[Battle: 1 on 1] Makoto24 vs t569ssgoku

Makoto24

Makoto sighed as he took his helmet from his locker.  He was finally able to pilot the ZAFT suit of his dreams.  The ZGMF-1001/K Slash ZAKU Phantom.  With a deep breath he shut his locker door and then zipped up his pilot suit.  Slowly he walked to the hangar of the ship.  Looking up at the suit he was to pilot a smile rolled across his face.  He was nervous, but at the same time, he was overjoyed to be finally able to pilot this suit.  At that moment the look in his eyes changed.  They went from being immature and irresponsible, to determined and focused.  Makoto looked like a new man.

Just then a voice came over the intercom.  "We have now entered the Debris Belt.  Ten minutes to launch Makoto.  Please board your mobile suit and head to the catapult to prepare for launch."  He grabbed the cord and was raised up into the ZAKU.  As he sat down in the cockpit he slid on his helmet, but left the visor up.  He fixed his hair, then strapped himself in.  As the cockpit doors closed he two-finger saluted the tech crew and grinned with anticipation.  The doors then shut and pressurized.  He gave the thumbs up to the flight commander and his ZAKU was lifted and placed on the catapult.

He flipped down his visor on the helmet and started powering up his suit.  The commander then told him that the Slash ZAKU pack was just about to be connected, and as he said this, Makoto felt a jerk as the pack was connected.  Makoto ran over the weapon and armor specs for the ZAKU one last time.  Then the countdown started.  Starting at "10...9...8..." and as it reached one Makoto got the green light to launch.

"Makoto Corale, ZAKU, I'm taking off!" He said as he launched into the debris belt.  He then remembered some words of advice from his instructor at the pilot academy.  They told him never to lose his cool even if confronted with impossible odds. "Strange," he thought, "Thats exactly what my father told me before he died."  And with that thought he was fully mentally prepared for what was to come.

Janus sat impatiently in his mobile suit reading a book. His Black ZAKU was floating on the edge of a unnamed debris belt filled with fallen machines and most likely a couple of fallen soldiers. Janus looked at the display showing 1 contact along with one more carrier. “Finally, he has…”

The comm. line was lighting up like a Christmas tree. Janus hit the button with his fist, slightly adutated that all they were going to say is what he already knew, his opponent had arrived. “Janus here, I am well aware that we have a contact, what am I facing?” Janus looked at the display showing a older man working the CIC. “Sir, we have one contact, a ZMGF-1001/K Slash ZAKU Phantom. Are you sure you are okay with your equipment sir? We can switch you over to a Blaze pack if you wish.”

Janus sat there thinking about the idea. The Blaze ZAKU would give him more speed but the missile pack would do nothing with so much debris in the area. The double axes would provide enough melee power, and the gatling cannons shouldn’t be able to blast through his shoulder shields that easily. Janus turned his mobile suit back towards his transport. “Thanks but no thanks Muller, I will be fine with the Slash pack.”

Janus began to fly into the belt, bringing up a couple of displays on his opponent, not that there was much to look at. “Target Acquired, Mission Accepted.” The ZAKU rocked back and forth between rocks and debris and fragments.

OOC - Alright, here's how this goes down.  This post will include the announcement of the battle.  From here on out the posting order will be*: t569ssgouk, Makoto, and then myself(just to tabulate points from combat).  The match will end whenever one of you accepts defeat and the winner will be the last one standing.

One final thing to keep in mind:  Unless you post in this thread stating that you will be absent you must make a post within 3 days of your opponents post, those 3 days do not include the day on which your opponent posted.  Failure to post will result in a disqualification and hence a victory to your opponent.  This is your only warning.

Aside from all the technical stuff fight fair, fight hard, and kick some zork!

*Posting order determined by flipping a coin with randomly assigned sides.

