Gunpla Battle Nexus 1.8: Community Update

Replicator

A rainy afternoon. Raindrops poured from the sky upon the fuselage and wings of the cargo plane, and the sky was overcast. No chances of it stopping anytime soon, thought Aida as the TV in the cargo plane's lounge, tuned to receive the local air channels, showed the same for Mogadishu. In minutes, the team would probably see the same aerial shots for themselves through their window. He walked to the cargo bay, deserted save for the snapshots of a damaged Trinames, a wrecked Comet Dagger, and an armless, deactivated Airbatel. The latter was not being repaired, however. Rather, it was that way on purpose. There were surprises in store for friends and foes alike: not only because of his choice of Mobile Suit for this sortie, but also because of his new appearance. Having ditched the glasses, cap and long Titans uniform (though wishing to find some soon to complete the officer look), Aida had adopted the blue ZAFT uniform he had worn at the Second Bloody Valentine Massacre. It reminded him to never stop looking over his shoulder. Especially in unstable versions of the game like this, even the most peaceful of landscapes could become hellish battlefields. To think that this franchise is all about anti-war messages, but their fans can behave like this…

“Man... not again!” For the second time, Kyle hadn’t been able to finish his creation. The Trinames was obviously complete, save for the removal of its shields. However, Kyle was going to bring a new weapon with him, the Dynames’ Torpedo. The resin kit was all together, but the rifle and add on’s basic tan color stuck out. Wish I could’ve painted it. Stupid work. Kyle thought, sliding his visor on. It wasn’t long before the Diver was back inside one of the cargo planes, now looking like his favorite character. Charo excitedly bounced up and down as he saw his owner near the Trinames. “Game time! Game time!” The droid chirped while jumping.  Kyle grabbed the machine, noticing a peculiar person in the cargo bay with him. “Yep. We’ll be fighting soon.” He said while staring at what looked to be a ZAFT Soldier, albeit with custom colors. “Excuse me, who are you?” He asked, now seeing ‘Challengers of Diamond’ on his patch. “Wait... Are you Aida or Carter?” For a moment, Aida thought of telling Kyle the truth. But where was the fun in that? He tried to do his best American impression, just to throw him off a little. "Well, howdy pardner! I see you been workin' hard. Mighty fine Mobile Suit you getcha. Looks faster than greased lightning." Carter racked his mind, thinking hard about what he could possibly do to improve his mobile suit. He was fast and hit hard, but he was practically made of glass. If he was taken out right away, he'd be of no help. What could he possibly do to help his chances of surviving a fight? He thought of this while looking at an old bodega store, one with some old kits. Then he saw what he needed. “I’m a genius!” He declared, despite the simplicity of what he did. He attached the Forbidden Gundams backpack on the Buster Dagger. and replaced the railguns with his 350mm Gun Launcher, and the 94mm High energy rifle. He didn’t really have time to properly paint it before logging on, it had just been primed, so it was just a black backpack with a few details. He stepped out, wearing the same outfit but with cool Quattro shades, then looked at the two guys standing and talking to each other, he waved “Yo~” he said, placing his hands in his tekkadan jacket as he approached, he was getting pretty comfy with them now.

Kyle watched as the altered Buster Dagger appeared, causing him to notice the Airbatel. “Nice try, cowboy!” He uttered to Aida. “You changed a lot. I like it!” What really caught his attention was his blue haired colleague’s sunglasses, with Carter now heading towards them. “Copycat! Copycat!” Charo yelled out in Kyle’s hands. The Diver bopped the toy on its head. “Sorry about that Carter. I think you have good taste.” Carter chuckled at the Haro’s reaction “Let’s say that I am a copycat, what then?” He joked, waving it off since he didn’t really mind “Don’t worry about it, man, he’s cool” he said “I wish this one could talk, but he’s got plenty of personality” he pointed at his Elemechu. Meanwhile, Aida apologized for the joke. "Sorry, you know I had to do it to you. I'm loving the mods, by the way. Trinames and Dagger look like kicking some ass today! I suppose you're ready for the fray." Carter turned to Aida after the question was posed, nodding with a smirk “Always!” He said confidently, both in himself, and his team. “I’m ready.” Kyle smirked, looking at the Trinames. He tossed his companion up to the cockpit area, watching the toy roll onto the seat. “Kinda gonna have to be a one trick pony today, but the Torpedo will definitely make up for that in the water.” Aida thought it was neat he would be accompanied. "So you're gonna go for a dip too, huh. I'm sure Carter and Isla can have the air covered..." Loud beeps and flashing red lights interrupted them, a signal that they needed to get in their Gunpla as soon as possible. "Time for the air drop, I guess. I'll see you all in the battlefield!" Aida hurriedly got in the armless GM's cockpit, which given the Mobile Suits were hugging the airplane's floor, was given to access. He then talked in the team channel, as black squares represented Carter and Kyle on a side of the screen. Isla, meanwhile, was already prepared to launch, and looked inexpressive as ever with her mask. Carter confidently replied, as he and his Elemechu scurried inside the Comet Dagger's cockpit: “Don’t worry about it, boys, we’ll watch your backs from the air! It’s time to play!” He said excitedly, running over to his machine and sitting in the cockpit, but some doubts arises. “Did i configure the transformation? Can I actually do it…?“

Aida suddenly asked something to his teammates. "Hey, did we establish a motivational motto? Because this'd be the time." Carter's internal thoughts were cut off as he heard the question. “Hmm... We’ll outshine all their skills!” He said, sort of as a suggestion. With Kyle getting in last, Charo jumped into his slot, powering up the Gunpla. Its eyes lit up under the tan googles as the cockpit closed, with the Lockon fanatic getting settled. “I think that’s perfect, just like a Diamond!” Kyle replied, looking at the sonar’s screen. Thankfully, it was a little more hi-tech than the classic radar submarines used. “If things go bad, we may have to get in the water Charo. Hope you packed a swimsuit!” Isla, always fixated on the mission, interrupted them. "Enough chit-chat." The cargo bays of both planes opened to let everyone out. "Mogadishu is on sight and officials are asking the pilot for credentials." Aida saw this as the moment to strike. "You're right. Any more delays and we'll be deploying out of a wreck. Aida, Aquatel GM... Challengers, step up! Let's outshine them!" With this cheesy quote, Aida's GM was the first to throw itself into a free fall. Isla deployed soon after in a new variant of the Variable Gundam, finished in lilac and with a flight mode. After her came a very big Mobile Suit made of The O and Hy-Gogg parts that barely came out of the same cargo bay as Isla. Aida steered the incomplete Aquatel in mid-air towards the big Mobile Suit, which opened to receive it. As both machines docked, Deep Aquatel was formed, seconds before hitting the water. The Trinames jumped out next, flying towards the second plane to grab the Torpedo “Woah.” Kyle stated as he followed suit, looking in awe at the Deep Aquatel and the Variable Flight Gundam. His weapon slid out of the cargo bay and fell at a rapid pace until the Diver grasped it. The resin kit connected to the Trinames, causing the rifle to become much lighter. “Connected! Connected!” Charo chirped while Kyle caught up with the others. Carter looked at his crewmates and their new toys. Looking at the new MS that came down from the skies and created a huge shockwave on impact with the water, the blue haired diver smiled and cheered internally. "We're gonna do great!" He said over the team comms, moving his thumb to a button on his control stick to press it. Then, he flipped a switch, as the backpack went and activated, and the arms holding the boosters to the side spread out, launching the blue MS forward "Woo! it works! Yes!" he cheered.

690029796_VariableFlight.thumb.jpg.31ee985ac1a4e7fe309c5ba7ce418070.jpg

LMV-04F Variable Flight Gundam

410508032_Aquatel(Deep).thumb.png.faf1c6d7bc31a82b66c15fdfc55a0836.png

RGM-86QT-DA Deep Aquatel GM

---

"Sir! Planes B1 and B2 have deployed their Mobile Suits! Four contacts coming from 0900: three airborne, one underwater!" Smugly, Mogadishu Base's commanding officer didn't even look at the men that had just informed him. He just ogled the number on his digital wristwatch, made with true Gundanium alloy. "Like clockwork. The ones from the Expo are making their move first. Aziba, Kacooler and Otto are closest to them. Tell their squads to intercept. Oh, and… save six of each underwater type. In case A1 and A2 have underwater types too." Immediately, his aide started contacting the mentioned pilots. In the array of screens in front of everyone inside the command center of the base, one could see the troops springing into action from openings on the island’s rock walls. Ajis Aziba's custom Asshimar, finished in dark green and yellow, led twelve Asshimars against the two air types. Kacricon Kacooler, whose machine sported silver accents, and his Marasai squadron of twelve all boarded Base Jabbers and went after the cheese wave, while Otto was nowhere to be seen at first. Then, the doors to the sub pen opened, and several Cancers and Pisces, all finished in gray, were seen departing its insides and submerging to intercept Aida. Then, something far bigger and sinister was seen departing the island…

1453923962_SubWalo.thumb.png.10608d6508dab47c5bcb617840d336a8.png

MA-06S Sub Walo

- "Aziba Unit, Kacooler Unit, ready to engage airborne element B! Otto Unit ready to engage underwater element B! Sub Walo deployed! What do we do about the other two planes?"

