Re: [Battle: 1 on 1]PhoenixForce vs. Riku Ishimaru

PhoenixForce

Laike had only just arrived a few minutes ago.it is quiet but not for long.I just hope my Mobile Suit doesn't run out of power before he gets here.I am glad that Mobile Suits have air conditioning.Laike waited patiently for at least some sort of movement.He knew any moment now the pilot would be here in his Mobile Suit or at least he  hoped that they would be here any minute.

A few minutes later the scanners picked up movement coming towards him.Pleased to see that the pilot arrived, he opened up a channel to speak to his opponent.

"What took you so long"

Train moved the GuAIZ R slowly, he didn't fly but rather walked. This was slow but it saved energy, which was what was on Train's mind in this kind of battlefield. With this heat and the fact that there were few places to hide in; say for some hills and when a strong wind blows causing sand and dirt to be blown up for brief cover.

As Train approached the targeted area he noticed a Zaku in the distance. He smiled as it seemed the opponent had gotten here earlier than expected. Train looked closer to see that the enemy was in a ZGMF-1000/K Slash ZAKU Warrior, judging from the weapons on it. Since Train was once a ZAFT soldier this wasn't very hard to notice...

Suddenly as Train was inspecting the enemy, a channel was opened to him by the opponent. Train listened carefully and than replied...

"Ah well you see, it's such a nice day that i thought i'd walk for a change..." Train said this with a seemingly carefree state. His voice was kind and playful, like a kid, he was hoping this person would fall for it and think of him as a weakling. Therefore letting the man less cautious and unguarded...

[OOC: the randomised battle order will be as follows PhoenixForce will go first followed by Riku Ishimaru.

Please remember that the posting time limit is 6 days]

Mr Ref never really liked the desert... the sand blowing everywhere in to the eyes... the skin... into the joints between machines. As he watched the two participants entered the field of combat he opened up his diagnostics on the two suits.

Slash zaku phantom and a GuAIZ R... in a desert... Should be interesting he thought to himself better start the match otherwise I'll get yelled at

He opened up the comm channel to public as well as opened the external speakers of his ref machine before speaking. Ah right then, I want a fair fight please. This one on one match between Train Heartnet and Laike Rinawan will now begin

hmm now what to do about this pilot?I am sure he would have some skill with that GUAIZ R but how much is the question.Until I know how skilled this pilot is,I think I will get up close to the GUAIZ R.Depending on how he dodges will let me know more about their skills.

Laike noticed the distance between them. They were close but not close enough for him to make a physical assault on his opponent.He knew that if he could take out one of the railguns, he could take to an early advantage but the head was well the problem.He got out the assault rifle, put it in his hand and fired a few shots to the head and two shots spaced out to both sides of the GUAIZ R.

Once Train knew to begin to fight, he jumped backwards. The railgun's on either hips of the GuAIZ R and the GuAIZ R arm's held tight on the railgun to guide it. Although as soon as Train was able to access the railguns, a few beam shots came towards him in a triangle sort of formation.

"Tch..." Train said as he aimed the railguns and fired. The railgun beams collided with those of the beams that was aiming for his sides. Once they collided a explosion was created and pushed the GuAIZ R backwards due to close proximity.

Although with Train's attempt, a few more beams came through the smoke. Train quickly used the momentum of the explosion and the GuAIZ R boosters to fly higher and faster backwards in order to dodge the beams.

Once the GuAIZ R  hovered over the smoke, he located the enemy mobile suit by where it's last known location was and fired the railguns a few times.

hmm smoke, that will mean that the GUAIZ R will probably take flight to try and corner me.If I were him I would of gotten the railguns ready with this smoke distraction so he will probably use his railguns to attack me.Good thing I already have my rifle out.Now I should move over to that dune close by on the right.

Laike had turned and been moving towards the dune a little when his shoulder shield was hit a few times by one the railguns.He quickly fired a few shots with his rifle aiming in the exact direction of which the railgun had fired, hoping it would take out eiether  one of the railguns. 

Train stayed in the air for awhile, wondering if he had hit his opponent or not. Regardless, he was about to go check when all of a sudden, beams came out from the smoke and headed straight for the GuAIZ R.

Quickly the GuAIZ R dived down as fast as it could as the beams came by. Unfortunately it wasn't fast enough and had skinned off the GuAIZ R shoulder pads. Train noticed that the shots were aiming at his sides, which meant that his opponent wanted to destroy the GuAIZ R railgun's first.

Train calculated the direction of the last beam shots to pinpoint the location of his opponent. Although he found the spot the opponent shot the beam, the opponent could had moved already. The smoke/sand slowly started to disappear. As this happened and before the smoke/sand had fully disappeared, Train moved to the exact same spot the opponent was and looked around for clues of his opponent.

