[battle: Flashing Blades] t569ssgoku vs. vesalius_451

t569ssgoku

OOC: Sorry about posting this before the match offically began, Vesalius, just put in your intro if you agree to the time limit. I wanted to set a shorter one so you could get your license faster and so I would actually remember to post since on longer ones I tend to let it them drift for days.

IC: Janus Trine was sitting in the ready room reading a manual. This machine has to be the most advanced machine I have ever read about, much less gotten the chance to pilot, however… Janus was interrupted by the chief mechanic of his staff, “Sir, you seem way to calm considering you are facing the Freedom, the most powerful mobile suit ever. Aren't you nervous at all?” Janus  stood up walking over to a large display as he began to answer.

“You are right, however, keep in mind I am not fighting the Freedom piloted by whomever originally piloted the machine…and technically, the Justice actually should have an advantage in a one on one duel. You see, the Freedom’s primary weapons are all mid range weaponry in the form of these Balaena plasma cannons and the Xiphias rail cannons. This machine was clearly designed to battle large amounts of stock mobile suits, and the data available seems to indicate this machine should have trouble against a single high mobility suit. Its only close range weapons are its Lacerta beam sabers, its CIWS, and its beam rifle. The Justice has all of these plus the beam boomerangs. I might be able to gain an advantage using the Fantum-00 backpack separately from the machine. But other than that the machines have equal mobility with HiAMT modes, and limitless power and phase shift armor. So it should just come down to pilot skill.”

Janus wasn’t really expecting a response, and one was not given. a few minutes later, Janus overheard the comm. line, “Sir, we are coming over the drop point. Are you sure you will not need a drop pod.” Janus smirked before he put his helmet on, having to quickly adjust his mask, “no, this machine is capable of reentry on its own. No need for me to waste one.” With that Janus walked to the flight deck.

Jumping back into the cockpit, Janus breathed deeply before pressing the button to activate the machine. The main display immediately displayed the following

[align=center]MOBILE SUIT NEO OPERATION SYSTEM[/align]

[align=center]Generation

Unsubdued

Nuclear

Drive

Assault

Module

G.U.N.D.A.M Complex

_Series AVTC-T1 Justice LA-SE3P_

Z.A.F.T[/align]

Janus took a deep breath as he opened the comm. line. “Janus Trine, ZGMF-X09A Justice, launching" With that the catapult fired the Justice out of the ship. In the middle of planning his reentry Janus stopped for one second to look out at the earth sphere. “It really is beautiful, I guess no matter how far away we come, that this place will always call us back.” With that Janus prepped his machine for re-entry. Janus didn’t even feel heavy pressure as he thrusted the machine forward towards the earth’s atmosphere. The reentry went far smoother than expected for Janus, most likely based on the technicians’ good prep for it and because of the advanced machine he was piloting.

Janus kept the machine freefalling, making adjustments as he went to keep the machine now in more a glide. Finally, Janus switched the machine to stand on its Fatum-00 backpack just under a cloud for his opponent to arrive. Janus made a few quick notes to himself about the islands, but making sure to take in the significance of this place. "Now for the curtain to raise for the stars to make their appearances..."

OOC: totally had to play GS J-pop while writing this...

Edited by Guest

Sean was never one for deadlines, but this other guy was starting to piss him off. He peered out from behind his paperback novel and gazed at the display screen. The suns rays barely punctured the cool blue water that was surrounding the mobile suit. "It's hard to believe that this blue and pure world has to be shared by those damn coordinators. Well, there is a positive side to this battle; one less coordinator will be breathing at the end of the day." Sean smirked, remembering the days he spent watching the movies. He remembered the pictures of blue cosmos members eradicating the space monsters that plagued "our blue and pure world". A large shadow passed over the suit, jerking Sean back from his daze. He returned to the paper back, once again becoming immersed in its pages.

