Re: Gundams / Tech from other series

Valiant

Actually, the entire AC gundams can fit

I am working/finishing conversions as we speak, so ZAFT can crush you!

Gundam Deathsycthe (Ver Ka. model, duetrion beam powered) in progress, figured out way to give it a beam scythe. Technically illegal since it does feature an upgraded Mirrage Collid System. Features trans-phase armor

Gundam Heavyarms (Upgraded GW version w/ double gatling gun, duetrion beam powered) in progress. Features new Particle Phase Armor as well as Trans-phase armor

Vayaete and Mercurius (Almost done, working out bugs) these two really needed the most overhaul and I had to name the new defensors (thanx MobileWeaponAce). But basic additions, each recieved a pair of "shorty" beam guns, a beam saber, etc.

Gundam Shenlong (GW Version) features beam guns instead of flamethrower, features Particle Phase Armor as well as Trans-phase armor

Tallgease (Trieze version): hammering out a few things, like how to convert the DoberGun into something more CE-like.

Wing Gundam Zero (Angel) not even close, concerned that it is basically the Freedom and the Destiny put together...

Wing Gundam (Ver Ka) not even close, concerned that it is basically the Freedom and the Destiny put together...

Epyon: Added some beam rifles and nearly done

Heavyarms (Waltz): just scary...like Destroy scary...need to balance more

Oh, I finished the Taurus conversions and am nearly done with the Virgo conversions shockingly for ORB (since they need it most).

Edited by Guest

Heavyarms? Its scarier if you make all his weapons beam. BEAM GATTLING GUNS. Then all you need is an N-Jammer Canceller and watch him match Kira.

The best part? He doesn't need to aim.

Vayeate and Mercurius is outclassed by Akatsuki, but as mass production suits, it might be interesting.

Actually, on the Heavyarms ZERO they  all are beam cannons, didnt want to think of the cost to resupply that thing constantly...basically the heavy arms is a walking Meteor without the super beam cannons. The base version the chest gatlings are still bullet fedm but the double cannon is beam fired.

also, Vayate and Mercurius have some tricks that make them fly better than that pimped out ride Cagalli cant use... For starters the Vayate's cannon is basically a focused positron cannon designed to break shields and shoot at extremely extremly long ranges; still working on it

Edited by Guest

Hmmmm...even though this is all very good....but most of this would be considered as uberweapons - and in this case will go in category "one of the kind"...so why bother with some these overpowered Gundams, while we could just re-invent some MPMW from other series (like it was did with ZAKU's and DOM's)? Maybe GELGOOG's (for ZAFT) and Rickdam's (for EA)?

That's what t569 did with the Taurus and I did with the Serpent.  But yeah, that's a good point as well.  *looks at various Zeon/Neo-Zeon/EF GM designs*

(Uh, Rick Doms would just be a variation of the DOM Trooper designed by Terminal.  Then again, my redesigning for the Serpent for the REA would be creating a DOM-like MW)

Rick Doms are just mobile suits. Not a "Gundam".

Well, its half a pity Gundams from other eras are pretty much SIMPLE compared to CE technology. Duel Gundam = RX 78-2, while the Gundam Mark II, RX 178 is outclassed by the Assault Shroud.

Sad that what took a few years to develop in the UC era took less than a year in CE. <_<

But Rick Doms are different from Doms themselves. They don't have the traditional hovering the Doms have, which, is a little sad. Oh yeah, about the little circular module at the torso of a Dom, its actually more of a "flashbang" type of weapon rather than a barrier or whatever in the UC ere. 08th Mobile Suit Team ftw.

And IMO, the chest gattlings should be beam; There's a big question of ammo placing. Making it beam is much more... proper?

Concerning Technology there's still pretty much untapped from SEED than Destiny had showed me. I mean when I first Saw Forbidden Gundam I was kinda surprised by the technology in it.

The shielding that bends Shots is similar to Akatsuki. But Akatsuki tends to completely redirect shots, I'm pretty sure ORB can take this tech and use it in some way.

