Gundam SEED Destiny Explained in 5 badly Drawn Rows, Shinn's Harem, Etc.

Ryou Misaki

seed.gif

... I had to explain the series to a friend.

ADDITION; SHINN'S HAREM

ShinnHarem.jpg

Why are there little hearts around all the arrows between Shinn and Lacus, Shinn and Cagalli, Shinn and Luna, and Shinn and Stellar? And does that really say harem?

YOU DECIDE

Edited by Guest

So I walk into the bookstore today, see the Destiny manga, come home, look it up online, and that's what I get. More terrible (and often flat-out wrong) summaries are here. It's like... some insane AU where Uzumi Nara Athha is a political sleezebag.

destinywtf.gif

And this was just...Weird for me.

omgwtf2.gif

Edited by Guest

You can't expect the Masatsugu Iwase mangas of SEED and Destiny to be all that correct.  Besides the fact that they're adaptations that cut out parts of the story left right and center, they will make sure to spell everything in as many different ways as possible (can't remember how many times they misspelled Yzak and Dearka's names .).

That aside, the Iwase mangas are pretty good art wise, and quite a few of them have come with some of the conceptual art that Iwase drew when he was planning the adaptations.  (has the entire SEED series, and the first two of Destiny).

It's not a problem if there were a few minor issues. The problem is that he made a lot of errors including the history, names can be misheard/miswritten but the year? Even for me that's kinda too much error.

Destiny was a good series per say...Ending I just found...ripped off.

Really, if you just want to know how Destiny ends, go watch Return of the Jedi. Insert Kira for Luke, Rey for Darth Vader, Chairman Gil for the Emperor (complete with evil chair and evil window IN EXACTLY THE SAME SHAPE AS THE ONE ON THE DEATH STAR), and everyone else for Ewoks. Oh, and, um, Lacus is Admiral Ackbar and Athrun is Lando Calrissian.

That's very true...Shinn is Anakin, but in the ending of GSD he meant nothing to me.

He might've as well have not fought through half the episode- Oh wait, HE DIDN'T CAUSE HE WAS HAVING A DREAM ABOUT BEING NAKED WITH STELLAR.

I seriously need to feel bad for Luna when you hear you have your lover on your lap and then he says the name of his dead ex. How do you beat that? O.o; poor girl.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

okay....compared to the SEED manga, the Destiny manga was absolutely horrible.  I'm just glad that I am watching the Destiny episodes as they come out on DVD so I can fill in some plotholes left out in the manga...I wanted to cry when I read the Destiny manga...

And besides the fact that Heine only had like 8 pages pissed me off...oh and also how they mispelled the archangel's weapons as Godfleet instead of Gotfried.  And Yzak is not Isaac, and Durandil is not Dullindal...omg...that was sad...once again...i'm happy i am watching the oh so better episodes.