed a sheet of paper on the desk.

App/Profile: http://www.adventdestiny.com/index.php/topic,205.0.html

"Is there anything else that I need to do such as statement of intentions or my reasons for joining?" he asked politely and calmly, betraying no anxiety whatsoever.

Jase had entered the room with multiple Orb officers so he walked up to the local desk and sat."Hello am here to join the Orb Military here is my resume "Said as he handed the man his resume

http://www.adventdestiny.com/index.php/topic,138.0.HTML."My reason for appling is I have believed in neutrality and lived here for my whole life so I believe to keep the things I love as they are I must be willing to protect all not just my friends and family "he stopped and continued"so this is my reason for joining Orb's Military force".

[OOC: We wish to make it clear that no character approvals will be made in this thread unless/until Valiant says otherwise. This thread is for prospective Orb members to post their interest (actual applications will be duly noted, but cannot be acted upon yet) and ask questions about the faction that they feel have not been addressed by the "Storyline" and "Faction and Nations" section (links at the Navigation box at the left).

However, until the actual application process has been established, I (personally) intend to review the contents of this thread to check three things: a) quantity and identities of prospective Orb members, b) role-play ability, and c) knowledge of the site rules and regulations, in order to assist the Faction Leaders in future decisions regarding character applications to Orb.

In this manner, I would like to make several things clear for this thread:

1. Advent Destiny members do not need to have a character profile to post here.

This is, after all, an information desk. You may still inquire even if your loyalties lie elsewhere, or find that Orb is not the faction for you, as your questions may be relevant for prospective applicants to Orb.

2. Role-Playing in this thread is optional, but highly encouraged.

You don't have to role-play to ask questions, but if you do, keep in character (if you already have a profile up) and follow role-playing conventions mentioned in the Rules ("Getting Started" link at the Navigation box, left). Note that role-plays made here do not carry over into the actual Advent storyline (i.e. Characters who meet here will still not know each other when the RP actually starts.).

3. Stay on topic.

This is still a help desk, so be aware that posting for the sake of role-playing may be held against you. Always contribute, whether by asking a question or answering one from another contributor.

4. Read everything.

It takes a toll on us to answer the same question over and over, especially questions that have already been addressed in the guides Valiant has painstakingly created. However, this is not to say that something that has already been asked should not be asked again; rather, this is to say that should the answer not be clear to you, you are more than welcome to ask for a re-explaination, but make sure to indicate what exactly is unclear.

5. Do not ignore Faction Leader posts.

It goes without saying that Faction Leader posts are required to answer your questions, but the reverse is also true: when the Faction Leaders request information from you, you are expected to respond. Of course, we understand that you may not be able to respond as soon as we both wish, but a response must eventually be made.

That will be all, thank you.

~ Rad

Edited by Guest

Demetrius walked into the bland but clean room and composed himself before he walked up to the help desk.

"Morning. I wish to enlist with the forces of the United Emirates of Orb. Here's my application," Demetrius stated softly but clearly as he placed a sheet of paper on the desk.

App/Profile: http://www.adventdestiny.com/index.php/topic,205.0.html

"Is there anything else that I need to do such as statement of intentions or my reasons for joining?" he asked politely and calmly, betraying no anxiety whatsoever.

Representative Rad Rider-Kamakura looks up at the barely-older man, flashing a brilliant star-quality smile. His posture is relaxed, leaning over the desk and the paperwork resting on it, tapping his pencil in a familiar tune as he accepts the man's application form.

"I apologize for the confusion, Mr... Amherst," he says, skimming over the sheet of paper. He writes down the man's name on a small notepad to the right, before returning the application form. "We are not taking applications for the Orb military right now, we are simply here to answer any questions you may have regarding Orb and it's current state, though I do find your convinction to join highly admirable."

He looked at the man's eyes, and saw a man driven by a similar need to defend their homeland, and trying very hard to keep his true feelings in check. Demetrius Amherst was interesting enough for Rad to want to hear the reason behind the man's seemingly intense drive. It would prove entertaining, at the very least.