IC - A lone GINN painted scarlet red and carrying a heavy pack floated on the outskirts of the battle area.  Inside sat Hitomi Matusko who, when she wasn't engaged in arena combat, had taken on the job of referee.  Somewhere far away from what would momentarily become a dangerous area an announcer was calling out the names of the pilots who would soon be locked in mortal combat, that was all fine but Hitomi had no interest in announcing, she wanted to be where the action was.  Pushing a button on the inside of the GINN the magnetic braces on the pack released and as the pack's one hatch slowly opened and number of self propelled camera streaked to various points on the battlefield, these would be Hitomi's eyes and ears as the match progressed.  Receiving the go ahead from the technical crew oh so far away Hitomi came over the intercom.

"Attention Pilots Corale and Janus.  As soon as the count down has expired this match will begin.  Both of you should have been adequately briefed and so I will not repeat the conditions of this battle to you except to say that you should both fight your hardest.  The countdown will now commence, good luck to both of you."

On the pilot's view screens a small panel would now open up and the countdown would start at 10 and work it's way down.

"10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Begin!"

At the same moment begin was uttered Janus throttled the ZAKU towards his right. Suddenly, he pulled a hard stop. Spinning vertically Janus leveled his rifle and shot a few shots in the general direction of Makoto’s mobile suit. Lets see what this guy has and if he likes a shower of rocks all over his pretty mobile suit. These shots were all aimed at small rocks and debris around Makoto’s mobile suit, not at the mobile suit itself. Well...if he jumps into one its fine but I doubt it. At least it will tell me how calm he is. Janus was not expecting anything really to happen from the maneuver, but he could always hope.

After firing the blasts Janus quickly started looking for the most advantageous place to start a close combat battle, which was where he thought this would end up. Searching the field he saw the battered remains of a harbor.

Great…that’s the best place but he is in between it. Hopefully he will come at me or give me a good opening to get to it.

For the moment the ZAKU was now stopped, waiting for the outcome of his maneuver.

Edited by Guest

Makoto noticed the blasts and gently thrusted his mobile suit backwards away from the rocks.  He noticed that the blasts were not directed at him but at the rocks around him.  Hmmm...This Janus guy knows what he is doing.  He flew vertical very quickly in order to evade the debris from the rocks, but it seemed that some had peppered the lower leg areas of the ZAKU.  He then spotted the enemy ZAKU paused.  He seemed to be waiting for something. Makoto quickly surveyed the area and saw a harbor perfect for close range fighting.  I see what you want.  You want the harbor.  Hmmmm...maybe thats what you'll get.

In that instant Makoto fired off 3 shots towards Janus' leg joints and the arm with the rifel in it.  However he had never locked on any of his shots.  He wasn't trying to make direct contact with the enemy, it was merely a diversion.  As the shots were fired Makoto immediately started thrusting in reverse towards the harbor.  A little close range combat should be interesting.  I scored fairly high in the simulations during my training for melee weapons.  I hope it pays off.

While heading towards the harbor, Makoto covered up the cockpit of his suit with his left shoulder shield, watching to see if his suspisions about Janus were correct and that he would indeed follow him into the battle scarred harbor.

Edited by Guest

Janus was expecting the shots, but still had to work fast to dodge them. Pulling his leg thrusters into full drive he spun his legs back, dodging the leg shots. The only thing Janus was able to do was pull his left shields into a defensive position. Releasing his shields back out into a normal position Janus looked at what a bad position he was in. Janus would have noticed the black spot on his ZAKU from where the beam was deflected by his shield if it wasn’t black.

CRAP! He is getting to the facility first, and in there he could set any number of traps for him. The hanger was only advantageous to the first person in. I can’t use the flash grenades, his shield is covering his cockpit. Only one move left. Janus quickly hit the throttle. Hopefully I can get him with a grenade in the harbor or just cut him down.

His Black ZAKU quickly started to move towards the hanger, firing a couple of shots in the general direction of the opposing ZAKU. Unfortunately he couldn’t get a lock and it was a pretty debris filled area. Janus was trying to bring up any maps he had of the region while navigating the debris field. Guess I don’t have much of a choice if he gets in there first…

[OOC: Terribly Sorry for the delay.  I've just not been myself lately in the head.  Too much stuff going on, and I may not always be able to respond within a day, just because...well parents...blah blah...okay back to the fight...]

