Tenses

Valiant

I'm rather surprised that I have to make this post but it's better to do so now than rip my hair out later on once the RP kicks off.

We are describing a past or fictional event in third person, so we should be writing in past tense. We are still warming up with the character profiles so I will turn a blind eye to that, even though it is still a painful read, especially where there is a mix of *cringe* present and past tense.

I hope we don't have to address this again during the RP.

I'm still looking through the character profiles. Do help each other to improve the profiles, especially for the members who are new to RPing. Veterans please go and lend a hand.

2 hours ago, Valiant said:

Still seeing this in posts by @Acidic. In case you missed this post.

just a little tip. don't call people out in public over minor shit like this without going to them first in private. it is really rude. i know my tenses are sometimes wonky but publicly shaming me isn't gonna fix anything. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Acidic said:

just a little tip. don't call people out in public over minor shit like this without going to them first in private. it is really rude. i know my tenses are sometimes wonky but publicly shaming me isn't gonna fix anything. 

It's a gentle reminder not public shaming. If you feel ashamed by the way you write then please go and work on the tenses. I'm not the only one who's reading the posts.

We are a literate RP so it is expected that you at least get the tenses right. We have already lowered the standards a lot to accommodate for new players. As I said in the opening posts, we are more lax about the character profiles right now until everyone gets up to speed. Definitely make sure this doesn't show up in the RP itself.