Re: Initial reporting for duty ==> first mission

HHLkill3r

After he heard Allan's reply he pondered a little on whether the answer was a yes or a no since the answer that Allan replied was a little ambiguous. However after a little thought he decided that the answer to his offer would be an extremely polite no.

"Let's hope it's a matter of not getting lost. One of the good things about being an Intel gather I suppose, is that I know how to split my focus without lessening my effectiveness greatly." he heard Julia say after a small silence created by the pause.

"Well we won't get lost if the exploration is done with a starting point somewhere... and if I remember correctly there were also signs set up somewhere directing everyone where to go for which." he said whilst thinking back to a sign with arrows that he saw whilst he was wondering around during his first small tour of the place. He took another sip of the newly opened bottle of water before continuing "However we probably would only have about an hour and a half after the dismissal to prepare the gear and as such so we might have to rush the exploration a little so that we can get the gear prepared as well as getting ourselves to the meeting place on time." He stopped on that thought and wondered what types of explosives are available in the gear prep room for him to utilize in this mission.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well we won't get lost if the exploration is done with a starting point somewhere... and if I remember correctly there were also signs set up somewhere directing everyone where to go for which.However we probably would only have about an hour and a half after the dismissal to prepare the gear and as such so we might have to rush the exploration a little so that we can get the gear prepared as well as getting ourselves to the meeting place on time." He smiled at the thought of the tour. When he had been on it, he had thought it interesting and fun, but as he walked the paths, and saw the sights he began to realize that the Cleostratus base wasn't as colorful as the guide described. It was a fraction of that, but none-the-less, it got the jobs done and was large and roomy. He regarded the fact that they'd be going through the same tour except now their was no guide to excite there imaginations.

He decided that he should get to work on the new model that the SoF/ORB wanted him to develop for a faster rifle. And with this new addition, even if you think, their's only room for one shot, he had made it possible, from at least a distance of 2000 ft, to get another shot in before the bullet had even reached him... Although this didn't seem like an accomplishment, if you think of it in these terms, you can fire the second bullet before the person even realizes you shot the first one... And it was all thanks to a new system known as the "Grid-Face" system. All though, it itself, doesn't have much uses, if you can integrate it into other items you can come up with a self reloading, super fast rifle... The only problem was, the rifle could only be fired in groups of two shots, to allow the barrel to cool. He reached into his pocket and took out a notebook, labeled "Rifle Designs- Model SGX-72 Ed." scanned over the 56 pages of work, and detail, of the default stuff, and proceeded to the experimental ideas. He already had the idea down, and tested it out in a small scale experiment, to have it work. This left drawing up the plans...

Allan was completely oblivious to the nature of the other two and the impending sensation of the mission coming, as he pulled out his book and read over his designs...

OOC: Infinitedge, perhaps you should refer to my character profile and edit this "Valiant, who was just plain 'Valiant'...' "

"Dimitri Shirokov," Xavi kept his anger in check. Barely. "Could you care to explain to me about this mission that you so kindly took up for us?"

The commander did not care if his words dripped of saturated sarcasm. He was in the mood. That would give the Soldier something to think about and perhaps quake in his pants. Xavi was careful not to go overboard. He knew he had an example to set as well as an organisation to run.

Dimitri fumbled with his laptop as he retrieved the document detailing the mission. Dropping himself back into his seat, which was still warm despite his jumping out of the seat to speak to Dimitri a few moments ago, Xavi tapped the intercom on his desk. "Get the rest of the team to assemble in my office immediately."

"Yes, Commander," Lara replied promptly.

Many Soldiers were out on various assignments and only a handful were left in the headquarters. Lara contacted Houston, Julia and Allan. She kindly noted Xavi's annoyance at Dimitri and relayed the information to them. No matter how prepared they were, the commander's anger would still potentially reduce them to tears.

She glanced at the clock. It was still a long while before she was off duty. Silently praying that Dimitri had something satisfactory to show the commander, Lara continued with her work.

OOC: O.o... I always make that mistake >.< My bad, I fixed it, sorry...

As Allan had finished drawing up the designs for the new barrel, which was longer, and heavier, so to be able to withstand the heat, he jumped when he heard a voice boom out of the loudspeaker... Although, he noted that the voice was not loud, it was just sudden...

"Would all the operatives assigned to... the mission, that are in the Briefing room please proceed to the Commander's Office, that is all..." The voice sounded edgy, and she chose her words carefully, because she obviously didn't know much about the mission... So it seemed that, either the mission was top-secret, or that someone was really angry... He looked around at Julia, and Houston for confirmation of the announcement, before grabbing his bottle, draining the contents, and, from his chair, tossing it into the garbage bin, on the other side of the table.