"All right," he said, leaning back against his seat a bit. "What are you trying to defend Orb from, Mr. Amherst?" he asked, hoping to catch the other man by surprise with the assessment.

Before he could hear the answer, however, another young male adult came to the desk, also bringing along the familiar form of an application.

Jase had entered the room with multiple Orb officers so he walked up to the local desk and sat."Hello am here to join the Orb Military here is my resume "Said as he handed the man his resume

http://www.adventdestiny.com/index.php/topic,138.0.HTML."My reason for appling is I have believed in neutrality and lived here for my whole life so I believe to keep the things I love as they are I must be willing to protect all not just my friends and family "he stopped and continued"so this is my reason for joining Orb's Military force".

Again, Rad took the sheet, skimmed through the form, noted the man's name - Jase Truesdale - and returned the piece of paper, all in a gracefully executed 5 seconds.

"Please, take a seat, gentlemen," he said, gesturing to the many plastic chairs stacked up on one side of the room. He waited for the gentlemen to take their seats, before resuming. "As I told Mr. Amherst here, we aren't accepting applications right now, but your effort is noted, Mr. Truesdale. Though I admire your reason for wanting to enlist, I am in no position to accept it. I am simply here to answer any questions you may have about Orb and it's current state."

He leaned forward towards the direction of the younger man and said, "Are you aware that Orb is not technically neutral? We are a unified nation, young man, with our own ideals to uphold and defend. If you mean neutrality in that we do not support either the Earth Alliance or ZAFT, then you would only be partially correct: we do not support either side because we are our own side."

Letting his words sink in as he returned to his relaxed seating position, the Representative turned to Demetrius, the smile from his lips having never went away even as he spoke at length to the new arrival, and asked, "Now, are you ready to answer my question, good sir?"

Sayaka never intended to step into the office for enquiries about the FREE forces of the Orb Union...rather, it was by coincidence that she have decided to come here to find out some certain things she need to know about joining the military forces right now, in the name of 'fun' that is. She was disappointed to hear that they are not accepting any applications to enlist in the military right now. Nevertheless, she would want to know more about the nation's current stand on issues, as she read up severall items on the notice board about the FREE forces and such along the way.

Because of the way she dressed, most people would think that she is looking for a mere office job. That is what the people at the reception thought when she stepped into the building and goes to ask the receptionist about job enquiries.

As she continued to the enquiries section of the office, she sees 2 men, both of them presumably older than her by at least a margin. She waited at one side to see that they tried to apply to enlist themselves in the FREE forces, but were turned down by a very proud-looking man, who seemes to be very proud of his job. She would have wanted to reach for the desk to seek information, but not before the man in charge of the enquiries section asked one of the potentional enlistee a question about Orb's neutrality.

I would like to know about that too...we never can be truly neutral in any way, if what the history lessons in school indicated.

Edited by Guest

Demetrius promptly took his application back, showing no annoyance or any sign of inconvenience whatsoever.  He figured there wasn't anything he could do about his application at this moment and time, and that this Representative seemed to be a reasonable and straightforward man.

Before he could reply to the expected question, another young man entered.  A moment later, they were both seated facing the Representative.  Demetrius carefully considered the question, running through his reasons and deciding how much he should explain. 

He finally decided and said, "I have lost friends and classmates during the previous war due to ZAFT and my family, as many others, have gone through turbulent times during the first war.  However, I do not hold any grudges.  Instead, I feel that these nation powers that had launched their war of persecution and mutual destruction is very wasteful and indiscriminate.  I wish to defend Orb, my home, and our people from any," with emphasis, "outside forces that threaten all I hold dear."

Then he thought briefly at the Rep's comment about Orb's 'neutrality.' "I'm am aware of the technical aspect of Orb's position.  But I have understood that ever since I watched this country get savaged and burned twice through.  I will be yet another individual that will carry out this nation's ideals, as long as it doesn't violate my personal ethics," Demetrius explained in detail.  He was emotionally wearied but felt some relief at explaining himself in this manner.