- “The Al-Ajiza assailants get Noin and Une. They should be in range any moment now.” This should buy Kronos enough time to get their stuff together, the commander thought as Noin’s green Aries and Lady Une’s Leo Flight Type led twenty-four gray machines forward. Twelve Aries for Noin, and twelve Leo Flight Types for Une. “Keep those Cancer and Pisces ready!”

- “Tallgeese, on catapult and requesting instructions!”

- “Marquise stopped Gundam Zero One on his own, and understands Treize’s strategies best. I say unleash him. Give him permission to engage anyone at will, and command of the other squadrons too.” As his aide passed down the orders to Zechs Marquise, who promptly flew off, the base commander grinned, looking at a tactical map with all the present units, allied or not. "Messed with the wrong base", he said as Alpha and Beta bit the bait from opposite points of the same battlefield.

---

As Trinames grasped its new weapon, a secret message played on Kyle’s cockpit, left by Quatre in the system. “Lockon-san. I’m sorry i behaved that way today. Or yesterday. You’ll probably see this tomorrow. Right now, I don't really know if I can trust these people. I know you, but something's rubs me the wrong way about Strategist Aida, Meister Isla and this man you called Carter. So I've decided to withhold the real purpose of this mission from them. You can inform the ones you trust individually.” Quatre briefly paused before going to the point. "A prominent OZ scientist has been sighted in this base. Whatever he's doing, we don't know, but it's probably no good for the Earth Sphere. He's left already, but he must have left data behind from whatever he's doing. We need you to infiltrate that base and retrieve the data from the main computer… but watch yourself, yes?"

As Kyle was left to wonder whether to tell Beta about it, the banner and objectives finally appeared for both teams.

201216333_TallOrder.thumb.png.91e18f42cd1c96b04b6e826e98cc2bd4.png

Humans need a higher system than God.

Primary Objective

Alpha: Recapture Risu

Challengers: Destroy Mogadishu Base

Secret: Retrieve Red Hard Drive

Secondary Objectives

Defeat Enemy MA

Find the Golden Weapon 

Photograph an African Starling

Edited by Replicator
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Fa squirmed uncomfortably in the seat of her new mobile suit. “New” was a relative term, but it was certainly new to her. A web of sparks occasionally danced out he hull of the Asshimar and she tried once more to hail the enemy base. “Mogedishu base this is Blue Sky 10, I’ve sustained heavy damage and I’m looking for a safe place to land.” Despite herself, her voice trembled, it was one thing to have a plan, it was something else to act it out. 

Her mind went back to the Archangel and her exchange with Kamille at the foot of this particular Asshimar. “You be careful out there Fa… I … I understand why you’re doing this, but I wont forgive you, or them if you don’t come back safely.” It was about the nicest thing her neighbor ever told her, same as the kiss that her gave her that followed. She blushed at the thought and tried her radio again, finding the determination she needed. “Mogedishu base this is Blue Sky 10, I’m in need of assistance, I’m barely keeping my unit in the air!” She added some urgency to her tone and this time her call was rewarded. “Blue sky 10, we read you five by five. We have a landing strip available in the rear of the base from your current position. Please proceed and we will have the landing crew standing by.”

“Affirmative!” Fa called back and smirked as her plan became commitment. She began to see the base on the horizon, marked by the Coastal tower which was tipped with the infamous Noventa Cannon. She started up her second radio and began transmitting data to her allies who weren’t all that far behind her. “Alpha team, I’ve been given clearance. Please note enemy strength as I relay it!”

——

Kamille nodded his head excitedly as he heard Fa’s voice. “That’s her!” He said rather stupidly to himself. Nervous, excited, it was hard to tell where exactly his emotions fell in that exact moment. He was sitting in the cockpit of the hobbled together “MKII Strike.” He was told to refrain from activating the power too early. It did little to dampen his eagerness at seeing what this machine, his machine, could do though. He reached up to fix the neck of his flight suit and adjust his helmet before gripping the controls. He had the machine riding in the back of a carrier they had taken from the base. His mobile suit was even poised on top of the base jabber they had acquired too. He had the launcher pack fixated on the back of his suit along with the corresponding cannon, gripped and ready to aim. 

Finally the back door creaked open letting the wet rain veiled air gush into the cargo hold. “This is Kamille Bidan! MKII Strike launching!”

F2E6657D-35AA-4D98-9F72-2F4EDE13371C.thumb.png.68d14a46588e6194ea2578bb99421e46.png

——

Creed looked nervously at his controls once more. He thought of Bael and how it performed last mission. He was anxious for the next battle, he wanted to clean up this big mess. He recalled the enemy Asshimar pilot calling him the White Devil and he shook his head.  Bael Let’s show them why you reign over the demons… He thought.

The data Fa was feeding them was already proving to be invaluable. They were getting troop location and enemy numbers. She was almost at the appointed position however and it was time to cause some distractions. “I hope you guys are ready for this Alpha Team!” He called out as he leaped out of the back of another carrier plane. Bael caught flight on the moist coastal air, its’ thrusters puffing out the rain behind him. He carried the big mace sword again but wondered how long he’d use the item. He was coming to realize that it was more of a weight than a blessing and in combat that wasn’t a duel, he needed his speed to decimate the ranks quickly. He might have to consider a different mobile suit after this mission. 

The carrier drifted away from him along with his allies and soon it was just the mobile suits approaching the enemy base. “Watch out for the Noventa cannon! Try to keep moving so it doesn’t get a lock on anyone!” He warned over the team chat. “Try to draw the enemy out towards us and on the edge of the effective range of that weapon. We can do this!” He looked for his allies, determined not to get separated this time. I’ll protect you all!

• Like 5

White GN Particles emitted from the Trinames as Kyle watched the defenses arrive. "Oh man, looks like we're gonna be here for a while, huh Charo?" The Diver looked at the little droid, noticing that it had been quiet since the mission began. It spun away from Kyle, ignoring him completely. "That's... odd." Something was definitely off about his companion, but that wasn't the only thing strange going on.

Quatre's message needed to be addressed with the team. The Diver knew that this was a game first and getting this data could lead to major changes (for the better or worse) in the future, so telling the other Challengers was fair. Kyle's hand hovered over the team communications button, so close to touching it, but something in his mind stopped him in his tracks.

"Come on Kyle!" He thought, angry that part of him didn't want to tell the whole group, but one of his teammates stuck out to him. Isla was mysterious to say the least. She was clearly an NPD and while Kyle hoped she didn't have ulterior motives, he knew too little about her to make that call.

Aida and himself were likely going to be preoccupied, especially with the large gray sub, so Kyle only had one other option. He pulled up a private channel with the remaining member of the team. "Carter!" He began, knowing their third team member would be closer to the base than him. "Quatre sent me a message. He needs us to find some sort of data on the base's main computer. Could you go and do that?" 

Kyle assumed the battle would get crazy soon. He go help the blue Seed Gunpla's pilot if they got desperate, but for now, the Diver had to watch out for the sea machines, deciding to wait until they got closer for a better shot. The Trinames floated above the water, holding its massive rifle. "This Lockon thing is gonna get worse for me, isn't it..."

• Like 3

Hikaru's machine launched as well, in its crude Mobile Armor form.  Subtle improvements to the G-Defenser improved its flight characteristics compared to its battle with the Asshimar.  Not only did the Flag's Linear Rifle allow its aerodynamic properties to change due to electromagnetism, but Beam Sabers on the leading edges of the wings permitted him to play with the air's density on the control surfaces by heating it.  Tricks like that could squeeze out added performance that may prove critical later.  Adding the Phonon Maser Cannon and a new melee arm module would hopefully help out, too.  He knew that the enemy would likely try to offset the Bael's advantage someday or find a way to mitigate beam technology.  That was especially likely at a naval base.  As such, it seemed like it was time to further improve his armament.

He really needed to find a way to make his machine capable of autonomous flight without the G-Defenser, though.

"Acknowledged, Fa.  Creed."  Hikaru stated, keeping his sensors open and his movements evasive.  His Large Smart Rifle was going to aim at what targets he could pick off at range in the meantime.  "Kamille," Hikaru advised, "you might be able to tap into the Base Jabber's fusion reactor for power when you're not using its Mega Particle Cannon.  That could keep your machine from running out of power or even keep its batteries full until you need to disembark.  Just make sure the Base Jabber has enough power to stay airborne and maneuver without being sluggish.  The Launcher Striker is a power hog!"  Hopefully that would help avoid the problem with the Strike needing electrical energy, or at least offset it.

Edited by MM007
  • Like 3

Carter did his usual ritual of preparing for a fight, taking a deep breath and checking on his pet elemechu that was next to him, he chuckled a little.. it was probably pretty weird for others to see, but for him it helped calm the nerves- Though a lot of times, he was just too excited to stay calm in moments like this. The Blue Haired Diver went up ahead of his team, before coming to a stop to survey the battlefield- He figured it wouldn't be a smart move for him to immediately detach from his team. He got out of high speed assault mode, the dish like backpack came off of his head and then went back behind him, with his two weapons on the subarms of the backpack "Hm.." He began to start thinking..

Until he received a a call, from Kyle too, it was a private channel so.. it naturally intrigued him

"Yeah, whats up?"

"Oho? Real sneaky like? Yeah, I can do that! You can count on me"

He sounded pretty confident too- despite himself, if he had to actually infiltrate, how would that work? He decided he'd just wing it after getting to the base.. He'd be able to think on the fly anyway, Carter cracked his knuckles and then entered highspeed assault mode again, waiting for a moment to start his move on the base.

