Sign in to follow this  
Valiant

Final Fantasy?

I used to be into it. Back in the day I used to cosplay a nice blackmage! With that said though last (and really only FF I’ve ever finished) was six. I really liked it for the story and even the use of sprites. I think it was the pinnacle of the 2D versions of the games, not to mention some elements were pretty clever for the time. 

I like the mix of Sci-Fi and Fantasy the series has, but I've never really played much of them. I remember liking FF7 when I was younger, and I played a bit of the original's GBA port, but aside from that, I haven't had much exposure to the franchise.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Roromi said:

I used to be into it. Back in the day I used to cosplay a nice blackmage! With that said though last (and really only FF I’ve ever finished) was six. I really liked it for the story and even the use of sprites. I think it was the pinnacle of the 2D versions of the games, not to mention some elements were pretty clever for the time. 

FFVI is my favourite. Hands down. I haven't played anything beyond FFVIII though. Lack of time is my excuse. These RPGs take a lot of time especially for a completionist like me.

12 hours ago, Truegear said:

I like the mix of Sci-Fi and Fantasy the series has, but I've never really played much of them. I remember liking FF7 when I was younger, and I played a bit of the original's GBA port, but aside from that, I haven't had much exposure to the franchise.

Highly recommend FFVI for the story. It is a really cool combination of fantasy and magic in a futuristic world. Hard to think of any game that is similar in this regards.

I've only really played two of them; Final Fantasy 3 on the DS and Final Fantasy 12 on the PS2. I love them both to death but I think 12 is my favorite. I spent weeks playing that game on my first playthrough to the point to where my friends genuinely didn't know where I was in the story and I didn't either. I had gotten so side tracked in just playing the game that I had gained 20 levels over what I should have and spent the rest of the playthrough hulk smashing story bosses until the end game. I want to get the remaster for the Switch and play it all again, fiance permitting, and do the same routine.