"Sir, we have been advised that the other machine will be attempting atmospheric re-entry on its own. We believe that you should return to the ship as the probability of this pilot surviving is very slim." The voice cut out leaving Sean to ponder what his transport submarine had told him. He smirked again, amused by their incompetence. As he reopened the channel, this amusement turned into anger and disgust. "Tell me, what the hell am I keeping you idiots around for? The pilot won't die on re-entry. The suit was designed so it could do that!" He paused and waited for someone to reply to this, but only silence was heard. "Now, contact me only when you have something important and correct to say. Sean out." His gazed moved from the console right in front of his to the display screen and the pure blue water. Even if I die, this space monster will not return to the PLANTs alive. I promise that.

As more timed passed, Sean's only relief was the novel sitting on his lap. Its faded cover only attested to the fact that this was his most beloved novel. The book was so worn that not even the thick black writing on the top was able to be clearly made out. "This is getting boring. I mean, where the hell is this guy." Taking a deep breath, Sean placed his novel down beside his seat. It should be safe there. He turned his attention to a small phone sitting on the controls. It started to vibrate and moved towards the edge, sliding off not to long after. "Oh shit!" Sean grabbed for the falling phone before it hit the floor. His hand closed around the sleek black object, saving it just before it dropped to the floor. As Sean was bringing it up to his face, it viberated again. Flipping it open as it reached his face, a photo and a small message appeared on the screen. Sean smiled as he read the message. "Shani Andras file found. Will show when you return." He flipped the phone closed, stopped and said "Good, all six files have been found. Once I kill this guy, I can proceed as planned."

"That's enough of this, I think I'll be leaving now. This guy isn't going to show up. Whatta waste." Activating the Freedom's main drives and primary, secondary, and tertiary systems, he eased the thrustle output control forward, pushing it to full power and was about to ease his foot down onto the foot pedal when the transport submarine, by now had surfaced, sent him an urgent transmission. "Sir, we have detected the enemy suit. It's coming in fast, altitude 65,000 feet and decending at a rate of 5000 feet per minute! Time to contact... thirteen minutes!" Sean switched the communications off so it wouldn't distract him from the fight at hand. Since all the systems were already activated, all Sean needed to do was push the foot pedal down. As he did, the large Gundam came to life and shot forth from the depths. As it exited the water, Sean looked around and saw a small vessel near by. "Those stupid people are gunna get killed if they don't leave. Ah well, that ain't my problem." Sean was as happy as he'd been in the while as the Freedom rose to meet the enemy.

Edited by Guest

[OOC: Sorry, been busy with my new job.

Anyways, the time limit as requested, will be 4 Days.  Failure to reply (or to let the ref know if extenuating circumstances come up) within that time will result in forfeiture and automatic victory to the opponent.

Random battle order:

vesalius_451

t569ssgoku

And the match may now BEGIN! (No eye-gouging please. )]

The sky was blue, filled with white fluffy clouds. The water pure and blue and for one moment in time, all was peaceful. Sean was well aware, however, that this calm would not last. There will be another war, so the more coordinators I kill now, the fewer that will oppose our power in the future. The Freedom cruised effortlessly through the sky, giving Sean a sense of peace, and happyness that he hadn't felt since, well forever. "This battle will be over quick. No coordinator will ever beat the Irishman." Sean paused another moment and tried to picture the Justice in his head. "The only thing that matters for the moment is to destroy the atmospheric support unit. Without that, the Justice is weak and helpless."

Ten minutes had passed since the last time his submarine had reported on the Justices position. Better check in on them and find that damn space monster. Turning to comms back on, he sent a message to the submarine Nimitz. "What is your situation and more importantly, where the hell is the Justice." He paused for a response and after a moment it came. "Sir, we're fine and as for the Justice... it's right above you... Sean turned white. How could he have gotten so close without me noticing? More importantly , can I avoid death now? Sean moved quickly, and flipped the massive mobile suit over. All he saw was a dark silhouette above him. The Freedom raised it's massive shield and rifle.

"It's your turn to die, you space monster!"

