New Gundam RP timeline

Valiant

Several people have indicated a keen interest in joining a Gundam RP. We are starting a new timeline here so jump in and let us know which you prefer. I would like to aim to start AND end the RP within a reasonable time frame. I propose that we give ourselves a deadline of 3 to 4 months to finish the arc, and then we can work on developing it further. But at the very least, we have to deal with the series of events within this time.

This gives us a very visible end point and to drive the RP forward. This requires participants to be relatively active. I hope you are able to commit and sprint towards the end. Of course, the suggested time frame will be discussed and decided. We might even do a one month sprint if the group is committed to that.

I plan to start a Cosmic Era RP as a continuation of the legal Advent Destiny RP, and also an RP in a separate timeline. My preference is towards the Universal Century timeline because it is more developed and we have a larger range of time span to choose from. For each RP, we will start once we hit 5 participants.

For now, I won't do a poll but rather I want to hear out your preferences. Then we'll proceed to discuss the individual RPs in separate threads.

CE RP: https://play.adventdestiny.com/topic/1482-cosmic-era-rp-planning/

I suggest we start post SEED and pre Destiny, maybe with some of the early events of Destiny such as the Armory One incident. I think we should avoid devastating events like the Break the World disaster. Starting post SEED reduces the advantage of ZAFT's mobile suit power since the Earth Alliance has developed its own mass production units by then. And the sceptre of the First Bloody Valentine War would be a useful backdrop. Characters could have been affected by the War to do or not do certain things.

And instead of just a clear two-sided war between the Alliance and ZAFT, we could have smaller factions within each that contradicts the goals of the factions. Think Titans or Zeon rebels.

UC RP: https://play.adventdestiny.com/topic/1483-universal-century-rp-planning/

For the UC timeline, we have a larger scope to work with. There's the One Year War, Gryps Conflict, the two Neo Zeon Wars, and the LaPlace Incident. All of which are great material to play with.

Edited by Valiant
Added links to planning threads
  • Like 1

I would definitely prefer the UC timeline as I know nothing about SEED. Sorry to be that guy but I couldn't stand SEED or OO. But if we did a UC side story kinda thing like rise from the ashes or blue destiny mangas I think that would be really cool. I'm also down for PC I think it's called (the ibo timeline) I've also never done this before but am very excited to start

7 hours ago, Saigō_Slade said:

I would definitely prefer the UC timeline as I know nothing about SEED. Sorry to be that guy but I couldn't stand SEED or OO. But if we did a UC side story kinda thing like rise from the ashes or blue destiny mangas I think that would be really cool. I'm also down for PC I think it's called (the ibo timeline) I've also never done this before but am very excited to start

We will do CE and another. UC seems the most likely for now. Did you mean Post Disaster? That's possible but my preference leans towards UC.

1 hour ago, Guest Haro Genki said:

is this the link from the Gundam subreddit ?

Yes this is from r/Gundam. Good to see you here

Keep it coming people! And help to spread the word at your regular RP haunts. See if you can recruit any Gundam fans or anyone interested in trying mecha RP.

Let me do a tally of the interest so far:

Valiant - CE and UC
Saigo - UC or PD
Acidic - CE and UC

I’d feel most comfortable with CE. Maybe down the road I’d be willing to try something else?

I also like the idea of post seed/ pre destiny. It would be fun to twist the story from there but also have the technology resources that we see from destiny. 

• Like 1

Current interest:

Valiant - CE and UC
Saigo - UC or PD
Acidic - CE and UC
Natalie - CE

Frosty - UC
BrightBlurr - CE
Roromi - CE

@Acidic would you be able to commit to both UC and CE? Or would you be keen to do only one RP? CE is ready to start. UC would have four including you and me, and we would need perhaps one more person. 

6 hours ago, Valiant said:

@Acidic would you be able to commit to both UC and CE? Or would you be keen to do only one RP? CE is ready to start. UC would have four including you and me, and we would need perhaps one more person. 

I could do both. I have another idea for a character that is a bit more goofy but would fit right into the UC. I'll try and have my character stuff for CE done tomorrow night.

7 hours ago, Saigō_Slade said:

What do I need as far "character stuff"?

I'll work on the guide soon. Since most of them are experienced RPers I'll hold off the guides till later. But anyone who's keen to do some guides please feel free to do so. @Saigō_Slade you can ask for help in our Discord channel.

6 hours ago, DragonDaimyo said:

Given past experience, I'm pretty comfortable with doing a CE-era RP. I'm open to UC as well, though I don't know much of canon past Char's Counterattack.

Would you do both? @DragonDaimyo For UC there are many areas for RPing. There are five major conflicts: One Year War, Gryps Conflict, First Neo Zeon War, Second Neo Zeon War, and the LaPlace Incident. And for each of these we can set during or post those events. My personal preference is after Gryps Conflict or during the First Neo Zeon War. But that would involve several canon characters and I rather not have them in the RP. The alternative would be to swap them with original characters.

5 hours ago, Saigō_Slade said:

That's why we should do a side arc 0079 or something!?

P.s.when is this going to start? 

Most likely post 0079 where the Federation and Zeon are broken up into smaller factions. We are in the process of planning. They will start once the setting and characters are ready.