She then overheard the answer given by the young man over the neutrality of Orb Union. The answer given was concise, and straight to the point of where it matters. Despite wanting to pose a similar question herself, the representative have already stated the stance of the nation, that is, being on their own. To make a rather long speech short, it would be 'defending Orb from any outside interference'.

Despite it was clear that the option taken was rather obvious, there is something still bugging her thoughts in her rather fragile mind. As her father has sometimes said, Orb's fall in the wars is not caused by external factors, rather, it was more of the ineffectiveness of the leadership in control of the Orb Union. She have took extra effort to do some research before she comes in. In the first war, the lack of a mobile suit force brought them down. In the second war, they were hunted down for something they didn't do.

"Alright mister, if you say you will defend this nation because you have seen people suffer and everything else, what would you do if the leadership decided to be stupid once again?" she asks everyone around the room in a serious note.

The representative smiled at the older man's answer. He had almost the same ideals he held - almost. The difference between the two of them, was that Rad had already dismissed the notion of 'ethics' as simply being a hindrance to the fulfillment of one's duty. However, he knew he was a rarity in that aspect; everyone had some code of ethics they would follow, though Rad was unsure if he had any left. After all, he could manipulate anyone to do almost anything. What was ethics to someone who wielded that power unselfishly?

He nodded as the man finished, but before he could say anything, the newcomer, a young girl this time, asked the older man a loaded question. Rad only kept smiling, and said, "Take a seat, young lady, do join us." Turning to the other men in the room, he said, "Well, gentlemen, it is a fair question, I believe. How would you respond to that?"

At this point, a clerk came over from an adjacent room, and handed the Representatives a copy of a new memorandum. After Rad read the memo, he placed it at the edge of the desk, towards them, saying, "Since some of you are interested in joining the military, here is some relevant information for you, regarding our nation's military. It might provide some answers to questions you haven't thought to ask yet."

FREE Forces Military

[OOC:Thanks was going to but had to study for major test tommorrow so am back.]

"Are you aware that Orb is not technically neutral? We are a unified nation, young man, with our own ideals to uphold and defend. If you mean neutrality in that we do not support either the Earth Alliance or ZAFT, then you would only be partially correct: we do not support either side because we are our own side."

"Well I just ment as Orb does not get involved in other nations conflicts and were not allied with ZAFT or Earth alliance."Said as thought the man beside him seemed so much maturer then he is."Wow this man didn't mind my intrusion"He thought.

See the lady come by and sit and talk to all of them.And listened as she questioned them about the reason he had given.

"Alright mister, if you say you will defend this nation because you have seen people suffer and everything else, what would you do if the leadership decided to be stupid once again?"

"Well for me I hold the protection of the country over orders I'd rather defend and be kick out of the army later then watch this great country be destroyed ."Watching the man in charge get a memo

he waited until the man said

"Since some of you are interested in joining the military, here is some relevant information for you, regarding our nation's military. It might provide some answers to questions you haven't thought to ask yet."

Getting the paper he read it and after so he past it onto the other man beside him.

Edited by Guest

"Alright mister, if you say you will defend this nation because you have seen people suffer and everything else, what would you do if the leadership decided to be stupid once again?"

Demetrius thought about what the young lady asked as he listened to the young man beside him respond to the Representative's questions.  This man's responses were short and to the point, expressing similar ideals that Demetrius shared.  Then he received the information pamphlet regarding the military.  Demetrius quickly scanned through it.  He was glad that Orb was taking a more pro-active stance this time around, but the girl's question still lingered.

Demetrius carefully placed the paper on the desk and added, "As I mentioned before, I will defend the ideals of this country and will serve loyally unless my personal ethics are violated.  IF a situation occurs like over a decade ago during the Second War...I will defend the people of this nation and nothing more."  He nodded in acknowledgement to both the young man and woman that were near him as he sat back to gauge the Representative's response to their words. 

Edited by Guest

The Representative sat back with the only change in his cheerful expression being that his smile was bigger, albeit just a little.