Janus sat waiting, hoping the cloud’s moisture would help diffuse some of the heat coming off from his mobile suit. Janus watched the Freedom fly around blindly almost looking for him. The Justice was holding its right shoulder RQM51 “Bassel” beam boomerang in its right arm, unignited. Pretty nifty weapon, it will home back and come dock automatically. ZAFT really went out of there way for this machine. Looks like he noticed me…the quickest way to end the battle is to eliminate your opponent’s ability to dodge your attacks. Without its wings it can’t achieve HiMAT mode and will have to do the majority of this battle at sea level or on the islands.

The Justice quickly threw its beam boomerang to the Freedom’s right for a swing around shot. Janus quickly pushed the throttle up pushing the Justice at high speed toward the Freedom. Drawing his beam rifle Janus started firing volleys along with his backpack mounted beam cannons. Janus was not aiming for the Freedom, but around it, trying to pin it into place so the beam boomerang could hit its intended target…The Freedom’s plasma cannons on its upper wings.

Edited by Guest

Although Sean was a very good pilot, he wasn't perfect. The coordinator's strategy was indeed well thought out, but it just wasn't going to cut it. Oh shit... I can't escape... I'm gunna die... I'm gunna die... I'm gunna... no, no! "You'll die!" Sean new there was only one way out, and he was gunna have to do it right the first time in order to live. Cutting the Freedom's thrusters, Sean allowed the large machine to drop towards the water below. "You're idea was good, but..." Sean paused to laugh "You just aren't skilled enough to kill me." The boomerang, although a very powerful weapon, was limited by its poor accuracy. The drop in altitude had placed the boomerang on a direct path the the Freedom's shield, not it's important wings and right arm.

Time seemed to stop. In that one moment of time, the course of the battle changed. Now that the Freedom was relitively safe from the boomerang, Sean could focus on the incoming blasts. Activating the twin rail cannons on the Freedom's hips, Sean lined the cannons up and was about to fire when the boomerang hit the shield. This violent impact shoved the Freedom back rather suddenly, causing Sean to not only fire the cannons by accident, but for the aim to go out of whack. "Son of bit...!" Without the Freedoms thrusters to resist the force, the mobile suit was pushed even faster towards the ground.

As Sean watched the boomerang fly off into the distance, since the shield only forced to change direction, not stop, he happened to glance down and see a small island just below him. "Shit! If this suit hits it, even with the phase shift amour, then I will surely sustain some damage!" Sean moved his foot back onto the foot pedal and despressed it. Looking back at the Justice, a small grin appeared on his face. "You're gunna pay, you and that machine. That's a promise."

Edited by Guest

I hate to be "That guy" but a beam boomerang wouldnt hit a shield without a beam shield generator and fall off. I am going to check but I believe that the Destiny's bommerang cut right through Cagalli's Gundam's (name escaping me) shield with ease. Also, I am having a little trouble following your post completely. Things like "Sean unleashed everything the Freedom had." really dont give me anything to work with. Also, The HiMAT mode to my knowledge is where the wings are expanded so the Freedom can make high manuvers.

I will check on all these things but I am at work

liubei013, if you feel I am being overly picky feel free to override my concerns here but I feel this stuff needs to be addressed since vesalius_451 is using this as his license battle.

[OOC:

@t569: Concerns noted, but please remember to denote such with the informal [OOC] tag in the future.

@vesalius: He did raise some good points though.  A beam boomerang may not necessarily slice a shield in half because of the solid shield's anti-beam coating but it isn't necessarily a weapon that you can shrug off like a cotton ball, especially considered the speed and motion of the weapon.  (e.g. if someone threw a tomahawk at you and you had a thick and solid piece of wood to block it, the momentum would still affect you by knocking you back a little)

As I recall, the rail cannons are indeed powerful weapons but the power needed to charge the capicitors make it a difficult weapon to fire in such rapid succession. 

And, as also noted, you could use a bit more detail in your post.  While I do understand the general idea of 'unleashing' everything, you probably need more detail to allow t569 to get a good idea of what happened so he may respond appropriately. 