Edited by Guest

Blake sighed as he closed the door he just peeked through."Another supply closet. How many supply closets can one base have?", he thought to himself, turning to walk down the empty corridor he's in to get a clue where he is. This portion of the base was surprisingly devoid of personnel.

"Great. First decent job in months and I'm going to be late for it on my first day. Why? Because I had to run off to the head office without waiting to get directions first!" he mentally berated himself.

After he had resigned from the EA Forces, Blake had tried to find a good job to support himself. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful as suitable jobs and employers willing to hire him were very few and even further inbetween. Finally, after several months and running low on cash in his bank account, he applied for a position as a mobile suit technician with the mercenary group, The Soldiers of Fire. He was elated when the recruiter told him he was hired, and told to report to their head offices,based in the Cleostratus lunar crater .

He had just arrived on the lunar base about half an hour ago,riding along on a supply ship heading there to resupply the base. As he walked down the corridor, he rubbed a sore spot on his head, where he, then unused to lunar gravity, had earlier pushed off the ground a little too strongly and collided with a low beam upon disembarking from the ship. The crew unloading the supplies was still laughing about it when he hurriedly left the hanger where the ship had docked.

Unfamiliar with the base layout, he had gotten himself lost and now trying to find his way to the office, hoping he wasn't fired for being late.

He had just rounded the corner, when he heard  footstep coming from the other end of the hallway."Finally! There's someone here! Maybe they can give directions." Cheered by this thought, he hurried towards the footsteps.

OOC:Sorry for the late entry. Edit:Paragraphing fixed.Thanks

Edited by Guest

HH jumped a little but recovered pretty quick when the voice came out behind him from the loudspeaker, which was placed in the top left corner of the ceiling.

"Would the all the operatives assigned to... the mission, that are in the Briefing room please proceed to the Commander's Office, that is all..."

He looked up at both Julia and Allan and nodded indicating that he also heard the message loud and clear before getting up from his chair and tossed all the empty bottles in the bin on the other side. The newly opened bottle he also drained it and tossed it into the bin. He walked over to the door and half sat half leaned on the corner of the table whilst waiting for the others

Edited by Guest

Julia twitched at the sudden announcement, the slight movement causing the necklace she'd been fiddling with to catch against her skin. Releasing the silver chain, she grimaced, but did nothing else to show her discomfort. The pinched skin was an annoyance, nothing more.

"Would the all the operatives assigned to... the mission, that are in the Briefing room please proceed to the Commander's Office, that is all..."

She noticed both Houston and Allan looking at her, and nodded to show that she too had heard the message. Her own bottle of water was finished, and as she moved to join Houston near the door, she glanced over her shoulder and tossed the empty bottle. It hit the back of a chair and fell into the bin on the rebound. She hadn't been trying to show off - she just didn't want to have to walk all the way down to the end of the table to dispose of the bottle and then have to walk all he way back up to the door.

Now they were just waiting for Allan. Julia personally hoped he could show them the way - he probably knew the base better then they did.

They confirmed his doubts as they stood, at the ready, waiting for him. He got up quickly, now he was to anxious to be nervous. He moved nimbly to the door and said, "I'll lead the way," as he had already walked through the automatically opening door and rounded the and heard more steps approaching around the corner. He didn't break stride as he noticed this but he continued at a faster pace before realizing the footsteps were coming in the opposite direction of the Commander's office. He proceeded down the hallway, just before rounding the corner, and stopped abruptly, to stand face to face with another mercenary, Blake.

OOC: Lol, "Would the all" ? Did no one notice?

Blake stopped abruptly as he went around the corner, nearly colliding with another man coming from the opposite direction. He quickly stepped back from the man he'd almost crashed into, mentally taking stock of him, and the two behind him.

Of the three,the guy in front of him with the short, black hair had a lean but muscled build, similar to what one'll see on a athlete. The one with the black spiky hair had a powerful build, definately not someone he'll would want to go up against in a fight. The longhaired blond woman in the group had a similar build to the first man, but slightly slimmer. Like him, all three were dressed causally.

Blake adjusted the shoulder strap of the duffel bag containing most of his belongings he's carrying, and said,"Er,sorry. Can someone tell me how to get to the head office? I'd just arrived, and I'm been lost in these corrridors for a bloody half an hour."

He continued,"My name's Blake, by the way. I'm a mobile suit techician. And you guys are...?"