"Well then, I hope your future orders and current ideals are one and the same, gentlemen," he replied. Inwardly, Rad was really pleased at the situation: while only three had shown up at the helpdesk, they were at least as idealistic as he had hoped. Such idealism was an honor to Orb, although it meant that he had a lot of work to do in the background to ensure that it would not be idealism that destroys Orb... again.

As he took back the memo and placed it within easy reach on his desk, he addressed the girl, saying, "And what about you, young lady? Would you mind introducing yourself to us, then answering your own question?"

Listening to the answers given by everyone in the room in a rather attentive manner, she was rather happy that at least someone would still be in a proper mental state to help out if anything were to happen, instead of being mere sitting ducks waiting to be shot down by anyone coming to take over Orb.

Taking a look at the memo about the FREE forces of the Orb Union, she notices several information that were rather...contradicting to the previous stance taken by the previous militaries of Orb. The ones that were brought down by overly-idealistic approaches, that is. It seems that the current administration were to bring this up at least a notch.

"Pardon me if I forgot to introduce myself to everyone here," the young girl said, while bowing to the rest in a traditional Japanese bow. "I'm Sayaka Nakano, here to do a little research on the current military forces to judge whether I should join the military..."

"...or not," she said with a gentle yet confident tone.

"As for my own question," she continued, upon being asked by the representative the answer for her own question. "We all know that the mistakes in the past are caused by what I would term as...'unforseen circumstances' which are beyond everyone's control, that is you or me, or for that matter, anyone except the leadership."

"Based on history, we are being forced into our own homes by the wills of the Earth Alliance and ZAFT's military, who tried to assert their authority over us because they knew they were at a disadvantage in terms of support among people who have similar ideals like us," she continued on her little 'speech' about her answer. "We never have a large military force back in the First Bloody Valentine War, and the military were severely divided in the Second BLoody Valentine War," she added.

"If...everyone agreed to a single stance like what I've read over just now, maybe things would change," she said to everyone in the room. "Basically, I was rather concerned about the confidence of the leadership, as records suggest that the leadership in the first war is being overconfident, while the one in the second war were not confident of defending Orb, leading to their decision to join up with the Earth Alliance."

Edited by Guest

Representative Rad Rider-Kamakura nodded as he heard the girl's assessment. So long as everyone was thinking the same way, Orb need never fear for their sovereignty. It only left the internal conflicts for him to eliminate.

The clerk once again entered the room, and handed Rad several sheets of papers. Leafing through them, he signed his name on the dotted line on the last sheet and tore off the first sheet before dismissing the clerk.

"That was an official announcement," he explained, as he stood up. He went over to a nearby corkboard and tacked the sheet of paper on the board. "Read it here."

Announcement Regarding Character Applications

He returned to his place at the desk, still very much smiling, and said, "I believe you three have been waiting for that. For those of you with no more questions, good luck. For those who have questions, fire away."

Demetrius noted that the Representative seemed even more pleased with their responses.  The young lady's words indicated that she was well aware of Orb's past...failures and seemed to make emphasis on that in relation to the current administration.  He nodded slightly as she stated her closing statement.  Then the Representative posted something up at a nearby board. Demetrius got up and walked over.  He briefly looked over the annoucement and after finding that there was nothing to ask about, he turned toward the Representative.

"No questions here.  Thank you," he said, nodding at the other two young people before politely dismissing himself and leaving the room.

[OOC: Done here. ]

Kambei walked into the room full of Orb officials and walked up to the help desk.

"Good morning. I wish to enlist into the Orb Military. Here is my application."

Kambei said kindly as he handed them his application.

Profile:http://www.adventdestiny.com/index.php/topic,341.0.html

"Is there anything else you need from me" he stated as calmly as possible.

The Representative looked up to see another newcomer, also handing him an application.

"I'm sorry, but this is the helpdesk," he said for the third time. "I'm here only to answer questions. Applications are done in another section."

He did take the time to read the young man's sheet, but did not betray his disappointment. Returning the application, he advised, "Although, I suggest you complete your application before heading that way."