[Battle:1 on 1] Sven Cal Bayan vs t569ssgoku

Sven Cal Bayan

It sure is peaceful out here. As this though passed through his head, Karl picked up his MP3 player to see what song he was listening to. He set back down as he continued to stare at the stars. His GINN floated motionlessly through the cosmos, surrounded by asteroids and wrecks from battles long ago.  He took a deep breath and tried to settle himself done in preparation for the fight ahead.

Karl again paused, trying to decide whether he should activate his mobile suit. On the one side, if I get attacked now, I'm dead. But on the other side, if I don't engage the enemy for a while yet, I'll just be wasting battery power. He toyed with the idea for a few more moments, finally deciding that the GINN was fine the way it was. It had been along time since he had last piloted a GINN, but he was confident in the skills he had. " I wonder if this pilot will be worth all this trouble, or will he just be another rookie who had to be defeated?" He remember most of the people that he had fought in the past, and out of all of them, only a few had actually been good enough to consider opponents.

Karl took one last deep breath, then activated the primary and secondary systems of the mobile suit. The large eye glowed a viberent red as the GINN came to life. Grabbing the large "Barrus" particle cannon, Karl started the GINN through the debris and asteriods, looking for a suitable ambush point. As the GINN came around an asteroid, it sighted the remains of a Laurasia class battleship. That'll do nicely.

Edited by Guest

Janus came to the cockpit of his transport as a proximity alarm ran throughout the small, two mobile suit ship.

“Sir, we have one GINN, believed to using a particle cannon. I assume you will be GOUF, since your ZAKU is shall we say, out of commission?”

“Where is the GINN now? Bring up a map of this debris belt.” Janus made a slight adjustment to his mask as he noticed that the signal was lost entering what looked to be the debris of a ship. “Although we cannot confirm it, I have to assume he will be setting up an ambush. He is behind in speed and maneuverability. That cannon however could be trouble. I’ll launch immediately.” Janus turned and pushed himself towards the back of the carrier.

A few minutes later, Janus put his black helmet over his face and pulled down the dark visor. Walking out of the hanger Janus turned toward his lead mechanic, who was clearly angery, “Try not to break this machine, we are having a hard time getting the ZAKU fixed, the arm was the easy part, you shredded the thrusters all around that thing!”

“I’ll try.” Janus pushed off the deck and into the cockpit of his GOUF. Janus was making a few adjustments to the systems as it started up. “Go ahead and open the rear hanger.” The vacumn pulled the GOUF out of the ship and into the openness of space. “Janus Trine, ZGMF-2000 GOUF Ignited, heading out!” Janus did a spin as he thrusted toward the ship, keeping his distance and waiting for his enemy to come out.

Janus began the somewhat difficult task of navigating the debris belt. He knew basically where his opponent was, but Janus was being cautious. He had learned his lesson from his most recent duel. He is near that ship, but he could of moved at some point. I can navigate this maze, but that cannon could seriously damage this mobile suit. I have speed and maneuverability on my side already, and that cannon won't do him any favors. Lets play it patiently.

Janus drew his Tempest beam saber and kept his hand gripped on the throttle as he cautiously (about 33% thrust) toward the damaged ship where his opponent was last picked up by the scanners. 

Karl was bored out his mind waiting for his opponent to appear, but he used the time to plan his attack. He was well aware that he was noticed on the scanners of the hostile ship and that the pilot would be expecting an ambush. Karl was also expecting that the GOUF pilot had guessed that he was either still around the Laurasia class or that he had moved to another position.The debris field would prove to be a bonus in disguise. With all the other destroyed mobile suits here, all I need to do is turn off the main camera and wait for him to come around. If I play my hand right, he'll just think I'm another wrecked mobile suit. But, if all else fails... He glanced down towards the self-destruct handle. I hope it doesn't have to go that far though. He smiled again as the mobile suit drew ever closer on the scanner.

Almost there.

Edited by Guest

Janus stopped his GOUF Ignited just within magnified vision range of the ship. This is not getting me anywhere. He is within firing range of me and hasn’t come out. Janus spotted a broken GINN, one that must have been a resident of this field since the first war. Great...another layer of disguise for him, and this black GOUF stands out like my mask at a McDonalds. He must be waiting for a close range shot, and I have no intention of giving it to him. If an enemy won’t appear, then prod until he feels forced to come out.

