Re: Gundam 00 Mobile Suits

Valiant

Looking at the designs now from those images alone make me want to hang myself. You're right they are way to thin, to even remotely have any interior components. I just hope Double 00 and Clamp don't kill Japan's number 1 anime franchise.

Turn A? I'm getting Code Geass vibes off these personally. I think the Knightmares had that same kinda anorexic thing Valiant was talking about. I think my feeling is validated considering one of the Conceptual Mecha Designers worked on that show.

Wilhelm: You're right. Check out the listed weapons on those units. Even the Core Fighter II could probably outgun all of 'em except for Virtue.

Frankly, I don't care.

The designs don't really put me off. In fact, I'm looking forward to what these mechs can do rather than how they look like. It isn't that important and their sizes and shapes might even explain why they look like that, i.e. Gundam Virtue. Apparently it looks to be a heavily armed unit not meant for flight.

@DD: If you're talking about the list shown in mahq currently, I suggest you wait for some time before making the Core Fighter comment again. I have a feeling the information is neither accurate nor complete.

Liubei: Ahhhhh. Okay then.

FAITH: You have a point, but now that I've had some time to think about it, I might actually prefer them keeping the current loadouts, or at the very least not expanding on them a whole lot more. At least from my perspective, having to watch these four units work together to effectively combat enemies (with different styles of combat for each unit) would be decidedly interesting if done well.

Edited by Guest

Given that it is in fact directed by the director of FMA (which pushes on the theme of bonds between individuals a lot), I'm not even surprised that the designers are trying not to make one-man armies here.

@KCT & DD

MS-GUNDAM:

Super weapons created independantly by Celestial Being, they are a second-generation technology compared to anything the two superpowers in the world have to offer. They are machines made to take out entire armies individually.

So... they Are doing one man armies and probably not teamwork.

GN-001 and GN-002 don't look too bad to me but GN-003 is definitely pushing the limits of the franchise.  If they're not careful it's name will be "Toothpick Gundam" in the English version of the show.

Does GN-004 remind anyone of Bolt Gundam from G Gundam?