• Like 2

Slowly, Risu's eyes opened, staring up at the ceiling. The room she was in was dark, windowless save for a single small viewport at eye-level on a door to her left, which let through a stream of pale blue-white fluorescent light. She could see smooth plaster walls, though the lower half of them were covered in the same plush padding the floor was covered in. Where was she, again?

The last hour and a half had been a blur, a flood of situations she didn't have the context to. There was a war? And a soldier had taken her away in a shuttle? Slowly, she sat up from her spot on the floor, letting out a shaky sigh. This was all too familiar, though. In here, it was completely silent, no doubt owing to the sound-absorbing properties of the padding all around her. Risu had been told to wait here for her safety, and after the... stunning reality of everything, she did so, stewing quietly in her thoughts. What was she even doing?

GBN was supposed to be her escape, even if she had no experience with it, but why was it so cripplingly real? Eventually, she stood, taking slow, quiet steps towards the door to push on it. Locked.

She sat back against it, holding her hands out in the way she'd been taught to, allowing the game's main menu to materialize in front of her. Her eyes were locked on the button labeled QUIT, and for a while, she stared at it.

• Like 3

The warm winds of Mogadishu gently tousled Apollo’s hair, his crimson scarf flapping gallantly in the breeze. There was a scent on the air, that day, a scent that Apollo knew well.

The unmistakeable smell of victory. It goes hand-in-hand with the electricity in the air.

The masked diver looked out over the city from the roof of a building, one foot resting on the raised ledge of the building, one hand poised confidently on his hip. His binoculars were pressed up against the eyes of his golden mask as he surveyed the skies, looking for any sign of them. Sure enough, the planes appeared over the horizon in short order, and not long after that, the mobile suits within began to descend.

“There they are, big guy,” Apollo said aloud, lowering his binoculars. He turned and looked up at the towering black Gundam standing stalwart behind him. “Looks like a serious mission, too. The suits must have had to pull a lot of strings to get us in.” Apollo turned back to look at the descending mobile suits, putting a hand on his chin. After a moment of quiet contemplation, Apollo clapped his hands together and spun on his heel. He marched across the rooftop to the Gundam’s open cockpit and rapped on the chest armor twice with his knuckles as he ducked inside.

“Right! Big guy, it’s time for us to take flight!” he said excitedly as he sat down, closed the hatch, and booted up the mobile suit’s systems, it’s green eyes flashing with activation. “Gundam Oriole, spread your luminous wings and soar! Take us higher than the grasping hands of adversity can reach!”

The Gundam Oriole’s minovsky drive system hummed and let off a shocking pink incandescent light as it rose steadily into the air. Once clear of the buildings, Apollo angled the suit skyward, towards the mobile suits now converging on one another. He pulled up his radio and hailed all suits present.

“A black bird with wings of thunder sweeps across the sky. Within it beats the Golden Heart of Space, guiding it towards victory. The Shooting Star Diver, the Shining Light from Beyond Jupiter—fear not, for Apollo has arrived and I shall be your radiant beacon of VICTORY!”

• Like 3

The room was dark the lights flipped on as the black haired man entered the room and placed his bag down. He took a seat at his desk where a new gunpla was being built. Work had called him in right before the last mission. The beta was important to him but so was work. However after he heard about what happen The Man spent every hour of his free time working on completing a new model for him to use. All he had to do now was place the finishing touches. 

One more hour passed it was only moments before the next mission one he wouldn't miss. As he finished the gunpla he gave a sigh. He hadnt worked this hard on perfecting a gunpla in a long time. The Astral AGE MK 3 or the Astral AGE AXCEL. He had build a gunpla to play on his need for speed but also making sure this could take out a certain knock off.  He wiped the sweat from his face and removed his glasses.  Now was the time to show the world a true speed beast. 

He placed his gear on as the computer spoke 

"Please Place you Gunpla" 

Placing it on and diving in the black haired man's expression and look changed. Now a fiery red hair and a scowl replaced his almost satisfied look. He quickly loaded into the match and into his gunpla. He watched as the others left. He had been briefed on the plan and now was no time for mistakes. While Shin was never a great team player he had a soft spot... And this mission hit it right on the head. As creed finished talking Shin replied 

"Roger that. This is Shin in the Astral AGE AXCEL. Launching." With that his new unit launched into the sky's. Thrusters burned and the unit quickly caught up with the rest of them. Shin followed up by sending an open com to his "teammates"

"So boss, where would you like me?"  Shin sounded aggravated but something about it was different then his normal tone it was almost compliant. 

• Like 3

While Deep Aquatel was, as the name suggested, deep under the water, it was definitely not going to be out of the loop about what happened above. Establishing an infolink with Isla to have a better view of the skies, Aida studied the scene. "Isla, maintain altitude. Let’s see..." What he could make of it was Mogadishu Base’s island. Aside from the Asshimar and Marasai squadron coming to greet Kyle, Carter and Isla, he spotted the silhouettes of six Cancers and six Pisces, along with a big, big silhouette. A boss? Reeks of trouble. From behind the island, one could see two planes, identical to theirs but with red rudders and wingtips, deploying what appeared to be the four Mobile Suits of Beta Team. He was not too happy to see them, especially noting that Bael was still around and the Beta Gundam was carrying extra equipment. Those two… While he just considered Hikaru annoying, somewhat less so after he realized the boy didn’t seem to have anything to do with the Gunpla Mafia, Marco Creed was especially sinister to him. The time they had met in his store, he wasn’t one to roll out the red carpet for him, but still, that awkward moment… Yeah, i’ll watch myself alright. Chiefly, when you’re around. Before he could tell anyone where to go or what to do, however, a mysterious figure appeared, piloting what appeared to be an upgraded F91 Gundam. They called themselves…

“Apollo? The light of victory? Kyle, Carter, did you by any chance get any signs of a secret being unlocked?” Upon being replied negatively, he ordered Isla to scan the newcomer carefully, as their Mobile Suit flew in from the city of Mogadishu, propelled by beautiful beam wings. ”Identification, Apollo. Professional Diver. Pilot of the Gundam Oriole. Friendly.” Her response took Aida by surprise. “You mean that’s on our team now? How cool is that, lads?” Isla misunderstood him, and performed another scan on Oriole. “Average temperature, ninety-one Fahrenheit degrees and rising.” Aida did his best to contain a laugh, and went along with it. “Can't believe a giant robot can run at a cooler temperature than my PC.” A flurry of torpedoes, most of which narrowly missed him, took him back to reality: they were in a battle, and he needed to make his move. “Alright, game time, game time! Isla, whatever Carter is doing, cover him, and keep an eye out for new Alpha members! If autobalance gave us that guy, i’m sure they must be a team of five now too. Kyle, help me with these floaters before the Mobile Armor gets here. Once it does, it won’t be as easy to get rid of them!” He didn’t want to bark out orders to the new guy yet, even though he didn’t look like a pushover. It could be a bit too much, a bit too soon, so he stopped there and studied the damage caused by the one torpedo that had struck him. Fortunately, the chest, legs and shoulders were the place armor was at its thickest, and it was far from breached. Aida snarkily quoth Amuro, as he approached a Cancer and a Pisces. “Thick Gundam isn’t just for show!” Deep Aquatel's gigantic shoulders sprung up as he closed in for the kill, revealing the long arms. The heat injectors kicked in and the claws became red hot moments before he struck at the Cancer, which tried to avoid the behemoth that was speeding right at it, then the Pisces, which had switched to Mobile Suit mode to make a stand. Both were breached, and suffered catastrophic failures as Aida's thruster array took him to another unlucky Pisces, at which he lunged with an open, shining red hand…

Meanwhile, Isla readied her weapons and flew close to Carter. In anticipation for an attack on her teammate, she struck first, taking two Marasai out of the fight with her GN Beam Rifles, by destroying the legs of one and the torso of another. As the red Mobile Suits fell from their Base Jabbers towards the water, a ‘cheesewheel’ fired its beam cannon at her. However, Flight Variable just transformed to deploy its beam shields in Mobile Suit form, deflecting the beam successfully. “No. You.” As it reached the Asshimar, rather than dodge it, she micromanaged the energy coming out of the shield emitters, focusing it all on the bottom nozzles to create what were essentially makeshift beam sabers, sticking out of the forearms. Slicing parts of the Asshimar out and returning to Mobile Armor mode in one swift motion, she prepared for whatever retaliation the Titans could muster up. Aida watched it unfold from the infolink, perplexed by the sheer complexity of what Isla had done with the energy emitters. Not even he knew that could be done with what he gave her. "Nice one!", He told her as he unlodged the remains of another Pisces from the hand of Aquatel, the fragments of an Asshimar entering the sea behind him... 

Edited by Replicator
  • Like 3

Tallgeese remained perched on the hilly tower of the Noventa Cannon, just below the firing apparatus. Zechs grimaced as he was given full command authority, he was used to being a warrior fighting on the front lines, he distasted sitting back to direct troops. Two forces approached his fortress and he was determined to deal with them both. “Angle the cannon to fired for effect at the following coordinates.” Zechs commanded, moments later the large barrel swiveled to the direction of one of the groups. “Wait for my order.” Zechs calmly stated before switching channels. “All troops deploy to defend the base. Aziba I want you to support Colnel Une and confront the force coming near the sea, Otto I want you to deal with the underwater threat. Kacricon I want you to keep your Marasai near the cannon and defend it at all costs. Noin with me, we’ll go after the air forces. Understood?”