He saw a dune nearby and figured it was the only place the enemy could hide. The GuAIZ R took out a beam rifle rather than use the railgun's. Since the railgun's use alot of energy, while the beam rifle doesn't use the GuAIZ R's energy.

The GuAIZ R than fired a few beam shots with the beam rifle at the dune, trying to hit the enemy and also trying to make him come to Train.

Laike noticed that his attack on the rail guns had failed.He figured that his opponent would know where he was by now, seeing the smoke had cleared.Laike knew that his chances of disarming the GUAIZ R had know just gotten much lower. He noticed that the GUAIZ R was standing right where he had been before.

Laike moved threw the thermite incendiary grenade over the top of the dune just as the GUAIZ R began his attacks with the beam rifle. The attacks from the beam rifle had damaged his shield badly so he disarmed it.Fortunately though none of the beam rifle attacks hit the grenade and the grenade was heading towards the GUAIZ R.

Train watched as beam after beam was shot at the dune. Suddenly Train thought he saw something fly over. The GUAIZ R stopped shooting with the beam rifle for now, but it still had the beam rifle aiming at the dune.

Train zoomed in on something black, his eyes widened a little and than he quickly held the controls tight. The GUAIZ R now quickly took out it's shield and threw it's beam rifle as far away from the range of the grenade as possible. Than the GUAIZ R tried to jump back while having it's shield in front to prevent as much damage as possible.

Although it was too late, the grenade exploded. Although Train was able to get a little distance off, the explosion was too great. It blew the GUAIZ R backwards even farther from the force. The GUAIZ R had it's ankle area badly damaged. The shoulders of the GUAIZ R also took more damage, and the shield was now almost useless. Train took note that it would now be hard to run in this area and also the shoulders now overheats quickly, creating problems on using it too much.

As the GUAIZ R was blown back, Train tried to used the force of the grenade and his boosters to land or be close to the beam rifle he has thrown earlier. The GUAIZ R landed a fair feet or so beside the beam rifle. Train used a bit of the boosters to push the GUAIZ R in able reach of the beam rifle. Once the GUAIZ R took hold of the beam rifle, it aimed at the dune once more and shot a few times, to give back a surprise attack and to prevent the enemy from leaving that dune.

Laike heard the grenade like it had hit something, not on impact but in the explosion.Laike knew that was not the end of his opponent as he knew his opponent would of had enough time to dodge even part of the explosion.

Laike began to step back when he noticed a few beam rifle shots coming his way.Laike knew that without the shield that he would suffer a lot of damage from this attack and that the shield wouldn't help anyway.

Laike quickly turned his wizard pack towards the beam rifle shots, knowing that it  was too great of a risk for either his head or cockpit to get harmed.His wizard pack was severely damage from the attack, bad enough that he doubted the Gatling guns would work very well or even at all.

Laike moved away from the dune in the direction that the shots had came from, knowing he wouldn't of gotten very far away as he would of suffered from the grenade.He had not gotten very far when he noticed his opponent worse condition then he had expected.Knowing that his opponent wouldn't be able to move very well, he fired a few shots with his beam rifle at the opponent's beam rifle, knowing that if he could damage it, he would have this match in his favor.

(OOC: Whoa my bad, got caught up in school and kinda didnt have much time)

Train noticed that his shots had hit something, but than the opponent suddenly counted attack. Beams came straight towards the GUAIZ R.

Train had little time to react but quickly pulled the throttle and used the time to back away. As the GUAIZ R backed away, it grabbed the beam rifle which was in front of it, and quickly shot a few shots to counter the beams that came at him.

The beams of both sides touched and neutralized each other while also creating a big explosion. Train had thought he had gotten all the beams when suddenly one beam came, it was one that he had missed. It was risky but the GUAIZ R threw it's low energy beam rifle into the beam that came. This was to ensure that the GUAIZ R was light enough to be able to quickly dodge the attack.

Also as the beam rifle was hit by the beam, it was able to create an explosion that Train used to escape even faster, by using the force of the explosion. Once in the air, the GUAIZ R shot a few more shots at the enemy before landing down. It would cost too much energy for Train to continue flying so landing seemed the most reasonable decision.

As the GUAIZ R landed, the GUAIZ R increased the propulsion and power of the boosters aimed at the ground. Thus creating a sand cover for the GUAIZ R to be hidden in. Train used this cover and time to figure out a plan while waiting for what his opponent would do next.

The explosion sent sand flying everywhere making it harder to see.This did not surprise Laike as he knew the sand wouldn't last very long at all.He knew it was only a way so his opponent could buy some time.

