Benjamin Alan Grimsdottir

Roromi

So I’m not as knowledgeable about UC as CE but here’s my go at my character that I’d like to use. I tried to keep him a little generic, I invite all feedback! I’ll be happy to add or change anything.  I can’t wait to see what everyone else has worked up! 

Biography

Full name: Benjamin Alan Grimsdottir “Grim”

ts6lW5MloZE67mS2AmWctPpGO4rY46bOAGs-_SRhaj5lBBRNC33hzlmpcmaiInrpPHtBePaQC-m2dHfKZT-0oY_JtYuaCi9pCRcAtvsxBloiLClIxzWQL_E4KpV-apicvYYMqe3k
Faction: Federation (assigned to AEUG)

Sex: Male

Height: 6’1”

Weight: 180 lbs

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Bleach blonde almost white

Skin: Pale

Handiness: Right handed

Personality:

True to his name he has a grim outlook on life and focuses more on surviving than anytype of glory. He sees what needs to be done and performs the task to the best of his ability. He is a natural leader and strives to make comradery with his peers but tries to avoid deep connections, choosing to be approachable but callous; after all You never know who could be next to go in war.

Strengths and weaknesses:
Grim is both cautious and cowardly he will take his time to analyze a situation to be as prepared as can be. If he feels like him or his squad are over their heads he won’t hesitate to pull back to reassess the situation. If forced into a corner he will act desperately.

Grim focuses on the immediate situation and doesn’t always follow his superiors orders. He remains practical in his approach to tasks and often gets in trouble for not completing objectives. His maverick nature endears him to his men however and they are quick to make a strong loyalty to him.

Because of his nature, if enough of his squad is in danger he will act out emotionally, this recklessness is what keeps him from climbing the military ranks any higher.

Appearance:

Grim is in great physical shape and has a commanding stature at 6’1”. He knows how to interact with people to appear intimidating. His demeanor is usually calm but when things get serious he can get riled up. Because of his leadership position he tries to remain presentable at all times.

History:
Having grown up in Alaska, Ben has always been an outdoorsman both hunting and fishing. At the outbreak of the one year war with Zeon he felt compelled to join the federation to protect his Mother Earth. While a talented soldier, he was merely seen as acceptable in his units due to his maverick nature. By the end of the war he had developed a bit of a reputation by acting unconventional but effective. Being in charge of a small group of men and being given a task seemed to be his lot in the military and he was fine with that.

When deployed he will often dress out of his uniform to appear as an irregular soldier. He will repaint his assign equipment to try and match his assignment and will “do his best” to keep his men alive. Although his unit has an average performance record, their survivability is notably higher.

During the Gryps Conflict his unit was assigned to earth and to help maintain stability. He took this time to entrench his unit and run drills to prepare for the “unlikely” clash that could happen on their front.

After the battle at Dakar the Federation began to panic without the cooperation of the Titans. They began to strategize ways to come out on top of the seemingly separated conflict between the AEUG and Titans. Near the end of the conflict they decided to slowly begin investing resources into the AEUG. Grim was recruited into the situation and was hastily promoted to captain (to give him credibility) before being assigned a simple task: join the AEUG and provide military support in any way possible. Some could view his efforts as being subversive, while others simply may not care. His goal has always been to protect the earth at any expense.

As the conflict escalated to its crescendo the efforts for the war were aimed towards the heavens and Grim was soon deployed to space. His arrival missed the last battles of the war and he was put in the critical situation of rallying the scattered AEUG assets. The vacuum created by either the destruction or disappearance of key AEUG leaders made it easy for Grim to take control of the remaining forces. Fate seemed to play a twisted role as he became the de facto leader of the AEUG overnight. His natural leadership, and logical orders seemed to fill a void that the AEUG was experiencing and he remained the glue that kept the tattered forces together.

Possessions: N/A

Kills: N/A

Role plays:

Zeta Destiny

Coliseum battles:

A Momentary Battlefield

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valiant said:

Cheers. Nothing else of note that needs to be changed for now. Maybe some tweaks when more details of the setting is up.

Sounds good to me! Like I said I wanted to make him slightly generic to accommodate my rusty UC knowledge.