A chorus of affirmatives echoed back and Zechs fired his super vernier thrusters to attain lift and head towards Alpha team. He felt the G forces press into his body and relished in the sensation of his very mortality being tested by the pressure. After a few heartbeats he felt the sensation ease some and he came up besides a familiar looking Aries. “Noin, I want out have your troops function as support for me and you, do you think they can handle that?”

Noin grimaced some but nodded her agreement, “of course Zechs, aren’t you worried they’ll slow you down?” Zechs let a thin smile cross his lips, “if they can’t keep up then they aren’t worth the effort being put into them. By my count there’s four machines approaching by this route We’ll split them up, two each. Don’t get careless Noin.” Zechs cautioned as he designated who he would be going after. Noin rocked her wings in acknowledgment and angled to go after her two targets. She had 4 of her wingmen join Zechs while having the rest stay with her. She brought her reticle up to target the Gundam riding on the base jabber and took her time to aim. “All units go for my target, we’ll focus fire.” She said calmly as she opened up on Kamille. 

Zechs flared his thrusters, racing ahead of the 4 Aries to approach the Astral Age and the Beta Gundams. “Noventa Cannon open fire!” He called out just before getting into range of the Age with his Dober Cannon. He brought the Tallgeese up into a firing position and sent a volley a the Age then at the Beta respectively before zipping his unit into a bank to look for another firing angle, the Aries not yet in firing range yet. “This is as far as you go Gundams!” He promised as he engaged in combat. 

——

The blast from the Noventa Cannon was the cue Une was waiting for and she marched her band of Leos towards the approaching forces. The beam darted past overhead and was aimed for the peculiar black mobile suit (the Oriole) that had been charging their way. The burst exploded in front of the black gundam and splattered about in its typical shot pattern. “All units aim at that mobile suit and shoot it down!” She barked, her own hands tensing over the controls of the Leo. 4 of her suits leveled their dober cannons as the intruder and took aim, the other bearing their rifles up and unleashing a stream of bullets at the newcomer. Une reached under her shield to grab her beam saber, decided to stay amongst her troops and jump in when necessary. “Asshimars move ahead and intercept while Leos gain a foothold on the base perimeter!” She waived the Leo arm ahead as if the action would help relay her orders. “Lets see how good these new troops are” she mused to herself.

—-

Lieutenant Aziba grimaced as he was ordered to intercept the black gundam. He didn’t know why his troops had to be put front and center when Oz seemed to be running this particular show. “All units follow my lead, we’ll strafe that black gundam then provide air support to the colonel and her foreward position, no need to get careless!”

——

Water dripped on Otto’s head for the “upteenth” time. While he enjoyed tinkering with projects this one was starting to seem over his head. He shook his reservations out of his head and nodded to his monitor “Cancers I want you to break the surface and unload a volley on the would be swimmers (Lockon & Aida) then immediately dive back down. Pisces form up with me and we’ll approach the enemy from below! We’ll attack anyone who comes down to our level!” 

The Oz officer griped his controls nervously as his peons did as they were told. “I hope this thing holds up!” He muttered to himself as he brought the converted relic about to charge the approaching enemy. 

———

Creed was startled to see Shin appear on his friendlies list and smiled as he felt reassured by the additional diver. “Good to see you again!” He offered cheerily to his teammate, he then responded to the query. “I want everyone to form up on me if possible. We weren’t expecting Beta team to show up here so they’re going to complicate things. Lets stick to the plan and lure as much of the enemy out of the base for Fa’s sake. I’m going to make the call!” He announced as he came up on Kamille’s left side. The MkII Strike headed Hikaru’s suggestion and had a power cable attached to large barrel of the cannon. The suit activated its limited phase shift giving the suit its colors. 

Shifting his menu, Marco selected the option to message Risu directly, he sent a text, thinking it would be more discreet. 

Risu, we are coming for you, please be prepared to act when the time is right. We are sending a friendly to retrieve you then we will leave the combat area. Please acknowledge if you can.

Of course he didn’t want to reveal too much, with these new NPDs he had no idea if they would be clever enough to look over her shoulder and read what was going on. Marco’s thoughts were interrupted as shots came in from the enemy. “This is Kamille I’m engaging!” The kid announced as he hoisted the cannon up to fire a shot at the enemies. The powerful beam cut through the rain easily and darted towards not one suit in particular but did cut directly into one Aires further back (one of Noins). 

Creed worked his controls to avoid getting shot himself but resolved to stay by Kamille. “I’m with you kid!” He declared as he fought the temptation of buck fever in favor of teamwork. In theory the Strike and Bael should be able to complement the other defenses perfectly. Smoke trailed from Kamille’s base jabber but the platform seemed to stay afloat at the moment. “You lead the way kid, your phase shift can take the bulleys better. I’ll deal with immediate threats you give them hell fire!” Of course he didn’t think OZ troops were as bad as Titans, but choosing between Kamille and the enemy was an easy choice in his book, any blood shed this day was on Risu as far as he was concerned. “Why did we have to get dragged into this...” He muttered bitterly. 

• Like 2

Kyle knew that Aida was right. The little guys had to go quick, or else they'd be a real annoyance while going up against the main attraction. "Fire! Fire!" His droid companion yelled out as the Diver lowered the cockpit's shooting scope. "I know what I'm doing, dummy!" Kyle angrily responded while staring at Charo. "With my skills, it'll be like fish in a barrel." However, once the Diver looked back into his scope, the "fish" had already retaliated.

Three Cancers had launched multiple missiles in a vicinity of the Trinames, causing Kyle to pull the Gunpla downward quickly. It was a close call, but the magic of GN Particles saved the Diver as just barely dodged a missile heading straight for the Torpedo Rifle. While still in the air, the mobile suit was much closer to the water, but Kyle had to fight back now. "Damn, the sonar will only work underwater..." He stated, looking at the peripheral. "It'd make aiming easier, but there's too many right now. Gotta thin out the ranks before I join Aida.

Using his strength as a marksman, the Diver moved the torpedo slightly lower, watching one of the Cancers jet through the water. "You're done." Pulling the trigger, Kyle released a single GN Torpedo. It broke the water barrier and headed directly to the main body of the Cancer's submarine mode. The Diver felt the torpedo was a little slower than he would've liked, but watching the impact made him feel much better about bringing the resin kit.

GN Particles dispersed inside of the red machine, causing the midsection to implode. He watched as no trace of the Cancer, except for two arms, floating deeper into the ocean. "Dang..." Kyle softly uttered. Two more were still around though and the Diver pointed leftward toward another. CLICK. CLICK. Two of the torpedos dug deep into the Cancer, sending what was left of the mobile suit's metal parts flying out of the water. With two down, Kyle went for the third, but the pilot wasn't going down without a fight.

Kyle fired two shots, with the Cancer doing an alieron roll to completely dodge the first. The final shot slightly tapped the right claw, destroying it, but leaving the screw propeller intact. The Diver didn't expect the third Cancer to live, watching it speed forward. As he got lower to the water, the Cancer got higher, igniting a vibrating blade straight from its remaining claw. It leaped out of the water surface, slashing at the Trinames as Kyle looked on in fear.

• Like 3

Risu, as she looked at her menu, would notice that she had a Private Message from Hikaru and the one from Marco. If she clicked Hikaru's, she would read the following:

Hoping you notice this, Risu. I'm not sure why you appeared last mission without a Mobile Suit, but that's a discussion for later. I'm sure you've seen the mission briefing the game gave us. We're sending the girlfriend of the boy you saved before to save you. In the meantime, keep an eye open for an injured fifteen year-old boy with brown hair and purple eyes that we want to find and save (the Strike's pilot, Kira Yamato, was forced to fight to protect his friends on the Archangel, but got injured by Marco and sent there for treatment) and a hard drive that was brought to that base with him that has data the Titans stole from the Archangel. The one who took the drive was a purple-haired man whose story says that he will betray the Titans eventually and pull a 'world domination' attempt while seducing a bunch of women to fight for him. That's as simple as I can describe it all. Your first priority is escaping when the time comes, though.

-----

Meanwhile, Hikaru noted the attack of the Tallgeese on his ally and moved the control stick to the side to avoid being a sitting duck. The dober gun shot at the Beta Gundam missed, its pilot already on the evasive since he wasn't the Tallgeese' initial target. In spite of the Tallgeese' declaration of intent, Hikaru wasn't interested in letting himself be bogged down. As such, he ignored the Tallgeese for the moment in favor of a target he might not have a better shot at assailing later.

The Beta Gundam's Long Smart Gun, having the benefit of Beam Smart Gun technology and being connected to a long range sensor, took aim at the Nouventa Cannon and fired when its exact location was revealed by its discharge. The Hip Beam Guns flipped forward and took aim at two of the Aries as well, hoping to thin the herd before they managed to close and swarm the group to assist their commander. As the trio of beams lanced out, one beam gun shot pierced an Aries' thin armor and destroyed its cockpit. His other beam gun shot missed its Aries due to a combination of being at the limits of the weapon's range and the Aries' effort at evasion.

All the while, his machine's optics scanned in the background for small flecks of motion that weren't Mobile Suits and recorded the images.  Even if it was a joke objective, he wanted a picture of that bird.  Maybe he'd spot this 'golden weapon', too...

