What are you reading now?

liubei013

Just bought the 'Legends of Dune' trilogy and I already finished the first book, "The Butlerian Jihad".  I've already read the 'Prelude to Dune' trilogy (House Atreides, Harkonnen, and Corrino) so I'm pleased with Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson's styles of writing and how they've brought this rather untouched saga to life.

liubei: Dune is a wonderful series that many people tend to overlook. Good picks.

I'm re-reading Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings. He's my favourite author. If you haven't, go try his books. Here's a down-to-earth author who writes as a hobby rather than turning it into a lucrative money-spinning franchise. He writes by hand and faxes it to his publishers. No official website. No games based on the stories. No intention to make a movie based on his books until he's well "buried six feet below the ground". Threin lies my admiration for him. Writers should write to tell a story.

David Eddings? Haven't been into his works lately. Maybe I need to go a little further to other libraries. Can't seem to find any of his 'Elenium' works in the neighbourhood library.

Currently starting on 'The Rising'. Presumably one of the prequels to the 'Left Behind' series by Tim LeHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.

Faith, it's hard to find his books in the public libraries. They are on loan most of the time. Either you try to make a reservation or loan it from a rental bookstore.

I finished Belgariad and Mallorean (that's five books per series) thrice. That's what I call epic fantasy. (Note to non-fans: These two series actually make up one epic fantasy story .)

I've also finished the Elenium but I haven't had the chance to finish the Tamuli series. So things are still hanging there since that's only half the story told.

Then I got started on the Elder Gods series. I have yet to read the last two books though.

I tend to keep my reading light, I don't like getting into too many serious novels or books (I have enough textbooks to read as is, so I'll stick to something more lighthearted thank you ).

Just finished reading:

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows

Quidditch Through the Ages

Currently Rereading:

Shakugan No Shana volume 1

.Hack//AI Buster

Currently reading A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon, the same author who wrote A Curious Incident of the Dog In The Night Time, , but I am currently rather distracted by other stuff

Been reading books by Margaret Atwood, her books are really nice, I recommend Oryx and Crake if you are into genetic engineering and the ethical implications.

For mystery stories, the Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie, rule!

Finished the 7th Harry Potter a few days ago, and am now currently in between books. I'm currently amusing myself with the Love Hina manga series (Akamatsu FTW!!) whilst I search out a new series.

I think I might try for something Sci-Fi. Maybe Battletech, if I can get my hands on them.

I think I might try for something Sci-Fi. Maybe Battletech, if I can get my hands on them.

Yeah, they're a bit harder to find nowadays. 

But if you can, at least try and get your hands on the 'Blood of Kerensky' trilogy (first conflict between the IS and Clan forces, including the Tukayyid treaty) and the 7 or 8 part 'Twilight of the Clans' series.  Top picks, imo.

I just finished the third book of the 'Legends of Dune' trilogy I mentioned before.  It was quite a good read...a little too good, I suppose.  (Didn't get much sleep during the past few days since I spent that time reading chapter after chapter. )

@liubei013: Yes, I actually lucked out in that my college library actually happened to have the entire Blood of Kerensky Trilogy stocked. I kept rotating them, checking them out, then returning, then grabbing the one I returned again a couple weeks later for an entire semester. ^_^

Twilight of the Clans does sound quite interesting, though. Last I checked, Amazon had some Battletech books in stock (was in a rush, so I didn't look too hard). Maybe they'll have that set, and maybe even BoK to buy.

Right now, though, I really need to get to a bookstore and pick up the last three volumes of Love Hina. I'm almost done with it and it's gonna drive me nuts until I finish it. _<" title="" />

I just finished In Fury Born by David Weber, is an awesome book for sci-fi fans, as is mos of Weber's stuff.

Now reading A Forest of Stars-Kevin J Anderson, and Off Armageddon Reef-David Weber and kinda rereading Phantom- Terry Goodkind to prep myself for his new book coming out next month.

I'm currently reading "Eclipse" by Stephenie Meyer. It's the third book in the series, after "Twilight" (the first one) and "New Moon" (the second).

Great vampire and werewolf-filled action. (With, naturally, an awesome human/vampire romance plot!  ) Excellent book, though!

• 2 weeks later...

@DD: Good choice.  I decided to go after the manga myself after feeling dissastified with the anime's ending (which was actually only up to vol.11 or 12 or something like that *shrugs*).  Already finished Vol.14 a while ago.

@topic: I'm reading Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy.  It's interesting to read on Jack Ryan's first 'assignment' as a CIA analyst but I admit that the pacing is a bit slow even for a Clancy novel.  (Classic Clancy for the win.)