Makoto noticed that his shots never connected with the opposing mobile suit.  Hmmm...This guy is fast.  He noticed that he was almost at the hangar and picked up the pace.  He decided to swirl around so he was facing the facility, but as he pulled his shield away he noticed a couple of shots heading his way.  Fortunately none of them were dangerously close, and most of them hit debris. However he did have to flip 90 degrees down to dodge one of them.

Hmmm...my only chance is to get into the facility.  Makoto thought as he entered the entrance to the hangar.  Makoto quickly hid behind a wall perpendicular to the entry-way of the hangar, and shut off his main thruster temporarily so his heat signature would not be as strong.  Hiding behind the wall he put the ZAKU's hands on the beam axe preparing to strike.

Makoto looked around as he waited to see if there were any more spots where he could launch a surpise attack.  He grinned and then waited for the enemy to appear, so he could hopefully end this quickly.

Janus stopped his ZAKU at the entryway of the hanger. Some great board position I have here. Janus surveyed the area, holstering his Beam Rifle…At least its large enough for the beam axe, but of course that means its large enough for his.

Checking his thermal scanners yielded nothing…”I know the guy went in there. Then what will you expect Mr. ZAKU…because I am going to do the opposite” Janus had his token smirk as he pulled out his beam axe and pushed his Black ZAKU full throttle down the center of the hanger shaft. At this speed it will be hard for either of us to launch a direct melee attack and he shouldn’t be able to lock on…If I am wrong …Janus didn’t want to go there…

Makoto saw the mobile suit fly past him at incredible speeds. He kept his main thruster turned off but quickly moved into the hallway pulling out and throwing one of his beam tomahawks right at Janus' suit.  "Heh. Dodge that!"

Makoto grinned as he then proceeded to pull out his beam rifle out and lock on to the opposing ZAKU's knee joints.  "Take this!" Makoto yelled as he fired off 4 shots at the black ZAKU.  If those shots connected, along with the tomahawk, then Janus' mobility would decline sharply and Makoto would be able to take this battle easily.

Red lights started going off in cockpit. Unable to dodge at this speed Janus detached the Slash pack from his mobile suit. Thankfully the resulting separation spiraled both sections in different directions.  Unfortunately it sent a Black ZAKU into the ground bouncing along the side of the hanger, destroying its beam rifle and the resulting explosion of the SLASH pack from beam rifle blasts destroyed peppered the Black ZAKU with fragments.

As Janus regained composure of his mobile suit he quickly thrusted around toward to face his opponent. Rear thruster minor damage, left arm and left leg minor damage as a result of impact. SLASH pack and beam rifle destroyed. Leaves me two tomahawks and this Beam Axe. Only one move I got left.

Janus quickly armed and threw at Flash Grenade toward the other ZAKU.

Makoto grinned as he saw the explosion down the hall.  He started to move forward then saw the black ZAKU stading, without a Slash pack. "Crap...How'd you dodge that?!"  Makoto then saw Janus arm and throw a grenade,  but by the time he realized what Janus was doing it was too late.  The blast went off and blinded Makoto.

Instinctively Makoto gripped the trigger and opened fire down the hall with his slash gatling guns.  He kept firing unleashing a barrage of blasts at Janus, because that was all he could do, due to his impared sight.  He eventually stopped and pulled a grenade from his belt.  Not arming it, he hid it behind a sheild as he covered up vital points on the ZAKU preparing for the worst.

The Black ZAKU throttled forward once Janus realized that Makoto couldn't see him. Janus kept his ZAKU low towards the bottom of the hanger making some quick side dodges. Guess he can’t see me…not the most honorable way to win a fight. This thing isn’t gonna hold up much longer, time for one last gambit. Janus realized his machine was reaching its limit...

Janus flew low and came up toward Makoto’s ZAKU from below to avoid as many of the “Hydra” blasts at close range. Janus held his Beam Axe in his left hand, trying to fly by Makoto's mobile suit while leveling the axe along Makoto's Mobile Suit's waistline. No matter what, I have to get out of this hanger and try to beat him in the open. I cannot dodge these blasts forever...