Edited by MM007
  • Like 2

"Whoa-" Carter flinched a little as Isla suddenly fired first, though he was grateful for it- she did just save him "Thanks, good buddy!" he said over comms, after watching her take down the Asshimar, he noticed something on his radar and quickly fired at it with his Beam rifle, the pink beam cut through the air much faster than it would normally, thanks to the backpack now attached to his head- the beam struck a base jabber carrying a marasai, causing the mobile suit to fall into the water- where it would be nearly inoperable "Sorry, Isla but i have a request!" he said suddenly as they began nearing the base.

"I need you to watch over my suit for me, I'll be quick, I promise!" He said to her, the request- well, he knew it would be a weird request, after all- his objective wasn't exactly one that anyone would be up to.

Carter took a breath and then went forward with Isla, dealing with any grunts that came to bother them pretty handedly, he clicked his tongue "I'm going in through their hangar! Cover me!" Carter suddenly slowed down and then got out of MA mode, he prayed that the build would hold through all of the G's, he held tightly on the controls as her was rocked forward- his elemchu flew off his shoulder and into the screen in front of him.. but he made it to the hangar "I'm not giving you the chance to sortie!" he said, linking his twin weapons and firing into the hangar to clear it of Enemy MS, while the smoke and everything was up, he got close, put a helmet on and then grabbed the only sidearm in his cockpit.. a pistol with a bunch of rubber bullets "This'll do! lets go little buddy!" He quickly departed from his cockpit and hopped out, using his elemechu to screen whatever hallway he'd enter of enemies, he needed to get to the main computer quickly, and hopefully.. quietly

• Like 2

Are you friggin’ kidding me?

He should’ve seen it coming, probably, because it happened all the time. Nevertheless, the Shooting Star Diver was annoyed that his grand entrance was cut short by his uppity opponents, who had decided that he was public enemy number one off the jump. The imposing cannon on the peak of hill had turned its sights on him and fired off a massive shot that went from being one beam to many. As if that wasn’t enough, a squad of Leos had mobilized against him and a dozen of those ridiculous Asshimar suits were heading his way.

Why did I agree to this stupid mission anyway? Apollo looked out at the battlefield ahead of him as everything began to converge. He let out a deep sigh and quickly resolved on his course of action, the only one he could take if he didn’t want to immediately lose and piss off his financers. The Oriole raised its left arm before its cockpit and activated its beam shield. The machine’s magenta wings then expanded, gave a mighty flap, and folded over themselves in front of the black gundam as it sailed backwards. The shot fired from the Noventa cannon broke through the wings of light, but scattered more or less harmlessly against the beam shield beyond.

For a moment, the Oriole hung limp in the air and then all at once it began to plummet to the ground as Apollo frantically worked to reactivate the Minovsky Drive System. He hadn’t expected the cannon’s blast to render the Oriole a flying brick, but he was grateful it absorbed the brunt of the damage. Proximity alarms began to blare as the black Gundam neared the earth below, which quickly rose up to meet him. As bad as the situation looked, Apollo never lost his cool, his hands dancing across the switches and keys of the cockpit.

“And…start,” he muttered to himself as he slammed his fist into a button. The MDS reactivated just in the nick of time, allowing his suit to touch down with force, but not enough to flatten his machine. Rising up from the shallow crater he had made in the ground, Apollo and the Oriole looked up at the dozen or so Leo units marching ahead of him. Their shots while he was in the air had either hit the Wings of Light or missed him as he plummeted, but now he was down here on their level.

“My wings may be folded for now,” he announced to the legion. “But when next I spread them, misfortune shall be your only brother in arms. For now, I shall be your opponent, warrior to warrior!”

To warrior, to warrior, to warrior, annnd to warrior…Apollo sighed inwardly. At least they’re only Leos.

The Oriole, gripped its DODs Lancer tight and struck a valiant pose before rocketing towards the grunts. Skating across the ground, the Oriole flung its beam shield at the first of the OZ mobile suits, tearing through it completely as he proceeded to blast others with his lance. Two more Leos exploded ahead of him as his shield returned to his arm and absorbed a hail of gunfire. The black gundam leapt through the smoke of the destroyed Leos and, coming out the other side, pierced the torso of another. Apollo hefted the impaled mobile suit up in front of him, letting it take several more bursts of gunfire as he flung his shield out again to cut through two lined up Leos to his left.

“Begone, foul lions of war. The black bird of destruction has levelled its cruel gaze upon you and, with a mighty cry akin to a resounding knell, consigns you to your pitiful fates!”

Let’s see…that’s five…only about seven more. Keep an eye on those dober guns, don’t forget the Asshimars above you. Hope to god the cannon finds some other poor sap to shoot at.

With a swing of its lance, the Oriole freed the impaled Leo and sent it crashing into one of its comrades.  He swept his lancer horizontally and, with it’s rapid fire, managed to clear three more suits. Leaving himself open like this naturally meant that some machine gun fire would connect with his suit, but Apollo knew not to worry. He had put the black Gundam through much worse.

That makes 8. This is almost too easy…let’s have a little fun with them, shall we big guy?

“Faster than light, I strike!”

Out of the Oriole’s shoulders slid several metal fins which began to glow red as the mobile suit heated up. Flaring his thrusters, Apollo skated across the ground, weaving back and forth through the Leos and leaving after images of the mobile suit in his wake.

Now you see me, assholes…now you don’t.

• Like 2

Shin watched on his monitors as several units began to approach. One flying much faster than the others. A Tallgeese, nothing he couldn't handle. As the machine opened fire on him and his beta gundam partner, Shin increased his speed and bursted toward the machine. Dodging each of the shots with ease. His new unit was much faster than the last one and easier for him to control. Shin did notice that the beta broke off to do something else but that didn't matter. In the end Shin knew that if he could take down this Tallgeese and it's forces, that would be enough to get more attention his way. Not to mention that battle was really the only thing he was good at. 

As the AGE AXCEL rushed the bank the Tallgeese flew too Shin pulled out one of his two beam Rifles that were attached to the back of the unit and shot at the Tallgeese then flared his thrusters and backed off heading closer to the Aries that were headed his way. He send out a com signal to the Tallgeese and just played it up. 

"Can you tell me what a Tallgeese and an Aries have in common?" 

He pointed his rifle at them now and fired another few shots doubtful he would hit them but it could at least make them scatter. 

" Both are nothing but cannon fodder."

• Like 2

The sounds of gunfire got louder and the rain got heavier as the fight dragged on. The armor’s sonar showed the big silhouette getting closer by the second. Kyle’s Trinames would be essential support, so his priority was to keep it alive. One problem, however, was that three Cancers were getting awfully close to Kyle, and even though he was dispatching them fast, he couldn't help but worry. We couldn't get the Sonic Cannons or the Hand Missile Units ready on time… Kyle doesn't need me, rather, I'm dragging him down, but I sure as hell have got to keep him alive if I want to live long in this puddle of water. Deciding that he would be better safe than sorry, he used Aquatel's thrusters to ascend a little, and used an approaching Cancer as a springboard to gain more height. Here I come! In a timely manner, Aquatel jumped from the water just as the third Cancer, limping after being shot by Kyle but still operational, lunged from the water at the Trinames Torpedo. Aida brought the HyGogg claws down on the flying crab, wrecking it. “GET! DUNKED! ON!” The hulking brown and bronze machine came down shortly afterwards with its prey, the pilot contacting his teammate as the heated claws did short work of the straggler. “Kyle! Are you alright? Don’t die on me yet, we have one hell of a lobster to finish! Besides... holy flying sh-” As Isla's view of Apollo's massacre of the Leo force appeared on his screens, he was too amazed (and too distracted) by the sight to see three more red Mobile Armors fire torpedoes at him.

A pair of them hit him in the left shoulder and skirt armor, making him come back to reality and put pedal to the metal, using the thrusters to swerve from side to side, so some of the projectiles would miss while others were cut by the heat claws. By the time the stray projectiles turned around for another go at piercing his armor, Aquatel had faced them and wiped them out too, before cutting one of the red machines in half as it tried to dodge him. However, he missed the opportunity to strike down the two others, which were now speeding away. Whether they'd turn around to fire at him again or go for Kyle, he couldn't tell. Three Pisces, forerunners of the big whale, arrived in the scene and switched to Mobile Suit mode to engage him. They were more dangerous than the Cancers, in a way, since the claws they used to destroy other Mobile Suits doubled as their propellers. This allowed them to spin them, drilling into enemy armor. That's gonna hurt! Eager to evade them but without any ranged attacks whatsoever, Aida depended on the long reach of the Hygogg arms to try and dodge the attacks of three Pisces, cutting one’s head and right arm off, then impaling the next’s torso. But the third got through his attack, and closed the distance on him. “This is not good!” Aida managed to swerve left, but the PIsces still managed to lodge its claw on his right shoulder. As the blades started spinning, Aquatel struggled to get the Pisces off him with the right claws, as the left ones still had what remained of the previous enemy lodged on them.

All the while, Carter couldn’t help but take the chance to make a run for the base, while everyone was distracted firing at the black Gundam with huge Wings of Light sprouting from its back. He wouldn’t find any resistance on the way: even though he was careless to simply rush the base, Isla had his back, destroying two Marasai by shooting them with her rifles in a one-two kill, as they tried to line up a shot on Carter. The cold, empty gaze of her mask's eye slits betrayed no thought, no feeling, but the movement of her lips belied frustration. Maybe she wasn't too comfortable dealing with all the enemies so her teammate could speed ahead like nobody's business, or maybe it was the fact that Carter had suddenly started moving with a goal in mind, but as far as she was concerned, he hadn't talked to anybody about it. No matter the case, there was a job to be done, and so Variable Flight Gundam switched to MS mode to enter one of the hangars with Carter. As soon as they entered, they found resistance in the form of four Mobile Suits resembling modified Hi-Zacks. One was about to be boarded by a man in a black Titans uniform, while the others looked empty. Naturally, Carter shot the leader's cockpit, but the pilot was unusually quick to dodge the blast with the very rope he was climbing.

