Introduce yourself!

Valiant

Hey there! New to Advent Destiny and old-timers alike, pop in here and say a few words about yourself so that the rest of us can get to know you!

I'll start the ball rolling.

Valiant, founder of the SEED RPG and Advent Destiny. I\'m a big fan of Gundam and to an extent, the mecha genre. My obsession with Gundam and writing spurred me to start a Gundam role-playing forum. Writing in my first love, but *photography* is my passion. I have many favourites when it comes to Gundam, so it is hard for me to pick. Rather, I'll give a brief detail of Gundam journey.

When I was young, I would pick up my dad's model magazines with pictures of Gundams. That intrigued me. However, my eyes were still veiled. Even my encounters of gunpla sets in the shopping malls did not result in an obsession, largely because I was too young to grasp the concept of building figurines. Why go through the trouble when you can just buy ready made toys?

My early experience of the mecha genre revolved around BattleTech, Patlabor and the super robot sub-genre. My first taste of Gundam came in the form of Gundam Wing. It was shown on TV back at a time before anime became a huge thing outside of Japan. I was hooked. I bought posters, cards, and created a Gundam Wing web shrine through coding raw HTML in Notepad. As it were for teenagers, that flicker was extinguished when I got into gaming and Star Wars. Gundam SEED was released before I entered university. With a lot of spare time and little to do, I gobbled up the series and wanted more. I plunged into research on the genre. And I've been immersed in Gundam since.

I also founded MechaBay, our sister site, that is dedicated to providing a high quality mecha database. I'm still a sysop on the Gundam Wiki but that encyclopaedia is in such a mess that it is almost impossible to clean up. MechaBay is sort of a reset to build a proper mecha database from a clean slate. A crowdsourced database like the Gundam Wiki has the advantage of sheer volume of content, but I believe that we can build up MechaBay a step at a time and come away with a polished site that is free of distracting advertisements. If you are keen to help, drop me a private message.

And with that, I look forward to meeting and getting to know our members new and old.

• Like 1

Hello. I'm Terra aka Tina. I love writing and role playing. I saw a post about this site and decided to come take a look. You guys have stuck around for some time huh? I'm not that familiar with mecha but it's a genre I want to try and explore. Looking forward to making new friends here.

• Like 1

Aye, I'm Acidic. My friends know me as 'that weird girl who has a gundam in her purse' cause I always carry around a Burning Gundam MG with me.

I got into Gundam and mecha in general with G-Fighter, it had been my favorite series until IBO came out. I've only built a small amount of gunpla (Three HGs; Char's MS-06S Zaku II, RX-78-2 Gundam, a Guard Frame and my Burning Gundam. And a Haro).

I'm primarily a writer, words are my strong point and I'm in school specifically to hone that skill. My vocabulary is my strongest trait, I've been told, and when engrossed in my work I craft such beautiful sorrows.

Also I'm that kind of trash to put a selfie in an intro thread. 

snapchatfilter.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hello I'm Andy. I used to be obsessed with Star Wars and we all know what a heap of burning garbage it's turned into. So hobbyless I went for months until I remembered I used to love Gundam when Wing was on toonami. I woke up the day after my birthday (no one got me anything) and decided I'd go buy myself a Gundam model. I grabbed Barbatos Lupus Rex because I thought it looked badass and absolutely fell in love with gunpla. I had built a tallgeese when I was about 12 but was to young to understand how to properly build it and I'm sure I did an awful job. So I wanted to learn more about the Rex I just built and found ibo...then watched it. Then freaked out because it was amazing and ever since I've been vacuuming up everthing Gundam for tge past year. I've built 30 or so Gunpla and recently got an airbrush rig so I've finally made it to the big boys. I don't really know what else to say....I'm dyslexic and bad at spelling so I'm sure that will come up. I went to film school to become a writer/director but that didn't pan out but I love creating stories and using my imagination. There are several Gundam series I can't stand SEED, OO, G, Build fighters ect. I really love the UC and a few outside of it....uhmm.....if you want to know anything else just ask ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

here's me in my normal suit

received_237420977159660.jpeg

• Like 2

Kinda. I'm watching Knights of Sadonia on netflix. It's alright. I've always wanted to watch Patlabor but don't know where to watch it. I used to watch Big O when it was on. I like mostly realistic, wartime, espionage type stuff. Other anime I like is Berserk, Cowboy Bebop stuff like that. 

15 hours ago, Valiant said:

You have a pretty big purse. Or does your gunpla do yoga often?

Its almost a leather bag lol, I can fit a gunpla, a small book and all of my other junk in it and still almost have room for my cat to slide in and bite everything.

15 hours ago, Terra said:

Welcome Acidic! I love to write too. I'm too trash to even put my selfie anywhere. 😢

Aww, thanks for the welcomes though!

Well, hello everyone! It was a bit of a shock to see an email from Advent Destiny after all this time. I've heard of thread necromancy, but this is the first instance of forum necromancy I've heard of. Not complaining, though! 🙂

I'm DragonDaimyo, though if you've seen anyone on the internets named Hobbles or Hobbles 1822, that's my usual screen name these days. I got involved in the old Seed RPG way back in 2005, and had a blast of a time with this and other RP sites, mostly Gundam related. I had first watched Gundam Seed a few months before I found the site, and it was what got me into watching anime seriously (as opposed to whatever was on Cartoon Network). Don't watch nearly as much as I used to, but Seed still holds a special place in my heart because of it.  That said, I am now very much a fan of Sword Art Online (Must. Watch. Alicization.), Attack on Titan, and a couple of others.

