What other series are you interested in?

Valiant

What non-Gundam series would you love to see on MechaBay? I have plans for Evangelion, Code Geass, and Patlabor. These have varying complexities, but they would be a lot easier to complete compared to the vast numbers in the Gundam universe.

• Like 1

I know it gets convoluted and confusing because of the original version vs the American version but what about Robotech? I always liked the mech from that series! 

A non-anime suggestion I got would be for Titanfall! The story is open enough, and the mech are fun! Would be a great universe to play in! 

• Like 1

I would say the main appeal of the titans is the AI. The idea that you mecha is also your companion whose charged with not only working with you but preserving your life. As you play the game you get little vibes for the personality of the mech as you pilot it. 

Aside from that the mechs are kinda neat in their variety I.e. certain classes/types. Some are designed for close combat, others for distance, etc. granted there’s limited variety but you tend to see them customized enough to make them stand out. 

If you ever get the chance I’d recommend playing titanfall 2 ! The campaign is short but very solid. 

• Like 1

On 27/03/2019 at 01:10, Truegear said:

Ok, so, if any and all giant robots are fair game, then I feel compelled to mention Super Sentai.

Care to elaborate more?

On 26/03/2019 at 23:19, Roromi said:

I would say the main appeal of the titans is the AI. The idea that you mecha is also your companion whose charged with not only working with you but preserving your life. As you play the game you get little vibes for the personality of the mech as you pilot it. 

Aside from that the mechs are kinda neat in their variety I.e. certain classes/types. Some are designed for close combat, others for distance, etc. granted there’s limited variety but you tend to see them customized enough to make them stand out. 

If you ever get the chance I’d recommend playing titanfall 2 ! The campaign is short but very solid. 

Sounds like fun! Thought sadly time is a luxury I lack right now. Would the series be suitable for a mecha database though?

• Like 1

On 01/04/2019 at 19:53, Valiant said:

Sounds like fun! Thought sadly time is a luxury I lack right now. Would the series be suitable for a mecha database though?

You know I suppose it could be. There’s really only like 9-11 different mechs? They all have different features. Would require some digging around I suspect. 

• Like 1

On 06/04/2019 at 00:51, Roromi said:

You know I suppose it could be. There’s really only like 9-11 different mechs? They all have different features. Would require some digging around I suspect. 

That's a reasonable work load. A lot less compared to the other series we are working on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...