HiMob-Zack.thumb.png.7bfe41083b1dffb765fc409fc3ffd9fb.png

RMS-106MC High-Mobility Hi-Zack

Isla saw the lilac-haired man yell at the staff to get ready. He appeared to know what Carter was about to do, and soldiers quickly appeared on scene, rifles in hand, to fill Carter with bullets as soon as he surfaced from the cockpit. To avoid this, Isla used her head vulcans to provide cover fire. "Now, Carter!" This allowed Carter to exit his Mobile Suit safely and scurry into the base via a hallway. But this was a short lived victory. One of the seemingly empty Hi-Zacks promptly turned on its optics, and with surprisingly quick movements, the kind only magnetic coating could achieve, brought two beam sabers at Variable, its reactor apparently upgraded to handle more than one beam weapon at once. While Isla managed to dodge the attack and counterattacked, stabbing the blue Mobile Suit's back with her right beam shield, she managed to catch a glimpse of the mysterious Titan entering the same hallway as Carter, a jetpack on his back and a shiny silver pistol on his hand. "Carter, one of them got through. He's coming after you. I'm sorry." As the blue Hi-Zack went up in flames in the ground, Variable Gundam pointed its beam rifles at the other side of the blast door and prepared to defend the immobile Comet Dagger from Kacricon Kacooler's troops, firing a pair of shots at some Marasai that were already visible in the distance, but without much hopes of hitting them yet.

Concurrently, Carter navigated the maze of hallways that made up the base to find the main computer, but with each step forward, the quietness became unsettling. At the very least, his assailant should have been heard behind. He could have gotten lucky, losing him in one of the turns. But the possibility that he was waiting for him around the next turn, sidearm at the ready, was also very real. There was some comfort on the Elemechu’s assistance, but ultimately, it wouldn’t be of any help. Halfway through, he heard someone talk to him, right before the lights on the corridor turned off and gunshots filled the air. "Fall, you crane fly."

Edited by Replicator
  • Like 1

Ajis gasped out as a blue streak flew by him (Carter), “What the hell was that?” he hardly had time to consider as he  focused on his objectives. It was becoming clear to him that these weren’t ordinary foes they were facing and that they needed a shift in tactics if they were going to overcome these peculiar foes. He lost track of the black gundam as he was focused on the blue streak sure enough he saw the unit on the ground now but decided to hold his units back as he saw the Leos attempt to counter attack. “We‘ll swoop in if we need to.” He promised as he waited for a moment above. 

——

As the Oriole weaved into the crowd of Leos, Lady Une watched with a bitter sneer on her face. “How could one mobile suit be so powerful? Damn that Gundam!” She growled out as she grabbed a beam saber and bolted for the agile unit. “All units focus fire as I distract him!” Une cried out. Of course her Leo was nothing to scoff at either as it was equipped with a flight pack as well. He came in fast and swung down hard with her beam saber, “you’re good.” She congratulated, “but this is as far as you go Gundam!” She cried out as she tried to push back against the black mobile suit.

——

Otto watched as the other mobile suits attacked his targets in the water. They were certainly doing a good job, but it was going fast enough. He sighed deeply as he maneuvered the controls and brought forward his behemoth machine to a comfortable speed. He readied his main cannon and looked for a target, “All units I’m preparing to fire my main cannon at the designated target. Look out!” Bubbles spewed from the business end of the mobile armor as it aligned for a shot at Aida. “One good blast ought to take care of you!” Otto mused as he fired his weapon. 

——

Fa still felt a knot in her stomach as she approached the landing zone she was designated. With all the units flying around it was clear that things were chaotic. “Perfect” she soothed to herself as she fixed her titans helmet and grabbed a pistol. She landed the Asshimar and opened the cockpit. She knew she had to be quick but hopefully she would find Risu and make a good escape. 

——

Kamille was lining up another shot as an array of enemy fire shredded into his base jabber, stealing his footing. He cried out as the MkII Strike tumbled towards the ground. Creed was further back and had a better view of what seemed to be going on. It was as if all the Aries decided at once to fire at the same time and at the same point. “Oh crap!” he muttered as a sense of dread washed over him. He decided that the best way to help Kamille was to keep the attention on himself. “Use this if you need it kid!” Marco yelled as he chucked the sword mace in a spin towards the ground Kamille was heading towards. He drew out his gold swords and flared his thrusters towards the nearest Aries. His abrupt speed helped as he sliced into the mobile suit, making an eruption of flames spill out from his strike. He kept his moment up and darted for the next target just as all the units began to aim at him now. “No you don’t!” he cried as he jerked Bael in a sudden climb. His instincts paid off as the machine guns from all the enemy Aries reached for where he once was. “This is too coordinated…” he muttered as he leveled his rail cannons for the nearest Aires and let loose a volley, making the unit plummet to the ground in smoke. 

Marco realized the mistake from pausing for his attack too late as all the Aires again struck at him with a coordinated assault. The bullets peppered against Bael, erupting smoke and steam, sending him crashing down towards the ground near Kamille. Even as Marco struggled with the controls to try and not land head first into the ground he had a suspicion what was going on. “Mobile dolls!” He growled, for there was no other way the enemy pilots could be so coordinated. 

——

Zechs pursed his lips as one of the Gundams moved to attack him. Indeed he dodged most the shots from the enemy and brought his shield up to block another, still he didn’t let up on his thrusters and instead redlined the engines to zip past the Axcel. “Pathetic…” he murmured as he responded to the taunt from the immature pilot, “I’m a true warrior I won’t waste my time with the likes of you…” he said no more as he bee lined it to his true objective.

The beta Gundam made a long shot at the noventa cannon but between the turbulent weather and the distance the shot flew wide, only grazing the rock facing. Zechs didn’t hesitate. “Noventa cannon! Lock onto my position and fire now!” He knew it would take them a few moments to align the weapon at his location and fire but he was hoping it would deliver a second round soon. Putting his rifle away he reached for and drew out a beam saber, igniting the fuchsia blade and poising it to slice directly at the middle of the beta gundam. “You made the right choice! But you shouldn’t underestimate me!” He hissed as he made his attack. Zechs knew he had to strike fast in order to address the likely pissed off Axcel gundam behind him. 

——

Noin callously watched as the two Gundams she was tasked with fell towards the ground. She contemplated giving chase but then decided to help Zechs. After all, if they could get all of their enemies on the ground it would make it all the more easier to pick them off. “All Aires converge with the tallgeese!” She veered her own craft to approach the two Gundams still flying. From her attack on the other two units she was already near the enemies so she coordinated her Aires to lock on and fire on the Axcel. With machine like precision the Aires fanned out to get a firing position on unit. Noin pondered and not for the last time if the mobile dolls were really worth using, they seemed to steal life rather than fight in a battle. “Despicable weapons…” she murmured. 

• Like 1

Kyle's look of fear was thankfully lost when Aida appeared on the scene, taking down the attacking Cancer with a Hygoog claw slash. "Whew. That was close!" The Diver looked at the Aquatel as he heard the Challenger leader speak. "I'm ok!" He responded. "Thanks for the save buddy!" However, the battle wasn't over yet as even more Cancers fired upon them.

They seemed to mainly aim at Aida, but a couple headed in the direction of the Trinames. Already distracted, a missile slammed into the right shin of the Gunpla, causing Kyle to be focused on the opponents. "DAMAGE! DAMAGE!" The droid chirped while sparks flew from the now broken armor pieces. "That was too close." The attack got dangerously close to his leg's own missiles and GN pistol, causing Kyle to rethink his assault.

He lowered the Trinames into the water, dodging the few remaining missiles as he went under the sea. His radar began to illuminate, as did his companion's eyes. "Sonar on! Sonar on!" The Wing mobile armors were better than he'd thought, so the Diver knew he had to go even quicker before the main event appeared. While Aida was busy with the Pisces, two Cancers headed towards the red and white Gunpla.

"Heh. Nice try." He felt bad for the mobile armors while firing two torpedo's into each of their bodies. One imploded like normal, but the other one was strangely intact as it floated deeper into the ocean. He noticed that the torpedo went straight through the cockpit, smacking a nearby rock. "Strange malfunction." He thought, turning his attention to the Pisces. Aida had taken out two, but the third had taken the upper hand. "Uh oh. I gotta be real careful with this shot." With how close the two machines were, Kyle didn't want to risk his comrade taking any damage.

Carefully staring into his scope, The Diver slowly moved the large rifle slightly northwest as he waited for the right shot. "I got it Aida!" A single torpedo sped through the water, reaching its target's armpit. Kyle had hoped this would either take out the attacking arm or even the cockpit, but he was still worried the shot wouldn't be enough to help. Unfortunately, the Diver had no clue another target was firing on his Challenger teammate...

