Re: Impromptu MW Desert Battle

liubei013

(OOC: I already made my way to a sand dune, so engulfing me would've been uhm, improbable. I'm already on a sand dune, FYI.)

Seeing that the GuAIZ went to attack, moving towards the sand thrusted upwards by the beam cannon shots.

"Seemed to have worked. He's taking the bait."

Seeing that the GuAIZ is on an attack run, Sieg maneuvered the Kerberos to face the enemy's direction, rearing back a bit to exploit his higher ground. Keeping the Kerberos' heads just a bit over the dunes he tracked the GuAIZ's position as it sped towards his direction. His scanners then detect the other Kerberos BuCUE nearing the area. Though it goes toward Sieg's own Kerberos it doesn't seem to be being hostile to him. Fortunately, it seemed to be aiming at the GuAIZ as well.

"As long as he keeps his paws away from me, its all good."

Carefully adjusting the hounds position Sieg aimed slightly in front of the GuAIZ as it continued on its current bearing. Sieg took aim for the head and torso area, one each for each BuCUE head, albeit at a point slightly in front of the GuAIZ, where it would head to as it sped on the sand.

"Try to avoid this one!!!"

As Sieg pulled the trigger warning signals erupted in the cockpit. The other BuCUE also fired shots at the GuAIZ, all the more in favor of Sieg's current condition.

Perfect...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This suit was not made to be stuck on the ground like this, especially in this position. " 4 Shots.. " He whispered, having then moved his controls once more to deal with another way to dodge this attack he was getting from this flying mosquito.

The suit had turned to the right, the wing having been dipped into the sand as it was suddenly slowed down and behind the Murasame once more. He had raised his left hand and started to let out a few rounds from the machine gun. " I'll just blast your back so you'll be grounded for a while.. " He whispered, having then moved his right shotgun to the sand as he let out a shot and recoiled his suit into a better angle where the boosters were facing the ground and his wing had been taken out of the sand. " Need more smoke.. " He whispered, having then shot out missiles towards the Murasame. Either it would hit and cause damage or he'd block it and at least he'd get smoke and off the man's radar, he needed to deal with the wing being damaged later on if he could have enough time checking. For now he was moving back and away from the Murasame as he was at the top of the dune.

[ooc: ryou... why'd you sac a wing to get out of that mess...]

HH watch the Dinn escape in shock and horror.

How in the world did he get out of that little scenario he thought as the alarm sounded once again signaling an attack from behind. He turns the ms and raises the murasame's shield and blocks the few rounds of machine gun fire.

"More alarms again..." he muttered as the missiles are coming towards the murasame, he preses the button into MA mode and dodges the missile once and then flies behind the missiles again and shoots them down with the CIWS from the wings.

He looks around when the smoke clears "where did he go...." he stuttered as he looks down at the close range sensor... no where to be seen... just where in the world did he go he thought to himself as he regained his calm from the sudden missile attack no matter... i might have lost this exchange but i'll find you again in this big battlefield He puts thrusters back on 60% and races ahead to find his next opponent.

Edited by Guest

[[OOC: Not again...More MS are being wiped-out due to DQ than being hit.  :(" title="Angry" /> I say change the rules to 48 hour w8, rather than just 24...for now]]

The beams ripped through the GuAIZ body, tearing it to pieces, leaving a smoldering lifeless machine on the sand dunes. Though it was unclear if who's kill the mobile weapon is. As both twin beam cannons hit their mark at GuAIZ, its hard to determine which one hit first or which one did the most damage. Nonetheless, thats one less mobile weapon not worry about.

Doernitz stayed under his cover waiting for what would be the other Kerberos move. Though they were of the same type and of the same weapon systems, there is only one way to know who's superior in using the Kerberos. Doernitz thought of fighting just using their melee weapons and one thing the Kerberos has is more beam melee weapons than any other mobile weapons out there. So he contacted the other Kerberos for a melee duel.

"Well Sieg, looks like its just down to two of us. I have thought you everything that is to know about this machine. Now its time to show what you can really do with it. Power down your range weapons and lets settle this...the old fashion way. Emano-to-emano."

Doernitz raised the kerberos head to see if Sieg accepted his terms of engagement.

