(Duel) Alex Victorioso vs. Train Heartnet

Aures Convicio

Alex sat on the cockpit on an old X-105 model.  As he flew in to the battlefield he felt of air of history.  The model that he is currently flying is about 20 years old.  When looking the design Alex though that even though this models where designed 20 years ago, it would still hold their own with today’s technology standard. 

As Alex approach the battlefield he took a glimpse of the radar. He said to himself “Nothing here, probably I am the first one in the field.”  Seeing all of the rocks floating in space, Alex believed to have a tactical advantage being the first one in the field.  Alex pulled out his first beam riffle and powered down most of the systems.  Using thrusters to a minimum Alex waited for his opponent hiding behind a huge asteroid and keeping in orbit with the asteroid. 

“Let’s wait see”.  Alex said to himself.  Alex waited to make a surprise move to the opponent. 

Train was now in a old modeled gundam. It was that of the Aegis with no change from its original design. Train first looked from the OS of the Aegis and familiarized himself with the weapons on the Aegis.

Once Train had seemed to familiarize the weapons enough, he entered the battlefield. The Aegis was in the middle of the asteroid belt. Train looked around and thought he was the first one there. Although just in case, Train wasn't going to take a chance of letting his guard down. The Aegis started to now move toward a nearby asteroid. Train turned off the thrusters on the Aegis and the Aegis now stood on top of the asteroid. The Aegis took out it's beam rifle and Train payed careful attention to the radar for the enemy and any kind of incoming heat signatures.

Alex was never an experienced combatant; however, he one thing was apparent to him.  Time appeared to be in a standstill.  For Alex it seemed that time was almost in a standstill.  What it seemed to be an half hour was actually ten minutes.

Ten minutes that Alex stood behind an Asteroid, he saw a small bleep in the system.  It seemed to him that his opponent entered the opposite side of the asteroid.  Because of all of the debris and movement in the area it was hard to calculate his trajectory. 

Grabbing the controls of the Strike Gundam, Alex began to think moves ahead.  “Let’s see on the opposite sides, if I go full speed he would be able to easily tell where I was, hence losing my stealth advantage and opening myself for a surprise attack.”  Not thinking that he wanted to defeat himself, Alex though to do something more interesting. 

Opening the international aid broadcast channel Alex did a bold move.  “This is Alex Victorioso of the Kingdom of Scandinavia transmitting to unknown pilot for enemy mobile suit.  If you surrender now, I am more than willing to give you proper treatment.  This is your final warning”.

As Alex closed the signal, he understood the possibility of the enemy pilot surrendering are slim.  But that was not the point, the point was to let him know where he was. 

As soon Alex finished the broadcast, he used his air thruster, to do a low energy maneuver behind another asteroid in the opposite direction of his persecution of his opponent. “Let’s see what he does, run to target, shoot at target, try a surprise maneuver or do nothing, this should be interesting what the enemy pilot does….good way to judge his character”.  Alex thought to himself.   

Train was being very caution while on top of a asteroid. When suddenly there was a broadcast from the enemy. Train quickly scanned from where the broadcast originated from as soon as he heard it was his enemy. Once Train found the origin he paused for a bit. This seemed too easy... it seemed like the enemy wanted him to be found.

Never the less, the Aegis jumped towards the location from asteroid to asteroid, not using his thrusters so that the Aegis would not be found as easily. It didn't take very long, due to the fact that there were so many asteroids to jump on. Soon the Aegis saw the enemy... It was the Strike Gundam if Train remember correctly. The enemy had his back on him, Train now had the element of surprise...

The Aegis took out it's beam rifle... Train sighed and than replied to the message, "You know very well that i will not surrender... and if you want to live, i would suggest turning around."

The beam rifle was still aiming at the enemy mobile suit and yet it did not fire. Train of course was still being caution, watching every move that this person will make. There had to be a reason he let Train find him.

While Train juggled the idea and pondered at the answer, he awaited for the enemy mobile suit's response and actions...

Edited by Guest

Right after his response Alex waited a couple of seconds reading his sensors.  The sensors didn’t detect anything. “Strange, he is not moving?”  Alex started thinking of all the situation, tuning on the camera and circulating all the angles Alex memorized the location and probable trajectory of the asteroid in the nearby.