• Like 2

"Whoa!"  Hikaru exclaimed as the Tallgeese achieved the maneuver that he had kept his speed up explicitly to avoid.  The Mobile Suit was fast, far faster than it had any right to be under gravity.  It was AC-era Gundam-grade to the point where the design was deemed overkill at the time of its rollout, at least in canon.  Its history might be different here.  These were thoughts Hikaru would only have time to ponder later.

Hikaru was not without options, however, as the Beta Gundam was designed with such a scenario in mind.  The Beta Gundam executed a roll, bringing the 'belly' of the Mobile Armor mode to bear to reveal the Gundam itself.  Though lacking time to draw a Beam Saber from its recharge rack, the Shot Claw mounted on the Beta Gundam's right arm flared to life in its Beam Saber mode, a two-pronged beam claw joined at the base parrying the Tallgeese' saber.

A hip beam gun, brought to bear upon the Tallgeese by the Beta Gundam's rotation, fired upon the enemy immediately after while they were at melee range...

Edited by MM007
  • Like 2

Carter flinched as he made his way from the hangar into the base, the cover fire from Isla was a god send, and with everything going on he was successfully able to enter, he kept running and slowed down a little as his Wingman errr.. wing woman went on comms.. "Dont worry about it!" he said "You did more than enough! If things get hairy then leave the Comet Dagger" he said "Its better we be one man down than two". 

Though- the thought of being hunted down did scare him a little.. he thought he was gonna have a rather.. metal gear esque type of mission, sneakily going through the hallways of the base.. the.. maze-like, labyrinthian base "Ahh dammit! i should've stolen a map or something!" he said, he was rushing through the base; which wasnt exactly the best thing for him, since he isnt exactly.. athletic, that being said he tried his best, slowing down around corners and peeking usually, but now he was getting frustrated, so he rushed around corners with his glorified BB Gun, and that mistake would cost him.

The lights came off! but the dark wouldnt last.. as the hallway was lit up with a volley of gunfire, luckily he was just fast enough to fall prone onto the ground, but the Diver wouldn't be safe.. he was up against someone with an actual gun, and didnt have a real one to fire back with "Tch.. alright buddy, get behind him" he whispered to his elemechu. 

Carter took a deep breath and then waited for the shots to stop, when they did he ran into nearby cover, peeking out barely to catch a glimpse of his assailant "Crane fly?! Come on! not even a dragon fly?!" he asked, striking a dialogue might give him the time to hatch a plan.. or it might just extend the inevitable 

• Like 2

A group of pilots sprinted past Fa, one of them giving her a brief pat on the shoulder paired with a thumbs-up gesture. "Good work, kid." One of them spoke, "We'll take it from here!" As the other pilots brushed past, Fa begun to walk faster, figuring it would be better if she was out of sight before they started to ask questions. She approached the outpost, built into an old hospital, and with her helmet visor lowered she entered. Where is she...? Fa thought to herself, trying desperately not to make eye contact.

She was aping her posture as well, hoping her poor imitation of a Titan's prideful walk would be enough to fool them; the Lieutenant pips on her normal suit's collar were probably enough to help her blend in as well, it seemed that almost everyone was a Lieutenant of some kind within the ranks of the Titans.

I need to find that girl, and quick. Nervously, Fa approached what appeared to be some kind of checkpoint leading into the hospital's west wing. If there was a checkpoint, she reasoned, then whatever was behind it wasn't supposed to leave. Could that be where they kept prisoners? Slowly, she took a step forward, puffing her chest in an attempt to intimidate the pair of soldiers standing guard. "Ma'am." the guards saluted in unison, and upon cursory glance, Fa could see that the two of them were simply enlisted men, privates at most. She gave them a salute of her own, crooked at the elbow and obviously lacking any military precision, but to the nervous soldiers her exaggerated posture and loose salute looked like any other self-important commissioned officer in the ranks of the Titans.

"What's through this checkpoint?" Fa asked, her deliberately-deepened voice muffled slightly through the speakers in her helmet. Hopefully, her act would be enough.

"This is where we keep persons-of-interest, ma'am!" the soldier-in-charge replied, his voice cracking slightly. "Uh, not necessarily prisoners, but we've been asked to guard them like they are." That could be it! Fa cleared her throat.

With a firm goosestep forward, she challenged the two. "Then let me through!" her act broke briefly, and as her voice increased in volume, it increased in pitch, threatening to reveal her identity as a 16-year old girl who was certainly not a part of the Titans.

The soldiers, understandably frightened, remained in place, one of them clutching his rifle tight. "Do you... h-have business here, ma'am?" he asked.

Fa scoffed, channeling the blonde officer she'd seen Kamille punch just a few short days ago. "O-of course I do!" she nearly shouted, trying her best to sound as indignant as possible. "But it's.. it's classified business! You wouldn't want to be thrown in the brig for interfering with Titans business, now would you? I'll see to it that-that-that... C-Commander Jamaican himself punishes you if you dare get in my way!"

Almost immediately, the pair of guards balked at the idea of getting personally reprimanded by Commander Jamaican himself, and quickly, they shuffled backwards, watching the considerably-shorter 'officer' walk past and into the west wing. "S-sorry ma'am! We'll stay out of your way!"

As if to rub salt in the wound, Fa turned around and mashed her fist into her hand. "See to it that you don't." As she rounded the corner, the girl let out a frantic sigh, clutching her chest as her heart raced underneath her suit. "Oh my god..." she whispered, taking off her helmet. "I really did that... Okay, time to find that girl." Quietly, almost tip-toeing in her boots, Fa wandered through the west wing, which aside from the occasional member of civilian hospital staff, remained mostly empty.

She peered through the slit windows of each door, cupping her eyes against the glass to get a better look through.
Eventually, she saw her mark: Risu was sitting on the floor, her knees pressed up to her chest. Fa knocked. "Risu!" she whispered. Slowly, the squirrel looked up with puffy eyes. She'd been crying. "I've come to get you out!"

Fa grabbed the door handle, giving it a brief tug. Locked. "Damn it..." She looked around the mostly-empty hallway, and for a moment, silence. Then, she could hear the sound of footsteps. The blood drained from her face as she watched the bend in the hall, anticipating it was a Titan who'd caught onto her scheme. She clutched her pistol.

I've never shot anyone before... she thought, preparing herself mentally for a fight. Just as the footsteps grew closer, she grew ever more tense: Fa was about to draw her gun when the source of the footsteps showed itself. A janitor. She let out another sigh, allowing her hand to fall from her holster and down her side. "Uh, excuse me." she spoke. "Can you open this door? I forgot something in here."

Without an audible word, the janitor grabbed the massive keyring off of his belt, fumbling with each of the dozens of old keys as he begun the process of unlocking the door. Fa waited, glancing over her shoulder nervously. Finally, the door opened, and she stepped inside. "Risu, I'm here to help. Your friends sent me to get you out of here, now come on! My mobile suit is waiting outside, we have to go, quickly!"

Letting out a loud sniffle, the squirrel got up onto her feet, rubbing her eyes with gloved hands. "O-okay."

Edited by Rabbidy
  • Like 2

There was almost a lull in the combat as the Oriole flickered among its enemies, striking here or there to keep the Leo’s on their toes. But now the grunts had pulled back somewhat and the Oriole paused.

I see…new orders coming in maybe?

Then, like a flash, a lone Leo flew headlong for him, beam saber draw and descending in a heavy arc overhead. The rest of the grunts leveled their rifles on him and waited for their opening.

“You’re good,” came the voice of Lady Une. “But this is as far as you go, Gundam,”

Apollo shifted the feet of the black Gundam, bringing one back to brace against the incoming Leo as he threw his lance to the side, where it stuck itself in the earth, and drew his GN Sword IIs. The Oriole brought the swords in front of it in a crossed X, catching the blade of Une’s beam saber moments before it sliced into the Gundam.

“Are you kidding me, lady?” Apollo laughed, dropping his heroic façade for a moment. “I’m not just good, I’m freakin’ great,

Much better than you at least, you old bag.

Une must have been putting a lot into her attack—Apollo could feel the Oriole begin to slip backwards. Beneath the perpetual smile of his golden mask, the diver smirked, allowing the mobile suit to slide further and further back.

Let’s see how much energy we can waste, huh?

Finally, after he had had enough, Apollo broke the lock and let the beam saber slip forward, its pink blade grazing the Oriole’s torso and revealing some of the inner workings. It was an unfortunate necessity, Apollo decided as he flared his thrusters in reverse.

“Let’s dance, my lady,” he said, affecting his hero voice once more. The Oriole slammed the hilts of the two GN swords together, forming a double-bladed staff and passing it off to its right hand as the left hand pointed to the Leo. With a shift of its legs, the Oriole lowered itself into a stance akin to a martial artist and stood still for a moment before lunging forward. Apollo feinted with the staff, making it appear as if he were going to slash at Une, but instead launched his beam shield off the left arm.

Waste of my goddamn time…

• Like 2

Shin just watched as the Tallgeese flew past him and heard the words of the pilot but today was different. He wasn't in the mood for playing games. He used this to gauge the speed of the Tallgeese a smile appeared in his face. The group wanted a distraction then they would get one. The Tallgeese wasn't interested in him now but… what if all his support was taken out in one fell swoop.

The wild beast of GBN began pressing buttons and messing with settings for a moment. The NPD messed up with its assumption he had been underestimated. In reality he hadn't thought of what an all out attack meant. All the other HUD options disappeared from the Astral AGEs gauges  and a prompt appeared on his screen. 