Life itself has been crazy, though, as it's wont to be. When I started here I was studying computer science. Now, I'm a licensed CPA and I got married a year and a half ago. A lot of my gaming effort has gone into Star Wars Armada these days, though I still play some computer games like Battletech and Total War: Warhammer 2. I also play a lot of mobile games these days, with Fate Grand Order and Azur Lane being my mainstays.

So yeah, really fun to see this back up and running! I'm looking forward to reconnecting with the old crowd and with some new faces! Fun times! 😃

• Like 2

Woah! @DragonDaimyo how have you been dude?! It's been quite a while. We restored the forums previously from scratch and I was only able to reach out to members who were on Facebook. This attempt had access to all the old contacts and boy am I glad it got you back here. Stick around and stay in touch, both here and on other social media. We have a Discord channel now. It seems a more popular platform than IRC nowadays.

Delighted to have one of the earliest members of the site back here.

Hello Everyone! I’m Frosty and I’m a newer fan of Gundam. A couple of years ago I saw an old Toonami Wing commercial and I loved it. Ever since, I have watched practically every show, with my favorite being War in the Pocket. This will actually be my first time doing an RP forum. I can’t wait to start!

On 2/2/2019 at 10:09 PM, Saigō_Slade said:

Kinda. I'm watching Knights of Sadonia on netflix. It's alright. I've always wanted to watch Patlabor but don't know where to watch it. I used to watch Big O when it was on. I like mostly realistic, wartime, espionage type stuff. Other anime I like is Berserk, Cowboy Bebop stuff like that. 

Have you tried Code Geass? @Saigō_Slade

On 2/3/2019 at 3:48 AM, Acidic said:

Its almost a leather bag lol, I can fit a gunpla, a small book and all of my other junk in it and still almost have room for my cat to slide in and bite everything.

Aww, thanks for the welcomes though!

Keep the gunpla away from Catzilla! @Acidic

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FrostyFoster said:

Hello Everyone! I’m Frosty and I’m a newer fan of Gundam. A couple of years ago I saw an old Toonami Wing commercial and I loved it. Ever since, I have watched practically every show, with my favorite being War in the Pocket. This will actually be my first time doing an RP forum. I can’t wait to start!

Welcome @FrostyFoster I hope you’ll enjoy the RP. I’m sure the veterans will help you out if you have any queries. Don’t be shy to ask. We are a friendly bunch. 

• 1 month later...

Well, uh, hi, I'm Truegear. But just call me Gear.

I love G and Build Fighters and have barebones knowledge of the Universal Century besides the MSG movies. I like IBO and Fighters Try, and hate Divers. I haven't built anything yet, but I've got a Barbatos coming.

That's pretty much it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Truegear said:

Well, I watched a few episodes of Wing but got bored of it and I've started watching 00. I plan on watching Zeta and maybe Turn A soon.

Zeta is good. ZZ is a bit hard to get through but in today's world we can easily skip forward to the interesting bits. And it gets better again with CCA.

• 1 year later...

Hiya! I’m Nipa, nothing special besides the fact that I usually do kit-bashing and mods to my gunpla. (Oh, an i play GBO2)

I have built many models over the past 2 years now, but i’m still much of a newbie when it comes to the lore and such, i think my love for the gundam franchise started when i built my first HG zaku (which is now gone..) and how it gave a “menacing” look when i posed it.

As for my roleplay aspect, I’m relatively ok at it. I’ve been doing it for 5-6 years now yet i’m still the type of person who uses one-liners almost 100% of the time..

But uh... ye, that’s the info i got i guess, nice to meet y’all btw! (Also i have no idea how to use this website so please no bully)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, my name is John and I am a Gundamholic.. ....  Just kidding. My name is John, i am an old rpger. Been doing rpg, MUDs/MUX/MUSH/MOO for a while. Use to do table top rpg back with Second ed ADD and the THAC0 system, not to mention RIFTS.

I also play Gundam Breaker Gunpla Battler and a fan of Duo Maxwell and Wing as well as SEED. Additionally, i am active in Scouts BSA, married with 3 kids, 13, 11 and 6. So I am older, in my 40s, but be kind. I also joke alot and cannot wait to get into the rps and conservations here.

*looks around* So where could I drop Deathscythe into a now Wing RPG and get away with it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey dude welcome! I’m glad to see another ol- I mean mature member on here! Please look around and let us know if you have any questions! You can contact me directly (I’m a moderator here). We’re pretty social on the discord if you wanna swing by and say hi there (no pressure)! 

Here’s a list of all the roleplays we currently have on the board right now! List of roleplays

welcome!

3 hours ago, Roromi said:

Hey dude welcome! I’m glad to see another ol- I mean mature member on here! Please look around and let us know if you have any questions! You can contact me directly (I’m a moderator here). We’re pretty social on the discord if you wanna swing by and say hi there (no pressure)! 

Here’s a list of all the roleplays we currently have on the board right now! List of roleplays

welcome!

What is the link for the Discord