Bunin' in Carpentaria

XxBRICKSTERxX

As Karl was walking away, he could still hear the faint sound of those two yapping about something. He didn't really care though. His only objective was to get something to eat and do it fast. "If those two don't hurry their asses up, I'll leave em here." He turned back around and faced forward, only to discover that he was already at the door. With a slight shove. the doors opened and right away, Karl was hit by a blast of warm air. As he moved out of the shade of the building, the sun blinded him for a moment and he was nearly hit by a jeep.

You stupid idiot, watch what the hell your doing! Karl's response was to flip him the bird and continue on. When he got across to the other side of the facility, he noticed an unattended jeep, running and everything. So very casually, he strolled over and hopped in to the drivers seat and to off. "I guess the right thing to do would be to drive past the quarters and see if those two are done socializing for the moment." With that he sped off towards the dorm. As the jeep slowed down and stopped in front of the dorm, Karl wondered if they had already left. "They got five minutes and then I'm gone."

Laike was looking around to find that Karl had already moved ahead whilst they had been busy talking.He was not surprised by this as he noticed James seemed like the person who wouldn't mind socializing with the people on this squad.

"Hey James I think we should catch up to our hungry squad member otherwise he might leave us behind."as he began to walk away.

Laike got to the doors and opened them.He began to look around for where Karl could of gotten to as he would figure that Karl easily had enough time to get to the jeep.He heard what sounded like a jeep pulling up around the side of the quarters.He went around the corner to find Karl had pulled up in a jeep, wondering how long Karl was going to wait for them.

Laike approached the jeep so that Karl would see him.

"Well, well, somebody was in a rush to get away from this place.Can't blame you though, it is remarkable dull."

James nodded his head and followed Laike out the door.  The sun blasted him in the face, this was defiantly something James would need to get accustomed to.  Seeing the Jeep in front of him James smiled. It reminded him of home.

You could of waited ya know.

James yelled with a smile on his face.  Looking at Karl, James shook his head and laughed.

By the way...Let me drive.  It's a problem I have. 

James said with another smile on his face. He was very cheery for some reason.  For the first time in awhile he felt wanted and accepted.  Maybe being on earth would not be such a bad thing.

After having looked at the across the base for several minutes Kanto stands up and walks across the roof walking past several windows. Not seeing anyone in them he continues to stroll across stopping when he sees commander Wulff in his bedroom. Sitting down at the side of the window and reaching out Kanto knocks on the Commanders window 3 times with his left hand the bottle of liquor held in his right. Waiting for his commander to come to the window Kanto looks out at the base watching the array of man and machine move about the base. Letting out a deep sigh takes another sip from the bottle. Remembering that having heard something about a mock battle happening in or around armory one Kanto silently wished it was he was able to take part or that something might happen down here.

Kanto was hoping to get to know his Commander better, to learn some fighting tactics to just better himself as a mobile suit pilot. Seeing the window slide open Kanto could see the annoyance in his commanders face. "Sir sorry for bothering you Sir but, Care for some?" Leaning the tip of the bottle towards his Commander offering him some.

"Why the hell not..." Ahrend took the bottle from Kanto and took a long sip, the alcohol burning slightly as it ran down his throat.  "Strong drink."  It wasn't much of an observation but Ahrend did enjoy it.

"There's also no need to call me sir Kanto, this is the EA and we don't need to be so formal all the time.  Is there anything you wanted, or should I assume that all you came here to do was give me a drink?"

“Sir, sorry Sir old habits and all you see, Sir.” taking the bottle back he took another sip from the bottle and leaned back up against the building looking out across the base. Exhales a long breath and looks up towards the sky.

“Just offering the drink and trying to get some information on when were moving out Sir. Only here a few hours and I'm becoming impatient.” takes a long sip from the bottle again and holds it out towards Wullf again.

Edited by Guest

Wullf waved his hand in refusal.

"That's enough for me right now and besides, I need to get some rest and alcohol is only going to screw with my system right now.  As far as moving out is concerned there's going to be no such thing, sure we'll have a training mission coming up soon but right now all you have to do is settle down and try to enjoy the world around you.  So if you'll excuse me Kanto, I'd like to try and get some sleep."

With that Ahrend closed his window almost all the way and collapsed on his bed, in a few minutes he was out like a light.