He was moving the ZAKU forward just when he heard the sound of a beam rifle firing high in the air. He kept moving forward a little more to try and avoid as many shots of possible.This avoided some of the shots at these shots were clearly aimed at where he had been standing before.

Two of the shots however hit his gatling guns.Laike knew that with the previous injury to his wizard pack, they would now be completely disabled.Another two shots caught him by surprise.He managed to fire a beam to stop one but the other hit his left leg.

As the sand began to clear, Laike noticed a large pile of sand, big enough to hide a Mobile Suit under.He noticed that it had not been there before and knew his opponent would not be able to fly very well.He also knew that his opponent wasn't anywhere in sight and with the previous injury to his feet he wouldn't be able to run very far especially not quickly.

Laike got the highly explosive grenade out and threw it at the large pile of sand, expecting it to have the GUAIZ R underneath it.

During the time Train was waiting, he started to slowly move out of range. The smoke was only a distraction and also a cover for Train to find a way to take the terrain to his advantage and start winning this battle. Train quickly started to walk back and stop the boosters to halt the sand cover. When suddenly there was a explosion right where Train had just been.

The explosion was big and had blow the GUAIZ R backwards. Shrapnels of the grenade even came at the GUAIZ R. Luckily the GUAIZ R and already backed away and had the time to take out his shield to protect the upper body of the GUAIZ R. Although the shrapnels hit the legs of the GUAIZ R, weakening it.

Train had no time to think now, this person was loaded with grenades and the more time he thinks, the more chances of him blowing up. Train quickly scanned for heat sources nearby, and also tried to calculate the where the grenade originated from. Using these two informations, Train was able to pinpoint an area that the enemy maybe.

From there, the rail guns on the hips of the GUAIZ R came up, and the GUAIZ R held on tight to both rail gun. Than in a moment, the rail guns shot a huge blast towards the enemy. The rail gun beam was strong and had even pierced through the smoke and some rocks that had gotten in the way.

Quickly after the shot, the GUAIZ R jumped to a nearby dune and hid there to let the GUAIZ R's systems cool down. Train was monitoring the heat source and making sure if his rail gun had hit or not....

OOC: sorry for taking a while to post.I haven't had much time to post lately.

IC:Laike began to move to the right with his ZAKU knowing it could be a fatal mistake to stay standing in the one spot for too long.He began to wonder what his opponent was going to try next.As he kept moving right, he noticed something coming towards his way.It was an attack from the rail guns.

He kept moving the ZAKU right as the attack came closer. The attack of one of the rails just barely struck his left side damaging the armor on that side.Noticing that his opponent was no longer standing where had fired it, he fired his beam rifle towards the most logical place he could be.He figured that he would be behind the nearby dune as it was the only place he could hide himself. 

Time for a taste of your own medicine.Laike began to fire the ZAKU's beam rifle a few times towards the dune, knowing that getting too close at the current time would be risky, especially seeing there was no guarantee that his opponent was behind the dune.

OOC: same, ive been busy too =/

Train noticed that there was no major explosion happening, and counted this as missing his opponent. Although at least he had gotten to the cover of the dune. Now with the time being he would be able to cool down all the systems before they overheat.

As the GUAIZ R laid under the cover of the dune to cool down, eat sources were detected heading to it's area. Train assumed these were the enemies shots as a counter. Train wasn't really sure if his enemy knew where he was or was just guessing...

Train couldn't take the risk... but it was too tempting, in his mind, he always wanted a challenge and the sense of danger. The GUAIZ R laid low in the cover while at the same time cooling down it's systems and the railgun.

As the beam shots came, it collided with the dune. The dune slowly started to crumble with each beam shot that came. As the dune started to crumble, dust started to form. The GUAIZ R waited and waited until the last beam was shot. The dune had let out sooner than expected, but luckily the beam shots stopped, but the rubbles of the dune had landed on the GUAIZ R.

The rubble had done only dents and crushed some parts of the GUAIZ R's legs. The GUAIZ R quickly pushed away the rubble, and saw that there was still smoke created from the blast. Taking the advantage, the GUAIZ R flew up since it's legs were badly damaged. As it flew out of the smoke, it saw it's enemy. Quickly it fired it's rail guns once more, before changing to it's beam saber and started to fly towards the enemy.

Holding the beam saber in it's right hand, the GUAIZ R charged at full speed towards the enemy, hoping to crash into it or at least slash apart something. This would also show Train how well this pilot is at close range.

OOC: I don't think I can keep this going much longer.I am in the process of moving at the moment.On the 18th I will get the internet cut off for at least 2 weeks meaning that Riku Ishimaru would win the match.Is there anyway we can hold off the match until I return?

Please note I am aware that I still need to post currently but I think it's more important to get this sorted out first.After all there is no point in me continuing the match now if its going to end during the moving process.