OOC: I'm basing Blakes' first impression of the three on the rp profiles you guys put up. Hope it's okay...

Edited by Guest

"I accepted a mission?" Dimitri had a look that bordered on "bullshit", but immediately opened up his laptop, typing up a storm until he got what he needed. Unfortunately, it wasn't good. It'd probably get him into a whole shit-load of trouble. Xavi wasn't so dumb that this problem would be overlooked with some sooth talking. Worse yet, there was nothing Dimitri could have done outside of staying off his computer that would have prevented this.

"It seems an unforeseen interfacing error is to count for this one. Unfortunately, when my computer became linked to the network containing all the mission statements, we accepted a mission without even knowing we had. Despite the accidental nature of this occurrence, I'll take full responsibility." He quickly had diagnosed the problem, and had just now figured out how to put it. "The computer that I linked to in the server had an automated form filling program installed. When I looked over the unsigned contract data, the forms got filled out, and only required your permission to go through to processing. However, your permission, and administrative access... Are the same thing to a computer considering you have full admin access to the network... As does my laptop..."

Immediately, he began to pull up all of the mission data he could without crowding the window too much. "It's a technology heist. A mercenary cell is trying to get their hands on some experimental technology at a ZAFT research lab. We're to get it for them. Four pieces, one of them is a Mobile Suit, a modified YFX-600R GuAIZ Experimental Firearms Type. The other three targets are weapon systems. We'll get an additional reward for any extra we bring to them as well."

"Unfortunately, the client is Meddiggo... Fortunately, the Soldiers don't have to put their names on this one. There is no statement of confidentiality. If we cover ourselves up to seem as members of his mercenary group, the blame will fall to them pretty quick, and with little to no investigation. I suggest being somewhat reckless with our approach. That's Meddiggo's style."

Dimitri seemed rather cool of someone with the wrath of Xavi facing him. It was something he picked up from the family, you can be nervous all you want, just don't let it stop you. Toughen up, and fix your mistakes, otherwise you'll lose even more respect.

"I don't have the right to ask your forgiveness, sir. But I am deeply sorry."

[OOC: it was 5am in the morning when i did the post so prob of me missing it is 99% and i did miss it....]

hearing that Allan was going to lead the way, he was content and briskly followed him out of the meeting room and out into the corridor. Hearing the sound of approaching steps he became a little more tense and prepared himself for anything. seeing a fellow mercenary almost smash himself into Allan he almost chuckled. He held his laughter in and listened to the mercenary speak. "Er,sorry. Can someone tell me how to get to the head office? I'd just arrived, and I'm been lost in these corridors for a bloody half an hour. My name's Blake, by the way. I'm a mobile suit technician. And you guys are...?"

HH spoke first "names Houston... job demolition head office... you mean the commander's office right... we're heading there now... I guess you can follow along" he suggested

((I have no excuse. I noticed it, but I didn't think to correct it when I copied it >,<))

Upon meeting yet another mercenary, Julia found herself wondering just what the ratio of males to females was in this group. If the current numbers were anything to go by... It's 5 males to 2 females. I'm fairly certain the announcer is female.'

She nodded her head to Blake after Houston introduced himself and told the man he could tag along. "Julia Farold, information gatherer. As Houston said, we're heading in that direction, so you might as well come along too."

She'd never admit it, but she was slightly nervous about the upcoming mission. She was fairly certain it was the lack of information they had recieved that had her worrying.

Allan Frost stood there as a wave of nostalgia washed over him. He had spent countless hours when he had first arrived only to be sent on a mission  before he had even unpacked... If you could have even call it a mission... However, as Houston and Julia introduced themselves, he decided that now was not the time to sit by idly. "Allan Frost, Marksmen..." He didn't care to say whether he could follow us or not... After all he was asked by Houston and Julia. However, his angst was acting up and he had the sudden burning desire to dash down to the commander's office leaving the rest of them behind... Of course, he would wait, because, if they got lost it would take more time to get there... He basically stood there waiting for a response from Blake.

"....so you might as well come along too."  said the blond woman, who introduced herself as Julia Farold.

Blake sighed in relief, grateful for the invitation. "Thanks. I'd just got this job, and I don't want to lose it before I'd even started working.", he said to Julia and Houston.  "A demolitions guy, a marksman and an infomation gatherer. Sound like a lineup for a inflitration and sabotage unit. I wonder why they're going to the commanders' office?" Blake thought to himself.

"So, why the three of you going to the commanders' office?", he asked out of curiosity, as he adjusted his duffel bag strap to sit more comfortably on his shoulder.

