Model number: ZGMF-1050

Code name: Taurus (Tactical Automated Unilateral Response Unlimited System

Unit type: Mass production transformable mobile suit/armor

Manufacturer: Asimov Design Bureau

Operators: ZAFT

First deployment:

Accommodation: Pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso

Height: Head height 16.8 meters

Weight: empty 7.9 metric tons; max gross weight unknown.

Construction: Titanium alloy

Power plant: Ultra-compact energy battery, power output rating unknown

Equipment and design features:

Sensors, range unknown

MX2351 “Solidus Fulgor” Beam Shield generator

Fixed armaments:

2x beam saber, stored behind shoulders, hand carried in use.

Optional fixed armaments:

1x Beam Rifle, power rating unknown. Mounts on back in mobile armor mode. Hand carried in use

1x Beam Cannon, power rating unknown (output comparable to the M1500 “Orthos” High energy long-range beam cannon), Mounts on back in mobile armor mode. Hand carried in use

The loss of the contract of the “New Millennium” mobile suit line in CE 71-72 was a large setback to the designer and producer of the ZMGF-1017 GINN and the ZMGF-601 GuAIZ. Asimov Design Bureau.  As the ZAKU Series begins to show age in CE 85 Asimov Design Bureau released plans for the “Next Millennium” mobile suits.

ADB worked on toping the aging ZAKU in every way, from performance, to flexibility, and cost. ADB recognized that the ZAKU Warrior and the ZAKU Phantom were superior to Earth Alliance mobile suits in space, but that ZAKUs were fairly useless inside the Earth’s gravity without lifter assistance. This was compensated for by production of the BABI and GOUF, but the BABI was restricted to earth’s atmosphere and the GOUF was largely expensive and could only be assigned to top teams and pilots.

The mobile suit most closely resembling what ADB wanted to create was the Orb Union’s Murasame. After months of testing the devolpers created what they believed to be a mobile suit that enveloped all their goals.

The result was the Zero Gravity Maneuver Fighter Tactical Automated Unilateral Response Unlimited System, or the ZGMF-701 Taurus Mobile Suit. The Taurus features allow it operate extremely well in space in both mobile armor and mobile suit modes, capable of performing high speed and angle dodges.

The Taurus is also capable of being piloted inside the Earth’s atmosphere, although it is only capable of full maneuvers in its mobile armor mode (it can hover and move in mobile suit mode, but not make the maneuvers it is capable of in space) although with simple modifications it can function at 90% maneuverability inside the Earth’s atmosphere. ADB estimates that a mobile suit crew should be able to complete the modifications within 90 minutes, although this is dependent on the skill of the support crew.

The Taurus is equipped with few mounted weapon systems. The primary mounted armament of the Taurus is a pair of should stored beam sabers similar in design to those taken from the stolen EA Duel from the first bloody valentine war. The primary weapon of the Taurus is a beam rifle, useable in both mobile armor and mobile suit form. The rifle can be replaced by a high-powered beam cannon, equipped with its own battery to extend the life of the machine (the weapon can fire from suits energy, but it will quickly deplete the suit’s battery).

For defensive features, in addition of its extensive maneuverability, the Taurus features a modified MX2351 “Solidus Fulgor” Beam Shield generator used in the DOM Trooper designed to reduce energy use.

Tell me what you think, I tried to do the background best I could with the minimum information provided on these mobile suit manufacturers. I would like to see these put into mass production some day, so feedback would be appreciated.

Edited by Guest

(Paragraph 5...medications? )

Anyways, this looks like a nice conversion of the Taurus mobile suits.  (Damn you Bandai for not making kits out of 'fodder' suits, I want my Taurus and Pisces... )  About the only issue would be the Solidus Fulgor shield.  Though there might be significant technological progression, this particular defensive system has only be used for either prototype or limited production units in the past, most likely due to production costs. 

I'm not sure if it'll be an issue, but a possible solution would be to scale down the energy shield to partially reduce area coverage, which in turn reduce power consumption and possibly production costs.

EDIT: One more thing...the tonnage in Wing is completely wack.  Average tonnage in Wing is about 8 tons for a 16 meter frickin' robot.  I suggest converting the tonnage for the Taurus for something more realistic.  (GS ranges from around 45 to 80+ tons)

Edited by Guest

Made the corrections and actually added the MX2351 “Solidus Fulgor” Beam Shield generator to the sheet. I guess on that I am relying on the advancement over the years to make them cost effective. The only thing that is odd to me is how the Destiny and the DOM Trooper use the same shield system and get different looking shields. Maybe I will downgrade them to not be able to deflect something like the cannon on the ZAKU Warrior.

The reason I added the MX2351 “Solidus Fulgor” Beam Shield generator in the first place was because every major ZAFT mobile suit after the ZGMF-1017 GINN had some form of shield and I can't find a place to stick one on the Taurus while it is in Mobile Armor form. The closest thing I could think of would be the composite shield used by the original GuAIZ to mount over the cockpit in Mobile Armor Mode. I'll fix the tonnage later, it looked wrong.

Oh, EA don't fret, I am working on a conversion for the Seprent Mobile Suit at some point soon. I am also working on converting the  Wing Gundam ver. Ka. If anyone can come up with better words to fill in for Taurus I am open. That had to be the hardest part...

Edited by Guest

I'm already almost done with a converted variation based on the Serpent Custom for the Republic of East Asia.