Sieg watched as the green flashes of light flew from the Kerberos' heads down to the equally green GuAIZ. Though a similar set of beams were shot by the other Kerberos aimed at the same target Sieg's own beams hit the GuAIZ, akin to those from the other Kerberos. It seemed to have hit on target, one on the head and one at the torso, but he wasn't really sure. What was sure was due to the simultaneous shots at it all that remained of the GuAIZ was a heap of metal.

Still on the sand dune, Sieg maneuvered his own Kerberos until its three heads could be seen from the sand dune. A message then came in through the radio.

"Well Sieg, looks like its just down to two of us. I have thought you everything that is to know about this machine. Now its time to show what you can really do with it. Power down your range weapons and lets settle this...the old fashion way. Emano-to-emano."

The other Kerberos seemed to raise its head, waiting for his response.

"Hmmm, just as I suspected. Its the famed Draco Doernitz, leader of the Team Zoids. Good thing Takumi acquainted me with this guy in the past, if not then perhaps he would've been attacking me now", Sieg told himself.

Based from the current conditions of the battlefield there are only 4 mobile suits left. The 2 Kerberos', the Murasame and the DINN. If he was to engage this other hound it would leave them both open from any aerial attacks, jeopardizing them both. He proceeded to radio Doernitz.

"I'm sorry to let you down for the moment, but taking down the two other aerial mobile suits would seem to be more logical than going mano-y-mano right now. besides if we both eliminate the other mobile suits and after all the dust settles we could finally get to your much anticipated one-on-one fight, without any interruptions from the air, don't you agree?"

Sieg then maneuvered his hound to look toward the top of the sand dune it was resting on, whilst scanning the area for any of the mobile suits left in the arena, namely the Murasame and the DINN. Tracking them on radar there is a slight signal from the DINN, on a sand dune somewhere while Murasame blasted of in a search pattern, most likely it was looking for them.

"How about doing some target practice on the other mobile suits Draco?"

Ryou had wiped the sweat off his forehead with his sleeve as he looked over at his wing. It wasn't as damaged as he thought it would be and if he didn't use the shotgun to recoil his angle he would have torn it off. " Three left then... " He whispered as he tapped his fingers on the controls while his Suit was standing halfway down a sand dune.

Distance was high between all three of them. With that being safe, he had turned on his thrusters and then flew into the sky. Having known that he couldn't pull off any magical tactics like before anymore or else he'd be pulling off all his luck.

HH flew around in the Murasame in a wide search pattern looking for his next opponent.

If this searching continues... it'd be at a disadvantage to me since i'd just be wasting my own ms's power thus reducing the time that i'd be able to stay active in the air... much easier if i use the long range sensors to detect any heat coming from fighting then ambush both the attackers at the same time he thought as he pressed the button to transform to Ms mode and landed on top of one of the dunes.

Now for the patient wait for the next prey... he muttered as he turned on the long range sensors and searched for any heat source. After a short period, he spotted the slight signal of the 2 BuCUE on the sensor but they seem to be not engaging he also spotted the dinn's heat source of taking off.

The BuCUE are planning something but i cant put my finger on it... might be good to team up with some one for now... i guess it'd have to be that Dinn... hes the only other one left on the battlefield with the other 2 mses destroyed he wouldn't like that offer much though... since i did mess up his wing... he thought as he opened a private encoded comm channel with the Dinn.

Hey pilot you can hear me right... how about we team up for now and get rid of the hounds first before we continue our lil fight from back then... by the way just a lil intel for ya... spotted the BuCUE together at the moment on the long range sensors but they aren't firing at each other yet... be wary pilot for an ambush.. i'll let you think about the offer just speak on this encoded channel when you've come to your conclusion HH out he said clearly into the mic before switching off the mic of the headset.

now... its just a waiting game... with too many possible outcomes he thought to himself as he pulled out the keyboard and checked the diagnostics of the current status of the MS

Edited by Guest

Doernitz received the reply with warm acceptance. Truly, his apprentice still shows his prowess and tactics in the field. No doubt that Doernitz was quite pleased with Sieg's decisive thinking. So, he raised the Kerberos out of its cover to show his acceptance to the other kerberos.

"Then lets get rid-off this extras and let the main actors take center stage."

His sensors showed that the nearest amongst the other two mobile suits is the DINN. It was just a couple of meters away. And it will be much quicker to end this by eliminating one of the fliers.

"Alright Sieg, I'll play along for now... I'll deal with you later. The DINN mobile suit is just couple of clicks away. lets roll-out!"

