Character number: One

Faction: Ryan Leracko

General

Full name: Ryan Leracko

Nickname: Ryan

Race: Natural

Birthplace: Ireland

Citizenship: Earth Alliance

Personality: Ryan has had difficulty adjusting to just about every situation he has been placed in. He is rigid in his belief that he is not where he belongs. The fact that he never knew his mother has had a profound effect on him. Discussions with his father about her tend to lead to heated arguments that escalate quickly and leave both father and son depressed. He is reclusive although very intelligent.

Appearance

Height: 5’ 9”

Weight: 135

Hair Color and Style: Short brown hair. It curls when it gets long. Sometimes he spikes it.

Eye Color: Blue eyes, wears red tinted contacts.

Identifying Marks: Long scar down his right bicep.

Skin Tone: Tanned Caucasian.

Build: Long and lanky.

Clothing: Ryan wears baggy clothing, especially when it comes to pants. He is also seen wearing a head band on most occasions, although there isn't that much hair to keep back.

Handiness: Right-Handed.

Background

Mother: His mother disappeared shortly after his birth, leaving him along with his father and sister. Ryan’s father has never told him where she went or even what her name was.

Father: Gerard Leracko is a mechanic struggling to take care of his two children. He pushes Ryan to find work to help support the family and keep his daughter in school. He is 49 years old.

Siblings: Ryan Leracko has one sister whose name is Kelsey Leracko. She is two years younger than him and looks up to him with reverence. Ryan loves her but he has trouble feeling responsible for her.

Wife/Girlfriend: Ryan is in an on and off relationship with Laura, a girl he met in high school. At the moment, it is in the ‘off’ part of the relationship. She is 18 years old.

Personal History: Raised by a single father in Ireland, Ryan has always been in search of something more than the dullness he sees in every day life. He suffered through high school because his father wanted him to attend and because he had no other choice; the few times he tried to drop out of school, work was to hard to find so he had nothing to do but go back.

Ryan barely graduated from high school. He has spent most of his post-school time with his girl friend Laura, but the relationship hasn’t been faring well. Laura wanted Ryan to get a job, but he simply didn’t have the drive to get up and find work, so she left him. Desperate and lonely, he returned to his father’s home to ask for help finding a job. However, his father had stopped speaking to him a few months earlier after yet another heated argument concerning Ryan’s mother.

With no other options left for him, he decided to set out on his own in search of a job, and is now roaming the country, trying to find work. He hopes to one day return to his home to face his father and have the courage to apologize for the troubles he caused and the lack of respect he held for the man. He also hopes to get back together with Laura.

Until then, he is just another man searching for work and trying to get by.

Edited by Guest

Not a bad profile and the way you set this profile up in terms of Ryan's personality is quite moving.

However, some technical details to pick at first.  Please be sure to follow the Character Template.  (See the stickied thread.)  The headers (i.e. "Full name:..." should be in Bold.  Your chosen faction, from the look of it, should be the Earth Alliance.  Look at approved profiles in the 'Character Library' for examples.

For the 'Clothing,' this part: "Every once in a while he will don a sweatshirt if the temperature drops to extremes, but that’s a rare occurrence."  You could describe what he actually wears most of the time as well.

As for your History, at the very beginning you could go more thoroughly into what led Ryan to believe his early parts of life were 'dull.' 

He suffered through high school because his father wished it and because he had no other choice
  Did his father wish for him to 'suffer' or did you mean his father wished for Ryan to attend high school?  A little clarification would be sufficient. 

I know you are not that familiar with the Cosmic Era or with Gundam SEED in general, but there were two main conflicts in the Cosmic era.  The First Valentine War (Gundam SEED) took place in CE 70 while the second took place on CE 72-73 (Gundam SEED Destiny).  Both wars were quite devastating with the major cities on Earth affected as the N-Jammers deprived them of nuclear energy (First War) and the subsequent damage from the 'Break the World' incident where a numerous fragments of a space colony fell onto Earth and cause massive damage all over the world (Second War). 

Ryan was 4 and 6-7 respectively in these wars.  You could add more about the possible effects of these conflicts.  If you got questions about the wars or the Cosmic Era in general, just ask (see your intro thread. :).

As for the rest of the profile, I'm just wondering how Ryan felt when he had to leave his sister as he searched to make a living.  Otherwise, it's a decent start.

Thanks!

I'd originally copied the template into Word and then copied it back into the forum without realizing it wouldn't transfer the bold and the underline.

I'll go back and add more when I get a chance, and thanks for the history! I'll try and find out more, and use it for my character.