EA has Forbidden Suit and can use the Curving beams and blocking beam technology. The Games proved that the beam can go forward or Bend depending on the desire so I'm sure it's credible enough.

Phase Shift can be used by all the armies. Considering the time line from Destiny and Advent, they can be implemented into ships or normal suits if necessary. It's old tech but fairly recent still.

ZAFT has DRAGOONS. Now the Chaos showed that a normal ( yet drugged up ) earth pilot can use 2 Dragoons. By now I'm sure the technology changed or at least became more usable for normal coordinators. The Targetting from Freedom also was created by ZAFT so they can use it. METEOR attachments also could be implemented into ships and Zaku's.

I mean, you people can be original as well. Use tech from the previous series instead of just ripping from other gundam series. It's jsut advice but a lot of Destiny suits sorta provided new tech for every Political group.

Well, a command ship is way too large it seems to power Phase Shift. Besides, in todays age it seems more proper to have the anti-beam coating on the ship that something hat negates physical attacks.

The Forbidden is based on some essence of colloid particles (the same stuff that makes the Blitz vanish).

The Chaos and the Legend used an improved psycomm system that allowed a natural awareness pilot to use the system, but It seems that it is still better to have a newtype using that system

But Beam Saber + Colloid Particles = Beam Scythe!, which gets you a Deathscythe! Finished the tech specs. now have to do the annoying writeup and the pray that the Junius Seven Treaty got voided, since any use of colloid particles was banned.

Well actually, there's a game with the name "Monoeyed Gundams" somewhere. Not sure if it actually has some. Though, I'm sure a few CE suits have a third "eye" on their heads. (Gold Frame, Buster) So that might count as "Monoeye" in a way. The ZERO system might require a VERY calm state of mind. Probably dull and boring Kira could do it. No big surprise. >_>

ZERO System in AD...OMG :D If only you knew how perfect that is for the new 3rd Generation Extended that have been developed. Which reminds me to make that write-up. ;D

Mobile Trace System? Is that AI? I'm hearing dolls.

What about Minovsky Particles...those ballon decoys, for ships?

Funny that CE doesnt have MIRVs. It could have already ended the war much faster

a mobile trace system is a cockpit system where in its most basic terms i can think you. you punch air, your Gundam punches. You kick, your Gundam kicks. Dont ask how vulcans, etc work I am not quite sure. Side effect. Your Gundam losses an arm, yours most likely will be broken from stress.

As to the ZERO system, I would (if I was running the show, which I am not and thank god cause Valiant does a great job with it along with all the other mods) be highly restricted. To master the system (to Zech's level) one clearly had to have a present and clear enemy, a collected state, and be physically at peek. Kira is WAY too emotionally unstable to use the system. The only CE pilots I could see mastering the system would be Rey and Athrun, since at the end of Destiny they are the only two who seem to be collected and unconfused enough to overcome the data overload. I mean the only person I truly think mastered the system was Zechs, since Endless Waltz Heero until the very very end was not able to ulitize the system to its fullest.

Also, the conversion I am using for the ZERO system focuses mainly to give pilots without newtype powers the awareness to use DRAGOONs how someone with those abilities naturally could. Because even with ZAFT's improved systems, the Chaos and Strike Freedom were unable to use the system to its fullest poteintal. Basically I would install it on a number of Windums and make Gunbarrel Striker packs for them.

The full ZERO system would have to be restricted to Gundams since you would only be able to have a veteran RPers able to use the system and not God-Mode with it.

The Mobile Doll system I(automated Mobile Suits) could be brought in as well since the EA as of Stargaser was trying to build unmaned mobile suits..

Edited by Guest

With regards to Kira being emotionally stable, I would agree... for SEED. However, in GSD, he has shown to be in better control of his emotions, except when it comes to Cagalli, Athrun and, of course, Lacus. :P

PS: This definitely, clearly, undoubtedly, absolutely, expressly a biased, shameless Kira fan-boy opinion.

PPS: I think studying for my test just fried my brain.

PPPS: Mmm... fried brain... tasty.