Janus quickly surveyed the area as best he could around that ship. Janus opened fire from his four barrel cannons in the general vicinity of the destroyed ship. I wont be accurate at this range, but if I destroy some debris I will at least clear it out and if I am fortunate, it will force him to move with his thrusters and let me get a lock on him.

Karl smiled. "Not bad, shooting the ship, hoping that the debris will force me to show myself." He chuckled as he wrestled with the controls. The debris from the blast pelted the GINN, doing some minor damage to the paint. After the hail of debris stopped, KArl began thinking about his next move. He noticed an old GINN next to the GOUF. The GINN was in good shape, but more importantly had an unused missile launcher in its hand.

Pulling the massive plasma cannon up to the firing position, Karl activated the main camera, targeted the disabled GINN and readied himself for the series of events that would follow. The blast will go by him, he'll see me, the GINN will explode hopefully damaging the GOUF, giving me time to drop the cannon and get ready for part two of my plan. He smirked. "Your times up pilot."

He pulled the trigger and took the shot.  The recoil moved the GINN backwards, but Karl never moved the GINN. "If I move now, he'll just go around the shots, and chase me, so, I'll have to stay... for the moment."

Edited by Guest

OOC: Sorry, I am leaving tomorrow to move so to DC and won’t be at the computer much. So I played the limits of the posting limit without having to take a formal leave.

IC:

The black GOUF quickly flew to the right. Janus reacted, not noticing at the time that the beam was not aimed at him. Janus’s impulsive dodge put some distance from the exploding GINN, however, the black GOUF had to be restabilized after the resulting explosion. . Janus quickly surveyed his HUD looking for any major damage to his mobile suit.. Thank god, nothing serious just fried backup power flows.  Had I stayed where I was that explosion would of taken most of my machine with it. Has my opponent laid mines for him to shoot at? How many more could there be? I am in a lot of trouble if he has more of those.

Janus began flying to his right toward the ship at 70%, hand on the throttle if he needs to kick it up a step. At least I have an idea of where he is now. No detections of movement, although in here it could be possible he has moved without my sensors picking him up.

"Not bad boyo, not bad. But, not bad won't cut it with me." Karl was impressed. The kid was fairly quick, but fairly just doesn't cut it anymore. Karl had adjusted his position while the GOUF was distracted. Thought very carefully for a moment. For part two of his plan, he would need the GOUF to move to the spot were he had left the canon, but he needed to do it with out exposing him self. Karl opened a channel with the other pilot. "That was fairly fancy flying , but I'm afraid that you'll will have to do a little better than that. Know, from my current position, I have a clear shot at your cockpit, and normally I would take it, but I'm a little board so.... see if you can find me me eh?"

"You should move to the were that old heavy particle cannon is, you can see me better from there." Karl closed the channel with a grin. Hopefully the kid will take the bait and move to that cannon, but, in case he doesn't, I need to prepare part two A... just in case. Karl took the few peaceful moments and started to work on his OS. I'll need to take the the speed of the opponent as well as his maneuverability and try to compensate for it with the targeting program. I also need to divert as much of the power from the non important aspects of the machine and send it to the main thrusters. The game had started.

Edited by Guest

Janus quickly spun his black GOUF quickly in a few different directions, obviously unervered by his opponent’s first message. Janus was unnerved at the fact that in all of these ruined GINNs he couldn’t find his target. Finally the GOUF stopped at the second comm line. Damn, he is playing me like a cheap fiddle. There is the particle cannon, but flying towards it is the worse possible decision I could make. There are approximately 25 places he could be hiding. And I do not have time to go through every one.

Janus quickly released the lock on his left arm’s “Slayer Whip” but kept the power flow off.  He shouldn’t be able to see the whip behind my shield but I won’t have a lot of time to reactivate the weapon. His machine gun and sword have short ranges so lets just take care of that cannon now.

The Black GOUF raised its right arm and opened fire with its beam gun on the particle cannon, staying at maximum firing range.  After a small barrage Janus quickly took his GOUF into a new position. I hope I hit the thing. Now to find a hiding spot.

Karl was pleased, partially, with the result of his last message. He could clearly see that the other pilot was a little uneasy abut his last comments. Enough about him, lets get back the business at hand. Karl's part 2 had just been laid out before the enemy, and it looked like he wasn't about to bite. "This is a pro..bl..em..." A large grin appeared on his face.