@t569: You're half right.  The HiMAT system is the combination of high maneuver capabilities and integration of multiple weapon systems.  (see MAHQ)

@both: Just because you both are using the highest grade nuclear Gundams, it doesn't suddenly make you God-I mean, Kira.  You still can only be allotted a certain number of actions to allow your opponent to respond. 

vesalius, I count no less than four moves in that single post that could never possibly be implemented in a general RP battle.  (picked off beam rifle shots with rail cannons, blocked a beam boomerang without apparent aftereffects, fired all of your weapons, and then drew your saber before closing in)  Typically, most posts consist of React and Respond.  (Meaning you react to whatever your opponent throws at you and then reply in kind)  The Respond move typically can be two (sometimes three) quick attacks, or one powerful attack.

The above applies to t569 as well as a 'just-in-case' reminder.

As for now, to keep things moving, t569 can reply to vesalius' all-out attack, but I will restrict the Freedom from coming in too close.  (Meaning you just started to head toward the Justice, but haven't gotten to closing the gap yet.) 

Time limit reset.]

OOC: Thanks! alot better now

IC: Janus had already put his beam rifle away and drawn one of his beam swords (left hip) as he pushed the Justice even faster. The Justice continued its charge against the Freedom. Janus was surprised that he didn’t even have to dodge the cannons since they fired off target. The boomerang missed, but it gave me an opening I can’t afford to miss

Closing the distance Janus leveled the Justice’s right arm to leave the beam sword level while covering as much of his body as possible with his shield. The X10A still seems to be off balance slightly. Janus started to move the Justice toward the Freedom’s right, planning to flyby and impale the Freedom’s beam Rifle, and maybe if he was lucky, the entire right arm. As he closed to about 100m Janus slammed the throttle down pushing the Justice at full speed. Janus was holding the right arm as level as possible but it came back just a little.

Sean was pleased with the result of his defence. None of the Freedom's wings or other parts had even been damaged. Sean was aware that this maneuver had left him open to a quick attack, but he wasn't worried. Even if the other pilot had been able to see this opening, he was covered. The rail cannons on the hips of the Freedom were a sure fire way to deter any attack, for the moment at least. So when the Justice charged him, Sean was surprised with this move. "If I was him, I would try to pin me down with the subflight lifter and attack with the Justice will it's free falling." In preparation for this move, Sean moved the large shield in front of the Freedom's waist, so the Justice couldn't see that Sean was drawing his beam saber.

Sean was surprised again when the Justice reached the 200 meter mark and still hadn't sent out the sub flight unit. "Maybe I was wrong. I think this idiot is gunna try and take me out with a head on charge." Sean looked at the Justice as it close in. "Shit, what the hell am I going to do about this?" Pausing, he remembered the HiMAT mode the Freedom was armed with. Activating this mode, Sean turned and looked back at the Justice smiling. "When you get close enough, I'm gunna move and cut you in 2, you filthy space monster!"

Janus wanted to laugh when he saw the Freedom move it's shield to cover its torso. Come on give me a little credit, you think I am not going to notice you pulling your saber. I had expected you to try to balance and shoot at me one more time.

Janus pulled the trigger, firing his beam cannons in the general direction of the Freedom, not really aiming for anything in particular. The Justice was still moving at about 80% speed towards the Freedom. Janus moved his right arm back into a thrusting position as he closed the distance. Janus was waiting for the exact second as he closed within 50m.

Sean took no notice when the Justice fired at the Freedom. He was far to busy trying to cover up his next attack. You idiot. Do you actually think that I would actually make such a predictable move? The beams  missed the Freedom completely. Once the beams had passed, Sean depressed the foot pedal and shot the Freedom forward. When the Freedom was within 100 meters or so of the Justice, it moved the shield, exposing the beam saber in its hand. Sean then brought the Freedom's right arm back over its shoulder, then brought it forward and threw the saber. As soon as the saber left his hand, Sean the moved the suit to the right again, deployed the rail cannons on its hips and fired at the Justice.

"Dodge this."