Edited by Guest

Makoto's vision started to come back, but as he did he felt a large bang, and his ZAKU got thrown backwards.  As his vision slowly returned he realized that the left shield that was covering his cockpit had a huge gash in it.  He was surprised it didn't go all the way through.  Someone must be watching out for me...  He thought as he then turned to see the opposing ZAKU attempting to leave the hangar, although it was moving rather slow.  "Wow, I must have really done some damage...heh, time to end this!"

He reattatched the grenade to his hip, and then proceeded to reach up for his last tomahawk, but realized that the left arm had some trouble moving up to get it.  It must have happened when he hit my sheild...damn.  Makoto finally grabbed the tomahawk and switched it to the ZAKU's right hand, and then proceeded to throw it at Janus' mid-section.  "This has to end now!"

[EDIT: goku reminded me of the grenade i was holding, and truth be told....i just forgot about it.  I edited it to place it back onto my hip.]

Edited by Guest

Janus spun the ZAKU around the right side and batted the Tomahawk away with his still functioning Beam Axe. Janus unfortunately got to look at his HUD to find another damage part on his ZAKU. Great that damaged the left arm even more, its still functioning, but I need this to end…His arm might be damaged since he had to switch to make that throw…Opening the comm. line Janus spoke for the first time to his opponent directly, “Come on, you have to do better than that! I refuse to be defeated in a duel of such a low caliber. SO DEFEAT ME NOW IF YOU THINK YOU CAN!”

Spinning the Beam Axe in his Right Arm the ZAKU charged forward with his left arm and shield forward, holding the beam axe in his right arm in the rear for a slice when he got close enough. (OOC: Think the Athrun Zala Beam Saber Draw Move, basically copying that)

Both Mobile Suits are fairly damaged; this can't last much longer.

What?!  Makoto was shocked to see that Janus defelcted the tomahawk throw.  He then responded to what Janus had said, "Fine, I WILL DEFEAT YOU!"

He saw Janus lower his left shoulder and charge preparing to strike.  Makoto lowered his left shoulder in return and held his beam rifel in his right hand.  Then he shot backwards as they collided.  Makoto checked his suit, only to realize that his left sheild was cut clean through, and his right arm was gone from the elbow down.  "Shoot....this is not good."

He saw that Janus had passed him after the charge, and Makoto spun around and locked on to Janus' arm with the axe, and his cockpit.  Heh.  Which one will you block?  If you choose to block the cockpit shot, then you are virtually weaponless, but if you choose to block the arm shot, then you are dead.

Then he thought to himself I hope this ends...both of our suits cant handle much more of this...

Instinctively Janus threw his shield up to cover his cockpit, realizing too late that it would cost him his right arm. As the dust cleared from the resulting explosion Janus opened up a comm. line again. "I forfeit, there is no reason to continue this battle for me any longer." with a push of a button Janus released his remaining few weapons to space, "My machine cannot go any longer, so I see no point to waste more of the mechanics times on a battle I have already lost." With that Janus cut the line and slowly started thrusting out of the hanger.

Dammit I played this entire battle like crap...I have to get better.

Makoto heard this, and was happy it was finally over, but at the same time he was dissapointed that it ended.  The warrior in him was awakened and he wanted more, but then he remembered all of his training and being an honorable soldier.  With that thought he re-opened a communications link between him and Janus.  He opened his cockpit hatch, and stood on it so that Janus could see him.

Makoto raised his right hand in a salute to his fellow pilot.  "Good fight Janus.  I am grateful to know that you are my ally and that we could possibly end up fighting along side each other on the battlefield someday."  With that, Makoto returned to his cockpit, and shut the hatch.  He then followed Janus' ZAKU out of the hangar.

"And this match is over."  Hitomi shut off the cameras as soon as the signal came in from the technical director.  Sitting back for a minute she took a deep breath and then began to type of the results of the battle which would be displayed on the pilot's view screens as soon as she sent it.  The message was as follows:

Final Results:

Victory to Makoto due to the resignation of Janus.

Totals Points scored:

Makoto: 1700

Janus: 720