Just as Karl had thought, part 2 went bad. The GOUF destroyed the plasma cannon, taking out his next ambush point. His hand hovered over the thruster output control as he pondered his next play. He thought for a moment, then got an idea. He watched as the GOUF moved to another position, and opened a channel with the other MS. "Am I starting to unnerve you pilot? You can give up anytime, you know. But, this is a little boring, so I'll do you a large favor. I will show you were I am." Karl grinned ear to ear as he told the other pilot this. "In exactly one minute, I will fire off a single round towards your last position. If you see it, then you'll discover my position, if you don't see it, then too bad."

Karl waited for one minute, then brought out his assault rifle, and pulled the trigger back once. The shot rang out, heading towards the place he had aimed for, and the spent casing shot out the other side of the rifle and floated harmlessly away. "I've made my move pilot, what about you?"

OOC: So I thought moving would suck, but starting work was the real crap.

The Black GOUF was settled pretty well behind a large piece of debris when the shot rang out through the emptiness of space. Janus was shocked that the shot actually came after one minute. It didn’t take Janus long to calculate the relative position of the GINN based off the shot. I know where he is but I have no clue as to positioning, or weapon positioning. Well, I guess its time to move. It seems he might actually want me to come to him, but I really don’t have a choice, at some point one of us will run out of power.

Janus quickly revved the throttle up and came out to his left on a slightly round a bout way towards his opponent’s position, weaving his Black GOUF through pieces of debris. Lets see him stop me. Janus was keeping his left arm slightly raised to pull his shield into position if need be.

IC: Karl was pleased when he saw the black GOUF move out from behind cover and start to make his way through the debris. "Alright then. Time to finish this fight. Now lets see..." Karl took a look at his surroundings and tried to find a suitable position for his next phase of the plan. "Ah, that will do nicely." About twenty five or so meters to the east of the GINN was a large asteroid.

The massive GINN rolled over onto its back, allowing the vibrant red eye to search for the enemy. As the camera swept back and forth, Karl was trying to come up with another ambush tactic. "This guy now knows my position, so I'll need to play it safe." Finally, the image of a black GOUF appeared on the monitor. "There you are." Karl grinned as he flipped the GINN back over. Now all I need is an ambush point. Karl noticed a rather large indentation on the surface of the asteroid. That looks big enough to hide this thing... mostly.

The GINN's thrusters ignited, propelling the machine towards, slowly mind you, the asteroid. Upon reaching it, Karl maneuvered it into the indentation, trying to hide as best he could. "The last thing i need to do now is turn the main camera off and I should be good." With that, the camera's red glow faded, being swallowed by the darkness of the asteroid.

Edited by Guest

[OOC: Sven: Last I checked, it was only ONE missile launcher you 'acquired' from the GINN.  I was somewhat lenient considering the venue but to suddenly manifest a 'large grouping' far exceeds that.

Edit accordingly in the next few days or I will penalize you.

@t569: You do not need to worry about the time limit until he made the appropriate changes.]

Janus stopped his GOUF as he caught a glimpse of his opponent moving on the radar. It was weak, meaning he wasn’t going at full speed. Janus moved his thrust back to about 50% as he moved toward his opponent’s location, a nearby asteroid. I am getting a little sick of this cat and mouse game. I need to draw him out. My power levels are still fine at least. Janus was quickly checking his scopes looking for some clue to his opponent’s whereabouts.

Janus pulled the GOUF to a stop a few 100 meters from the asteroid. Janus reset his Slayer whip in his left wrist, leveled his right arm, still holding his Sword, and shot a few volleys (about 16 shots total) into the asteroid.

"Son of a bit...!" Karl slammed the throttle to 100 percent, shooting the GINN into open space. The shots hit exactly where he had been not five seconds ago. Karl was well aware that his GINN was more than a match for this guy's GOUF, so he searched for his position as chunks of rock and other debris pelted the GINN. A large grin appeared on his face when he saw the outline of the black mobile suit floating through space. Karl opened a communication channel with the other pilot. "Well, I have grown a little tired of this game I've been playing as I am sure have as well. What do you say about ending this right now with one last stand?" Karl new the answer before the pilot had even time to respond.

The next second, the large GINN reached down and drew it's massive sword, holding it tightly in it's left hand while it's assault rifle was firmly grasped in its right. Pushing the foot pedal all the way down, Karl shot the GINN right at the enemy suit.