Edited by Guest

He sighed before saying, "We have a mission, we're suppose to report to the Commander's Office." He already started ahead and began walking ahead and looked over his shoulder before saying, "The secretary sounded agitated so I think that the commander is upset. It would be best not to sit by idly, and nodded to Julia and Houston.

Once again he glanced over his shoulder and said " Blake, is it? Well, if you require guidance to get to the Office I suggest you follow us. We haven't found out what the mission is about so were very anxious to receive our orders..." He said as he continued down the hallway before reaching the end he took a slight smaller hallway in which only 1 person could walk normally if they walked one at a time. He continued down the hall but didn't make any turns as other corridors intersected with the smaller one. It was almost like an expressway because it didn't really have any rooms attached to it, nor did many people walk it. So I guess you could call it a shortcut. He continued to walk silently

Seeing as Allan answered Blake's questions, he nodded and followed silently down the hallway. The secretary sounded like she was annoyed at something... it might prob be more than the commander is upset he thought to himself as he followed Allan first down a slightly smaller hallway which was empty.

He turned his head to look around as he followed to see that this new hallway was slightly confining... with activated security camera overhead at every intersection. high security... he thought as he silently followed with his hands in his jacket pocket with one playing around with his box of small explosives ready to opening them for use at anytime.

we're very anxious to receive our orders..." said the marksman, Allan Frost.

Blake simply watched him as he walked a little further down the corridor; the demolitions man, Houston nodded and followed him. Blake glanced at Julia, then hurried to catch up to them. As they walked down the smaller corridor, he thought, "This corridor is unusually narrow. Maybe a service corridor or something..."

As he followed them, his thoughts wandered to the small and lightweight package he had received in his postbox. He had retrieve it from the post office right before he boarded the shuttle to space. He simply forgotten about it during the trip here, but now, as he walked, his thoughts kept wondering what's in the package, and where it came from...

Julia noticed Blake's look, and shrugged, waiting for him to follow the other two. Whenever she was in a group situation, she had a tendency to keep to the rear of the group. It was instinctual, and unless directed to do otherwise, she saw no reason to deny that instinct. Besides, Blake had introduced himself as a MS technician - and another habit of hers that revealed itself when in a group was to ensure that a Combat-capable person watched the backs of the others. There was no way to tell just how much combat, if any, Blake had seen.

With that in mind, and Houston and Allan ahead, she was content to stay at the back. It gave her yet another opportunity to study her companions. It was interesting to see that the youngest in the group was leading the others. 'So much for old age and knowledge going hand in hand.'

The narrow hallway didn't bother her, but the security cameras interested her very, very much. 'I wonder... Is the hallway narow because it's a service corridor and the cameras are here because you don't want to be caught unawares, or is it so small to ensure limited manuevering for any enemy that manages to get this far?

After following a seemingly endless hallway, Allan abruptly stopped at an intersection that was marked by 4 cameras, rather, 7, if you could notice the ones that were hidden. Allan turned sharply to his left and continued down a much larger hallway, but their were no doors on either side, only cracks in the walls where a slot could open for a soldier to shoot or watch from... Of course the handles were on the inside of a different room. Allan continued down the hallway before arriving at a almost invisible door that opened by applying pressure on either side of the doors. He glanced over at the others and said quietly, "Don't ask me how I know this shortcut..." He walked through the door and down a flight of steps, before arriving at another door. This one opened by pressing a button. He pressed it, walked out and stood before a door, directly opposite of them, that wasn't labeled at all, however, it was cleverly camoflauged by other doors of the same kind. He stepped forward and pressed a button to the right of the door and it opened automatically. The change from the bleak walls of the military facility to the bright and vibrant colors of an almost- hotel-like lobby, caused it to leave an after image in his eyes, as he turned around facing them and the bleak wall before saying, " We're here, I've never gone farther than this so I don't know what we do from here," but almost immediately after he had finished talking a door swung open to his right. He shrugged his shoulders as he gestured to the door by directing his arms in that direction.

As the group walked through the passageway, Blake was intrigued by all the security percautions they had to go through. "A guy could easily get lost in here...", he thought to himself. He especially noted where the walls and ceiling is marked with emergency tape, denoting where the emergency bulkheads are. These bulkheads will quickly close off sections of the base in case there's a breach. When he opened his mouth to ask Allan about this passageway, Allan suddenly and quietly said, "Don't ask me how I know this shortcut..." . Blinking at that statement in mild surprise, Blake quietly shut his mouth.