"AXCEL SYSTEM" 

Shin looked at the screen and the activation button. He only had a limited number of uses of this but now was a perfect time to test the system to its full power. He really wanted to save this for it's true target that knockoff pilot but that didn't matter now. All that mattered was him saving Risu and showing GBN what messing with him meant. They would remember, no they would fear, never to attempt something like this again! 

"Show them how you howl…. Go FX Burst AXCEL!" 

As the system activated it opened up showed many thrusters placed all over the unit. And they all shot off the unit holding it place as the face plate moved down showing what looked like a mouth of something like a demon. 

Like a rocket the machine took off flying toward the Aires. As if it was nothing it shot past the Beta and the Tallgeese. And with the blinding speed closed the gap with the first Aires unit slashing at it with a beam saber. After it's slash the thrusters burned again this time shifting it's direction to dodge any incoming attacks. Spinning in the Air its cannon appeared from it's back and shot a few high powered shots at the other Aires units. He would make this quick as his timer was already ticking away. 

• Like 2

A sudden spike of energy was detected by Aida’s enhanced underwater sensors. Kyle couldn’t see the enormous object coming at the Aquatel and the Pisces with a massive laser cannon preparing to fire, but Aida, who was submerged, could. He tried to use his thrusters to steer clear, but the Pisces was using all its thrust to keep him in place like its life depended on it, when it looked like the contrary to him. Desperate, he attempted to contact its pilot. “Oi! If you hold me down, he’s going to hit you too!” Receiving only static, his bewilderment grew stronger. “You’re going to die! Don’t you even care?!” More static came through the wire, and as the big Mobile Armor approached, leaving bubbling water on its wake, he wondered if he’d be killed. Of course, the worst thing that could happen to him would be to turn into a Newtype ghost, essentially the game’s spectator mode, and having to wait until after the battle to respawn in a hospital god knows where, then an hour before his Gunpla was repaired. But it wasn’t that which worried him. It was the fact that he was supposed to be the leader of the team, and he wasn’t leading the advance. What am I even doing? Opportunely, a torpedo came from above to help, severing the Pisces’ arms in time for Aquatel to use its thrust and narrowly escape the wrath of Sub Walo, while the Pisces was hit with full force by a gigantic beam. “Thanks, Kyle! You just saved my bacon there!” However, he was still within the firing cone, and smaller offshoot beams had hit Aquatel’s armor, piercing holes in his shoulders and taking off a chunk of his waist armor. Unaware that the Pisces and Cancers were, in fact, Mobile Dolls, he watched his enemy implode, having not gotten out of the way in time. They would give up their lives, just to bring us down with them? Why does my chest hurt? Dodging as many of the beams as he could, he tried to bring the Sub Walo into close range for an attack. “I won’t be laughed at! I’ll show everyone I’m worthy of commanding this unit!”

Meanwhile, the attack raged outside Mogadishu Base. While Isla kept the Marasai force at bay, away from the Comet Dagger, Paptimus Scirocco had pinned Carter behind some unmarked freezer boxes with his shiny new gun. The lights soon came back on in the hallway, lighting his visage once again. His expression changed to that of bewilderment upon hearing Carter’s attempt at initiating a conversation with him. Seeing right through his ruse, his tone switched to a more angry, if still calm one. “Enough of your impertinent nonsense. We already have one of your co-conspirators. You’ll want to surrender, lest you see the tears of time.” As the figure on the unique, dark blue uniform slowly approached the boxes, Carter heard a weird sound effect, followed by Scirocco quickly turning his head around and unexpectedly unholstering a second pistol, like he was warned exactly of what was going to happen in a second. Entering the hallway from the other end, Fa Yuiry and Risu quickly found themselves staring down the sights of the spare firearm. The Titans member quickly understood what was happening upon seeing Risu next to Fa: after all, he had been the one who had her locked away, and Toto Yuiran shot for attempting to sneak her across him as his daughter. The thought of a spy attempting to undo his progress made his blood boil. “Come to die, have you?!” Before anyone could say anything, Paptimus opened fire on Fa, ignoring both Carter and Risu for a second. Both could do something to stop him, but it wasn’t so simple as leaping on him just because they weren't the focus of his attack. Scirocco had a weapon pointed in the direction of each, and it was possible that his sixth sense would just tell him of the impending threat, to shoot them between the eyes, then finish Fa off once they were dealt with. It was possible that there were other solutions to their problem, but they needed to think quickly: there was a split second decision to make.

Edited by Replicator
  • Like 1

To say that Une was flustered would be an understatement. She growled as the Gundam mocked her. “This isn’t some game you fool this is war!” She chided as raised her shield to block the attack she thought the black suit was going for. Her eyes widened as the beam shield came in instead however. She thought that surely she messed up and would pay the ultimate price and would have had a Marasai not rammed into her taking the punishment from the Oriole in her stead. Kacricon cried out over the radio, “Lady you must ret-“ his please was cut short as his mobile suit exploded. Une back-stepped, shocked by the sacrifice but quickly composed herself as she realized the Marasai’s moving in. It all made sense now, the mobile dolls were suffering severe losses and Kacricon must have ordered the manned units to come in and provide cover for an organized retreat.

She stared hatefully at the Gundam but knew better than to waste the sacrifice given. “All units withdraw to the base. Mobile dolls will provide covering fire. We need to regroup.” The Leo’s complied and began to focus fire on the black mobile suit as Une cautiously retreated.

——

Otto scoffed as his big shot seemed to have failed in eliminated the enemy targets. “Stupid piece of junk!” He cried out. Of course the Sub Walo wasn’t originally designed for underwater combat and those moronic Titan engineers didn’t know the first thing about proper environment conversion. A spray of water squirted on his visor from a crack somewhere. “At this rate I’ll be swimming!” Growling, Otto brought the cannon around for another shot. He noted the peculiar mobile suit coming in for a closer attack, “the closer you are the harder it is to miss!” He announced as he brought the pressure up for a follow up attack. “All water units keep that other one (Kyle) off my back while I take of this guy (Aida)!” Of course the dolls didn’t reply but obediently complied as they regrouped to execute the order. 

——

Rain recoiled from the blue and red beam from the MKII Strike’s Launcher cannon. It was as if the weather was put on pause as the beam sliced along the ground to approaching Marasai units. To Kamille’s credit the took out a couple units with one hit. Steam made a noticeable but temporary shot trail from the canon’s beam. 

Marco hissed as he brought Bael back to its’ feet. He had managed to land well enough but it was still a rough approach. The man looked up to see his teammates in a tangle over head. “They can take care of themselves…” he stated more to convince himself more than anything else. Again Kamille fired another shot and Marco twisted his face with genuine concern, “Kamille! Watch your energy!” His warning was seemingly lost as a yet another  shot rang out. Bael flared its’ thrusters to hover quickly towards the grounded gundam and he reached out to try and lower the steaming barrel before the teen could take another shot. “Kamille!” He warned once more, this time the pilot did pause and turned his mobile suit to regard his comrade. “I may have over done it…” Kamille admitted sheepishly, “My energy is started to get low.”

Marco looked around to see the handy work the boy had done and even he had to admit it was a worthwhile trade perhaps but they weren’t retreating just yet. “Ditch the cannon take my sword up, we’re going to have to hold out a little bit long-“ his train of thought was cut off by the brilliant glow from the Noventa Cannon reaching up overhead. “Look out!” Marco warned for his aerial comrades. 

The diver’s concerns were compounded as more Marasai got within firing range. Their shots raining down on the grounded duo. “That’s enough of this!” Marco growled, “Follow my lead Kamille, use me as a shield and lets take these guys down!” Bael dove into the beam shots, the weapons splattering against the nanofilament armor only stunning the suit a bit with each hit but not enough to stop the wicked gundam. The MKII picked up the discarded sword mace and ran up behind Marco, weapon raised ready. Together the duo approached the enemy line and began a savage counter attack. 

——

One by one the dolls were sliced up by the Axcel. Noin looked on with a sense of dread as the dangerous unit slowly but surely got closer and closer to her. A lesser pilot would have panicked and fired at the gundam with abandon but Noin was a true professional. A warning on her comm, made her choice easier. She commanded a pair of dolls to follows her as she climbed her Aires up to a higher elevation, “Lets see what that does…” the beam of the Noventa cannon brush harmlessly below her towards the enemies and what remained of her dolls. It was an expensive sacrifice but one that could easily be worth the exchange. “Expensive but not costly…” she mused. 

——

Zechs dared to smile as he saw the bizarre hip cannon snap and take a shot at him. They didn’t call him the lightning count for no reason;  snapped his blade down at the cannons just as they unleashed a volley at the Tallgeese. The explosion from the hip beam gun blast  rattled the white Oz mobile suit and sent it tumbling. “That’s more like it Gundams.” Zechs mused just as the blast of the Noventa cannon came in. It exploded before hitting anything just like before but branched off into tendrils of destruction which did reach for the two flying members of Alpha team. Tallgeese just cleared the blast as it tumbled towards earth and flared its thrusters to level off and land on the ground. Zechs tossed the broken beam saber away to pull out the dober canon once more to aim up. He wasn’t careless and knew that unless he saw the enemy get destroyed they were still a threat. More importantly though he noticed the number of dwindled dolls at their disposal due to his little maneuver. “Noin pull back at once. We can’t defeat the enemy with such little fire power, I’ll cover you!”

“Be careful Zechs! Don’t get reckless!”

Zechs smirked, “you know me too well Noin.” 

• Like 1