Strangely one of the asteroids changes their orbit slightly.  The advantage of fighting in a asteroid belt is that if you look carefully if something moves out of sequence then something or someone moved it.  As the radar didn’t register, the probability the opponent is going to outflank him.  “Let’ see how good this kid is”.

As Alex was muttering those words to himself, he heard a broadcast coming right behind him saying “You know very well that i will not surrender... and if you want to live, i would suggest turning around.".  Alex smiled the kid was honorable to say the least, a fight between two gentleman seems to be the fight that Alex likes.

Alex responded “Congratulations!! You successfully outflanked me, but you should be more aware of your surroundings, the defense always have the advantage of ground position…and here is the charge for this lesson of strategy…and also a lesson of basic trigonometry”.

Alex aimed his beam rifle to the side of the asteroid.  And shot the asteroid.  By his calculation the asteroid started a chain of rocks breaking and hitting each other.  Turning the thrusters to maximum Alex dodged the one rock that he had to in order leave while leaving a mess of collisions of asteroids to his opponent. 

“Even though he has phases shift armor every rock that hits his mobile suit drains his power…let see how good of a pilot he is”

Train noticed that his opponent was probably a little older than him, but that did not mean his opponent will be able to outsmart him... or at least that's what Train is telling himself. This person may have more fighting experience but Train's senses and instinct is very sharp.

As soon as his opponent shot the asteroid at it's sides, creating a chain reaction. The asteroid started to tilt off course and hit another asteroid, which cause that asteroid to hit another one and so on. Although this kind of tactic didn't seem to phase Train at all.

The Aegis merely jumped back far enough away from the collisions that happened. Although the enemies plan was fairly thought out, the collision of those asteroids won't effect the entire asteroid belt forever. Train watched as there became a huge mess of collisions by the asteroids in the area. The collisions continued, but it seemed to slow down now. As the collisions slowed down, the Train tried to locate the enemy. Train found the location by the heat signature emitted from the enemies thrusters.

The Aegis aimed and shot four beam rifle shots at the enemy. Not only this but the beam vaporized asteroid and small debris that were blocking the beam's way. This created a clear path for a brief moment. In that brief moment the Aegis followed that path, having thrusters at full speed, making sure that it can make it before the path was ruined by debris that slowly float around.

Once fairly close to the enemy, the Aegis took out it's beam rifle once more and shot two shots up close than backed off and awaited for the opponent to make it's next move. Train took note of his environment while he awaited. Behind him was the debris of the asteroid belt, and in front of him was nothing but space and his enemy...

Edited by Guest

OOC: I know you are probably mad at the asteroid belt idea, however it may be unlikely but a plan like that could work, F=MA, in my case I believe that is A= F/M so the accelation should equal the force divided by the mass which means every time an asteroid hits another the increase mass would reduce it speeds, since the force of the beam rifle is unknown I assumed that it was high, but it a lot of small asteroids where hit they would move all over the area for a couple of seconds then slow down again (which is actually was a plan to lure you there), but you did two attacks on me in one round.  You have to let me the opportunity to dodge or accept damage for the first 4 beam shots and then you can fly in and shoot another two.  I will integrate both attacks on this post but please dont attack me twice in the same round unless for specific reason.  Also please don't write the location of my MS, you place me in the post outside the asteroid belt, this can be partly on my post because I was not specific whether I remain on the asteroid belt.  However, this is the combat zone (asteroid belt), please assume that I am in the asteoid belt unless I write otherwise, don't place my suits on a place that I don't mention because I really din't want to leave the asteroid belt, don't worry about that either I will incorporate this also in my post.    If you have a problem or question you can either OOC me or PM and I would be happy to sort it out also the ref can make a call which I would be happy to obey.  Just in case I am not mad at you, this is partly my fault because I haven't fought a Gundam duel in 2 years.  So I will try to be more presise. 

Another question is the Ref is supposed to evaluate what happens in every roundor we just continue until there is a dispute?  I ask since I got hit he should get points for it. 

IC:

As Alex left the pilot the area of the asteroid plan, he headed to open space.  Putting his thrusters to 75% Alex headed out, it would take a couple of seconds for the mess to clear up, since the chain reaction was only as powerful as his beam and the angle of deflection for the beam. 