When they arrived at the commanders' office, his eyes widen at the, well, extravagance of the place. As he cleared the passageway exit, he stepped aside to let Julia, who following behind him through. After Allan said "...don't know what we do from here,", the door on Allan's right swung open. Blake merely looked at it, slightly perplexed and half-expecting somebody to walk through the open doorway.

[OOC: the suspense is building... why does it sound like we're about to get shot or something... hope you've all got weapons on ya lol]

HH followed Allan through all the secret doors and passages to an almost hotel-lobby like room "We're here, I've never gone farther than this so I don't know what we do from here," he heard Allan say. Immediately after he had finished speaking a door swung open to his right. HH looked towards the open door as Allan shrugged his shoulders and gestured to the door by directing his arms in the direction of the empty doorway.

"I guess I'll go first... if I get shot or anything... don't I repeat don't take me to a hospital whilst I'm still conscious." HH said with a little emphasis on the two Don'ts. Without much movement of his arms or hands he opened his box of explosives and took out 2 pieces of clear explosive and flattened it in 2 spots on his palm before taking his hands out of his jacket pocket. He walked forward and acted as though stretching and lightly brushed the first piece of explosive on to the frame of the door. The explosive instantly showed color of frame.

That should get the entire door open if we needed to do it in a rush... might take out 3/4 of the corridor, this lobby as well as the room ahead too... but it'll get the door open. he thought to himself as he walked though the bright light to see another room. This time there was a neatly decorated desk in the center left of the room as well as many filing cabinets in the left and right hand side of the room. Behind the desk was a extremely expensive looking oak-made door that was shut at the moment. Behind the desk sat a pretty girl possibly in her early 20s. The wooden name tag on the table said that her name was Lara.

He waited for all of the others to walk through the doorway before speaking to the girl. "Err... we're here to see the commander. We as in Allan, Julia, Houston and Blake."

Edited by Guest

Julia followed the group, more interested in her surroundings then her companions. Their path was riddled with security precuations - the least of which were the visable cameras. It met with her approval. Whoever had designed this facility had experience with those who specialized in espionage. She shook her head at her own foolishness. Of course they had experience with spies - you didn't run a mercenary organisation and not encounter at least a couple of them.

She'd actually found herself hunting for a camera that she knew was in the corridor, but she couldn't seem to locate. It was driving her batty, but as the rest of the group was already getting a little to further ahead, she decided that it would have to find it later. There was no question in her mind that she would find it.

She gave a Blake a nod and smile when he stepped aside to let her through into the room. At least the technician was considerate. Stepping to the side so she wasn't blocking the door, she studied the room, and had already decided on which way they'd have to go now. She didn't get a chance to say anything, as the door swung open at the end of Allan's sentence.

'At least I was right'. She thought as Houston took the lead. "I guess I'll go first... if I get shot or anything... don't I repeat don't take me to a hospital whilst I'm still conscious." It was a curious request, but one she fully intended to respect, if anything of the sort did happen. It wouldn't be that difficult to render Houston unconscious, if she had to - She doubted that it was something she needed to concern herself with right now anyway.

Rolling her shoulders to loosen them a little, she followed Houston, her hand brushing the ever-present knife at her hip. She only ever removed it when she had to, and even then, it was usually within easy reach.

Edited by Guest

Although Allan was anxious he wasn't expecting a force of 3000 soldiers to waltz through the doors and gun them down... So he continued as he was, he walked through the door to reveal a familiar person... Or was she? The tag she had on read "Lara," so it was an impossibility... Besides, what would she be doing in the Cleostratus base. As he thought about this, a rare and true smile glimmered in his face before he quickly regretted it and returned to his stoic expression. He decided that, instead, he would count all the hidden cameras he could discover. His hawk eyes detected 12 out of the total 15 at merely a glance, but after sweeping the room one more time he found all 15. He seemed content and knew that he had found all of them, as he returned to stubbornly staring at the door behind the secretary... As if waiting- not expecting- but waiting for a tiny little man with a large machine gun to hop out and start blasting the walls to bits before telling them that he was the mission provider.

Blake followed the others through the door. He merely raised an eyebrow when he heard Houstons' strange request. As he walked behind Julia, he watched as Houston stretched his arms, and Julia loosen her shoulders as they passed through the door. He thought he saw something flashed over Allans' face, but a quick glance showed his rather stoic face. Blake stood with the others and set his duffel on the floor next to him.

When everyone had entered the room, Houston introduced them to the young woman sitting behind a neatly decorated desk. "Err... we're here to see the commander. We as in Allan, Julia, Houston and Blake."

The heavy oak door behind the woman's desk presumably led to the commanders' office.

Edited by Guest