Doernitz pushed his controls forward, activating also the Kerberos to tank mode. It sped through the desert like water. Heading towards the DINN's location, clearly showing in their radar's.

"Then lets get rid-off this extras and let the main actors take center stage."

Sieg scanned the vicinity for an updated position on where the 2 aerial suits were. Good thing the other Kerberos agreed with him with the logical move. It would be too much of a carnage if Sieg had to contend with 2 aerial suits and a fellow BuCUE.

"Alright Sieg, I'll play along for now... I'll deal with you later. The DINN mobile suit is just couple of clicks away. lets roll-out!"

Sieg checked the scanners. It did indicate that the DINN was most probably on the approach. Seeing that the other Kerberos was on the move Sieg wouldn't want to be upstaged by the other hound.

Sieg pushed on the controls as well, the hound lowered its stance as it went into tank mode, mimicking what the other hound did.

"Hmm, I think I already know what is he up to."

Sieg readied all the weapon systems, priming them for the action to come as they hurtled through the sand.

How annoying was Ryou's first thought on this all. Teams already? He could tell from his scanners on how the two dogs were moving together now while keeping a distance from another in case of betrayals. No...it'd be stupid to betray one another soon until both fliers are out of the way.

He had gotten to the sky finally, his wing not giving him that many issues as he thought it would. Of course he needed to add a few things onto the sides for the wing not to give him many issues but that wasn't a problem at all.

Whatever, might as well team up with the Murasame for now and watch it get shot down. Might do him a favor if luck was on his side. Having gone onto the same channel, he had simply said a few things. " Better be a man of your word.. " He said, letting him decide if he'll shoot down some kid pilot.

Either way he was in the air for now, having to avoid two dogs on the ground would be easy considering they could just shoot lasers and missiles at most.

As soon as he finished with the Murasame's diagnostics he heard the encoded comm channel had a message coming through. he pressed the receive button and heard

"Better be a man of your word.."

He opened the encoded channel once more and said into the mic clearly on my way to your position i should be able to intercept and at least get a shot or two on the lil doggies before they'll be able to react... jump in and help out which one do ya want left doggie or right doggie?

damn he still doesn't trust me enough... must have been the damage that i did to him before he thought as he powered up and switched to MA mode. hmm... terrain following mode is best to evade radar evasion here due to the heat from the desert at least it'll work until i get to about firing range i think... a lil risky since the probability of detection is at around 9% but meh no pain no gain... moving out

he sets a course to intercept the hounds as well as meet up with the Dinn then pushes the stick a little forward and step on the thrusters to begins terrain following mode towards the intercept spot.

After a few brief moments in treading the sand, Doernitz finally sees the DINN. It was high up in the air far from having a clean hit from his beam cannons. Though, as he always use to say - "they cant stay up there forever." Even though their target is unreachable, it was still to their advantage. With the DINN just wasting precious energy high up in the atmosphere and doing nothing, he will have only limited time left for it to make his attacks. And kerberos are near excelent dodgers thanks to its speed capability on the ground.

"Sieg...take column formation(side-to-side)...watch for any attacks on our 6...I'll watch our 12. Attack only on my command..."

With that said, Doernitz activated his targeting visors again. As he placed his head through the visors, he could see the DINN in a magnified vision. Apparently, this DINN is missing a wing, yet still flying.

Desert sand was being kicked up by the two hounds as both sped through the desert terrain. The dot on the radar screen, the DINN's location, was slowly nearing that of the hound itself.

""Sieg...take column formation(side-to-side)...watch for any attacks on our 6...I'll watch our 12. Attack only on my command..."

"Here goes Mister officer again...", Sieg told himself. "I really can't do anything about it, but its better to get with him than be tackled by him from behind."

The DINN was at a height they couldn't get to with their cannons. Not yet, that is. Sieg primed the canons nonetheless, keeping an eye on the DINN's and the Murasame's positions.

"I'll just enjoy watching these birds fall from the sky...", Sieg muttered to himself.

[ooc: here we go... the 2 on 1 begins.... the difficulty just increased by about tenfold....]

As the Murasame flies to the right of one of the sand dunes he spots the hounds dead ahead side by side with a gap in between.

hmm... lets use that space to its full potential he thought as he put thrusters on full once again and zoom towards them. and this is how you use air to air missiles to its fullest potential he thought as he slides the murasame a little towards the left hound and fire the 4 air to air missiles in a 15 degree arc aimed at both the hound's back legs and with one missile at the dead center of the gap between the two hounds.