OOC: no way I could make this any better RP than this....

Janus quickly leveled his right arm and started shooting at the incoming GINN. Janus was going to make his stand right here. I don’t need to any particular part, I just need to hit him or force him to make a hard turn. I can still swing my sword on this right arm as he closes…

Janus was hoping to force his opponent to abandon his charge, so he could follow with one of his own, and if not, well Janus had another plan of his own.

Karl opened an channel with the other pilot. "Your outta your league boyo, I'm gonna destroy you!" Karl had a grin on his face that streched from ear to ear. This last move had only gotten him interested. "No matter what you do, you're gonna die here!" Even as the blasts from the other mobile suit flew past him, Karl stayed focused, evading everything he could. Unfortunatly, the reaction time of the mobile suit was nowhere near quick enough, and several shots found a mark. One took the head crest off, another grazed a thruster, while a third cut the GINN's left shoulder back about 2 feet.

As he neared to GOUF, Karl pulled his assault rifle up and fired back. "You bastard. I kill you." Karl said this as he glanced down at the selfdestruct handle right beside the pilots seat. Even if this GINN must be sacraficed, you'll die hear.

Edited by Guest

Janus barely was able to get his shield in front of his cockpit in time. Bullets bounced off the shield and into parts of the GOUF’s shoulders. Janus took only a second to check on damages, already knowing his machine would fly slightly awkward now with air holes in parts of it. Had that been a beam rifle I would be in trouble. Janus had closed his comm. not to be distracted by his taunts.

Wasting little time, Janus pushed the throttle to maximum drive. There was a small delay in the reaction time of the GOUF itself. He must have hit one of the drive servos. I don’t have time to manually reprogram the system. It should switch to backups in a minute or so, but I doubt this fight will last that much longer.

Janus spun his GOUF as he flew towards his opponent, blocking a few more bullets with his shield. Janus was planning on flying past his opponent but leaving his shield about 4m from contact to let the laws of physics rams it into his opponent. Janus kept pushing his machine to the limit as it towards his opponent. Worse come to worse I can just fight him in close combat.

Karl was pleased. This match wouldn't have been any fun if the other pilot had been beaten so easily. Noticing that the other suit had deflected the first volley, Karl decided to hold off, at least for the moment, on using his assault rifle anymore. "That damn shield is a pain in that ass, especially with this rifle. But I did chose this suit to give the opponent an advantage and give myself a workout." As the two suits gradually closed on each other, Karl was working hard to come up with a way to balance the two suits out, in the event that it a close combat solution was needed to end the match. "I give it another...oh minute at max."

The GINN streaked towards the GOUF, pushing the standard engine to their limit. Ten seconds till impact, then he will be dead. Karl sent one last message to the other pilot. "You have put up a good fight. Rest in peace."

Edited by Guest

Janus was too busy trying to time his little stunt to actually hear what his opponent was saying. At about 3 seconds to impact Janus’ GOUF released its shield, letting momentum carry it towards the GINN. Janus quickly pushed his leg thrusters to max to push his GOUF down pitch angle 30 hoping to fly right under the GINN with a 180 Degree Spin.

Janus didn’t even have time to see if the shield had made contact or aim as he spun his machine, not taking the time to aim just firing a quick flurry of beams at the GINN (two from each barrel, so . Had he been a natural, this maneuver’s stress most likely would have made him pass out.

OOC: I am stopping this under you to give you proper reactions.

Karl smiled. He was pleased at his oppenents strategy. He was also pleased that he was about to win. As he saw the shiel let go, he jerked the controls hard to the left and maxed his engines, which then lead the GINN to make a 360 spin, which would allow him to take a swing at the GOUF coming from underneath. Damn, that shield's gunna hit me no matter what. My only option is to try to minimize the damage I take. No sooner had that thought passed through his head, the shield his and removed his right arm from the elbow down, taking his rifle with it.

As the GINN started to flip over, Karl swung the massive sword to his left hoping that it would score a hit on the GOUF. When the turn reached 270 degrees, Karl saw part of the GOUF out of the corner of the main camera on the GINN. The GOUF was only visible for a moment, then a bright green glow blinded Karl. The last thing he saw before the camera lit up was the sword headed for the GOUF's waist.

"Gotcha you bastard."

Edited by Guest