I understand your reasoning for the shield, hence my suggestion of a scaled-down version of the Solidus Fulgor to still provide this suit with some defense without sacrificing aerodynamics or tonnage.

New and updated, and to solve some of the weapon problems, I just created a high end "Commander" version of the Taurus, featuring crazy new weapons!

General and Technical Data

Model number: ZGMF-1050

Code name: Taurus (Tactical Automated Unilateral Response Unlimited System

First deployment:

Weight: empty 45 metric tons; max gross weight unknown.

• Sensors, range unknown

Fixed armaments:

• 2x beam saber, stored behind shoulders, hand carried in use.

Optional fixed armaments:

• 1x Beam Rifle, power rating unknown. Mounts on back in mobile armor mode. Hand carried in use

• 1x Beam Cannon, power rating unknown (output comparable to the M1500 “Orthos” High energy long-range beam cannon), Mounts on back in mobile armor mode. Hand carried in use

• MA-MV05 Composite Shield, features beam saber on tip, mounted on left arm, mounted on torso in flight mode

• MA-MV03 Composite Shield, features dual beam claw mounted on tip, mounted on left arm, mounted on torso in flight mode

• MA-MV05A Composite Armed Shield system, features beam saber and small beam gun x2, mounted on left arm, mounted on torso in flight mode (beam guns useable)

The loss of the contract of the “New Millennium” mobile suit line in CE 71-72 was a large setback to the designer and producer of the ZMGF-1017 GINN and the ZMGF-601 GuAIZ. Asimov Design Bureau.  As the ZAKU Series begins to show age in CE 85 Asimov Design Bureau released plans for the “Next Millennium” mobile suits.

ADB worked on toping the aging ZAKU in every way, from performance, to flexibility, and cost. ADB recognized that the ZAKU Warrior and the ZAKU Phantom were superior to Earth Alliance mobile suits in space, but that ZAKUs were fairly useless inside the Earth’s gravity without lifter assistance. This was compensated for by production of the BABI and GOUF, but the BABI was restricted to earth’s atmosphere and the GOUF was largely expensive and could only be assigned to top teams and pilots.

The mobile suit most closely resembling what ADB wanted to create was the Orb Union’s Murasame. After months of testing the developers created what they believed to be a mobile suit that enveloped all their goals.

The result was the Zero Gravity Maneuver Fighter Tactical Automated Unilateral Response Unlimited System, or the ZGMF-701 Taurus Mobile Suit. The Taurus features allow it operate extremely well in space in both mobile armor and mobile suit modes, capable of performing high speed and angle dodges.

The Taurus is also capable of being piloted inside the Earth’s atmosphere, although it is only capable of full maneuvers in its mobile armor mode (it can hover and move in mobile suit mode, but not make the maneuvers it is capable of in space) although with simple modifications it can function at 90% maneuverability inside the Earth’s atmosphere. ADB estimates that a mobile suit crew should be able to complete the modifications within 90 minutes, although this is dependent on the skill of the support crew.

The Taurus is equipped with few mounted weapon systems. The primary mounted armament of the Taurus is a pair of should stored beam sabers similar in design to those taken from the stolen EA Duel from the first bloody valentine war. The primary weapon of the Taurus is a beam rifle, useable in both mobile armor and mobile suit form. The rifle can be replaced by a high-powered beam cannon, equipped with its own battery to extend the life of the machine (the weapon can fire from suits energy, but it will quickly deplete the suit’s battery).

The Taurus mobile suit has several defensive options. It is able to mount either of the composite shields used in ABD’s GuAIZ series. Both of these mount onto the front torso in flight mode.

A few high-end units have been equipped with the composite shield armed system that was mounted on the legendary ZAFT Providence Gundam. This shield also mounts on the front torso of the Taurus, and increases the firepower of the Taurus mobile suit while in flight mode.

General and Technical Data

Model number: ZGMF-1051

Code name: Taurus Advanced (Tactical Automated Unilateral Response Unlimited System Advanced

First deployment:

Weight: empty 45 metric tons; max gross weight unknown.

• Sensors, range unknown

Fixed armaments:

• 2x “Lacerta” beam saber, stored in hips, hand carried in use.

• MA-BAR76F high energy beam rifle, mounted on back in flight mode

Optional Fixed armaments

• MA-MV05A Composite Armed Shield system, features beam saber and small beam gun x2, mounted on left arm, mounted on torso in flight mode (beam guns useable)

• MX2351 “Solidus Fulgor” Beam shield generator, mounted on left wrist

This high-end version of the ZGMF-1050 Taurus mobile suit is nearly identical to its predecessor, but was designed by Asimov Design Bureau with ZAFT aces in mind.

The Taurus Advanced model comes in a standard white paint scheme as opposed to the black scheme used by the Taurus. For offensive options, ADB took weapons from legendary mobile suits of the past eras. The beam sabers in the shoulders were dropped for the addition of two hip mounted Lacerta beam sabers. ADB then took a high-powered beam rifle similar to the version used by the ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam.

Defensively, the Taurus Advanced can field either the MA-MVO5A Composite Armed Shield system, which increases the Taurus Advanced’s firepower while in flight mode. Some versions of the Taurus Advanced however can be equipped with the expensive and high power consuming MX2351 “Solidus Fulgor” Beam shield generator.

These advanced weapons systems give the pilot of a Taurus advanced superior weapons and maneuverability to any other production mobile suit.