The sand created from the explosion of the missile blows up a wall of sand between the two hounds and he flies past them and starts a vertical ascent tilting a little towards the left to get out out of the hound's cannon range.

a little greeting gift from lil old me enjoy it he muttered as he moves the stick left to start the Murasame spinning to avoid random fire from the hounds

(OOC: Oh crud... Konig, why has thou left thy!?! )

To Sieg's suprise the other hound veers off to the left, disengaging from their attack run. At the same time the DINN also veers off-course and disappears on the horizon.

"What the? They're dropping like flies! Damn thos...."

Before Sieg could finish his sentence warnings erupt inside the hound's cockpit. An enemy mobile suit was inbound, doing an attack run on the hounds.

"Blah! If you want to have something done you have to do it yourself!"

Pushing on the controls Sieg maneuvered the hound to the right, using the hound's inherent agility to easily dodge the incoming missiles.

The sand blows up behind the BuCUE. The hound makes a 180, then heads off in pursuit of the Murasame.

"You can fly, but you wouldn't be having wings for long", Sieg muttered as he readed the beam horns, sabers and cannons for a retaliatory attack.

(ooc: wow... only us two left.... and i thought that it'd be a long 2 on 1 fight oh well odds are better now i guess....)

HH breaks from the climb as soon as he gets out of range of the missiles and switches back to MS mode. hmm... this is going to get very interesting... only way that i can win here would be to wipe out the mobility or the weapons and get close for a strike with a beam saber he muttered he he took aim with his beam rifle at the hound's legs

lets try this move again he thought as he fired 5 shots with the beam rifle in a diamond pattern with one dead centre where the hound's missile pack would be. prob of hitting... a little over 15% he thought as the beams sped down towards the desert sand.

As the BuCUE sped through the sand the airborne MS went to a stop then fired 5 consecutive beam rifle shots.

"Tsk tsk.. You really don't get tired of that move junior..."

Sieg simply pushed on the control stick to dodge the incoming volley of beam fire. Being so high up gives him enough time to do so.

"So you want beam shots, I'll give you beam shots..."

As the hound circled the area near where the Murasame lay hovering it fired off 2 beam shots of its own, to both sides of the MS.

"If your beam shots could reach the ground, mine would surely reach the sky!!!"

As the beams are approaching the Murasame HH thrustered back the Murasame and then pulled the thruster control stick back to 0 and dropped towards the ground to evade the beams. He pushes the control back to 50% as soon as he did a 360 degree flip and stepped on the thruster.

Damn that lil hound is annoying... why won't it just collapse and blow up already he muttered as he fires a few more shots from the beam rifle then switches to MA mode and goes on a steep decent towards the sand dune a little behind the hound.

(OOC: I'm kinda late to reply, just came from my job offer today.)

"Hmmm, the kid's playing around with little toy gun. Bleh, this kid doesn't learn... My pet hound will just play with you for a bit as you amuse yourself up there."

Playing around with the controls the BuCUE glides over the sand as he waits for the beams to hit the sand it just maneuvered from. Given the height where the Murasame shot it the beams would be easy to avoid.

As Sieg checked the cameras as he tracked the Murasame it quickly transformed to its MA mode and blasts its way toward the general direction of a sand dune behind him.

"Hmmm, the boy wants to play a little tag, doesn't he. Then its tag we'll be playing!"

Sieg maneuvered the BuCUE around, first skidding as a part to go 180, a bit after the airborne unit flew past above. The BuCUE quickly transformed into MS mode, jumping whilst maneuvering to aid its rotation. Upon facing backward it jumped through the air and landed back in MA mode, in pursuit of the Murasame.

"Here little birdy...", as the 2 other BuCUE heads unleashed a volley of 2 shots per head, in a larger diamond pattern over the flight path of the Murasame.

(OOC: thats fine^^ hope your interview went well and hopefully you got yourself a new job)

The sensor alarms flares as the shots were approaching the Murasame's flight path. o boy the line of descent was a little too high it seems that he can shoot at me at that range... o well time to correct that error down we go HH thought as he pushed the stick even more forward and steepened the angle of descent from 45 degree to 70 degree. As soon as he passed the top of the sand dune that he was aiming for, he pulled the stick up, slowed the thrusters from 70% to 50% and pushed the Murasame a little to the left so that he was going to circle the hound by going around the sand dune whilst still following the terrain.

here little little doggie come get me he muttered as he readied the Type 72 high-energy beam cannon once again as well as the beam rifle for firing.