In a couple of seconds he heard a small beep on the side.  Alex noticed that his opponent was firing at him. This guy wants to play.  The first four shots cleared the way for Aegis to move quickly in his direction.  Alex looks at the shots and managed to dodge three of them, but since they were fired in quick sequence he was not skillful enough to dodge all of them, one of the beam scrapped Strikes leg.  

Alex checked the damage report and apparently he lost control on everything that was below the knee of the Gundam.  Oi Oi Oi, apparently I got hit, better take this guy more seriously let stop maneuvering around. 

Alex turned off his thrusters and used his left thrusters on full speed.  He managed to turned around Strike and face his opponent.  Alex tried to back off from his opponent.  Before he could think of something to do, the Aegis Gundam fired two more shots in close range to Strike.  Given the fact that Strike turned around the shield was able to absorb the first shot.  However, the second shot hit Strike on the edge of Strikes weapons (right) shoulder.  Alex hit the damage screened and noticed that the damage was to his coolant valve.  If Alex moved Strike shoulder a lot it would eventually become inoperable. 

Alex noticed that after that attacks his opponent, stop heading towards him.  Not thinking twice Alex turn his thrusters to maximum. 

Noticing that there was nothing but space behind him Alex quickly tried to outflank his opponent by heading to Aegis right. Alex was able to shot a beam shot towards Aegis direction, heading to the middle of the Asteroid belt.

Edited by Guest

[OOC: Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply earlier since I'm still out of town and I only can get on briefly at night.

@Aures: It is a good plan, but it's dubious that a chain reaction like that would be 100% guaranteed to succeed in your intended manner.  Because space is vast, even in an asteroid belt/field, there is still a bit of space in the full 360 degree radius, so there is always room to maneuver.  Also, you weren't too descriptive about the potential process, so it's hard to judge the scale of the reaction.

@Riku: Aures made a good point though.  You took four shots (on a beam rifle, not a machine gun, so the rate of fire isn't quick), thrusted forward and took another two shots closer in.  This takes too many actions possible in one turn and as Aures mentioned, he would not have much time to respond, if at all.

His 'chain reaction' attack would have at least caused you to do some semblance of evasion, rather than something simple, but that may also be his fault for the reasons I stated above.

Rather than have you two go back and edit everything, I'll let you both proceed.  I will not penalize Riku for taking excess action at this time but I ask that you be careful in the future.  Instead, the damage Aures received from that fourth beam shot will be negated.  So please edit accordingly and continue. ]

(OOC: i wont post just yet because i just wanted to ask a question... well more like explain o.0

Actually, for the first 4 shots, before i started to move towards him, giving the beam a little a head before i rushed through. I Never intended for all 4 beams to shoot at the same time, i was roughly meaning when they can shoot, basically following the rate of fire on the beam rifle.

When i came closer, than i shot two beam shots. Although i know beam rifles are not machine guns i just meant i shot when ever i could for those two shots...

Actually i didn't know about the chain reaction much, and expected it to effect only a certain area, not a long range kind of thing. Sorry if my posting caused trouble....

Yeah my English is bad but i hope you actually understood that...)

[OOC: A good RPer would take his/her time to post such details ahead of time to prevent misunderstandings such as this. 

If Aures allows it, then go and edit your post accordingly.  (But your total sequence of events is still a tad too many.)  Please PM or chat with him to discuss the revisions, if any.]

Edited by Guest

OOC: ok ok i'll do roughly 1-2 actions at a time or so. BTW i assuming that since the beam was in my direction i can still block it...

Train noticed that this person was a quick thinker. Not even wasting time, the person had quickly outflanked Train while he was backing off. The Strike quickly shot a beam towards the Aegis.

Train was caught by surprise and barely reacted. His reaction was slow so instead of trying to move away, the Aegis quickly turned towards the beam and raised it's shield. The shield did block partial of the beam but due to slow reaction, partial of the beam was able to make it onto the Aegis's left shoulder. Without wasting anymore time, the Aegis countered with a beam shot of his own.

The Aegis now stood, slightly away from the asteroid belt. Train looked through the battle damage which was only his left shoulder so far. If Train were to force his left shoulder too much it would become dangerous.

[OOC: No, you're right.  I even sent a PM to him a few days ago to remind him.  However, he did not inform either of us nor did he post in the 'Leave' thread.

Aures Convicio has been disqualified due to not replying within the posting time limit.  Winner by default is Riku Ishimaru]