Re: It starts

XxBRICKSTERxX

James felt accomplished, but he soon realized this was only a practice run.  The greater challenges were sooner to come.

That was very well executed.

James added as he holstered his sword.  Taking in some breathes James went back to normal.  Him and his GINN floated in space waiting for the next orders.

Bringing up the keyboard in his cockpit Ahrend rapidly punched in a short code that sent a signal to the "defeated" GINN.  Small packs on the GINN began to glow bright red, an indication of the heat that was being generated by the packs and the GINN quickly exploded in a bright flash of light; in reality these packs weren't explosives but flashbang grenades, with the ability to blind and confuse an enemy.

As the explosion light up the black abyss before him Ahrend drew out his beam saber and pushed his thrusters to full power, streaking towards the trainees at a speed beyond that which a GINN could operate at.

"Now's the part of training where you learn to be ready for anything."  Raising his beam saber high above the head of the GuAIZ R Ahrend brought it down to cleave Karl's GINN in two.  In reality the training saber wouldn't do any damage but that was beside the point.

Karl was still celebrating his victory over the defeat of the red GINN when paatcheds of the GINN started to glow red, then  one by one they exploded. "Son of a... flash grenades." Karl tryed to turn away but it was too late. His display screens went bright white as Karl tried to shield himself from the blasts. Before Karl new it, the large shape of Wullf's GuAIZ R appeared before his main camera and Karl new what would happen next. Almost like an impulse, he brought his free hand up to try to block the beam saber, while moving the hand with the sword still in it, up to stab the GuAIZ R right through the gut. This wound would destroy the mobile suit for sure, and kill the pilot too.

When Karl realized what had happened, he new Wullf had planned on this, but plans don't always work. The GINN's left arm was completely "destroyed" by the attack. Karl was impressed by the surprise Wullf haad given him. "Alright Wullf, I'll admit it, you got me." Karl double checked his information before he continued. "But, before you start to celebrate my "death", look down." There was Wullf's GuAIZ R, with the tip of a sword pointed right at his gut. "Got you."

Edited by Guest

OOC - Just to clarify: first off we're using training weapons which do not punch holes in armor, cleave off limbs, or anything of the sort.  Secondly, flashbang grenades blind you, especially if you see them and if you saw the explosion and then me that means that we're both coming from the same general direction; ie: when the grenades went off you should have been blinded at least momentarily so that you couldn't see me.  Finally, if it was a real beam saber then if would've cleaved through more than your GINN's forearm.

All that aside these are things to keep in mind for the future, I'll continue on with the assumption that neither of us had damaged the other.

IC: Wullf smiled as the rounded blade scrapped the paint from the outside of his GuAIZ R.  If this had been real combat he would've been dead, but then so would Karl.

"Of course you got me but the objective of war isn't to die for your country Pilot Rhine, it's to make the other bastard die for his.  And besides, with you out of the picture a follow up unit could take care of your wingman before he could escape from the area and assuming that you're the only two we'd win."  Ahrend sighed as he switched off and stored his beam saber.  "But then again there is no 'we' and this is only training.  Both of you have passed your recertification course, please report back to Armory One and keep in mind that there with be no debrief."  With that Ahrend pushed off of Karl's GINN, getting some room, and shot off into space to return to Armory One.

OOC:I changed the post a little to make seem a little more real.Sorry for the blunder.

IC: "As usual sir, your correct. But, correct me if I'm wrong, weren't you the one who instructed me to rely on ones comrades? If the other pilot isn't strong enough to survive, then he doesn't deserve to live. " Karl was expecting that Wullf would scold him for what he had said, but he honestly believed it to be the truth. Karl floated in silence as Wullf headed back towards Armory One.

"One last thing Wullf. What would you say to a match to see which one of us is the better pilot?"

Edited by Guest

Wullf stopped his GuAIZ R in the dead of space, taking time to think about Karl's questions.

"Well, I'd first say that anyone who doesn't care about his comrades is weak and that he's a bad soldier.  War is about other people and how you relate to them, and in the role of a soldier you protect them.  Protection is a task which cannot be undertaken by one singular person and so, whether you believe they have any worth or not, your comrades are still performing a vital function that you cannot ignore and so you cannot neglect them."

Wullf continued on after another moment of reflective thought.  "If you want to fight me then you're on the wrong side.  I've personally never had to fight another member of ZAFT and I don't intend to do so even now.  For training purposes I will engage with you but I won't be part of any duels.  You should keep in mind that such action is grounds for a court martial."

"You honestly thought that I wanted to fight you for any other reason than training?" Karl found this very humorous and displayed it by breaking out into a fit of laughing, forgetting that the channel was still open. After he calmed himself down a little, Karl took a few deep breaths before he continued. "Sir, if that was what you actually thought, then I have obviously misjudged your intel..." Karl paused for a moment, thinking about his choices of words." Than I have obviously worded something incorrectly, and I apologize for that. But, my intent was to engage you in a training exercise that expose the flaws in my technique." He hated to blame himself for others lack of understanding, but Wullf wouldn't leave him alone if he didn't.

"Oh yes, one more thing. There was a very famous person that once said: A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. Please consider this quote before you comment on a soldiers actions." Karl was well aware that Wullf would come up with something that would contradict this, but Karl felt he had made some sort of point, so he left it at that and watched his comrades return to Armory One. As the other two pilots left, Karl sat in his GINN and though about what had happened. That Wullf is pretty cocky, and James is still a rookie. He won't even defend his commanding officer when he's getting flack. The more Karl thought about these things the more pissed off he got. "I need some air." He checked his flight suit to make sure it was sealed, removed his restraints and opened the cockpit doors. Being careful not to let go of the GINN, Karl pushed himself out of the cockpit and into the peaceful silence of the cosmos.

Edited by Guest

OOC: I smelt a big thing of sarcasm in fire's posts

IC: James sat there and watched the battle unfold.  Wullf moved at a great speed James almost lost him.  The battle was quickly started and ended.  Then he usual between the two began again.  Bickering over team work and war.  James did not want to take sides.  Being a enemy with your future squad leader and possible partner was not a good way to start a career.

Grabbing the throttle James hi-tailed it back to the base and landed his GINN.

"Well if that's the way you feel I'm going to have to take a rain check, since there are other thing on my plate for th rest of the day.  We'll hash this out another time Karl; in the mean time don't float too far away from your MS otherwise Armory One will have to send someone out to get you, if they're feeling generous that is..."  Ahrend almost laughed at the comment but he kept his amusement to himself.  "I'll see you planet side in a couple days."

Firing up his GuAIZ R's engines once again Ahrend made a bee line for Armory One, leaving Karl to think as he drifted along.