(OOC: I got the job! I start on monday, hehe..)

"This bird really wants to play. Hmm, if you want it that way I'll give you a game. A game that you'll lose.."

Sieg made the BuCUE follow the curved path the Murasame was taking, tailing it with some distance as he observed it from above, weapon systems at the ready.

(OOC: grats )

HH notices on the sensor that the hound was still following him from a minor distance behind. Damn its behind me HH thought to himself and that move is just a little too risky to use right now... i might have to use it though... may be when the situation turns a little to the worse

He puts the thruster forward and speeds towards another sand dune a little ahead and then bank sharply to the left. Slowing the thrusters down once again and then bank even more sharply around the sand dune he faces the hound and fires the cannon 3 times towards the left middle, middle and the right middle and  fires the beam rifle to the left and right of sand dune that the hound was traveling upon. HH puts the thrusters back to 65% and races ahead towards the sand dune. As the cannon shots struck the sand, it blew up a large screen of sand obstructing the view of both MS to each other. As the distance closed between the Murasame and the casadeing sand screen he switches the MA to MS form and pulls out both beam sabers with each hand and then puts thrusters to full to speed up towards the sand. it'll definitely hit i'll definitely get hit too but its too close right now for him to use his missiles or his cannons unless he wants to suicide so its a old fashioned beam saber fight to the end he thought as the distance closed rapidly

here we go to certain victory or utter defeat!!! he shouted as the MS dashed towards the hound behind screen of sand

(OOC: I'm gonna start work in 3 hours, w00t!  )

Sieg was still tailing the airborne mobile suit when it suddenly banked sharply to the left. One thing immediately came into Sieg's mind.

"Maneuvers..."

The BuCUE continued on its bearing as the Murasame went on its preparations for an attack run. Sieg waited for any action from it before reacting itself.

Upon facing the hound the Murasame fired a salvo of rounds, aimed directly at Sieg while he was coming its way. Sieg yet again depends on the maneuverability of his mobile suit, its best asset. He puts the hound to a controlled side ward slide so as to stop to a spot before the target of the volley of beam fire. A wall of sand gets kicked up as the shots hit the sand.

"Now this is the dance I was waiting for. COME BIRD, LETS DANCE!!!"

The hound transforms to MS mode and leaps toward the wall of sand, bursting through the other side with the Murasame coming in fast. The hound's three heads come a-glowing, the 2 exterior heads' beam horns and the interior head's fangs engaging, making it look like the hound was possessed by the devil itself. The beam cannon heads' mouths started to glow themselves, before the BuCUE went up to jump in the air.

At the speed the enemy was going it wouldn't be easy to dodge the beam fire Sieg was to unleash.at the top of the leap, as the BuCUE was at the most level with the Murasame the 2 exterior heads unleashed 3 consecutive shots per head, the first aimed the the shoulder area, the next the the torso and the last one above the head and at the leg area.

"This will be your last dance with me!", Sieg shouted inside the cockpit as the shots were fired.

With the 2 exterior heads' beam horns, fangs and now also their beam sabers turned on and the interior head's beam fang also on it was ready to engage any close-range attack the Murasame could deal onto it, given that it will survive the volley of fire its heads dealt to it. Given the speed the Murasame was incoming and the short distance between them, the margin of survivability of that attack was very, very slim. Very, very slim indeed.

(OOC:  grats on starting your new job   )

As HH's eyes widen in amazment at the hound leaping out of the sand at the Murasame guns exposed. He quickly pushes the MS's side towards the right so that the shield is up facing the hound. As the first shot impacted on the shield he keeps sliding out so that the ms is able to evade the second shot by mere centimeters. That was closer than close... if my torso area was just a little bit bigger and i was gone.... well there goes plan A.... it completely backfired on me absolutely completely backfired on me and damn if the beam saber was any longer i'd have cut the hound's under belly open he thought as he gained back his composure whilst righting the Murasame.

He took a quick glance down at the diagnostics to check on the arm as well as the battery power. half an hour of power left... his should be around the same as well he muttered well lets be a gent and let the lil hound make his first move of the ending battle

He pushed the thrusters back down to 15% to hover just in front a sand dune and waited for the hound to commence its attack.